• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Sears selling) Brawl (Released Early) >.<?

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
I know have absolute proof that the game is in Wal-Mart storage. The reasons why are because of the pictures, AND my cousin who works at Wal-Mart STOLE a copy without getting caught. Awesome.
wow, thats pretty awesome. he must have been pretty smooth, I'm pretty sure they will be able to detect one missing though, i would tell him to be careful. your lucky though ;)

ManCarrot

Smash Cadet
I will find out tomorrow... This is nuts. I know its only a week away and all but fckton having it early would make me cream.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
I'm telling you this is a lie from the 7th circle of hell.... There's no way they'd release the game early......

ManCarrot

Smash Cadet
"Later on, another dude told me that what happened was, they put them on sale online. The reason they did that is because it usually takes 8-10 business days to ship (Brawl comes out in 10 days...).

^In response to that, some stores in various parts of the country got involved in a miscommunication, thinking that since the website put them on sale, that they could go ahead and put their copies, which weren't supposed to sell until March 9th, on sale. Thus, some stores sold them prematurely, while some were smarter and realized the mistake.

Apparently, the site has been updated since then to clear up the confusion. But, it is true...some people are playing the English Brawl as we speak.

I would say, as of now, it's a lost cause calling, because every Sears I called knew what I was calling about..."are you calling about that Smash Brawl game?" Word has gotten around, so your chances of getting one now are unlikely."

Quoted from another one of the 100000 sites about this issue(wiichat.com). Also it is real someone that I saw/know on the boards said that their cousin called them out of no where be fore this whole ordeal an had recieved an inhand copy of the game from Sears. Others have proof that it was sold reciepts and all.

Sad Day = Me without one.

Good news is Walmart said that they would have it in on the 2nd and selling it on the 7th.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
To me this sounds like a mistake on part of a few stores, it happens once and awhile that someone puts out a box that labeled for a specific day out early on accident. Places like Wal-mart put resigster locks on the computer system to prevent these kind of things from being sold before a release date. Sears may or may not do this.

Good news is Walmart said that they would have it in on the 2nd and selling it on the 7th.
Say what? I work at a Wal-Mart in the electronic department and the Game vendors have made no mention to us to break any street dates regarding Brawl or anything else for that matter. Our store here hasn't even seen Brawl as of yet and it's more then likely we won't get it till later next week.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
Sears are a bunch of scammers. I won't buy from them anymore. I ordered a wii online from there, they said they were in stock. Then it turned out they lied and were not in stock. They had my money, and I had no wii. It was a big hassle to get my money back from them.

ApatheticApe

Smash Rookie
Me: Hi, i'm wondering if you have any copy's of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Him: Hold on, I think I just saw it.

Phone: *Jazz music*

Him:....uh, no we don't.

I have a feeling he isn't telling the truth. D:<

Minty

Smash Apprentice
lol you should check out on page 12 i believe of what Kmart and Walmart talked to me about xD

Phocks

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm gonna go check out the situation myself in about an hour or so when most stores open. Checking out two Sears stores, and since I'll be there with a buddy around opening, if they have any, we'll be the first to get one. :)

I'll let you guys know what happens.

Oh, and I'm going to ask the manager there to make Captain Falcon poses with me and take pictures. :p

entrapment

Smash Apprentice
Well.... I know I called and stuff but other than that its just about of us who called but actully have not gotten copies and the only dude that did supposely only took of ugly shot for e-bay. I know we all really wanted to beilve this but....aleast when members got the japanese verison they took alot of photo's other just one that looks to much like a review photo. So really unless someone new takes a photo with a receipt thats readible I'm declaring... cake rule on Sears.

ManCarrot

Smash Cadet
To me this sounds like a mistake on part of a few stores, it happens once and awhile that someone puts out a box that labeled for a specific day out early on accident. Places like Wal-mart put resigster locks on the computer system to prevent these kind of things from being sold before a release date. Sears may or may not do this.

Say what? I work at a Wal-Mart in the electronic department and the Game vendors have made no mention to us to break any street dates regarding Brawl or anything else for that matter. Our store here hasn't even seen Brawl as of yet and it's more then likely we won't get it till later next week.
It wouldnt be the first time Walmart broke street date. Im a mangaer at Gamestop and there is a walmart right next to me. They broke street date on the Wii and the DS, o and not to mention Halo 3.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I'm telling you this is a lie from the 7th circle of hell.... There's no way they'd release the game early......
You're an idiot. End of discussion.
Street dates have been broken before. We have photo proof.
Nintendo doesn't control this. Stupid retailers sometimes DO break street dates because of their stupid employees. Nintendo tells them when to release, but it's not like Reggie is at every Target/Wal-Mart to make sure they don't make any mistakes.

Ichida

Smash Ace
It's the final homestretch that's the hardest. Knowing we've wited all these years, been lied to time and time again by Nintendo, been tantalized with info and pics and videos and even a Japan release... it's knowing that we're teetering on the brink of it all... that's the hardest...

Poel

Smash Cadet
Home stretch is the hardest because I have to go on vacation from the 8th through the 15th. I might buy it over that week... but no Wii till I get back to university.

Antinegative

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if anybody from these boards was one of the lucky few. If so they need to stop playing for 2 minutes, take some pictures and FEED US WE ARE HUNGRY RAWR

6footninja

Smash Ace
All the sears stores I called said what I expected "were sorry, this game isnt out until March 9". Well, I thinks its a bit fishy as for the people saying "I called and they said they sold their last one 10 minutes before hand". Why arent more pictures out? Why is nobody speaking up if they bought it? It MAY just be online release. Since it has to ship before you get it that would explain why nobody is speaking out about actually having it yet

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Home stretch is the hardest because I have to go on vacation from the 8th through the 15th. I might buy it over that week... but no Wii till I get back to university.
Wow, that just completely depressed me and brought down my day a lot by how bad i feel for you right now.

On the bright side, i just called an undisclosed department store in my area and they said they might be getting a shipment either this afternoon or Tuesday at the latest and that i should try calling back in a few hours. If i do get it guys(which i doubt), I'll be sure to give you some crappy pictures of the game/receipt(i say crappy because i have no good camera...only my phone, sorry).

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
You'd think if someone had the game they would have already posted Video or pictures proving...like i said the only people who supposingly have brawl are little kids who go with their moms to the store and asked for it...

Moustachio

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm well when I think about... I geuss I only have 6 more days till Brawl, but that's only because I'm only counting down schooldays lol.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It wouldnt be the first time Walmart broke street date. Im a mangaer at Gamestop and there is a walmart right next to me. They broke street date on the Wii and the DS, o and not to mention Halo 3.
However, a majority of street date breaks are caused only by a handful of stores usually by error or miscommuication. Our store didn't release Halo 3 early. Nor the Wii. Nor the DS. The only game I've ever seen get released early since I've been there was Turok recently. And that was only because it was directly told by our vendors that handle our game cases in the first place.

You're an idiot. End of discussion.
Street dates have been broken before. We have photo proof.
Nintendo doesn't control this. Stupid retailers sometimes DO break street dates because of their stupid employees. Nintendo tells them when to release, but it's not like Reggie is at every Target/Wal-Mart to make sure they don't make any mistakes.
Stupid Retailers and stupid employees? Really? Think before you speak honsety... I could get into this but I don't want to start ranting.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
For those who ordered, Sears will not ship until March 8th. So I guess now is a good time to call and cancel your Sears orders. .

cynar

Smash Apprentice
You guys are tards. I said this before but apparently no one noticed, the screenshots were stolen from neogaf and a fake story was sent to RMC on go nintendo since he never checks his sources. Gullible people (like those in this thread) fall for it and hilarity ensues.

The person who posted the screenshots on NeoGAF is from Singapore. There is no Sears in Singapore. :p

since you guys are silly I'll even link the posts:

these were about 12 hours before the story was falsely sent to gonintendo

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9960778&postcount=11605

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9961484&postcount=11616

and here's the one where he says his location and gonintendo was wrong

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9973894&postcount=11712

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
i went to the sears at the mall and ask one of them if ssbb is in stock. he said we will not sell it until the 10th. i told them that i called 15min earlier before i came and they said they would hold it for me until i got there. so he just went to the back and got it!! i was taking picture with my camera and i found out that i dont have the wire to transfer pic. sorry but no pics. i will ask my gf where is the wire when she get home later tonight. you guys can maybe try it too. back to playing brawl!!!!

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
I just called and they said they had a couple in. I'm gonna go for it and see =)

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
i went to the sears at the mall and ask one of them if ssbb is in stock. he said we will not sell it until the 10th. i told them that i called 15min earlier before i came and they said they would hold it for me until i got there. so he just went to the back and got it!! i was taking picture with my camera and i found out that i dont have the wire to transfer pic. sorry but no pics. i will ask my gf where is the wire when she get home later tonight. you guys can maybe try it too. back to playing brawl!!!!

what no way, you did this today?

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice
You guys are tards. I said this before but apparently no one noticed, the screenshots were stolen from neogaf and a fake story was sent to RMC on go nintendo since he never checks his sources. Gullible people (like those in this thread) fall for it and hilarity ensues.

The person who posted the screenshots on NeoGAF is from Singapore. There is no Sears in Singapore. :p

since you guys are silly I'll even link the posts:

these were about 12 hours before the story was falsely sent to gonintendo

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9960778&postcount=11605

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9961484&postcount=11616

and here's the one where he says his location and gonintendo was wrong

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9973894&postcount=11712
Hey there's no need to be rough man. There was just a big misunderstanding. You can't call people stupid for hoping.

Top Bottom