• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

September Nintendo Direct: Postponed until further notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
As tweeted by Nintendo of America.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1039876288553484291

UPDATE:

Official YouTube channel that will be streaming it:

Can also be watched on the official Nintendo website, as well as their Twitch.tv page:
https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-13-2018/
https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Last edited by a moderator:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Makes me curious, how much of it will be Smash related. Maybe the last 10-15 minutes? Either way, I’d expect atleast 1 new character reveal and another echo fighter. That’s my early prediction.

D

Deleted member

I hope a new Zelda game gets announced tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I feel like I'm the only one hyped for more 3DS news.

I know the Switch is portable, but I don't trust myself carrying that thing around in public. My 3DS is way better for my train ride to and from work. Gimme new stuff to play.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I bet they'll announce the Best Buy demo/tour. Maybe some details on the hidden mode if we're lucky?

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I'm hoping that the rumored Star Fox racing game gets announced for Spring 2019. Other than that, anything goes in my opinion. As long as we see that a couple of games are releasing early next year, I will be happy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My prediction.

Newcomers:
Incineroar
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Black Knight (Ike) or Shadow (Sonic)

New Stage:
Bowser's Castle

Costume:
Dry Bowser (Bowser)

Only really fitting for such a stage.

Last edited:

Sprintle

Smash Rookie
I'm not expecting any Smash news tbh. Maybe they'll announce something about Smash towards the end but I'm not crossing my fingers. Seems like Smash has its own directs and they don't want it eclipsing other titles. I hope I'm wrong though.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I'm going to predict Decidueye and/or Incineroar will be announced.

As for echos, I expect to see at least one of these.
- Dixie Kong
- Shadow
- Ken

This is of course if Smash Ultimate is in the direct.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Not expecting much smash news. Maybe a new character reveal, echo fighter, and online info, if that. This is mostly going to be about the online services.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One character reveal is all I ask for whether newcomer or echo. Although I'm already satisfied with K. Rool and Ridley.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Not expecting anything to be honest. Sakurai has been doing pretty detailed and long talks on the new stuff. I don't think they'll shoehorn in something.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
IDK i can picture us getting something kind of like the initial reveal with a trailer at the end unveiling something new, I think switch online may be coming soon too so getting online details seems possible too.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Hype!!!!
Wait....it's a normal Direct, not a smash one.
Not as much hype....

But still I hope they discuss Smash. My prediction:
Newcomer revealed at the start of Smash discussion
2-3 more echoes shown
Another villains character announced (Porky?) with the same "The Rivals" style intro.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Seeing how it's not a smash direct, we'll probably just get a newcomer at the very end, if that.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
My Top 4 hopes:
1) A New Kid Icarus game announced for Switch
2) Kid Icarus Uprising Remake for Switch
3) Smash News
4) Announcing that the 3DS is official discontinued

My biggest fear:
1) "We are making a game directly catered to you [that is me], but we release it on 3DS!"

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I probably predict that they will at least show a newcomer or two within the Nintendo Direct.

Anyways my other hopes for the Direct:

1. A new trailer for Fire Emblem: Three Houses
2. Announcement of a new Ace Attorney game.
3. A new Super Mario Party trailer.
4. I would love to see a new F-Zero game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just a note; a new thread will be made later that is more updated about the Direct sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Feel free to talk about this here. We may or may not use this thread if it's convenient.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
As much as I love the series, it's sort of nice to have a Nintendo Direct that isn't fully focused on or at least has a large segment dedicated to Smash Bros. I want to see more general Nintendo news after being worn out from so many months of built-up hype for Ultimate news. Regardless I expect, at most, one or two newcomer trailers.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
They're going to spend 5 minutes on Smash, we'll get one newcomer and two echos.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Since 3DS is also part of the Direct, I would like a surprise announcement of a 3DS remake of Kirby 64.
And I would like the Kirby 64 remake to transition into the announcement of Adeleine as a Smash newcomer.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Think about it: In the March Direct, After the Splatoon 2 update/Octo Expansion announcement, that immediately segued into Inklings being announced for Smash and in return, Ultimate being revealed.
So do you think a similar thing will happen? Perhaps some new Pokémon information will segue into a new Pokémon representative, or Kirby Star Allies info followed by BWD or some other Kirby character.
IMO, My bet's on a Pokémon segued from Let's Go DLC or other, but my dream is that a retro newcomer, such as Balloon Fighter or Devil, is announced alongside an N64 Mini, just for "extreme" nostalgia brownie points.

Ronster87

Ronnie
NNID
Ronster87
Switch FC
7787-7027-5981
Not expecting much more than a new character reveal

Smithn

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4332 5240 6154
We will probably get a brand new character but I'm hoping for an echo or two as well. Namely Isabelle if she's an echo.

JayPercent

Smash Rookie
My thoughts for tomorrow's ND: 3-4 games for the 3DS (about 10 minutes); upcoming games for the switch and Diablo 3's release date (10-15 minutes); 5-10 minutes to further explain the upcoming online paid service (depending on features); and finally, 5 minutes reveal of 1-2 fighters/echo + his/her/it's/their stage(s) and maybe an assist trophy/pokémon. So generic I'm almost certain that's what they have in store for us. To be more precise and having that more chances to be wrong, solely based on my thoughts, what I'd like them to show and obvious wishful thinking, I'd say: A Zelda title based on a link between worlds and Indie games for the 3DS; the reveal of the missing 10 NES games for the online launch + upcoming games and how they plan to do it (wishful thinking: possibly even SNES reveal); Geno/Yuri/Rex/Isaac as base/echo fighter(s) (Geno is long overdue and Yuri would make sense since ToV:DE is due to release in Q4 2018. As for Rex, I just strongly believe Shulk shall not remain the sole Xenoblade representative in Smash and Isaac seems to be a fan favorite), Incineroar (or something) as new pokémon maybe 1-2 more, but I skipped Sun/Moon and Ultra, so.... Yeah... Mallow would fit in perfectly as an assist trophy and so would any playable ToV character(s)/Boss(es). Forest Maze/Nimbus/Pretty much any SMRPG town/dungeon would fit in perfectly, Tarquaron/Labyrinth of Memories/Zaude/ or any memorable ToV Dungeon would be pretty much well recieved (and there are quite a few of them). Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about Xenoblade and haven't played enough Golden Sun to speculate on them... That's about it for my oh so very useless sometimes generic, often wishful predictions about tomorrow's direct... That was much longer to write that you think and all that just to be proven wrong in 18.5 hours, lol.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'll be very surprised if they don't have the whole "We have one more announcement!!!" at the end of the direct, meaning a Smash newcomer reveal.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Are we allowed to discuss rumors?

I saw this thread on here, I wonder if it will have any merit.
https://smashboards.com/threads/nintendo-direct-on-thursday.458093/
That rumor is kinda credible, though there are a bunch of things that make me think it's fake.
-the fact that the 3DS is not even mentioned, though the Direct is stated to be about both Switch and 3DS.
-The several "It's finished... NO, there is somehting more!". Once at the end is ok, but it's done like 3 times in this leak.
-The fact that the last thing shown is not a newcomer trailer
-The fact that 2 original characters are presented but no echoes
-The fact that the leaker knows exactly what happens in the newcomer trailers scene by scene

Especially the absence of 3DS news makes me think that it's probably fake, or it's partially true and partially fake to confuse people.
FINAL FANTASY XV — Pocket Edition could be a 3DS thing (not sure), but it's the only one.

So, I don't know.
Anyway, I expect only 1 newcomer, or 1 newcomer and 1 echo (because this is not a Smash Direct).

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
This direct showed up so quickly, and I'm really only focused on Smash right now as far as Nintendo news goes, so I didn't really have time to think about what will be in most of the direct, although I do expect to see more information about FE 16 since we really don't know anything about that game yet, and something related to Pokémon Let's Go, I game that I do not care about at all but will acknowledge is something that Nintendo is expecting to be a pretty big deal.

Conservative Smash estimate: Skull Kid is shown as a newcomer along with an echo or two, possibly related to the other games. Personally I want to see Ken and Isabelle since I've guessed that those two would be in the game for a while, and I've wanted to play as Ken in Smash ever since Ryu was announced.

Little more out there Smash guess: We could end up with a lot of the direct being dedicated to Smash, since Smash Ultimate is pretty much the only major Nintendo game for 2018. If this is the case, maybe something about Spirits mode, Skull Kid and Isaac. I still want Ken if this is the case.

Time to see how wrong I am tomorrow.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Just a heads up that the Direct's been delayed due to a massive earthquake in Japan. No date specified.

Completely understandable, really. The safety of those affected by such a terrible disaster is infinitely more important than some Nintendo Direct. Besides, what's a mere few days/weeks of waiting gonna do?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Status