• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Server Move Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Alright so my buddy Ulti hasn't been able to access smashboards.com for about two months. Whenever he goes to any smashboards.com page, he just gets the "page cannot be found" dialog. He can access smashboards on other peoples' computers, but not his own.

Anyone know what's causing this problem and how to fix it? I'm guessing it has something to do with the server move?

Sensai

Smash Master
I deleted all my pm's and i still get "new pm" box every time i open a page. wtfffff
Same exact thing.

What I'v been able to figure out is that it looks at your most recent PM in your inbox and just keeps telling you that it's new. Delete them all and it'll give you a box that is essentially blank.

The box is really annoying. Signing off/back in doesn't help, nor does switching OSs, browsers, computers, etc.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The staff knows about it and is looking into things. You can fix this error by turning off the notification in your Options area of the control panel. You can turn it back on to be notified of your next PM, but you'll be back in the same situation once you get one.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Currently I am having a problem staying on the page. I can be on the page for about 5 minutes at a time and then my page comes up with and error when i click on another link.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Umm...I got a PM, and it keeps poping up saying I have a new PM, when I've already read it! XD Is this because of the move, server error, or what=??? Is there anything I can do about it=??? (thanks in advanced, of course)

Levi5

Smash Ace
PM thing happens to me too. I saw the fix, just letting people know more people have it.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
I am also having a problem with posting replies, when I post sometimes the reply doesn't go through and the reply loading screen just sits there.

flaco

The Terminator
oh i got comcast is cable fast internet connection but maybe is your computer I don't have that problem good luck

S2

Smash Lord
Okay, I don't know if this problem is already known or if anyone else is experiencing it.

The "forgot password" request isn't working for me. I'm putting in my email address and I get the message that an email is being sent to me, but it never actually shows up in my inbox.

This came up after I tried to log in with what I was 99% sure was my password, and it ended up being wrong. With no way to reset it, I found myself unable to log in at all.

To make matters worse, I tried several times to message this to a moderator through the site's contact page... but everytime I tried I was unable to. After submitting I would get an error stating that I put in the spam verification wrong (it was not wrong, I doubled checked and tried several times).

Anyway, just thought it would be something you guys should know. Since I essentially was unable to log in or inform anyone about it.

BTW, the only reason I can post this at all is because my account is already logged into and remembered on a different computer.

So yeah, I'd really like my password reset since I can't log in (I've tried all the variations I can think of, my best guess is that the last time I changed it I mistyped or did something stupid). The comptuer I'm logged in on has a bad hard-drive, it gets errors a lot... really a matter of time before its unusable.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
I've already donated twice to SWF. Once was the one month premium membership and now the 6th month one but its kind of frustrating when half the time SWF is down. I know its probably a busy site and it takes a lot of effort to keep it up not to mention i bet its expensive buttt its getting kind of annoying how bad this server is. I mean i've been planning a post on how much this server sucks but everytime i remember SWF is down, how ironic. I know a lot of people from the north east have bought premium memberships recently and im sure others have as well so im doubting money is the problem. Is there something that could be done about this? it seems like its sucked for a while now and at first Im like ahh they'll fix it but nothing yet?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
iv considered getting a premium account as well (north east ftw lol) but theres no way im paying almost the price of my xbox live fee (more if you go monthly instead of annually), when the server is always down for me, especially recently. with the amount of people on here, the ads should really be bringing in a good amount of money, especially enough for us to get some free custom avatars, but couple that with the amount of premium members, i really cant see how a better server can't be bought.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
The Server seems to be running slow, And pages wont load or take around 10 minutes to do so, whereas any other web page i view loads up immediatly.

S2

Smash Lord
Anyone have an answer to my inability to change passwords problem?

Seems like a big deal to me. Especially since I can't log in on my regular CPU.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
iv considered getting a premium account as well (north east ftw lol) but theres no way im paying almost the price of my xbox live fee (more if you go monthly instead of annually), when the server is always down for me, especially recently. with the amount of people on here, the ads should really be bringing in a good amount of money, especially enough for us to get some free custom avatars, but couple that with the amount of premium members, i really cant see how a better server can't be bought.
I agree 100%. When my 3 months is done I'm not sure I will go annual like I was planning.

Kips

Smash Ace
It seems like the server is moving perfectly at one point, where people are at school. The next point it's dying and crying for mercy as I can't even browse. I wish I could donate. I'll see what I can muster.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Sometimes, I have trouble even getting to the forums.

It loads so slow and sometimes give me an error message and not letting me in. I have to constantly try to refresh the page.

And when I manage to get on here, it's STILL slow. Sometimes, it'll over a few minutes to see topic or post a response. And even then, it won't load sometimes.

Why is that?

RevN

Smash Apprentice
Sry about the Double Post. SmashBoards has been LAGGY AND SLOW.. its getting annoying. I know Gideon pays every month for this site to be up, so i don't blame him.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
So my most requested Character is confirmed today, and I can't even get onto this site to celebrate and congratulate all of the success.

It seems to be moving slightly faster in these past few minutes though. I've actually managed to connect to the forums now.

Patinator

Smash Champion
It seems EVERYONE is having similar problems. It took me three tries just to load this thread. Posting works a bit more than half the time; I even had to resend a PM earlier.

I understand that Gideon might be having money problems, though. I don't blame him; especially since I can't exactly become a premium member...

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Exactly the same here. . .I hope this gets posted cause I can't be sure:(
I think its very annoying how this always happens around a certain point of the day, i mean at first i thought it was just because of loads of people online but it seems to be happening more frequently these days. ecspecially when you want to post or go to you CP

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
The "forgot password" request isn't working for me. I'm putting in my email address and I get the message that an email is being sent to me, but it never actually shows up in my inbox.
Something similar happened to me, although it was a couple months back. I was trying to make a smashboards account. I would fill in all the necessary blanks, blah blah blah, then I clicked the "send verification code" button, or whatever it was called. Anyways, I never got the code. I tried to get the site to re-email the code to me like seven times. I then attempted to contact a moderator--like you, it didn't work.
I ended up just making this account, and the code was sent instantly.
Was that a server problem? I'm not sure if it could be because I made a mistake, or if the site had a momentary glitch.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
It's possible you just mistyped your e-mail address, and that's why you couldn't get a verification code sent to you.

S2--could you send me a PM with your e-mail address and a temporary password you'd like me to set on your account?

technomancer

Smash Champion
New server is giving me issues with connecting to it and posting using the quick reply button

This is old news I know, but it's annoying as hell when you hit quick reply, it stalls, then you hit go advanced and get a connection timeout.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I have similar issues^^^

if my internet even connects with SWF and various pages on it, it takes 3-4 minutes. I thought at first that it was my internet connection problem(might still be a small part of it), but apparently there's mre to it since others are having the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom