• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Sears selling) Brawl (Released Early) >.<?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
what the metallic chewey phallus are they waiting for the 9th for...the game is apparently not only done being programmed and produced, but in the back of stores.....and shelves of sears.

WTF is NOA waiting for? For crying out sex.

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
alright so I called like 10 sears and 2 kmarts, the kmarts knew nothing BUT one of the sears had it earlier today but sold out quickly and said that they would be getting a new shipment in shortly, and a few other ones are selling the game march 1st.

EDIT: lmao at the kmart bra story

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
what the metallic chewey phallus are they waiting for the 9th for...the game is apparently not only done being programmed and produced, but in the back of stores.....and shelves of sears.

WTF is NOA waiting for? For crying out sex.
They spent the whole month with the game in production, preparing for distribution if I am not mistaken. I recall Sakurai and someone from Nintendo apologizing and saying "I am sorry for the delay, but don't worry, we promise to have lots of copies ready" or something.

Basically, they took a month at the press to be sure they would meet demand, after selling a million copies in 10 days in Japan, it is probably for the best... although NOJ did pull off 700k copies or so in a week. They better not sell out of Brawl here...

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
guys, I can't even find it on there sight anymore

MisshapenKontra

Smash Rookie
to let everyone know, if someone screws up and sells you a copy early, be polite and let them know not to, because they will lose their job because of it.

KungLao

Smash Rookie
They probably figured something was wrong with them having more than 4 people on their site at one time.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
They removed it a few hours ago, due to either running out of stock or realizing they made a mistake and didn't want to let anymore get through.
yeah they told me the website was a mistake and they would fix it shortly.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hey, did anyone get the locations of the stores they have it at before they removed it?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
It didn't say what stores had it, it just allowed you to order online, and it says it will ship in the next few days. I am supposedly getting my copy by next Tuesday, guess we will see how that works out.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Moist-in-between-scrotum-and-thigh-area-skin

This is capitally RETARTED.

A LOT of Sears stores had it today, but with the displays and amounts most stores plan on getting, one of the following things happened:

1. Sears got much less copies than most places did
2. They got as many copies as everybody else, but they just sold out THAT fast (uh oh...preorders dont feel so safe now)
3. They got as many copies as everybody else...but only put a few copies out at random stores just to stir things up, get their name out there, and cause a little stir (in which they are douchebags)

So what do you think?

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
Thats almost as if 7-11 had taken preorders, cuz you KNOW they would have released it early, just like they did with Halo 3

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Thats almost as if 7-11 had taken preorders, cuz you KNOW they would have released it early, just like they did with Halo 3
7-11 sold Halo 3? Wow, that made my night!

Anyway, they better send copies to people who managed to order and got confirmation of their order. I was told I'd get the game March 4th...

It's probably the first option though, they didn't get all that many copies in at those stores (and they were probably still waiting for more anyway, it was probably initial shipments.)

Doubt it was the second and I would laugh if it were the third. But hey, it sure made me think "Sears." I had forgotten they even existed until today.

lilsquish89

Smash Rookie
7-11 sold Halo 3? Wow, that made my night!

Anyway, they better send copies to people who managed to order and got confirmation of their order. I was told I'd get the game March 4th...

It's probably the first option though, they didn't get all that many copies in at those stores (and they were probably still waiting for more anyway, it was probably initial shipments.)

Doubt it was the second and I would laugh if it were the third. But hey, it sure made me think "Sears." I had forgotten they even existed until today.
I have my doubts. I called the customer service for online sales ten minutes ago, and they said the game is shipping on March 8th. I told them that my "Order Status" said it would arrive in five days, and my confirmation email said it would arrive March 8th, but they told me that those notifications were wrong.

Maybe they figured it out...I suggest calling the 1-800 number they gave us to check on your order.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I have my doubts. I called the customer service for online sales ten minutes ago, and they said the game is shipping on March 8th. I told them that my "Order Status" said it would arrive in five days, and my confirmation email said it would arrive March 8th, but they told me that those notifications were wrong.

Maybe they figured it out...I suggest calling the 1-800 number they gave us to check on your order.
Hmm, I think they BSed to you and are trying to cover their tracks. I'll call tomorrow and see what they tell me since I didn't get the 8th as a date, I got that it will arrive in two days and four days on the email.

Antinegative

Smash Apprentice
@chaos: about how long before they took it off their site did you order it from them?

if it is like a matter of hours I would think that that would be enough time to halt the shipping process on all the games ordered, and then they would just tell you tough luck on the ship date

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
@chaos: about how long before they took it off their site did you order it from them?

if it is like a matter of hours I would think that that would be enough time to halt the shipping process on all the games ordered, and then they would just tell you tough luck on the ship date
I'd rather them do that than lie to me. I expect it to be an issue on the site, something like they weren't ready for it to be on there/it was not set up as a preorder item.

Besides, I still have my Gamestop preorder for when/if this does not work out. We already know they sold copies today though.

fr0st2k

Smash Journeyman
its takes about 1 day for processing ... hence the reason the person who overnighted it was going to receive it in 2 days. So i dont think anyone who ordered it today will get it.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
All I know is I talked to the lady on the phone, and she told me it would be at my house in 4 days. If it's not I'm going to hunt her down and kill her.

shizzlee

Smash Apprentice
I know have absolute proof that the game is in Wal-Mart storage. The reasons why are because of the pictures, AND my cousin who works at Wal-Mart STOLE a copy without getting caught. Awesome.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
You guys seriously have to calm down. A store makes a mistake in selling them early and you go hysterical. Just wait for March 9, it really won't kill you.

You may have waited for 1 or 2 years (just like everyone else), but you have absolutly no reason to be so disrespectful.

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
Anybody else wondering if they'll go the 360 route and threaten bans for anyone playing US Brawl before release?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Anybody else wondering if they'll go the 360 route and threaten bans for anyone playing US Brawl before release?
Microsoft only did that for their own employees who played Halo 3 unathorized on live before Sep. 25.

They didnt punish random people who bought early.

Top Bottom