• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Sears selling) Brawl (Released Early) >.<?

Masterem243

Smash Lord
As far as I've seen, It's online release only. It's being sold in select Sears locations, but only at like 5.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Go to the Sears page. Where it gives the description for Brawl it says: Release Date: 03/09/08. They will not ship it before that... -_-

•Col•

Smash Champion
Yeah, I've heard of this... All I know is that if they are selling them at Sears, they are only doing it at a FEW select locations... Haven't seen any evidence though...

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
It's possible, but not ALL Sears are doing it apparently. Just a couple of confused ones. Apparently there are a few English copies available on Ebay because of it.

That and ordering online (with premium shipping) says your order will arrive around the middle of next week. Sears much just be off it. Especially since it says the release date is the 9th on the page. Someone apparently messed up while putting that up on the site

End Game

Smash Journeyman
BS, out of all the places...Sears!? Who the hell orders Brawl from Sears >_>.
Exactly, which is why they are claiming to have it on stock so that people could order it online, only to recieve it a day or so after march 9th. And when you ask why the hell it took them so long they can claim it was some kind of mix up.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
They are 1 week and 3 days early >.< I couldn't tell if it was select or all of them... someone ring up a sears :p

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Ok, here's the info I got. You can only order it online; retail sale is out of the question. You'll have to pay about $15 extra (maybe less, I'm not 100% certain), and you'll have to wait 2 business days for delivery.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
the sears site says its in stock..but a lil more down in the page it says release date is 3/9/08..so idk if they really are shippin before then or u will just get it on that day or 1 or 2 days after that date. Best way to find out is call?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Ok, here's the info I got. You can only order it online; retail sale is out of the question. You'll have to pay about $15 extra (maybe less, I'm not 100% certain), and you'll have to wait 2 business days for delivery.
They'd ship it early? It's hardly worth the risk, because if they don't you get it the day after it's released.

Still though... I am hoping GameStop screws up and gives me my copy early since I ordered online... :(

Masterem243

Smash Lord
They'd ship it early? It's hardly worth the risk, because if they don't you get it the day after it's released.

Still though... I am hoping GameStop screws up and gives me my copy early since I ordered online... :(
At it's worst, you'd get the game from Sears 6 days early.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
I just called Sears and placed my order. Apparently, it's only available online for my Sears, so I gunned it.

The total came out to be $52.something, free shipping. Probably the same price you would pay at your local electronic store. The order says it will be coming in about 5 days.

If all goes well, I should have my copy by next Tuesday latest. If I were you, call your local Sears to see if they have it in stock and GRAB IT.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
What sort of demon trickery is this..... Anyone called to confirm yet?

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice
More than obvious photoshop lmfao

Look how the disc sits on that book...
The man's right. It's kinda obvious now that they did a bad job at just scaling down the image of the disk and just laying on the book...but then this is also support by my hope of this all not being true.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
I just called Sears and placed my order. Apparently, it's only available online for my Sears, so I gunned it.

The total came out to be $52.something, free shipping. Probably the same price you would pay at your local electronic store. The order says it will be coming in about 5 days.

If all goes well, I should have my copy by next Tuesday latest. If I were you, call your local Sears to see if they have it in stock and GRAB IT.
5 days countin the weekend? Cause usually when it comes to shipping they usually dont ship or start shipping unless its early in the week.

cynar

Smash Apprentice
Someone stole the screenshots from neogaf that were posted this morning/yesterday and sent RMC from gonintendo a BS story because he posts any crap under the sun. :p

/end thread

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Maybe trying to stop the bleeding after they realized their error? Probably not, but hooray for anybody who gets an early copy because of this.
I wonder how many people called about this, haha. She sounded pretty annoyed after I read the product number.

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice
Sadly it is true....I called my local Sears and apparently they had some in stock earlier today but only a few. I'm guessing the people in Sears' electronics department aren't too up on current release dates T_T...

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
Sadly it is true....I called my local Sears and apparently they had some in stock earlier today but only a few. I'm guessing the people in Sears' electronics department aren't too up on current release dates T_T...
lmao i just called too..they said that they sell around the clock -.-..and they might have had some this morning..idk i think its bs..im about to hit up the online store and see what they tell me.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Darn it, we need to find someone with the game to get the voice actors and dubs >.>

Top Bottom