• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

September 30 Patch Predictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
People were saying the same things about Lucas and he got nerfed hard coming into SSB4. Sure he got some big buffs but he's still lacking much of what made him worth using in Brawl.
He received buffs on 1.10. I think more buffs would come to him on October. Idk. He's definitely not at the bottom. Maybe mid high.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Unless Wolf somehow won the ballot he's not getting a stage with him. None of the other veterans got stages.
Lucas= new pork city songs are in onett now. I think npc is a much more beautiful stage.
Mewtwo= Spear pillar or Pokefloats. All songs appear on other stages.
Roy = Castle siege which already is in the game.

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
Nerf :4sheik: just a bit. I dont want her to receive Diddy treatment.
:4zss::rosalina: Are fine as They are.
Buff :4pacman:, Bonus Fruit charges faster and the projectiles stay longer after hiting, só I can catch them after hiting my oponent.

Buff :4dedede::4greninja::4samus::4jigglypuff:
Fix :4samus:
Fix Tournament Mode.

But ofcourse Sakurai will actually release Mario Maker stage
Nerf sonic, c falcon and Shiek. First to becouse They are good on for fun and The last one becouse every one is complaning. Prepare to have Ganons Fair endlag on shiek's.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't really care what stage(s) we get, if we do get something beyond just Mario Maker.

Either way, I reckon something good is going to happen~

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
A character I would like to see back in the this patch if we even get a character at all, would Pichu. I'm 100% serious, I just love Pichu.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
That Rage MUST be removed.

(You have stage bans for a reason, dont want low silling, ban Halberd and Smashville. How is Dreamland silling?)
Zss up b needs a nerf tho. From 16% to 10 %. I mean why is her up b stronger than little macs? Ironic.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If nothing else, at the very least remove Rage. The game would be so much better if that atrocity of a mechanic were removed.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Lucas= new pork city songs are in onett now. I think npc is a much more beautiful stage.
Mewtwo= Spear pillar or Pokefloats. All songs appear on other stages.
Roy = Castle siege which already is in the game.
All of those were in the game already.

If nothing else, at the very least remove Rage. The game would be so much better if that atrocity of a mechanic were removed.
Because buffing all the lightweights and nerfing the heavies is a good idea...

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Rage is the only reason why dk will is doing so well with dk lol.
Point proven.
Because buffing all the lightweights and nerfing the heavies is a good idea...
Return the knockback scaling to how it was in previous games, and it won't be a problem. All the heavyweights except Dedede, Ike, R.O.B., Falcon, and Yoshi are ****, anyway.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I'll be praying for frame data buffs for Shulk (an autocancel window thats reasonable please).

I hope they'll adjust luma. Either make it stay dead longer or lower its bkb.
120 bkb on utilt? 110 for u-air? What were they thinking?
Warlock punch has a bkb of 120 for comparison.

Oh, and an updated replay system like in mario kart please.
Damage dealt by the attack is also a significant factor in the knockback formula, so Luma's UTilt and UAir won't cause nearly as much knockback as the Warlock Punch simply 'cause the Warlock Punch does like… 35%. That said, there's a reason why moves with base knockback like that are equally ridiculous on both heavies and lightweights: in the knockback formula, base knockback is added after the target's weight is taken into account.

By the way, with full rage (estimated to be about a 15% bonus according to ssbwiki) and the Smash Charge bonus, the amount of knockback Bowser takes from that UTilt is around 182; very slightly shy of the amount required to KO from the centre of FD with the Sakurai Angle and no DI in Brawl. Not surprising it's completely stupid. In fact, actually putting damage on Bowser would make relatively little difference when it's stacking situational multipliers and base knockback doing the work and basically ignoring Bowser's weight. What have we learned from this? 120 base knockback on a move that launches almost straight up is way too high.

