• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

September 30 Patch Predictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
That's a fine change. Kirby does have a bit of a rough time killing later into stocks, and having a mixup to make people afraid of his approaches at high percents sounds like a good idea.

That's a fine nerf, although the range is more suspect.

I don't think you understand that BF killing isn't the actual issue with the move, it's the safety.

also, needles are actually still a problem and you totally ignored them lol

I'm not even going to question the changes (that doesn't exempt them from being a bit... strange). The real question is why the hell are you buffing Pac-Man?

Things Mid Level Players Need To Stop Saying/Doing #93: Implying Ness should be nerfed.

Good, but not on its own. It doesn't help the fact that Doc's mobility is awful and his combo game is much weaker than Mario's. I'd argue just this change alone and nothing else makes Doc more niche.

Or maybe people could learn to space? Or his hitboxes in general would be fixed, as opposed to the tippers so you can feel like "muh melee/brawl marth"??

Wow. That is NOT the problem that character has. At all.

Hitboxes, maybe? I mean his weight is fine but that being his only problem is basically a joke.

That's fine. No argument there.

They already...do though? That's not the problem. His real problem is neutral/mobility.
Doing this is entirely redundant and accomplishes nothing.

Wow that uh... really helps balance her. It's so impossibly general and vague it couldn't be wrong, right?

At the risk of sounding like a broken clock.. hitboxes??? Her laggy missiles? Her lack of ability to kill anyone?
Remember, I said these were some ideas of fixes, not the central ideas that will fix the character. (For RosaLuma, I meant lower it only until it isn't stupidly strong.)

WwwWario

Smash Ace
:4ganondorf:
-Decrease end lag on Up Throw
-Increase Grab Range
-Buff damage and knockback on Dark Dive grab like MAD

:rosalina:
-Reduce some knockback on Luma's attacks

:4sonic:
-Nerf him in one way or another. More endlag on certain attacks would be nice, since this guy is impossible to punish

:4sheik:
-Remove her from the game.

....just nerf her. I'm tired of seeing Sheik playes win or at least getting to finales 99% of all tournaments on Youtube.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
If there were a balance patch, what should they change? Here are some ideas I had:

:4kirby:
+ Make his up throw do more knockback.

- Slightly more endlag on F-air.
- Slightly less knockback on Bouncing Fish.

:4pacman:
+ Make Bonus Fruit charge slightly quicker.
+ Make smash attacks do slightly more knockback.

:4ness:
- Make B-throw do less knockback, especially vertically.

:4drmario:
+ Make Super Jump Punch go slightly farther (includes custom moves).

:4marth:
+ Make tipper cover slightly more area.

:4jigglypuff:
+ Increase knockback on Rest (not necessarily to Melee status, though that would be nice).

:4mewtwo:
+ Increase his weight.

:4littlemac:
+ Buff his Jolt Haymaker in terms of recovery to pre-1.0.4.

:4falco:
+ Make one of his aerials combo into itself.

- Decrease knockback on Luma's moves.

:4samus:
+ Revert N-air to its Melee form (if possible).
Are you insane? Bouncing fish has already been nerfed. It seems like you're trying to make her already weak kill moves even weaker.

Even tho I main Sheik, Im tired about those comments that say "Sheik needs nerf" Even tho they haven't fight good Sheiks and they main Yoshi or Mario that are also top tiers. If theres a nerf I ONLY HOPE they nerf Sheik 2 attacks and never buff her or nerf her, Those attacks are:
Needles: Less % and more time to charge it all
Vanish: Remove 2nd hitbox and windbox and less invincibility frames and slightly less knockback
Why would you decrease the damage of needles? They already don't do much damage.

Why are you decreasing the knockback of Vanish when she already has a hard time killing in the center of the stage?

Last edited:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Are you insane? Bouncing fish has already been nerfed. It seems like you're trying to make her already weak kill moves even weaker.

Why would you decrease the damage of needles? They already don't do much damage.

Why are you decreasing the knockback of Vanish when she already has a hard time killing in the center of the stage?
To give her a legitimate weakness, like the rest of the characters have. (though I'd rather nerf her frame data and give her more endlag on moves like fair than nerf her kill moves)

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
To give her a legitimate weakness, like the rest of the characters have. (though I'd rather nerf her frame data and give her more endlag on moves like fair than nerf her kill moves)
Really what needs to happen is her needles need frame data nerfs.

Also, lack of kill power wouldn't really give her a legitimate weakness since her frame data is so good. It'd just make matches drag on longer.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I don't expect too much, honestly.

- Super Mario Maker stage.
- Few bug fixes.
- Perhaps a few tweaks for Tournament Mode.
- Potential patching / balancing to some of the cast.

Not really going to expect much more than that. As for the Character Ballot hype train, I'm not getting on it, personally. That being said, I won't deny that it would of course be exciting to get more characters, and I do hope that the Smash Ballot actually means anything whatsoever to Sakurai, but something is telling me nay, because Sakurai.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
It would be cool if we got some kind of character announcement. With how sudden Ryu and Roy were, it wouldn't be totally out of question if they're working on something behind the scenes to release on the 30th, but I don't want to get my hopes up. What I am expecting though is some balance patches, the Mario Maker stage, maybe another stage, and general tweaks for improvement.

randomguy1235

Smash Apprentice
Please, for the love of all things holy, buff Dedede, Bowser, and Ganondorf (More so D3 and Ganon). I don't expect much in the way of balancing in this patch, but a new stage is nice I suppose.

Last edited:

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
A new mode with cutscenes would be nice or something like adventure mode :)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If there were a balance patch, what should they change? Here are some ideas I had:

+ Increase knockback on Rest (not necessarily to Melee status, though that would be nice).

+ Increase his weight.

Rest is strong enough as is. She needs more range, Falco's up air and neutral air can combo into themselves, and Luma's moves don't do all that much knockback. It's the ridiculous amounts of damage they can do together that makes the knockback so large.

I'm personally hoping for a balance patch, too. I just want Sheik nerfs and Jigglypuff buffs. Nothing more. Knowing Sakurai, though, Ike will get Sheik's frame data, Greninja will lose the ability to dash, and Zelda's up tilt will do one more percent.

Raijinken

Smash Master
If Sheik is to dodge the nerf stick, then many characters will need significant buffs.

Really, though, a nerf to Needles and either weakening Bouncing Fish or making it unsafe on shield would be fine. Maybe reduce her grab followup power and make fair actually fair (hah wordplay).

Removing freefall on Nosferatu, Din's Fire, PK Flash, Giant Punch, and whatnot would be nice (if not actually relevant) buffs.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Damn i see a whole bunch of zelda and samus fanboys. No love for the homie bowser jr?
Let's get this outta the way. Nerf these 3 braindead characters :rosalina::4zss::4sheik:. Make villager up b more slower to prevent camping. *coughs adhd*. Stop nerfing sonic and greninja.

Now for the buffs
:4bowserjr: - down Throw now sends up. You can now chain multiple uairs much easier.
Has a kill throw.
Either grab is less laggy or more range.
Less lag on cannonball
Bowser jr can move b4 mechakoopa
Bigger sweetspot on Fsmash
Down smash less laggy. I'd much rather have it weaker and less laggy.
:4drmario:. Up b now has the same range as mario.
A little bit more mobility.
And Sakurai please stop the FE buffs.

Last edited:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
A new mode with cutscenes would be nice or something like adventure mode :)
I would love this too, especially since the WiiU is actually in HD and with how colorful this game is, but that would be a lot for them to just squeeze in with DLC and they said that this game wouldn't be getting anything like Subspace. That's what we got all those other cinematics for.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Damn i see a whole bunch of zelda and samus fanboys. No love for the homie bowser jr?
Let's get this outta the way. Nerf these 3 braindead characters :rosalina::4zss::4sheik:. Make villager up b more slower to prevent camping. *coughs adhd*. Stop nerfing sonic and greninja.

Now for the buffs
:4bowserjr: - down Throw now sends up. You can now chain multiple uairs much easier.
Has a kill throw.
Less lag on cannonball
Rosaluma's not braindead. Broken as all get out, maybe, but not braindead.

I'm not a Samus or Zelda fanboy. I play neither character. I just recognize that both need massive buffs, and that Samus's current state is an insult to her as Nintendo's badace intergalactic bounty hunter.

Last edited:

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Rosaluma's not braindead. Broken as all get out, maybe, but not braindead.

I'm not a Samus or Zelda fanboy. I play neither character. I just recognize that both need massive buffs, and that Samus's current state is an insult to her as Nintendo's badace intergalactic bounty hunter.
Lol i was just joking about the fanboys. Zeldas up b is crazy strong. Compared to other low tier characters, they're not bad at all. These characters still need buffs tho. Have you seen luma killing bowser full rage while he absolutely had no damage video? Why does an a.i. have rage tho seriously?

NeoRed

Smash Cadet
i want Diddy to have a slight buff. Mario to get buffed.

And ZSS and Sheik to be nerfed. Also buff charizard and other mid/low tier characters

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
This thread seems to be turning into more of what people want in the next patch, instead of what they predict will happen...

Anyways, I predict there will be some kind of change to Samus's hitboxes. It has gone on for too long.

ralph458

Smash Cadet
NNID
larosawiiu
Revert Kirby to his Melee levels of power. Watch the collective freakout. Then have an October 2nd patch revert him to normal.
NO! Save that for April 1st. In fact, make all the higher tiers better and all the low tiers worse (From halfway mark of the tier list is where it divides). Then on April 3rd bring it back to normal or make logical patches e.g buff :4drmario:, nerf:4sheik:.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Now for the buffs
Has a kill throw.
Less lag on cannonball
Rosalina's not braindead. Far from it.
i want Diddy to have a slight buff. Mario to get buffed.

And ZSS and Sheik to be nerfed. Also buff charizard and other mid/low tier characters
You want two high tier characters buffed? So you'd take the Brawl- approach.

Last edited:

SmashfanXD

Smash Cadet
I hope they buff Marth and Falco. I also hope they make an offline tourney mode that is similar to Melee and Brawl's.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I'll be praying for frame data buffs for Shulk (an autocancel window thats reasonable please).

I hope they'll adjust luma. Either make it stay dead longer or lower its bkb.
120 bkb on utilt? 110 for u-air? What were they thinking?
Warlock punch has a bkb of 120 for comparison.

Oh, and an updated replay system like in mario kart please.

Aquatics

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aquapk

+ Increase his weight.

needles should do less hitstun

Aquatics

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aquapk
But if theres any nerfs or buffs it wont be anything game changing. The meta is going to stay the same

D

Deleted member

If we're being realistic, most likely just the Mario Maker stage and a balance patch. Sakurai loves to surprise us so I wouldn't be surprised if he has more to show up his sleeve on the 30th, a new stage or possibly a new character would definitely be feasible.

And for my pipe dreams, an offline tourney mode and Dedede getting the buffs he deserves after being nerfed in the game's first patch then being ignored.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
we need :4shulk: and :4falco: buffs.
Make shulks fair and bair have less landing lag.
For Falco, make a proper combo throw, and make his uair have more knock back

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
we need :4shulk: and :4falco: buffs.
Make shulks fair and bair have less landing lag.
For Falco, make a proper combo throw, and make his uair have more knock back
His up-air doesn't need to have more knockback like before, you simply want Falco's up-air to be exactly like it was earlier when the game 1st came out and that would count as a nerf because it would take away his great combo game that he just got now in the recent patch, plus it has more knockback depending on which part of the move lands.

I will agree with Falco having a proper combo throw (so far is his down throw in the only 1 that seems to lead into combos for the time being), and Shulk needs to be buffed badly (his air game needs to have a bit more speed to make it truly deadly and a lot less landing lag, his ground game can stay the same.)

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Predictions:

1. :rosalina:will be nerfed to the point of being a well below average tier... I have been training her... so that is near irrefutable evidence something bad will happen... (I am only half joking here.. but this kind of thing has a nack for happening to me.)

2. :4falcon:: More random nerfs... This character is IMO one of the best balanced in the game. Got things that drive opponents nuts, but has some glaring weaknesses that can be exploited... but that hasn't stopped him from getting his uair kill nerfed then his bair. It seems that so far, the people who hate playing against him have been listened to.

3. A new charecter... I don't know who, but I suspect it is about that time for them to want some more money from us.

4. New Mii Costumes: easy way for them to make money off the 10 people who will download them. (If you like mii fightesr and customization nothing wrong with that. But it seems to be rather unpopular overall.)

