• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[See post #603] SoCal Melee Arcadian Tournament - Sept. 12

Adam M!

Smash Lord
LOL

me and johnny agreed to split if we met in finals beforehand

i thought dave was serious about the no splitting so i thought we'd have to do it incognito

but the tournament needed to end anyway so he didn't care

plus johnny deserves it for working so hard and being amazing in the span of a few months <333

D

Deleted member

1. P
2. johnny
3. Embracethe12
4. Pnoy

Teams are already posted

----

Great tournament, really genius idea. I'm very glad that you guys hosted this tournament and got an amazing turnout

Shoutouts:

Pat: We **** as a team, very happy of our placement today

The tournament runners: Kira Jkun and ranked players generous enough to help

Everybody who helped my game in the past and present [P, Lovage, Tafokints, Embracethe12(Guaranteed Gentlemans), Connor, Kira, San Diego Reaper (up-throw knee), Joe, MacD, and too many other people to list]

The Falcons who I have stolen moves from: Isai, Silentspectre, Mach Dash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRlNa7pP5rY#t=2m45s

Art Chuang/ Riverside Buddies: Nice to see you again

Cameron/Jenny: Thanks for letting me come over and sleep over sometimes, maybe I'll come over next summer

and more shoutouts later as i remember

socal community *****, very happy that I live in the brotherhood of Socal instead of some dumb east coast state

edit: thanks for making top 3 make it out of pools instead of top2

Kira-

Smash Champion
So this tournament was amazing and I'm actually proud of myself (and super thankful for everyone who helped out) because we got this **** done pretty **** quick with all the issues and people and everything

There will be a recap and shoutouts tomorrow. maybe. i really want to do it but at the same time im so exhausted

There's a lot that could be improved on but as for everything that went on today I could not have asked for anything better. Thanks everyone for coming because you guys are the most important part of the tournament; without you none of this could have happened so thanks a lot.

for everyone who didn't come, aznforce, kouryuu, tijuana, knivez/luigi, rofl/emerican, the rest of SD, and any brawlers: it's okay cause i was already overwhelmed but next time there is no excuse (next time we will be prepared for 100+ people so show up)

some people need shoutouts now though:
dc money - sorry you got bracket *****, thanks so much for helping out
a rookie - most legit mario, maybe i started watching you at a good time but **** that **** is sick, sorry about winners again
embracethe12 - good shlt, im proud for some reason. one of the few people who held it down
psychomidget - your puff is perfect in teams it ***** so hard omfg
typh -
everyone who got azen's late rule ***** - come on time

Jkun + JDM - thanks for co-hosting

what happened to no splitting lol
they were going to split anyway, and as P said we had to gtfo cause we were way past the deadline

i mean i coulda let them play a fake set and have them split it later without anyone "knowing" or we could've just let them split

joeplicate

Smash Master
ahh ****ing ****

steban placed hugher than macd, in doubles and singles
someone needs to get down on their knees and fellate me

woulda been 87 entrants w/ ranked people ;)

Kira-

Smash Champion
Also singles results

1: Adam
2: Smoke2Jointz
3: Embracethe12
4: Pnoy
5: Boss
5: Maple
7: PsychoMidget
7: Nasty Nate
9: Leeland
9: MacD
9: San Diego Reaper
9: Nestor
13: A Rookie
13: LHG
13: Pat
13: Sa2Jeff
17: Wes
17: Bardull
17: DC Money
17: Eman
17: Sherigami
17: Nashun
17: Lando Calrissian
17: Doppleganger
25: Wasabi
25: Abyss
25: Judd
25: Brian Tran
25: Deth
25: Jkun
25: Stab
25: PBS
33: JDM
33: Alpha
33: GSUB

There were 12 pools and 78 entrants, but they were done mostly on paper even though they were generated by tio, so they will take a bit longer to upload

this is everyone who made it out of pools

LHG

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was fun, possible shoutouts tomorrow, the food from The Hat = upset stomach. Haha, too good.

Jun.

Smash Lord
WE GONNA GET COPS CALLED ON US FOR........ BEING IN THE LOBBY

la quinta inn is serious business

joeplicate

Smash Master
i'm in norcal, ill get at you later

dude i still dont see how its dumb, this tournament was successful because it was well-ran and well, well advertised

edit: if ranked people not showing up is the reason why there were 70 more people, just dissolve the ****ing pr its a joke anyways

SuperRad

Smash Master
ah ****, mah *****

--

I think you're underestimating how appealing a tournament for the 'everyman' is. The fact that this tournament was well advertised helped, but I don't think a lot of the people that showed up would have without it being a tournament they felt was targeted at them.

Jun.

Smash Lord
I hope the socal top 10 wasn't butthurt about this. I highly doubt it since Kira and Loveage were both gladly helping out/running the place and the rest of socal rankers probably aren't the type of guys to QQ about not being able to enter. Socal is too good.

Aesis

Smash Ace
Also singles results

1: Adam
2: Smoke2Jointz
3: Embracethe12
4: Pnoy
5: Boss
5: Maple
7: PsychoMidget
7: Nasty Nate
9: Leeland
9: MacD
9: San Diego Reaper
9: Nestor
13: A Rookie
13: LHG
13: Pat
13: Sa2Jeff
17: Wes
17: Bardull
17: DC Money
17: Eman
17: Sherigami
17: Nashun
17: Lando Calrissian
17: Doppleganger
25: Wasabi
25: Abyss
25: Judd
25: Brian Tran
25: Deth
25: Jkun
25: Stab
25: PBS
33: JDM
33: Alpha
33: GSUB

There were 12 pools and 78 entrants, but they were done mostly on paper even though they were generated by tio, so they will take a bit longer to upload

this is everyone who made it out of pools
Good sht S2J!!!
GJ P for taking this despite the.... competition haha

Happy to see Nasty Nate, Nes and San Diego Reaper hitting top 10 here. GJ guys!

KIRA, this idea is great, please make it a series. The first UCLA tournament I hosted was around 50 people, and then afterward I had a nearly 100 (if anyone remembers that set with SS v HugS)! It's stressful, but before I started fundraising I held those tournaments for the sake of the community.

Don't be afraid to take some money out of the pot to cover your costs and then some. You're doing a great service. Just make the amount known beforehand.

Anyway, Props.

AND UCLAFTW (S2J REPPINNN BRUINS)

Lovage

Smash Hero
fun tourny, i'm glad so many new players showed up

btw, s2j and p split 1st place. although p beat s2j 3-1 in winners finals. s2j ***** the **** out of embracethe12 5-0 LOL get wrecked

kira - ****

johnny - <3333

derek - you're the champion

joeplicate

Smash Master
ah ****, mah *****

--

I think you're underestimating how appealing a tournament for the 'everyman' is. The fact that this tournament was well advertised helped, but I don't think a lot of the people that showed up would have without it being a tournament they felt was targeted at them.
then we know what we need to do.

TOs need to present a better image period, one thread on a forum somewhere doesn't cut it because i guess it feels too exclusive. if the next one was still targeted towards arcadians in the same way, but ranked people were allowed to discreetly enter, you'd still get a **** good turnout.

man, everybody is a ******
ESPECIALLY oscar

embracethe12

Smash Lord
i never am able to take time and see how the developing community is doing
but after running part of pools i got to see some serious upcoming potential

people with good attitudes coming to tournaments, thats what i like seeing

shout outs to you guys in my pool
everyone in my pool was cool
rhyme unintended

10ks
a rookie
Ger
Lanstar
Deadshot

edit: fly i went both and got equally *****. i didn't take a match off him.

falcons come play me
all i've been having is marth practice

Kira-

Smash Champion
well advertised? we did nothign LOL

imagine if we did legit advertisement at UCI and at neighboring schools and other stuff
hugo gave me the idea to advertise at gamestop stores and stuff like that
basically flood high schools and colleges with flyers

then ****... we'd have a 150 man tournament for sure

btw next one will be at UCI if all goes well
stay tuned

thanks for the advice alan, all the extra money went to our costs and then will go to funding the next tournament

Kira-

Smash Champion
oh yeah ALSO if anyone recorded videos or any footage of the tournament please PM me asap!

EDIT

EVERYONE- thanks for being patient and listening to whatever I said. Like going outside of the venue and not playing friendlies when matches were being called and everything, you guys were easy to work with and that made running the tournament that much more enjoyable. Thank you!

D

Deleted member

Thanx

you and Macd ****** me helped me a lot against Nestor

LuCKy

Smash Master
i know i said this was a stupid idea at first lol

but its pretty badass to hear it went so well good **** to kira n everyone that helped

if you host another id be glad to help run it n play friendlys lol i was planning to do so at this one *and show up in a transformers helmet to be funny* just something else came up

hope the next goes just as well

HugS™

Smash Lord
I'm glad this went well, but you b****es shoulda let me enter considering you have all refused to rank me for the past year.

No but really, I like Joe's idea regarding an appeal to the most important yet most ignored demographic, the arcadian, while still allowing ranked people to play.

I have to disagree on his stance with this tournament though. It was a beautiful thing.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
god joe, SHUT UP

no one gives a **** about your negative nancy opinion. okay, you don't like the tournament. too bad, this was one of the biggest non-major tournaments in socal since brawl came out, so you're obviously wrong because everyone else liked it. so why do you keep posting about it?

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Pretty fun tournament. I wasn't playing too well in singles today. Kinda gay how we had to go outside, but hopefully next time we won't need to.

Embracethe12- Thanks for the tips

PsychoMidget- You're godly in teams.

MacD- We need to team again. It's always really fun to team with you

San Diego Reaper- I shouldn't have lost to you :/ Next time we meet we shall money match.

Nestor- Really fun matches in pools.

Pat- I think you know

Brian Tran- Idk why people were watching our matches. They weren't that intense lol

Stab- hi

GSUB- hi

I kind of want to host a tournament now. There are some possible good venues near my house.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Wow... This tournament was so great...

Shout-Outs:

Kira: Thank you so much for this tournament, you did a great job running it, and I mean GREAT. Also, thank you for all the encouragement and support you gave me during doubles and during my singles and pools, it helped me out more than you know.

Jason: You seemed a little stressed out most of the time, but you were doing a lot for this tournament, good ****. Mmmm, Jack-In-The-Box. Oh yeah, sorry for talking to you during your match with Nashun, you always talk to other people and stuff, so I thought it'd be fine, didn't mean to upset you :/

JDM: I didn't talk to you much, except inside jackinthebox, but I appreciate the effort that you put into running this :]

Everyone in my pool: Thanks for the games and practice, you were all really cool, I enjoyed it. (P, Deth, Jon, Nis, Travis?, Rave)

Stab: Yo, we did WAY better in teams than I thought we would, you saying "rest!" when you grabbed someone helped a lot. Haha. We got really close to beating Boss and P... Next time ;] (and hey, you made it out of pools, and beat someone in bracket, ya did good, don't be mad at that)

Sherigami: Hi. Walking in circles around me, saying, "GSUB, GSUB, GSUB, GSUB...." Lol, you're funny. I always like seeing you, you're cool and fun to talk to. I'll try and bring Lauren for you next time, ahahah.

MacD: Great seeing you again! Even though you can be a butt in person... >:[ But anyways, you seemed like you were playing a bit off... Like, I don't know, you weren't trying that hard... I know you can do a lot better man, next timeeeeeee.

Connor: Good seeing you =D

Signia: Good job making it to this without Okami, good **** :]

Wes: Wish I coulda played your Falco, GG's in bracket, you're good.

Nashun: Dang... I got back-aired.... Hahaha, you're so good with your kirby... I just tried sticking to my mains, and not coping out and CP'ing with fox or sheik or something... Probably STILL woulda lost, hahaha. GG's.

P: Thanks for the friendlies, and bits of advice you gave me. I have a lot of improving to do... I need the criticism... You're a really friendly guy :]

Anyone I missed: Let me know. Good seeing everyone!!!

Top Bottom