• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sephiroth Mafia: OVER - TOWN WINS!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Rather not. Especially since kev and Swishy will both be full claiming according to their pact tomorrow anyways.
Oh they will, won't they? Wonderful.

So I've got to reread Acro and Nabe, look over kuz again, and see if Joey will reveal anything. brb after dinner

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Inactive slots are too hard to garner connections from. It's too easy to be for/against the lynch with generic reasoning and you can't read anyone off of that. If we can't vig him, we're taking a shot in the dark with our lynch and gaining nothing from it if he happens to be town. Do not want to even go that route.
you'd rather inactivebw hangs around till lategame and is hard/impossible to read?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ok, we can assume then that "the hammerer" was a separate vote of joeys but it needed someone elses vote to go on before hand to activate it, seeing as it didn't take effect till bw did it.
Look at Joey's flip. He was literally the ninja hammerer. His ability (not his real vote, but some super hammer vote) is pretty obviously to ninja hammer lynches.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Oh they will, won't they? Wonderful.

So I've got to reread Acro and Nabe, look over kuz again, and see if Joey will reveal anything. brb after dinner
Joey's one big post would be where I concentrate your efforts imo. Had the most of his content.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Look at Joey's flip. He was literally the ninja hammerer. His ability (not his real vote, but some super hammer vote) is pretty obviously to ninja hammer lynches.
but why didn't it happen till after bw voted? You saying that it just coincidently happened that way? I mean I can see a scum hidden doublevote to counterbalance my passive +1 to lynch but still.

Kantrip

Kantplay
you'd rather inactivebw hangs around till lategame and is hard/impossible to read?
The thing is I don't find Badwolf hard/impossible to read and if he does end up showing up this won't be as hard. I don't want to squeeze a claim out of him in case he is actually a PR, waste the Day outing a PR and then have nowhere to go because we went the inactive route. I've seen that option to bad things. Lynching the cop in Awkward Moments is a memorable one.

Kantrip

Kantplay
but why didn't it happen till after bw voted? You saying that it just coincidently happened that way? I mean I can see a scum hidden doublevote to counterbalance my passive +1 to lynch but still.
I don't know the timing of that but I'm pretty sure you're overthinking this. The Hammerer didn't hammer you, Joey's role was called The Hammerer, and Joey died. Occam's razor.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
The thing is I don't find Badwolf hard/impossible to read and if he does end up showing up this won't be as hard. I don't want to squeeze a claim out of him in case he is actually a PR, waste the Day outing a PR and then have nowhere to go because we went the inactive route. I've seen that option to bad things. Lynching the cop in Awkward Moments is a memorable one.
I don't know the timing of that but I'm pretty sure you're overthinking this. The Hammerer didn't hammer you, Joey's role was called The Hammerer, and Joey died. Occam's razor.
Alright.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
so tomorrow he continues to do nothing and then claims town roleblocker. you want to lynch him then?

If we don't lynch one of kuz-orbo/Swishy toDay, we might as well cut some dead weight and that's BW. As I recall he had one post of note, and zero reads. Rajam at least has connections to other slots.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why does the lynch have to be between Orbo and Swishy? Aren't you townreading Swishy? Why make that distinction?

Swishy

Watch me go against everything you believe.
Starships were meant to flyyyy-y-y
Hands up and touch the skyyy-y-y

Vote: BadWolf

Orboknown

Smash Hero
sooo... I need to die swishy, but your dumping onto bw at first sign otherwise? I thought you didn't give a **** about my claim?

Swishy

I don't, but I'm also interested in BadWolf and sounds of a wagon have me joining a new cause. I have no qualms continuing to sit here and telling everyone you need to be hardbodied, but I find this avenue more productive since your slot refuses to just ****ing die as a result of other players' reservations regarding your lynch.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
because you're missing the point.

badwolf deserves death. an orbo/swishy lynch is useful, it gives a lot of information even on a townflip.

you pick between one of those two extremes, in the absence of any real argument for a lynch.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
kuz's claim doesn't mean **** and he's still the best play.

That said, the weekend's about to hit and I'm done wasting my time telling sissies to pull the trigger. If for some awful, terrible, horrendous reason that slot is permitted to live then I want BadWolf/J. Swiss has the account for the rest of the dayphase cuz I'm caring less and less about this ****. Day should've been over like 5 days ago.
Scum has a PR that ends town in Lylo?

Fos Swishy

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Badwolf should be vigged.
@Orbo: You're fine with going Nabe? How about KevinM?
Vig would have shot him N1 if there was one.

We kill him because at best he is null, at worst he is a scum lean. He's intentional lurking and was before the fired johns and he admits it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Inactive slots are too hard to garner connections from. It's too easy to be for/against the lynch with generic reasoning and you can't read anyone off of that. If we can't vig him, we're taking a shot in the dark with our lynch and gaining nothing from it if he happens to be town. Do not want to even go that route.
If he's town we offed a slot that would be worthless in Lylo due to him doing nothing.
Win-Win to lynch him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't, but I'm also interested in BadWolf and sounds of a wagon have me joining a new cause. I have no qualms continuing to sit here and telling everyone you need to be hardbodied, but I find this avenue more productive since your slot refuses to just ****ing die as a result of other players' reservations regarding your lynch.
Yet you still consider done claims to be reliable enough that they have to be town or are 90% more likely to be town.

Yet you don't do it here when a beloved scum is so etching I've never seen before and have no really way or reason for a mod to slip that in.

It's like unlynchable scum, I've seen it once and the mod got a lot of flak for that in his game calling it busted.

Swishy

I really don't give a **** Ruy, Kantplay claimed unlynchable on The Wall and I was still down to lynch his ass. I also don't know what you're saying with, "Yet you still consider claims to be town blah blah blah". Just looks like you put words in my mouth to justify an fos.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm aware you ignore claims, but that reaches a new level I haven't seen with you. To a degree you still consider claims when it's mason or something.

Testing unlynchable is fine, there is a reason to still do that since at worst you no lynch and prove a slot is scum. Here there is a clear con to a role that is very very unlikely aligned with mafia.

Swishy

A "new level"? To be fair, you're talking to a guy who wanted to lynch a claimed cop and lynched an unlynchable based on play not to test anything. Masons and Vigs are the only ones I care about.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I really don't give a **** Ruy, Kantplay claimed unlynchable on The Wall and I was still down to lynch his ***. I also don't know what you're saying with, "Yet you still consider claims to be town blah blah blah". Just looks like you put words in my mouth to justify an fos.
You're right, but then I was town. Perhaps reconsideration is sometimes a good thing.

Kantrip

Kantplay
answer the question dammit. badwolf does nothing then claims town roleblocker, you want to lynch him then?
That's so strangely specific. Like, I dunno? Can we prove his targets? Were they protown? Can he talk it out? I don't see what you're asking this for.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
That's so strangely specific. Like, I dunno? Can we prove his targets? Were they protown? Can he talk it out? I don't see what you're asking this for.
because your stance seems to be that BW as a slot will somehow magically resolve itself given time.

I'm asking you what you would do if he claims a middle of the road PR because I have a strange suspicion that BW is going to continue to do **** all, and I can't tell whether you're against his lynch or not. Maybe he does have a claim that will clear everything up but I don't want to bank on that.

Kantrip

Kantplay
because your stance seems to be that BW as a slot will somehow magically resolve itself given time.

I'm asking you what you would do if he claims a middle of the road PR because I have a strange suspicion that BW is going to continue to do **** all, and I can't tell whether you're against his lynch or not. Maybe he does have a claim that will clear everything up but I don't want to bank on that.
To be clear, I am not against his lynch. I just think rereading for an actual scumread is more worthwhile than a policy lynch. If it comes down to it, he is the best backup though.

Rajam

Smash Champion
-Masquerain- analysis
~ Part II: Connections ~
Mafia Ninja Hammerer

BadWolf28738

Cheerilee > Acrostic
  • #54: Cheerilee not knowing who was Joey (or Jeoy).
  • #63: Cheerilee "<3'ing" Joey's #61.
  • #211: Joey not liking my #192, questioning some of Kuz motives on Degausser, "weird" read on Kary, asking for clarification from Cheerilee due to his vote on Kary, says Degausser is "eh", not ok with Potassium's push on Kuz and asking where did Swishy say Kary was town; votes me, and says Cheerilee would be next if not me.
  • #228: Joey answers to dabuz, insisting my #192 was terrible and explains why he didn't vote the other two.
  • #229: Cheerilee's response to Joey's #211.
  • #397: Acrostic worried about Joey, dabuz and me being lurkers.

dabuz
  • #222: dabuz confuses at who was Kuz addressing his #217 (it was at Potassium, not Joey), and asks Joey why he voted me at the end instead of players like Cheerilee and Potassium.
  • #228: Joey answers to dabuz, insisting my #192 was terrible and explains why he didn't vote the other two.
Degausser
  • #76: Degausser quoting Cheerilee calling Joey as Jeoy in #54, regarding Degausser suspecting Cheerilee being an alt.
  • #195: Degausser implying Joey is vig bait.
  • #202: Degausser seeing Joey on thread and guessing he'll leave without saying anything. Joey liked this post.
  • #211: Joey not liking my #192, questioning some of Kuz motives on Degausser, "weird" read on Kary, asking for clarification from Cheerilee due to his vote on Kary, says Degausser is "eh", not ok with Potassium's push on Kuz and asking where did Swishy say Kary was town; votes me, and says Cheerilee would be next if not me.
  • #212: Joey joins KevinM's #208 and also questions Degausser.
  • #214: Joey not agreeing with Degausser's observation on Kary in #213.
  • #215: Degausser's response to #214.
  • #241: Degausser supports Joey's logic on me in his #211.
  • #328: Degausser got town vibes from Joey's #211.
  • #413: Joey extends his V/LA, asks Kary for his read on Degausser, doesn't like Swishy framing Kuz for scummreading the people voting him when Joey thinks it happened the other way around.
  • #418: Joey asks for more clarification from Kary regarding his town-read on Degausser.
  • #456: Joey tells Swishy to step up his game, refuses to believe Kary and Potassium can't be plays, says he needs to reread some, ask KevinM for clarification on Kary and why his vote is on Degausser rather than Kary.
  • #590: Degausser with a town-lean read on Joey.
Kary
  • #39: Kary answering a question saying he expects to get reads on Joey, RR, BadWolf.
  • #59: Kary answering Cheerilee's #54 regarding Joey (among others).
  • #231: Kary puts Joey in the "low suspicion level" category.
  • #413: Joey extends his V/LA, asks Kary for his read on Degausser, doesn't like Swishy framing Kuz for scummreading the people voting him when Joey thinks it happened the other way around.
  • #417: Kary says to Joey he reads Degausser more as town.
  • #418: Joey asks for more clarification from Kary regarding his town-read on Degausser.
  • #421: Kary explains to Joey his town read on Degausser.
  • #456: Joey tells Swishy to step up his game, refuses to believe Kary and Potassium can't be plays, says he needs to reread some, ask KevinM for clarification on Kary and why his vote is on Degausser rather than Kary.
  • #502: Kary has a town lean on Swishy; says Swishy being a **** to Joey doesn't make him any favour though.
KevinM
  • #208: Joey liked this post of KevinM.
  • #359: KevinM demanding more content from Joey and BadWolf.
-Masquerain- posts
  • #61: Joey's 1st post, confirming.
  • #77: Joey wondering about "Jeoy".
  • #94: Joey excusing himself in advance for his absence.
  • #220: Joey sees Potassium's response and halts the discussion regarding the point it seems.
  • #263: Joey declaring V/LA.
  • #432: Joey answers Swishy, defending his posture on #413.
  • #449: Joey gives some johns and says my wagon is pointless.
Nabe
  • #514: Nabe agrees on Joey being legit.
Potassium
  • #218: Potassium adressess Joey's #211.
  • #220: Joey sees Potassium's response and halts the discussion regarding the point it seems.
  • #224: Potassium notes dabuz' confusion.
  • #478: Potassium decides to ignore Joey because of his random defending.
  • #490: Potassium says to Kuz that Joey is just stating his problems with other people's reads instead of scumhuning.
Rajam
  • #449: Joey gives some johns and says my wagon is pointless.
Red Ryu

Swishy
  • #14: Swishy's question to Joey.
  • #427: Swishy yellin' at Joey's #413, calling him bad.
  • #428: Doesn't trust Joey joining the relevant wagons.
  • #432: Joey answers Swishy, defending his posture on #413.
  • #448: Swishy doesn't recognize Joey as one of his "followers", says Joey is wrong and that he ignored that Kary and Potassium aren't plays.
  • #461: Swishy explains to Joey his discomfort with Kuz and sorta sees an irony in Joey criticizing Potassium's case on Kuz but not the other way around.
th3kuzinator
  • #23: Joey liked this post of Kuz.
  • #114: Kuz mentioning Joey as a possible third scummate of Degausser and Kary.
  • #300: Joey liked this post of Kuz.
  • #415: Kuz "ding ding dings" Joey's #413. I'm guessing it means Kuz thinks Joey is right there?
  • #438: Kuz again says Joey got it right.
  • #441: Kuz ordering RR and Joey to join his wagon on Kary.
  • #446: Kuz asks Swishy since when were Joey, RR, Acro, KevinM his supporters.
  • #447: Kuz not ok with Swishy dismissing Joey's #413.
  • #459: Kuz loves Joey's #456.
  • #464: Kuz criticizing Swishy's reprimendal on Joey when he thinks Joey is on spot.
  • #484: Kuz asking Potassium if actually believes what he said in his #478 regarding Joey.
  • #553: Kuz says Joey will join Degausser's wagon.
  • #624: Kuz calls Nabe, RR and Joey town.
-Masquerain- analysis
~ Part III: My reads based on connections ~
Mafia Ninja Hammerer

BadWolf28738
  • Null.
Cheerilee > Acrostic
  • In #397 Acro throws Joey's name mixed between other two (me and dabuz; I know I'm town and dabuz is confirmed) as lurkers but doesn't do anything regarding this. Note how in #211 Joey has Acrostic as 2nd scum pick but after #228 and #229 basically Masquerain drops this and never mentions Cheerilee/Acro again. Could be an early attempt to either distance and/or "leave a register of pursuing". Scum lean.
Kary
  • Joey's #211 is sorta wishy-washy regarding Kary, but at the end I think is mostly a defense (more clear in #214). I don't think scum-Joey would jump to defend a scum-partner that early and from weak accusations. In #413, Joey mentions he doesn't remember well if Kary had a scumread on Degausser or not. I think scum wouldn't forget at whom their scum partners are pursuing. In #418, Joey goes further regarding Kary's read on Degausser; I think Joey wouldn't bother in asking more stuff if Kary were his scumpartner. Town.
KevinM
  • Both in #208 and #212 Joey joins KevinM's pressure on Degausser regarding his #194, but in a "behind the curtain" manner, not risking his own throat. This "support" reeks to endorsing responsibility to KevinM in case of flip (which happened). Also, assuming Kary town, Joey's #456 asking for explanations from KevM doesn't make sense if KevM were scum. Town.
Nabe
  • Null.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
this Day isn't long enough. what's badbad at? L-2?

i'm actually not very comfortable about kuz-orbo and swishy agreeing on a lynch.

and while I honestly have no desire to keep badwolf around, i was trying to hype up the case for his lynch to see how he would react. I think he's replacing out, though.

wouldn't hurt for the slot to claim when they get here though.

hmmm

Swishy

Request votecount

J, Nabe, I miss y'all.

J, you mentioned having a gutscum feel for Nabe. Do you have any thoughts about him coming alive at the peak of the kuz/Orbo wagon? I'm talking about the whiteknighting and Potato hating.

Swishy

wouldn't hurt for the slot to claim when they get here though.
**** no.

Is it cool to just expose power roles and be like, "HEY SCUM HERES ALL OF OUR ROLES PLEASE ADJUST ACCORDINGLY" these days? Damn I need to host a game to punish this mindset.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't know man, aren't you the one who wants both you and KevM to claim tomorrow?

I have never had a problem with claims from slots that are going to die, or that need to die.

If badbad claims a valuable PR then scum can shoot him, that's a slot I want rid of dead. If he claims something worthless then we're hardly outing our power roles.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sephiroth Mafia Day 2

Deadline will end at Midnight MT on 8/12/2013

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch!

[0] Swishy:
[1] Orboknown: KevinM,
[0] KevinM:
[0] Kary:
[0] Nabe:
[4] BadWolf28738: Red Ryu, Swishy, Orboknown, Rajam,
[1] Potassium: Nabe,
[0] Red Ryu:
[0] Rajam:
[0] J:

[4] Not voting: Kary, BadWolf28738, Potassium, J,

[collapse=Vote Log Day 2]Swishy: Votes Orboknown > Votes Badwolf28738
Potassium: Votes Orboknown > Unvotes
Kary: Votes Orboknown > Unvotes
Red Ryu: Orboknown > Unvotes > Votes Potassium > Unvotes > Votes Orboknown > Votes Potassium > Votes Badwolf28738
Nabe: Votes Potassium > Unvotes > Votes Potassium
KevinM: Votes Orboknown
Orboknown: Votes Orboknown > Unvotes > Votes Badwolf28738
Rajam: Votes Badwolf28738[/collapse]

Top Bottom