• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Sears selling) Brawl (Released Early) >.<?

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I checked my locals, and it's a no go.

Well, for everyone who does score an early copy, please note that I and everyone else hates you. We absolutely abhor you with a passion. It is nigh indescribable our contempt for you.

But that's only because we envy you so.

But we hate you more. :)
Meh, I don't hate 'em. If my friend got it, I'd be praising him and begging him to play, not really but still... I want to play the game now, because March 10ish is when all my exams and assignments are due XD.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
FYI, to the people saying "Sears said it was sold out":

A lot of the people working there are clueless about these types of things. They probably just check the shelf, and if they don't see it they assume it's sold out. That or they check the computer to see if it's available at the time and if it says the store doesn't have any for sale (even if they have not sold any) they will probably still tell you it's sold out.

It's safe to say not every Sears that says "it's sold out" actually had the game in stock and sold it.

DayOldBagel

Smash Rookie
i called my local sears...the guy just laughed and said that they are getting them on the 9th. i have a best buy, target, and walmart nearby, so i should be fine

fr0st2k

Smash Journeyman
This thread is STILL GOING?!?!?!?!? NOT a single retailer has gotten the game shipped to them yet. So no one could have sold it. I work at target currently, and we wont be getting until until next week.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
This thread is STILL GOING?!?!?!?!? NOT a single retailer has gotten the game shipped to them yet. So no one could have sold it. I work at target currently, and we wont be getting until until next week.
That's not true considering there was already a picture in this thread of a case of Brawl games. Also, how would you know a single retailer hasn't gotten it yet? Is Nintendo just supposed to let 2 million copies of Brawl sit in their warehouse until the 6th?

They have shipped, without a doubt. I don't think every retailer has gotten them in yet, but I am sure that some are already receiving their initial shipments based off Nintendo's statements and the photo evidence.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
IDK, I tend to believe Buzz and Sugar as VERY reliable sources, and they say they saw it. So, therefore it's CONFIRMED that this is happening. Ergh, I didn't know Sears sold video games. I thought they only sold washer and driers, and the likes! :laugh:

Antinegative

Smash Apprentice
IDK, I tend to believe Buzz and Sugar as VERY reliable sources, and they say they saw it. So, therefore it's CONFIRMED that this is happening. Ergh, I didn't know Sears sold video games. I thought they only sold washer and driers, and the likes! :laugh:
Maybe they should stick to washers and driers; they apparently suck at selling video games.

....but perhaps they suck like a fox

shizzlee

Smash Apprentice
The game is at my Wal-Mart but they won't sell it until the release date. I feel like asking my cousin to steal a copy since he works there. He already stole one for himself. He doesn't even have a Wii and he won't give it to me or sell it to me. I will beat the crap out of him tomorrow at school. I hope they find out that he stole a copy and fire him. I feel like ratting him out for not giving me the game and he doesn't even have a Wii.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The game is at my Wal-Mart but they won't sell it until the release date. I feel like asking my cousin to steal a copy since he works there. He already stole one for himself. He doesn't even have a Wii and he won't give it to me or sell it to me. I will beat the crap out of him tomorrow at school. I hope they find out that he stole a copy and fire him. I feel like ratting him out for not giving me the game and he doesn't even have a Wii.
The point that he stole it from his workplace suggests me to that he doesn't care too much about his job anyway

KungLao

Smash Rookie
Talk about coming in NOT knowing what you are talking about :laugh:

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
It's good to know they are already shipping the game to stores. That makes me feel far better about securing a copy on March 9th.

9 more days guys, not very long. I'm hoping this game will sell over 2 Million copies at launch, I think I've already convinced at least 1 other person to buy it.

Gabbo

Smash Rookie
heh

i called about 7 different sears all within 100 ish miles of me,

most said that they havent gotten a shipment in yet, while none of them said that they had sold any or were sold out, only one store knew the correct release date all the rest said that they were expecting a shipment this weekened and that i could expect them to be on the shelves around monday. most of the people working in the stores sounded like they were completely clueless to the fact that there was a release date.

with the actual release date being so close anyway it doesnt really seem worth the goose chase at this point.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
So, the store near my house apparently WAS selling it.

No, not trolling, not kidding, they were very much so selling it yesterday morning. They sold out.

Yes it was Brawl. Yes the person repeated to me that they WERE selling it earlier the day before in the morning, and YES I'm ****ing annoyed that I didn't catch wind of this in time to take advantage. Because I would have. And it would've been sweet.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
U americans are lucky. I gotta wait one more week for it to come to asia. Dang.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
I would hate to work in sears right now.

...Well I'd hate to work in Sears period, but you know what I'm getting at.

On a sidenote, does this mean that places have recieved there copies of brawl? In regards to the wii freeloader, I'm just thinking that if there already out in the big wide world, then the only way to combat the freeloader is with an optional update.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
they cant seriously still be selling it
They aren't, Sears online realized the mistake 2 days ago. I am sure they would have sent it around to make sure that game does not get sold early.

In fact, I will probably not even get my copy before release from Sears. I got the confirmation email a few minutes after I placed the order but I still have yet to receive shipping confirmation. It should have shipped out by now since I paid for premium shipping. I doubt I'll get it before release from Sears, but I'll give it until next Tuesday or Wednesday before I cancel it just in case.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Drat, of all the days NOT to be online, I could've had it, I've always had remarkable luck getting games early (I got Pokemon Gold and Silver 3 days early, several Wii games the day before Wii came out, one of the Sims expansion packs several days early and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III a day before it came out.)

O well, if stores are ALREADY receiving Brawl, a street-date break will likely happen again. Somebody should create a catch-all "Street Date breaks" thread.

S2

Smash Lord
I've stated before that many stores haven't even gotten their shipments yet.

Guranteed Street Date Breaking is going to come from some retailer.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I Got it from someone who bought it from sears and Yes i live in the Bay Area!
Do you realize how many **** places in the world are named Bay Area?

IDK, I tend to believe Buzz and Sugar as VERY reliable sources, and they say they saw it. So, therefore it's CONFIRMED that this is happening. Ergh, I didn't know Sears sold video games. I thought they only sold washer and driers, and the likes!
Those who don't believe this happened,

Cry moar, losers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPuesnIp0VY

And yes, Sears sells video games.

S2

Smash Lord
Considering that the "Bay Area" refers to a huge part of Northern California which holds a major world city, the place is widely known in the states under that name... it seemed pretty straight forward where he was referring to.

For those who don't know, its the large area around San Francisco. That's the least technical way to explain what it encompasses for those who don't live around there.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Considering that the "Bay Area" refers to a huge part of Northern California which holds a major world city, the place is widely known in the states under that name... it seemed pretty straight forward where he was referring to.
Still, the area around me is called Bay Area, and there's schools named after it, streets named after it, and so maybe he lived near me XD

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice
Close this thread already. Sears did not sell Brawl. It was all a misunderstanding that went way out of hand. Unless anyone who actually managed to obtain a copy posts a video or a never before seen image, do not claim this to be true. Plus that you tube link Dogenzaka posted is from a person who lives in Europe who managed to snag a US copy, he will not reveal his supplier and is just posting videos/updates on differences between the JP and US versions.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I tried like 10 sears and 4 kmarts, the only luck I got was one saying they had them but they couldnt sell it to me until the release date :/

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
What about the people who said Sears said they sold out?

Mine personally told me they should be receiving copies in a couple of days (they told me this on Wednesday) and they said it should be on sale then. I'm going to call and ask today to see if they got it in.

Top Bottom