• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Season's Beatings II: 11/3, Columbus, OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliq

Smash Master
Drephen, lol, "Can I Cuss?"

I find your lack of me in the video disturbing, because as everyone knows, I am awesome.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
When is CVS2? I might come and compete in that game along with smash.

Maybe 3rd strike too, but I hate turtling.

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
Maybe 3rd strike too, but I hate turtling.
I dunno what that statement really means, esp seeing as how CvS2 is the king of turtlepower. Unless you're thinking of Chun vs. Chun which there will be like 4 matches of all day.

The schedule is not officially finalized (we have way more interest than we even hoped and have to carefully get this done in one day if we can), but Fugee and I last night pretty much decided:

Smash, CvS2, GG, and DR will run first without close starting times of each other, because the playerbases overlap least.

Guitar Hero II will begin around 4:30, as well. And our grudge-match events go down throughout the day.

Smash will have its own section so it can more or less run all day (once SSSBM tourneys are over we might clear SOME of the tourney TVs out, but that's it. Plenty for casuals for you guys).

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I dunno what that statement really means, esp seeing as how CvS2 is the king of turtlepower. Unless you're thinking of Chun vs. Chun which there will be like 4 matches of all day.

The schedule is not officially finalized (we have way more interest than we even hoped and have to carefully get this done in one day if we can), but Fugee and I last night pretty much decided:

Smash, CvS2, GG, and DR will run first without close starting times of each other, because the playerbases overlap least.

Guitar Hero II will begin around 4:30, as well. And our grudge-match events go down throughout the day.

Smash will have its own section so it can more or less run all day (once SSSBM tourneys are over we might clear SOME of the tourney TVs out, but that's it. Plenty for casuals for you guys).

I play K groove in CVS2, so turtling doesn't bother me too much. :chuckle:

I play Dudley in 3rd strike, so I get irritated easily by people that camp. :mad:

It doesn't really matter, because I'm pretty much a scrub regardless.

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
It's all good. Hope you try your hand at those games too, the tourneys will be BIIG. From SRK interest, it looks like this event will be one of the most attended (and prob THE biggest) fighting-game events until Evolution season next year! We're already at 550 posts and 10,000 views, with the tourney two months away. (The good thing about a big tourney is you have a good chance to play a good amount before facing the best people).

Please note some schedule changes we made on the first page (Smash not really affected though).

Gelton

Smash Apprentice
I'll def be there.

*Cough* bigr needs to come over and school me back up again =)

shogun

Smash Journeyman
Hey Ghaleon(or whoever answers my question),

Is this the same tournament as Mission Impossible or whatever, but got renamed?

Btw, this is Zerom(from that forum which I will not mention) if you remember me.

shogun

Smash Journeyman
Shogun: No this isn't mission impossible. Its always been Season's Beatings.
Really? I was told by someone that there would be mission impossible tournament at momos, so I don't know.

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys -- this is the same tourney more or less. April was our mid-season one, and we also put a special bounty on Justin Wong in multiple games, so hence the subtitle (Mission: Impossible was beating Justin Wong at Capcom/Tekken). Bottom line is Fugee and I organize them all, with MoMo's the venue, and Mathos runs Smash like a champ, no matter what call em.

We're going to retire the Mission: Impossible name now that we have a reputation, and all kinds of travellers coming in are a threat to win.

A word to travellers: if you're coming from out of town and need a hotel, almost all places are booked. We have a Red Roof 15 min away with about 30 rooms left, so if you need to reserve, do it THIS WEEK!

Red Roof Inn: (614) 846-3001
http://www.redroof.com/rr/check-availability.do?property=0310&numberOfAdults=&arrivalDate=&departureDate=&BTR=&redicardNumber=&corporatePlusNumber=&travelAgentNumber=

FLYER 1:
Season's Beatings II: Battle of the Titans (FRONT)
Season's Beatings II: Battle of the Titans (BACK)

And about the Marvel pot bonus: that's getting put up by a a third-party backer who puts up a lot of cash in just the Marvel scene. Fugee and I aren't pulling favorites with the tournament money between any games.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
CoK, you guys can take care of me, right?! n_____n
i'm probably gonna fly in the wednesday or thursday before, then leave the monday after.
yay skybus :]
this is the weekend before my birthday. =) let's get trashed at dnb LMAO
I LOVE YOU, DREPHEN :D and watty is a ***** <3

kiwiii

Smash Lord
We always got rooms for hot asians >.>

and kiwi
LMAO
okay i'll be sure to bring this guy with me ;]

omgogmogmogmogmogmogmgomgomgogmomg
omg.
oimgm.

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy my bday's gonna be celebrated with see oh kay, watty...MIDWEST <3333 i love u guys n____n <3 <3 <3 <3 especially the ginger <3 LOL

im so pumpeddd :D

<3

so who wants to pick me up/drop me off at the airport? :] !!

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Sliq, you coming to this? I need to play a good jigglypuff, and it seems that kish is no longer an option.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I was just kidding, I'm not too heard of
Food match?

It's like a money match, but instead of 1-2 dollars, whoever loses has to buy the person something from a fast food dollar menu. I just invented it right now, although I'm sure it's been done before.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
raaaaaaape.
only a few more weeks!
everyone who's going to this should also look into viva la smashtaclysm :) it's gonna be epic

4% APR

Smash Champion
Food match?

It's like a money match, but instead of 1-2 dollars, whoever loses has to buy the person something from a fast food dollar menu. I just invented it right now, although I'm sure it's been done before.
why not, providing I can make it

kiwiii

Smash Lord
dayuuuummmm i never met joe bushman. he teams with drephen tho, so he's automatically good in my book yeauhz!

DippnDots

Feral Youth
There there Kel, we all love you.

And since you all peer pressured me into it: YEYEAHUZ JOE BUSHMAN111!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom