• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sephiroth Mafia: OVER - TOWN WINS!

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
But I ****ed up at parts in the game ;_;
There is something poetic about you having a fos on Kantrip throughout the course of the game. However, the day of his JoaT claim you personally reconsidered his slot enough during the night that you flipped your stance on him 180 and decided to save him.

Kantrip the previous day made an extremely egocentric comment that your refusal to sheep his vote would represent an inability for you to progress your game. You rebutted that there is a discrepancy between the reasons and the results, emphasizing that reasons should have more weight than results. I have a different position. I don't think that this game is about the 'right' reasons or the 'right' results. You aren't my MVP because you saved Kantrip who was the mafia kill resulting in a quick turn around.

It's because I am forced to believe that via your night action, you adjusted a scum read you had on Kantrip after reconsidering his claim and then his behavior at a very critical point in the game. In your own setup speculation you had factored in the SK + two mafia with a kingmaker scenario being played out in 5-way. Using your own stated model, you were under the stipulation that your save was a vital part of making or breaking the game for town. The fact that you saved someone who you were pursuing as mafia shows to me that you took a huge risk and adapted your reads accordingly.

An MVP performance shouldn't be a 'perfect' performance. This setup featured several points that highlighted your indecisiveness and forfeiture of lynch choice on other players out of mob rule (D2). However, it also played to choices that you heavily believed in and forced you to get out of your comfort zone in order to state (D1). Your play, however made it clear to other slots that you were town and you weren't a ready fos on anyone else's list. You were viewed largely as being town by town and you effectively used your role when it came time to clutch. You 'outplayed' the mafia on two fronts and although you may have been mistaken and wrong, there appears to be a sincere attempt on your own end to put yourself out of your own comfort zone at times in order to win the game.

I don't believe that you're ever going to believe that you deserve an MVP award because your own post-game metric conflicts with your own philosophy in the game. Bias in this game is towards day play, 'use your voice,' ect. Your day play philosophy though is to build up wagons when it comes to crunch time and to materialize a hammer if needed. Team-oriented play is an important aspect of mafia, but it won't highlight you as an individual, especially when your belief in team-play override your own opinion on a slot resulting in you losing a potential asset and making the game more dominated by question marks. When it comes to deciding an MVP people are disposed to looking for a stand-out performance that got results and ran counter to expectations, not the obligatory hammer collector.

Night actions are a better highlight of underlying thought process for me than your day play. The Nabe save on two subsequent nights and the switch to Kantrip makes me more confident in my assumption that there was a true attempt at reconsideration on the night of the save. If you don't think that were a most valuable player in this game, then who else do you think was the most important player who won for their own alignment?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Other than the no VT's and scum safe claims which I get already, what did you guys think about the set up? I thought it had some cool ideas and a few of them didn't get to see the light of day because of how the game went. Like how the town would handle the Hammerer role. You guys got pri close to accidentally lynching the town hero because of it too. I would have liked if the vote blocker could have been used as an investigative role for finding the Hammerer. I kinda gave Town a couple of checks and balances for both the Indy and the scum team with both a tracker who couldn't track scum but could find the indy, and a bomb that would eventually kill the hammerer/ninja since he's doing the killing on both ends.

Top Bottom