• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sephiroth Mafia: OVER - TOWN WINS!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I cannot believe the inane bull**** I am reading in this case, delivered in a facetious tone as if, by grace of the Potato God it's been delivered to my earthbound ordinary ass on a platter, wrapped in a bow, to answer all my pedestrian concerns about (and hey I'd better make this bigger)
HBC voting labelled as if it's not.

Why is Kuz scum? Marshy, what the **** are you doing? Ryu, what the **** are you doing?

Swishy

Watch me go against everything you believe.
And this is why we don't make cases, Potato. You just give people more ammo to use against you. Now the dayphase will devolve into ****ty arguments as opposed to just lynching kuz which is long overdue. ****'s sake.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
it is almost as though I am not seriously suggesting you're scum.

since we're having this conversation though;

you're scumreading kuz and I. We're clearly not aligned. 2/3 of your townreads think I am town. Explain?

I never said I was scumreading kuzi and you. Listen. I said that I wasn't liking your slots at the current time but I guess I can give you that one for thinking it's a scum-read. I broke it down in my post but if Kuzi were to flip town, I would go after you. Especially moreso after the DG+Kuzi-town flip. Also the reason why Kantrip most likely doesn't like my catch-up post is because I show a diffence of opinion on his "god-like" Kuzi case that is unfaultable as he continues to preach on about it. I just don't feel Kuzi is scum purely based on the information presented. The reason I dislike Kuzi is moreso the fact that Kuzi was wrong, like not even close to correct and ignored town-tells on things which is shocking for him. It reminds me of a game where he lynched July for the same reasons but was still town in the end.

2/3's of my townreads may think you are town but I honestly don't really care about those sorts of things. My reads are my reads and their reads are theirs.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
And this is why we don't make cases, Potato. You just give people more ammo to use against you. Now the dayphase will devolve into ****ty arguments as opposed to just lynching kuz which is long overdue. ****'s sake.

But his case is so bad that Nabe just destroyed it a matter of bullets.

Swishy

Watch me go against everything you believe.
You agree with every single point or did you just skim a big post and slurp it up? You yourself have Potato as one of your strongest townreads, so while his case may not be the most spectacular in your eyes, you know it is at least genuine.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
True, hence why I'm not voting Potato nor voting Kuzi. I can still say his case is bad and have a town-read on the slot.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
well.

since this seems to be a point of contention, and since I have nothing better to do with my life, here's a little bit about why I think kuz is scummy.

kuz;
pulls his reads out of a hat at the start of D1
pulls a complete 360 on DGSR during D1
takes pot-shots at Swishy rather than voting/pushing them
calls joey town and is defended by joey
abandons his reads at D2 start and goes AWOL

and it is the combination of these, and other smaller things, that lead me to vote for him.

now what I would really like to see from kuz is:
some reads, particularly scum reads
some explanation for his D1 play, particularly pushing his RVS reads and lynching DGSR
some kind of substantial post that shows his thought process and reasoning

and until I see some percentage of this, I expect my vote will stay on kuz.

If you want to try and persuade me otherwise, work away. I am right here trying to crush this stubborn game in my psychic grip.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't like Kuz not being here, reasons or not since he was posting on his phone to make remarks to others.

Hmm.

Badwolf and Kary still meh.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I never said I was scumreading kuzi and you. Listen. I said that I wasn't liking your slots at the current time but I guess I can give you that one for thinking it's a scum-read. I broke it down in my post but if Kuzi were to flip town, I would go after you. Especially moreso after the DG+Kuzi-town flip. Also the reason why Kantrip most likely doesn't like my catch-up post is because I show a diffence of opinion on his "god-like" Kuzi case that is unfaultable as he continues to preach on about it. I just don't feel Kuzi is scum purely based on the information presented. The reason I dislike Kuzi is moreso the fact that Kuzi was wrong, like not even close to correct and ignored town-tells on things which is shocking for him. It reminds me of a game where he lynched July for the same reasons but was still town in the end.

2/3's of my townreads may think you are town but I honestly don't really care about those sorts of things. My reads are my reads and their reads are theirs.
hold up

on the basis of everything that kuz posted, you don't think that he's scum?

you only think he's scum because he was wrong about dgsr?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
hold up

on the basis of everything that kuz posted, you don't think that he's scum?

you only think he's scum because he was wrong about dgsr?

I mean to put it bluntly you almost hit the nail on the head. Kuzi being brash/forward/making comments toward other players. Also one of your points, "Called Joey town and Joey called him town, therefore more likely to be scum-buddies." is pretty terrible because that's not a true point.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Also one of your points, "Called Joey town and Joey called him town, therefore more likely to be scum-buddies." is pretty terrible because that's not a true point.
kuz calling joey town is one point
joey defending kuz is another point
joey-kuz have a noticeable connection.

I could argue that it's scummy in a couple of ways, but I thought of a townie explanation as well.

my argument isn't as strong as its weakest link, though

Kary scum flips are something to rethink, you don't necessarily stick to your old reads with that info out.
but whether you decide to keep them or not it would help to tell people what you're thinking.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
more importantly:

I mean to put it bluntly you almost hit the nail on the head. Kuzi being brash/forward/making comments toward other players.
kuzi being brash/forward/what?

you think kuz's play is pretty townie from him?

because him pulling bull**** out of nowhere at the start of the Day 1 smells a bit more like, uh, bull**** to me than townie.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Shhh baby, just look at my avatar and all is well. Also keep your opinion to yourself, if it doesn't match the consensus or gives another side you'll be next.

Saying a joke post about the word futon doesn't really count though.

What about it didn't you like? And more importantly, what about Acro did you dislike? You hadn't pointed anything out about his posts before this.
I made a post to the point of "I'm not sure if it's his persona or the alt account or what it is, but something is off about Acrostic." It was really only gut, but I don't understand where Nabe's assertion that he was really townie comes from. What I dislike about your catchup is all the retrospect correct reads you through in there. "I had Joey and dabuz as null so I'm fine with them dying, and I honestly had dabuz lean town and Joey lean scum so yay me I was right ^.^" Stuff like that just bugs me as your post is full of it and it doesn't read as legit to me.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That wasn't even a case. That was me quoting **** from yesterDay.

What the **** at Ruy unvoting, how easily impressionable and bat**** stupid and bad at this game.

Jesus **** you guys, reread yesterDay and stop being ********. Are you ****ing kidding me?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'll say it again. THAT. WASN'T. A. CASE.

I was just quoting all my stuff against kuz yesterDay to prove that there was things against him yesterDay. J himself, IN HIS CATCHUP POST, said that I had stuff against kuz yesterDay. I can quote it if you are all too ****ing dense to read. So why does J have a problem with the very stuff he agreed with in his catchup post?

What.

The.

Kantrip

Kantplay
J said: "For now, I am seeing myself side with him in this argument except he could probably tone down the jumping up and down. To those who said he did not have a case, that's just incorrect because he did in fact state it profusely and if Kuzi is saying there is no case on him, it isn't doing him any favours"

So he was siding with me in my argument and says I did in fact state profusely my problems with kuz. Now he has a problem with it? I didn't bring anything new to the table.

Nabe, talk to me about Swishy and kuz. Your play is disgusting and opportunistic this game and you're not getting your hands dirty where it counts.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I hate having correct reads but people being too dumb to follow them. The Degauss lynch was stupid and people honestly considering not lynching kuz is stupid.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kuz's reads that he spouted out of his *** in RVS: Degauss Kary and Potassium scum, Swishy Serial Killer, Nabe obvtown.

People asked for clarification on Nabe and got nothing. Kuz's votes all Day bounced between his "scumteam that he had pinned in RVS" until he pushed a mislynch on the one that was easiest. Everyone agreed to go after kuz on a townflip and now they're letting him slide as he lurks even though he promised me he would give me his next scumpicks. He tried to get me to tell him who I was looking at besides him to see if he could redirect my attention, but I refused him. He is now nowhere to be found as his probable scummate Nabe (either that or just immensely dense Nabe) chainsaw defends him by attacking me since I'm an easy player to attack and causes really stupid players like Red Ruy to actually reconsider the lynch.

It's uncanny how bad DGames players really are, and you call me Kantplay.

Kantrip

Kantplay
For the record, kuz's early scumreads were all "easy mislynches" and his serial killer read was to detract reputation from his most feared power slot that could be dangerous to him. His targets are so ****ing obvious and he has already led a mislynch. What, do you idiots need a cop guilty on play like this to realize it's balls?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Red Ruy, you're viewing. Put your goddamn vote back on and sit there until we get a claim from this scummer so we can lynch his ***

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kantrip really likes to tip toe around rebuttals.
What am I tiptoeing around? wtf? You want me to respond to Nabe's bull**** calling me quoting content from yesterDay a case? He's misconstruing my actions and intentions with that and I don't have time to entertain that ****. I thought you were better than to start doing so, but I suppose not.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Look at 781 and 782 and tell me I'm wrong. Then tell me that's not scummy as balls. If you can't do that, why is kuz still breathing?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Kuz's reads that he spouted out of his *** in RVS: Degauss Kary and Potassium scum, Swishy Serial Killer, Nabe obvtown.

People asked for clarification on Nabe and got nothing. Kuz's votes all Day bounced between his "scumteam that he had pinned in RVS" until he pushed a mislynch on the one that was easiest. Everyone agreed to go after kuz on a townflip and now they're letting him slide as he lurks even though he promised me he would give me his next scumpicks. He tried to get me to tell him who I was looking at besides him to see if he could redirect my attention, but I refused him. He is now nowhere to be found as his probable scummate Nabe (either that or just immensely dense Nabe) chainsaw defends him by attacking me since I'm an easy player to attack and causes really stupid players like Red Ruy to actually reconsider the lynch.

It's uncanny how bad DGames players really are, and you call me Kantplay.
Well I am the Ruy!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What am I tiptoeing around? wtf? You want me to respond to Nabe's bull**** calling me quoting content from yesterDay a case? He's misconstruing my actions and intentions with that and I don't have time to entertain that ****. I thought you were better than to start doing so, but I suppose not.
He still brought up valid points, reguardless of how you presented it, hint I didn't what you posted there til Nabe posted his wall.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That isn't answering Nabe.
What is there to answer for? He misconstrued my quoting of previous posts as a "case" and ridiculed it as such. If you laugh at a garbage truck for its viability in drag racing you're not really doing it justice.

Kantrip

Kantplay
All I heard was "KevinM agress with me! He's town. J disagrees with me! He's Scum!"
Disagreeing with me?

More like fence-sitting a stance on "gonna look at kuz and Kary" while hovering in the "I agree that kuz has stuff to answer for but I'm not going to vote for him" which, to me, is equivalent to saying "I'm trying my hardest to bus but I don't actually want my mate lynched."

Anyone who wants kuz gone is a friend of mine, and it doesn't look to me like you really do.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Summary of the Kuz case as received via Potassium:

- Kuz disagrees with K's reads, therefore he is scum
- Kuz didn't take the previous point seriously when it was first expressed (I can't imagine why)

- Kuz thought Deg and Kary were both good plays ("Must be keeping his options open"? "Their interactions make that impossible"?)
- "Kuz didn't do what I would have done in a situation, therefore the reasoning behind his actions must be the single scummy thing I say it is" rather than the common-sense answer (Kuz really is a ****)

I agree with the assertion that this interaction reads as scummy for one of the two parties involved.
- Kuz later still didn't agree with K's reads of Deg/Kary (and vice-versa!); Kuz not changing his mind on Deg/Kary is scummy for some reason
- "I can tell you that Kuz disagreeing with my reads means he's scum, because disagreeing with my reads is inherently stupid, and I idolize Kuz so I know he's not stupid"
- Kuz took the exact wording of what K wrote in a post and applied to it a meaning he thought to be inherent in the words, and therefore must be scum because words are relative ("Nice reach")
- Kuz' reasoning on Kary is "bad"
- Kuz is snarky and sarcastic
- Kuz is scummy because he thinks Soup's "typically scummy" course of action is scummy (Kuzai such a pleb amirite)
- Kuz must die because he thinks K's sheeping Swiss
- Kuz switched to Kary without justifying the change (aka an actual relevant point of conflict not involving meta or "I would have done this" judgments)
(The switch was soft-justified at the time by Deg's read of a Kuz/Kary scumteam combined with Kuz's read of a Deg/Kary scumteam, but I'm only lauding the restraint taken in the point by not lashing out at Kuz's character)
- Kuz is scummy for voicing his thought that Swishy would push on one side of his SvT/SvS read after lynching the other side, and also scummy for trying not to get lynched (town wouldn't do that!)
- Kuz missed the statement of Swishy's reads on Kary/Kantrip and therefore is scum / Kuz is pretending not to have seen those reads and therefore is scum
- Kuz is avoiding answering a question (a question he had already answered, and K had confirmed knowing the answer to, by calling Soup's action "typically scummy")
- Kuz is scum because he leaves the thread like a 3dpd living human who likes to occasionally go out and get ****faced

Vote: Potassium
This entire post is bull****. I don't even know why I am responding to it but it's such a huge chainsaw defense that Nabe definitely gets looked at next after kuz flips scum. All your points here are either entirely wrong or hugely twisting my words. **** you.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Holy **** why are we still in Dayphase I said it before

Kuz scum = Nabe Scum

Can we stop wasting time on **** I already solved?

Top Bottom