• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Server Move Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
i cant edit my posts or edit my signature or even access user cp today

soroKo

Smash Rookie
still can't

I made a new account, cleared my cache, and waited. I am still getting a white cannot find screen. I can't access my pm's or anything else on the control panel. I realize this post was awhile ago ;o.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
I can't use the Edit Function, and haven't been able to for some time now.
Also, I can't access my Private Messages..

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
only in IE. I'll look into making it bigger

*edit*
should be fixed now, although the border is now gigantic. I'll mess around more with the border tomorrow.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I still have the weird quick reply thingy problem.

Also, if you have P.M. and it expires, does your custom avatar change back? Cuz when it expired, my custom avatar disappeared. I had no avatar at all. It's probably too late now cuz I changed it to something else already.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Is anybody else having problems where the site isn't remembering you when you go to the domain "smashboards.com" ???

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Also, if you have P.M. and it expires, does your custom avatar change back? Cuz when it expired, my custom avatar disappeared. I had no avatar at all. It's probably too late now cuz I changed it to something else already.
It's a glitch, you're supposed to be able to keep it. Send me a PM with the image you used to have and I'll set it up for you again.

chansen

Smash Lord
I frequently get a database error, and i can only access the boards during the day hours (usually). I like to check my cp often and it wont update the most frequent posts on any of my subscriptions.

Loranga

Smash Rookie
i have to log in 2 times beforiget in, first time i type in my log in info, nothing happens...then if i do it the second time nothing happens again. i can only log in if i hit the " redirect tag" when iv tried about 1-2 times,belive me iv´e tried diffrent combinations. very odd. and kinda frustrating knowing you have to type you acc info. 2-3 times. ^^ any one have ´the same prob?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
i have to log in 2 times beforiget in, first time i type in my log in info, nothing happens...then if i do it the second time nothing happens again. i can only log in if i hit the " redirect tag" when iv tried about 1-2 times,belive me iv´e tried diffrent combinations. very odd. and kinda frustrating knowing you have to type you acc info. 2-3 times. ^^ any one have ´the same prob?
on my dad's computer I do, it just won't process the log in info

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So are the boards unavailable during 8:00-ish (Central Time) or what?

I am also getting database errors occasionally.

ulanmannx

Smash Rookie
well the website is always very slow and i have a 7-12MBPS connection which as you can guess is very fast and can load anything no more than a couple of seconds but letely smash borads has been takeing longer sometimes not even loading

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
yes, during peak times the boards become slow. with all the new members from the nsider forum and extra traffic due to brawl, our server is having trouble handling everything. I am looking into a forum upgrade that would help alleviate our load issues - thanks for your patience.

Blackadder

Smash Master
yes, during peak times the boards become slow. with all the new members from the nsider forum and extra traffic due to brawl, our server is having trouble handling everything. I am looking into a forum upgrade that would help alleviate our load issues - thanks for your patience.
How has your sucess been on this issue Gid?
You seem to have been trying to solve this server issue for weeks now.
Any ideas on what server you may be getting?

*imagines what the boards will be like on December 3*
Ugh. I doubt the server will survive that day.
And to think: I'll be up here with everyone else talking about the game! :embarrass

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I cant' see any forum images!!! This mean i can't even edit or quote, seeing avatars or icons of the forums...

it mean... IS SUPER ANOYING, please correct this Dx

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Do you have those images blocked by your browser?

Gideon, when (exactly) does the forums do the search function compilation (and the boards are unavailable)?

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
How has your sucess been on this issue Gid?
You seem to have been trying to solve this server issue for weeks now.
Any ideas on what server you may be getting?
Well for weeks I have been trying to optimize our CURRENT server, which obviously isn't having the results I had wanted. So I'm currently "shopping" for a new server and will definitely have this all straightened out by brawl's release. I will probably keep this server but buy another dedicated server simply for handling the mySQL databases.

Gideon, when (exactly) does the forums do the search function compilation (and the boards are unavailable)?
Rebuilding the search index is rarely done (maybe once a year), so don't expect that to happen again anytime soon.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Nop, they aren't. Mostly because I saw the images before and now i can't seem them

And anyways, my browser can't block images i think.

Its moxilla firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom