• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Sears selling) Brawl (Released Early) >.<?

billywill

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to order one from Sears (figure I can cancel and bail if it doesn't ship soon)... but it's not letting me add the item to my shopping cart. My internet sucking or their disabling the process?
same won't let me add
(btw my mom not taking me to Sears :( so tomorrow if its true i can tell you guys)

shizzlee

Smash Apprentice
I just went to Sears and came up with nothing, Although, for kicks I called my Wal-Mart and they say they will have it on March 4. Awesome, although that could be a lie too.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
LOL Sears disabled it so you can't order it off their site anymore.

Hopefully those of us who managed to order before it was disabled get it early...

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
so wait can i just go on sears.com and add to cart and expect an email saying I will have brawl March 1-8??

Revven

FrankerZ
I just called two Sears stores (the ones that are nearest to me) and both didn't have them in stock. HOWEVER, one of them said they had four shipments and was going to get me to talk to an associate to see when one of those shipments would arrive, however the line was busy when she directed me to the department. I didn't bother leaving my information to get a call back because I figured there wouldn't be much point in it because something told me the person would be likely to say "March 4th" or something and I wouldn't be able to get it until the street date.

Regardless, this doesn't matter because I've got Brawl on reserve anyway. It was interesting to see if my Sears had it and apparently, they do not. So, I'm stuck with no Brawl until the release like the majority of you. Hopefully, one of you lucks out from the online order and gets it tomorrow or Friday. Please, let us know as soon as you can.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I just called two Sears stores (the ones that are nearest to me) and both didn't have them in stock. HOWEVER, one of them said they had four shipments and was going to get me to talk to an associate to see when one of those shipments would arrive, however the line was busy when she directed me to the department. I didn't bother leaving my information to get a call back because I figured there wouldn't be much point in it because something told me the person would be likely to say "March 4th" or something and I wouldn't be able to get it until the street date.

Regardless, this doesn't matter because I've got Brawl on reserve anyway. It was interesting to see if my Sears had it and apparently, they do not. So, I'm stuck with no Brawl until the release like the majority of you. Hopefully, one of you lucks out from the online order and gets it tomorrow or Friday. Please, let us know as soon as you can.
That seems doubtful, my confirmation email said Tuesday, but my order said it would be 2-4 business days. So Friday is a possibility if anyone gets lucky.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
Called up 2 more a bit further away. One had no clue, the other said I was the 7th person who called about it lol.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
The two I called said they didn't, but one suggested calling on friday because they get shipments of stuff in those days so I'll try again.

Poel

Smash Cadet
I was responded to with laughter, and (in the background to his friend) "another one!"... ****. No smash bros for me.

EDIT: They took it off the website.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I called. Mine said it will be getting it by the weekend and that I'm more than welcome to go buy it o_O

Tried to buy it on eBay, but was already sold out. Frown ;_;

lilsquish89

Smash Rookie
I called a nearby Sears, and they said they didn't have it in stock, but they could ship it to me. Being a smashaholic (I can't live without smashahol!), I ordered it immediately. I just checked Sears.com, and it says Brawl should arrive in five days, and I just received a confirmation email.

In summary, I'm stoked.

greengoldmelo

Smash Rookie
man...i jus called one by me...and as soon as he picked up and i asked the question he asked was it smash bros...and he said they had SOLD ALL THEIR COPIES and SO HAD ALL THE OTHERS IN THE AREA!! im so mad....

SomeRandomGuy

Smash Journeyman
I called a nearby Sears, and they said they didn't have it in stock, but they could ship it to me. Being a smashaholic (I can't live without smashahol!), I ordered it immediately. I just checked Sears.com, and it says Brawl should arrive in five days, and I just received a confirmation email.

In summary, I'm stoked.
When did you call?

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
I just called mine. When I got the electronics department I said, "I was wondering if you have a specific video game in stock." The guy on the phone responded with, "Is it Smash Bros? We don't have any at the store but, you can order online."

That poor guy has probably been getting the same call for hours.

SomeRandomGuy

Smash Journeyman
I just called mine. When I got the electronics department I said, "I was wondering if you have a specific video game in stock." The guy on the phone responded with, "Is it Smash Bros? We don't have any at the store but, you can order online."

Order me one too! (lulz. NOW!)

Tin

Smash Journeyman

In summary, I'm stoked.
Did you get a confirmation email? What is your Standard Expected Arrival Date?

Mine is 03/08/08. A little late for an "early" release.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord

Probably. It seems like everyone and their brother is calling Sears about the game. As long as they keep failing and ship those of us who ordered it copies, then that's great.

Since they figured it out on the online store (and you can't order it now), I'm a bit worried... hoping for the best though..

Mine is 3/4/08. You probably picked the wrong shipping option. I got the $15 overnight air whatever. I don't use sears so I don't know what they call it.

Edit: and under order tracking, it says arrives in 2 days. So I say 2-4 days. Friday-Tuesday as long as they actually ship it.

lilsquish89

Smash Rookie
Did you get a confirmation email? What is your Standard Expected Arrival Date?

Yup, mine says 3/08/08 too, but if I track my order status at Sears' website, it says it'll take five days. Plus, they haven't shipped it yet, so when that email comes, I'll know when it's actually coming. Fingers crossed! :)

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
i tried Sears and K-mart near me. Sears was "busy assisting other customers," but K-mart said they had sold out and were expecting another shipment sometime later this week. I have 2 other K-marts to call now though, so wish me luck.

K.K:King Kirby

Smash Rookie
When I checked my local Sears they said that they had the game in stock and said it would be delivered in a week or less(I have not ordered it though. Is there a difference in the boxart for Japan and America? If so what is the difference?

billywill

Smash Journeyman
You have reached this page because the product you selected is no longer available on our site, or is temporarily out of stock due to high demand.
lol thats what sears.com says if you check brawl

Smash Cadet
I called Sears here and she said they don't know when the shipment is coming out. I'm going to try again Friday.

Then I called K-mart and the ****** there said "It isn't due out for another four weeks."

NUUUU DELAY!! [ /sarcasm]

Top Bottom