5. Probably some attempt to buff some lower tier characters... :4samus: may get some help.

6. Another stage... typically the big patches come with them. I am crossing my fingers in hopes of pirate ship.

7. And finally lot's and lot's of people frustrated about the stupid policy of not releasing patch notes.

Last edited:

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
We can deconfirm all melee stages except Fourside, mushroom kingdom 1 and 2 since those songs don't appear. Some have been speculating if it's a bundle stage with a character (wolf with sector Z) but the thing is that there's already Corneria on the 3ds which are similar. Maybe the wii u owners will get sector Z and the 3ds will get lylat cruise or something. Hopefully they don't do a lazy job like they did with dreamland and peach castle.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
We can deconfirm all melee stages except Fourside, mushroom kingdom 1 and 2 since those songs don't appear. Some have been speculating if it's a bundle stage with a character (wolf with sector Z) but the thing is that there's already Corneria on the 3ds which are similar. Maybe the wii u owners will get sector Z and the 3ds will get lylat cruise or something. Hopefully they don't do a lazy job like they did with dreamland and peach castle.
Unless Wolf somehow won the ballot he's not getting a stage with him. None of the other veterans got stages.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I predict.... a new stage.

hmmm Maybe. A MARIO MAKER STAGE. whaaaat

the game just came out and has good buzz, so i can see it happening.

:troll:

im not sorry...

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv

His up-air doesn't need to have more knockback like before, you simply want Falco's up-air to be exactly like it was earlier when the game 1st came out and that would count as a nerf because it would take away his great combo game that he just got now in the recent patch, plus it has more knockback depending on which part of the move lands.

I will agree with Falco having a proper combo throw (so far is his down throw in the only 1 that seems to lead into combos for the time being), and Shulk needs to be buffed badly (his air game needs to have a bit more speed to make it truly deadly and a lot less landing lag, his ground game can stay the same.)
yeah, I admit I want melee Falco back a bit, but I don't play Falco much at all, even though I have been working hard with him. his down throw is good as is, but the opponent can easily escape that. I hate seeing Shulk in C+ tier, he is much more than that. He can move up if his air game is buffed :cool::)

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Is there anything stopping them from adding the songs into the game?

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Is there anything stopping them from adding the songs into the game?
well if the main song for a stage from a past game is elsewhere, (Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Poke Floats) that basically means the stage isn't coming back, most likely.

But on that logic, I'm noticing some songs from Melee and Brawl gone (Multi-Man Melee 1, Melee Battlefield, Brawl's Melee Opening Remix, Melee Target Test) that might be included in a new Special Stage, like Meta Crystal N64 :D

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
yeah, I admit I want melee Falco back a bit, but I don't play Falco much at all, even though I have been working hard with him. his down throw is good as is, but the opponent can easily escape that. I hate seeing Shulk in C+ tier, he is much more than that. He can move up if his air game is buffed :cool::)
Why does everyone want Melee Falco back so badly can't they just let it go? He was a direct clone of Fox in that game (with very few differences) and got the decloning he needed and now everyone wants Melee back in every Smash game it's getting quite annoying, we don't need any more direct clones as I said before Falco's fine as he is and hopefully they buff him up slightly more (along with Fox and Shulk and to an extent Lucario (I want his F-air to deal less knockback at lower % so he can actually combo).

I'm just hoping they reveal Wolf soon, because he would be tremendously buffed from how he played in Brawl and would also benefit the same stuff that Fox and Falco got in this game.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I hope we're done with retro stages. Well, I wouldn't mind Meta Crystal since there's no legit way to play it outside of SSB64 classic, but other then that I want new stages.

We can rule out a lot of stages due to music... New Pork wouldn't work on SSB3D and we're definitely getting everything on both games here on out. Great Bay is similar because only SSBU has swimming, as is Pirate Ship.

Honestly, it seems like the other stage is either going to be relevant to a game that's recently came out or maybe another Mushroom Kingdom stage because it's SMB's 30th anniversary.

I'm just hoping they reveal Wolf soon, because he would be tremendously buffed from how he played in Brawl and would also benefit the same stuff that Fox and Falco got in this game.
People were saying the same things about Lucas and he got nerfed hard coming into SSB4. Sure he got some big buffs but he's still lacking much of what made him worth using in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom