• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Season's Beatings II: 11/3, Columbus, OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

AS Money

Smash Lord
That is uncalled for

now if it is true that would literally make you a mother ****er you sick ****

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
Jiano, do you do interviews with women?

I normally don't do interviews with women unless I fornicate with them. So you shouldn't talk anymore ... Unless you want to, you know.

Hahah people are getting too good these days

mathos

Smash Champion
I believe we had 33ish for singles for Smash, but including other video games there will 100+ at the event.

Don't be afraid to pre-register we won't hate you if you don't come. Actually I'm lying we like to hit people.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
i'm not going to this sheezy anymore. can't do it financially, sorry CoK =/
hopefully see you guys at VLS. don't know if i can go to that either LMAO but i'll try my best. you all better be there~

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Seems Kiwiii doesn't like the CoK as much as we think, amirite?

Anyone in Cbus going to have pre-tournament weekly smash gatherings?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I should be able to go to this.

Overswarm
smash singles and doubles
cincinnati

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Would it be worth it for us (the WV people) to go? In other words, is there going to be a nice turnout? Our crew has not been to any major tournaments but judging from other people's videos and Smashboards threads, we think we can hold our own against some of the top players. Would this be a tournament for us to go to for this purpose? And about how long will the SSBM tournament last?

Also, if you confirm the Guitar Hero II tournament, tell me, because we want to play in that too.

mathos

Smash Champion
Well last time we had 32 people there. Nearly half of them have gone to other tournaments, so the skill level is decently high. Especially for your first tournament, but a drive from WV may be pretty far for the small amount of people.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
tournaments this size are the best for first tournaments, easier to meet people, and most of the people who come are smashers who are quite involved in the community. i dunno, you guys might not think its worth it, but considering the alternatives this is probably your best bet. thats just how i feel though.

mathos

Smash Champion
For some reason I was thinking Virginia not West Virginia. I assume you guys are about 2 hours away which is a decent amount of time for something this size.

I remember my first tournament was FoB2 which was 6 hours away and had a little over 32 people too. So two hours is nothing!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
For some reason I was thinking Virginia not West Virginia. I assume you guys are about 2 hours away which is a decent amount of time for something this size.

I remember my first tournament was FoB2 which was 6 hours away and had a little over 32 people too. So two hours is nothing!
I concur! My first tournament was MLG St. Louis, and I didn't know any other smashers when I went.

If you aren't that good at meeting people in social situations (as many smashers are not), I suggest bringing several $1 and asking people for $1 money matches. It gets peoples attention fast.

mathos

Smash Champion
If you aren't that good at meeting people in social situations (as many smashers are not), I suggest bringing several $1 and asking people for $1 money matches. It gets peoples attention fast.
And its good if you want to lose a ****ton of money :) Don't be afraid to ask for friendlies. Smashers are typically good at helping people out.

Impp

Smash Ace
I'm going to this now.

Matt K.
Singles/Doubles
Cleveland area

Who wants to team with me?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
And its good if you want to lose a ****ton of money :) Don't be afraid to ask for friendlies. Smashers are typically good at helping people out.
The day I lose a ****ton of money doing $1 MM is the day I wonder how I fit so many singles into my wallet.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yes and Yes, Dippn and Drew.

Drew, I think you are the only person out of the group that I haven't beaten in a serious match. We've only played one money match at GJ (ironman) and you won that, but other than that I don't think we've 1v1ed very often.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I need a teammate if Ameer isn't going, which he probably won't unless there is a Yugioh tournament here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom