• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Sears selling) Brawl (Released Early) >.<?

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Just called my local Sears, directed to Electronics...

Yoji: "Hi, I was wondering if you had any copies of Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii?"
Employee: "Oh, that item's pretty hot, let me check for you..."
Yoji: On Hold for a bit...
Employee: I'm sorry sir, we're all out.
Yoji: Do you know when you'll be getting another shipment?
Employee: I don't personally, but let me direct you to Video Games and they can tell you."
Yoji: Great, thank you!

Yojimbo waits a bit more...
Employee: Hi, this is the electonics department in Sears, how may I assist you?
Yoji: Yes, I was wondering when you would be receiving another shipment of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Employee: Uh... sir, we haven't gotten a shipment yet. Not until the 9th of March.

Quit jerking me around, Sears! Yargh!

the656

Smash Journeyman
I called a nearby Sears they said they didn't have the game in stock (and I was the second person to call) and if they did have the game instock the person would get triminated for selling someone the game.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
I called a nearby Sears they said they didn't have the game in stock (and I was the second person to call) and if they did have the game instock the person would get triminated for selling someone the game.

well he is right, any employee caught selling the game will lose his/her job

JSnake

Smash Rookie
You guys are tards. I said this before but apparently no one noticed, the screenshots were stolen from neogaf and a fake story was sent to RMC on go nintendo since he never checks his sources. Gullible people (like those in this thread) fall for it and hilarity ensues.

The person who posted the screenshots on NeoGAF is from Singapore. There is no Sears in Singapore. :p

since you guys are silly I'll even link the posts:

these were about 12 hours before the story was falsely sent to gonintendo

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9960778&postcount=11605

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9961484&postcount=11616

and here's the one where he says his location and gonintendo was wrong

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9973894&postcount=11712
Listen to this man, please.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Just called my local Sears, directed to Electronics...

Yoji: "Hi, I was wondering if you had any copies of Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii?"
Employee: "Oh, that item's pretty hot, let me check for you..."
Yoji: On Hold for a bit...
Employee: I'm sorry sir, we're all out.
Yoji: Do you know when you'll be getting another shipment?
Employee: I don't personally, but let me direct you to Video Games and they can tell you."
Yoji: Great, thank you!

Yojimbo waits a bit more...
Employee: Hi, this is the electonics department in Sears, how may I assist you?
Yoji: Yes, I was wondering when you would be receiving another shipment of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Employee: Uh... sir, we haven't gotten a shipment yet. Not until the 9th of March.

Quit jerking me around, Sears! Yargh!
That tends to happen quite alot in large retail chains, if release dates and shipments information is not commuicated well, misunderstanding happen.

Eddy 650

Smash Rookie
Blah, I'm stuck at my desk at work. This is torture! Anyone from the Bay Area pick up any copies from Sears?

Antinegative

Smash Apprentice
You guys are tards. I said this before but apparently no one noticed, the screenshots were stolen from neogaf and a fake story was sent to RMC on go nintendo since he never checks his sources. Gullible people (like those in this thread) fall for it and hilarity ensues.

The person who posted the screenshots on NeoGAF is from Singapore. There is no Sears in Singapore. :p

sugarpoultry got off the phone moments ago with the Sears in Idaho Falls. The worker there said they did have Brawl, and she witnessed the game flying off shelves in a matter of seconds. They are now out of stock here and will not restock until March 9.

This is no rumor. It is 100% true. Check your local Sears, everyone.
I tend to believe the latter. Just face it, there are people playing Brawl right now. Maybe the original picture was a hoax...but its pretty clear Sears sold copies early.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
I tend to believe the latter. Just face it, there are people playing Brawl right now. Maybe the original picture was a hoax...but its pretty clear Sears sold copies early.

I called my Sear's as well and they said they had them in stock earlier, but now they are all out.

IceDrake

Smash Apprentice
Kind of related:

My friend preordered Brawl at Blockbuster and he's claiming they are selling it next Friday (3/7) to everyone who preodered it.

Anyone hear something similar?

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
Kind of related:

My friend preordered Brawl at Blockbuster and he's claiming they are selling it next Friday (3/7) to everyone who preodered it.

Anyone hear something similar?
wow really? next friday would be awsome..gives us like a day or so to practice for that gamestop tourny.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Amazon:

Mar 4, 2008
* Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Platform: Nintendo Wii)
* God of War Chains of Olympus (Platform: Sony PSP)
* Army of Two (Platform: Xbox 360)
* Major League Baseball 2K8 (Platform: Xbox 360)

But on the Brawl page it says release is March 9th... maybe they are shipping it out on the 4th. Regardless, Amazon is the worst place to preorder since they don't give preorders priority over normal orders. Heck, they will tell you that your copy is on hold and you will have to wait two weeks even though you preordered while the site says it's "In Stock."

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
i just signed up for the tourney at gamestop and canceled my pre-order bc i got the game earlier today at sears. seems like there isnt much people in the tourney at the gamestop i went to preorder. there is basiclly 3 gamestop in a 3-5mile radius. and all 3 are hosting a tourney.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Hey where do you guys get those little pixel-pictures of the brawl characters that I've seen in your signatures?

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
i just signed up for the tourney at gamestop and canceled my pre-order bc i got the game earlier today at sears. seems like there isnt much people in the tourney at the gamestop i went to preorder. there is basiclly 3 gamestop in a 3-5mile radius. and all 3 are hosting a tourney.
Cool, did you see your friend code yet? I wish I didn't preorder brawl two weeks ago at Gamestop, I guess I'll have to wait.

IceDrake

Smash Apprentice
If thats true Im gonna go preorder brawl at blockbuster.
wow really? next friday would be awsome..gives us like a day or so to practice for that gamestop tourny.
Judging by these responses, I take it that this is new info. Which makes me believe my friend is either lying or just misheard what he was told. Could be they're getting it IN stores on that Friday. Either way I hope I can somehow invite myself over his house to play.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
I work at Blockbuster and I asked when they would get them in he told me Friday so thats probably what you heard. In as we have them in the back, but you may not touch, although I will beg them to let me stare at it for hours.

S2

Smash Lord
What I think is interesting is that while the initial rumor may have been fake, getting the game early is probably not a lie... due to the hundreds of players harassing stores.

Some store, somewhere is probably going to sell it early. Street Dates get broken all the time, but its usually by isolated stores.

IceDrake

Smash Apprentice
I work at Blockbuster and I asked when they would get them in he told me Friday so thats probably what you heard. In as we have them in the back, but you may not touch, although I will beg them to let me stare at it for hours.
I think my friend said they're selling it for $35. I'm guessing that means it requires a $15 up-front payment to pre-order it.

Slice

Smash Rookie
**** Socal Sears. I called all of the locations within 30 miles of me and none of them had any idea what I was talking about. :ohwell:

Azzizaz

Smash Apprentice
Here's a quick question:

What if I somehow manage to find a place selling Brawl early, and I want to cancel my GameStop pre order, is it possible that I can cancel it and get my money back, or am I stuck with buying it?

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
Here's a quick question:

What if I somehow manage to find a place selling Brawl early, and I want to cancel my GameStop pre order, is it possible that I can cancel it and get my money back, or am I stuck with buying it?
Yeah, you can drop the pre order but the money you reserved it with, can only go to getting gamestop items, i believe. I dropped my reservation of Sonic Heroes a while back when i reserved it and they gave me gamestop cash or something, they may have actually handed me the 50 or so bucks i reserved it with, but yeah, you could drop your reservation.

X Megadragon

Smash Cadet
Hmm... I didn't bother trying to call Sears. I already paid for Brawl in full at Gamestop.

Though it really aggravates me to see others getting the game early when the shouldn't be having it yet.

Grodus5

Smash Rookie
This topic is very depressing. I smell some people could consider this "cheating" at the Gamestop tournament. And I hate cheaters. Or people that get the game before me:(

Azzizaz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you can drop the pre order but the money you reserved it with, can only go to getting gamestop items, i believe. I dropped my reservation of Sonic Heroes a while back when i reserved it and they gave me gamestop cash or something, they may have actually handed me the 50 or so bucks i reserved it with, but yeah, you could drop your reservation.
That's good to hear =]

And about "cheaters", there's already a bunch of people with Japanese copies of Brawl. I'd worry about them before worrying about the people who got theirs from Sears.

hypernova

Smash Rookie
I checked my locals, and it's a no go.

Well, for everyone who does score an early copy, please note that I and everyone else hates you. We absolutely abhor you with a passion. It is nigh indescribable our contempt for you.

But that's only because we envy you so.

But we hate you more. :)

S2

Smash Lord
I called my Sears... they haven't even gotten the game in at all.

Given out disorganized that store can be, as Sears start to get more copies in, it wouldn't surprise me if some sold the game early.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
I think my friend said they're selling it for $35. I'm guessing that means it requires a $15 up-front payment to pre-order it.
No you can put as low as 5$ down, dunno where you saw it as 35$ unless he found some way to get more of a discount then employees do.

Top Bottom