I still think a mechanical change to Rage is a good idea, even taking into account that heavy characters effectively rely on it. What I want to see is an engine change wherein Rage's multiplier is applied after the knockback growth portion of the formula, rather than tacked on at the end. This would mitigate the negative impact of rage on combo ability against a low-percent opponent, as well as prevent 0% KO shenanigans like that Luma UTilt. I'm even okay if the Rage multiplier is increased to make up for the fact that it's now multiplying a smaller number.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Point proven.

Return the knockback scaling to how it was in previous games, and it won't be a problem. All the heavyweights except Dedede, Ike, R.O.B., Falcon, and Yoshi are ****, anyway.
Knockback scaling works the exact same way in Smash 4 as it does in Melee, with the exception of Rage, though ssbwiki is a bit unspecific about whether Smash 4 also uses the additional formula Brawl does to alter vertical knockback based on the target's gravity.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
No, I ment that removing rage and replacing it with the old scaling would be buffing lightweights and nerfing heavies. Rage is an excellent balancing mechanic with a few quirks like stacking with smash attack vulnerability... The game would be objectively worse without it.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
No, I ment that removing rage and replacing it with the old scaling would be buffing lightweights and nerfing heavies. Rage is an excellent balancing mechanic with a few quirks like stacking with smash attack vulnerability... The game would be objectively worse without it.
It wouldn't be "nerfing heavies". You have to remember that heavies are really hard to kill whereas light characters are easy to kill. Heavy characters are based on reads and punishes.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
It wouldn't be "nerfing heavies". You have to remember that heavies are really hard to kill whereas light characters are easy to kill. Heavy characters are based on reads and punishes.
The fact that heavies are so hard to kill lets them take advantage of rage to further boost their attacks, giving them more of an edge on lightweights.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Doubtful. Sonic, despite being a lightweight, would be worse without Rage, as would Sheik, Pit, and several others. I once saw Sonic kill a Fox at 59% with an up smash. That is, in no way, shape, or form, "excellent balancing." That is pure, unadulterated bull****. That never would've happened in Brawl or 64. People don't even die that fast in Melee.
How was it in previous games?
Higher. With the introduction of Rage, attacks at 0% are much weaker than they would be in any other incarnation, thus removing the usefulness of some moves without Rage, making comebacks extremely hard, and crippling characters like Jigglypuff and Falco, who have hard enough times killing as is.
Knockback scaling works the exact same way in Smash 4 as it does in Melee, with the exception of Rage, though ssbwiki is a bit unspecific about whether Smash 4 also uses the additional formula Brawl does to alter vertical knockback based on the target's gravity.
That's not what I meant. I know the knockback scaling mechanic is the same, I mean the scaling itself on attacks is different.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Maybe for :4lucario:, make him a tiny bit stronger at 0% and a tiny bit weaker with full Aura. I didn't quite realize how bad he was without Aura until I was playing Trophy Rush with him to get his last custom move, and I couldn't break a stone block (the second weakest block) with a 1/4 charged F-smash at 0%, an attack that has over a full second of startup lag, and that's just not right. To compensate, because this may or may not make him broken, he could lose a tiny bit of power with full Aura. I've seen a 180% Lucario kill someone at 30% with his side-B, a command grab mind you, which is also just not right.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I'm hoping that we get more new stages than old stages. Although Fountain of Dreams would be awesome to have, the music is already in the game with the DLC, so we probably won't get it. I just enjoy seeing new content, despite how awesome it is to dwell into nostalgia sometimes.

We really need some more stages that aren't banned. I know that isn't Nintendo's priority exactly, but Smash 4 is essentially just Smashville when it comes to competitive play.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Doubtful. Sonic, despite being a lightweight, would be worse without Rage, as would Sheik, Pit, and several others. I once saw Sonic kill a Fox at 59% with an up smash. That is, in no way, shape, or form, "excellent balancing." That is pure, unadulterated bull****. That never would've happened in Brawl or 64. People don't even die that fast in Melee.

Higher. With the introduction of Rage, attacks at 0% are much weaker than they would be in any other incarnation, thus removing the usefulness of some moves without Rage, making comebacks extremely hard, and crippling characters like Jigglypuff and Falco, who have hard enough times killing as is.

That's not what I meant. I know the knockback scaling mechanic is the same, I mean the scaling itself on attacks is different.
Pit's a few weight points above Mario (IIRC) but has a great recovery. With how he sucks at getting KOs, rage is pretty clearly an aspect taken into account with the character. Sheik is light and lives by the death by a thousand cuts design... She deliberately invokes the rage effect in her opponent. Sheik's balance issues most certainly don't come from rage, and Jiggs and Falco's don't either. And Sonic's Usmash was ridiculous until a few patches ago... I don't think you really understand who's better or worse because of rage.

I'm sorry, but when the crux of your argument is "wasn't like that before" I can't take you seriously.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
All this balance wishlisting in a thread about DLC predictions.

I'm personally expecting Super Mario Maker, Stage4.png, and 2 characters, one of which is likely Wolf (and presumably Mii costumes and balance stuff as per usual). If it ends up being just SMM, not complaining, though, as I don't expect to get any of the characters I really care about.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
My prediction is that I will be satisfied because I don't have any wishes left, so it will be a nice surprise after the patch is finally out :D

AmericanSaikyo

Smash Rookie
I want more street fighter characters. Other than that a few minor nerfs to shiek and some creative buffs for more suffering characters (Samus) are what I'm expecting.

Alhobbies440

Smash Apprentice
-Top 3 characters at Umebura are nerfed to hell.
This. I foresee a MAJOR nerf to ZSS because of Umebura(Remember when they nerfed falcon for no good reason just because Zero dominated with him at a Japanese tourney? Same logic here). It's gonna be so bad it's probably gonna make Nairo or any ZSS main cry. I also foresee a slight Ryu nerf as well, just because I don't believe the balance team and/or Sakurai really knows how to balance this game properly; although the last balance patch wasn't so bad.

I think we might get something else besides Mario Maker, like another stage or Mii costumes. I think we might get a veteran reveal as well, but not likely.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
i just hope that we get new characters...we have no news about new costume or characters. , jus ( pretty good ) t mario maker lv

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Pit's a few weight points above Mario (IIRC) but has a great recovery. With how he sucks at getting KOs, rage is pretty clearly an aspect taken into account with the character. Sheik is light and lives by the death by a thousand cuts design... She deliberately invokes the rage effect in her opponent. Sheik's balance issues most certainly don't come from rage, and Jiggs and Falco's don't either. And Sonic's Usmash was ridiculous until a few patches ago... I don't think you really understand who's better or worse because of rage.

I'm sorry, but when the crux of your argument is "wasn't like that before" I can't take you seriously.
When what it was like before was infinitely more fair than what it is now, I don't see why not.
Jigglypuff is shafted by Rage, because not only is she the lightest character in the game, but she's the lightest character in the game with one reliable killing option. If she gets KOd first, her already-piss-poor killing potential goes down the ****ter even farther, while her opponent is chock full of Rage and free to KO poor Jiggly at 50%.
Falco is much the same. Few reliable killing options, light character. To add to that, Falco's biggest strength, his high-damaging combos, are ****ed over by Rage, because of the added knockback.
And about the Sonic/Fox thing, this was 1.1.0.
Designing a character around a bad mechanic does not make the bad mechanic not a bad mechanic.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
i just hope that we get new characters...we have no news about new costume or characters. , jus ( pretty good ) t mario maker lv
I'm Sakurai's barber. We discussed and he mentioned on September 30th, he's going to release the ballot characters..... As costumes. However on October 3rd, he's going to release the real characters he said laughing evily.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I want more street fighter characters. Other than that a few minor nerfs to shiek and some creative buffs for more suffering characters (Samus) are what I'm expecting.
Creative is a good way of putting it. I remember when Robin was buffed in 1.1.0, and instead of frame data buffs or something of the sort, d-throw knockback was reduced so followups became possible.

I find it yields greater benefits than just making the character a tiny bit faster. In other words, make sure the moves work before trying to make them better.

phire_

Smash Cadet
I hope there is actually a balance patch on the 30th. If there is, I hope Mewtwo and Samus are buffed heavily and Sheik is nerfed so that she's not excessively dominating anymore.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord

Pit's actually 2 points below Mario, for some reason. 96 weight to Mario's 98.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
When what it was like before was infinitely more fair than what it is now, I don't see why not.
Jigglypuff is shafted by Rage, because not only is she the lightest character in the game, but she's the lightest character in the game with one reliable killing option. If she gets KOd first, her already-piss-poor killing potential goes down the ****ter even farther, while her opponent is chock full of Rage and free to KO poor Jiggly at 50%.
Falco is much the same. Few reliable killing options, light character. To add to that, Falco's biggest strength, his high-damaging combos, are ****ed over by Rage, because of the added knockback.
And about the Sonic/Fox thing, this was 1.1.0.
Designing a character around a bad mechanic does not make the bad mechanic not a bad mechanic.
I'm sorry, but helping the majority of the roster with balance and hurting only a few is clearly a net gain. Most of your examples are complete bunk... Shiek I'm completely sure doesn't gain from rage, and Falco doesn't lose. Of all of Falco's problems, you're the first to bring this one up.

Pit's actually 2 points below Mario, for some reason. 96 weight to Mario's 98.
Always get that goofed up. :p

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm sorry, but helping the majority of the roster with balance and hurting only a few is clearly a net gain.
Who exactly does it help besides heavyweights? Literally no one would miss Rage of it were to suddenly disappear. Like I said, the heavies are mostly **** anyway.

Most of your examples are complete bunk...
No, they're just beyond your understanding. Or you have no response because you and I both know that I'm right.
Sheik I'm completely sure doesn't gain from rage
Rage is the reason why Sheik's "weakness" isn't really a weakness. She's supposed to have a hard time killing, but that goes out the window when you have a mechanic that makes you stronger over time.

and Falco doesn't lose. Of all of Falco's problems, you're the first to bring this one up.
So? That doesn't make it not true. Honestly, it sounds like you don't know anything about any of these characters.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Who exactly does it help besides heavyweights? Literally no one would miss Rage of it were to suddenly disappear. Like I said, the heavies are mostly **** anyway.

No, they're just beyond your understanding. Or you have no response because you and I both know that I'm right.

Rage is the reason why Sheik's "weakness" isn't really a weakness. She's supposed to have a hard time killing, but that goes out the window when you have a mechanic that makes you stronger over time.

So? That doesn't make it not true. Honestly, it sounds like you don't know anything about any of these characters.
Try telling a Shiek that rage helps the character. Why would a fragile speedster who is basically death of a thousand cuts given physical form gain anything from rage? You haven't explained how the heck that works... It's actually why her matchups against characters like Lucario and DK are so volatile. Take this idea to the viability rankings thread and see what happens if you're so confident.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Point proven.

I stopped reading at Dedede.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, more content seems completely logical; however, at the same time, I doubt that we will get much more than the stage. A balance patch, perhaps. But another stage or character? Probably in October, sadly. It would be weird to release a character right before the ballot ends, only to announce something related to the ballot a couple of weeks later. Right? Maybe that is just me.

As for the aforementioned balance patch. Auto cancel lasers. That is all.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I just want one thing but I know it's not gonna happen lol

If customs are turned off, I want a thing in palutena and megaman's boxes after you select them to configure any of their customs (and unlock megaman's customs a la samus' helmet when you buy her gunner costume).

Why those two and not everybody else? Because along with the miis I feel both these characters are meant to be customizable with the extra effort put into most of their custom moves rather than just altering the animation slightly. Also then it allows us to have a precedent to use miis more freely in tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom