• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Sears selling) Brawl (Released Early) >.<?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Of course, those copies are sitting in the back of the store, you can tell by the background.

And yeah, my dad works at Walmart, the system will say something like "Not available for purchase" or something when it's scanned and the cashier can't sell it to you.

JoshuaAmaron

Smash Cadet
I work at Wal-Mart.. I'll be there tomorrow and check to see if they're in the electronics lock up. :D If they are.... <.< >.> I'll let you know. LOL

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
i ordered online but havent gotten the confirmation e-mail yet. When did u guys get yours? I'm so nervouse i could wet myself...
I got my confirmation email about 5 minutes or so after I ordered, maybe 10. It wasn't too long after I ordered though. :ohwell:

Laser_smasher

Smash Rookie
I know that picture of the Brawl stand is enough confirmation.

But, I just called, and they told me that the game sold this morning very fast.
And that (southern california, riverside county) will get their shipments (they don't know if brawl is in that shipment) on Wednesday and Friday.

That's what they told me...

Wow, this is 110% real.

(first post on smashboards!)

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Man, that's A LOT of copies. Sold out on the first day huh? Sounds like the Wii all over again...thank god that I pre-ordered.

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
I just called my Sear's and they told me:
"We have received many calls about this, apparently it was released online early and in some stores but we werent one of them, as far as I know we will be getting it in stock on March 9th."
So guess I am outta luck, oh well.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Called 2 Sears and one K-mart. K-mart guy knew nothing (didn't even know that the game hadn't come out yet), first Sears said that it would be released on March 9. Second Sears said "We haven't recieved our shipment yet." Hopefully means that there's a shipment to be recieved.

TheBackHorn

Smash Rookie
Why hasn't anyone that actually GOT the game posted yet?

...Oh, that's right, they're probably playing that ****

edit: dang, this is my first post?

Minty

Smash Apprentice
lmao i called walmart n i asked about super smash bros brawl. This guy was liek what? and in the background he asked "Do we have a super mario smash bros" Lol he came back sorry we just have the regular one

Kynesis

Smash Rookie
Why hasn't anyone that actually GOT the game posted yet?

...Oh, that's right, they're probably playing that ****

edit: dang, this is my first post?
I'm sure some lucky person on the boards got the game, and like you said they are probably happily enjoying their good fortune...

surfingnc

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I just called the Sears hotline and asked them around what date the game would ship and she said that Sears itself didn't ship the game. She told me that the vendor (supplier) would ship the orders directly, so I think that if the vendor ends up being Nintendo, us that preordered from sears.com might not get until AFTER march 9.

yet so far my confirmation email says 3/04/08 for the estimated delivery date. hopefully it is a different vendor.

Minty

Smash Apprentice
ROFL... I just called Kmart and asked for Do you have any super smash bros brawl in stock? THe lady was like hold on and she transfer me to the ladies department, the lady there asked me "How can i help you" i said "DO you have super smash bros brawl in stock?" She said "Do you want a bra?" So i asked her to transfer me to the electronic section and then i asked Do you have super smash bros brawl? he puts me on hold for like 10 mins he comes back "Are you sure its not Smack Down Vs Raw?" ROFL

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just called the Sears hotline and asked them around what date the game would ship and she said that Sears itself didn't ship the game. She told me that the vendor (supplier) would ship the orders directly, so I think that if the vendor ends up being Nintendo, us that preordered from sears.com might not get until AFTER march 9.

yet so far my confirmation email says 3/04/08 for the estimated delivery date. hopefully it is a different vendor.
She probably meant that it comes from the warehouses, and not the individual Sears stores you would shop at. Online orders don't go through Nintendo... that is for sure.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Urgh... I'd call my Sears and K-Mart, but it's too late for me to be going out. I had planned on going out tomorrow, so I'll definitely be calling tomorrow. I'm afraid I'll find out they DID have them in stock, but they sold out. If I'm told the game doesn't come out yet or they don't know what it is, I won't mind as much.

I just don't wanna call now though. I live in a rather slow area when it comes to newly released Nintendo games - slow enough that I'm not concerned with pre-ordering Brawl. But the last thing I wanna do is possibly bring their attention to this whole situation, then come tomorrow I find out they put up whatever stock they had on the shelves. =(

Kirbykares

Smash Cadet
ROFL... I just called Kmart and asked for Do you have any super smash bros brawl in stock? THe lady was like hold on and she transfer me to the ladies department, the lady there asked me "How can i help you" i said "DO you have super smash bros brawl in stock?" She said "Do you want a bra?" So i asked her to transfer me to the electronic section and then i asked Do you have super smash bros brawl? he puts me on hold for like 10 mins he comes back "Are you sure its not Smack Down Vs Raw?" ROFL
LMAO:laugh:

Kirbykares

Smash Cadet
i dont have my confirmation e-mail yet, but i went to order status on sears.com and it said arrival date is 2 days. Should i go by that?

EDIT: Sorry for double post.

surfingnc

Smash Cadet
She probably meant that it comes from the warehouses, and not the individual Sears stores you would shop at. Online orders don't go through Nintendo... that is for sure.
I called the Sears hotline, not my local sears.
She told me it would ship directly from the vendor, who ever it is (maybe Nintendo, hopefully not).

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
dammnit sears i dont need this, its like salt in the wounds which were inflicted by the multiple delays.....the thought of some people getting to play the NA version of brawl right now, while i have had mine pre-ordered for like a year sucks. Oh well i can make it like the 10 days or so.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I just called my sears and they say that the site is messed up and will be fixed shortly.

Kirbykares

Smash Cadet
Alright guys, im giving up for the night. hopefully someone with the game will post a video or something. See ya guys later, good luck:)

surfingnc

Smash Cadet
i dont have my confirmation e-mail yet, but i went to order status on sears.com and it said arrival date is 2 days. Should i go by that?

EDIT: Sorry for double post.
No, you should get an order confirmation email soon (not a shipment confirmation) and it should say the estimated delivery date and this depends on the shipping method you used. The only thing is that you won't really know when you will get it until you get a shipment confirmation and I don't think anyone's gotten that yet.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
No, you should get an order confirmation email soon (not a shipment confirmation) and it should say the estimated delivery date and this depends on the shipping method you used. The only thing is that you won't really know when you will get it until you get a shipment confirmation and I don't think anyone's gotten that yet.
True, I have not gotten a shipment confirmation, only the order confirmation email. However, those tend to come a bit later, due to order processing. I'd expect that email to come tomorrow, or possibly Monday.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I ordered it off site before they took it off, said arrival date is 2 days. Think I'll still get it?
Really? I wasn't even able to add it to my shopping cart. It simply wouldn't add and said there was a system error. An hour later, the page had disappeared.

Good luck, but chances are they will refund you.

Chexr

Smash Ace
It was only one store that broke the date and the guy is getting fired. All their copies were sold and you'll all have to wait for the normal date

Chexr

Smash Ace
no proof you'll just have to trust me XD its from a topic on luelinks but Im not saying more about it =x

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
It was only one store that broke the date and the guy is getting fired. All their copies were sold and you'll all have to wait for the normal date
i think he merely wants to quell the masses so he can improve his own chances of getting the game. I have heard accounts from multiple store locations of selling shipments they got in today/before. Therefore it was not simply one guy and one store.(besides, there needs to be multiple people to stock something and check it into the system if it is a new item...so definately +1 guy).

SamDvds

Smash Ace
yea that pic is definately in the back of the store. when i worked at Sam Goody we got CD's and Movies held in back for like a week or 2 before the release date. If any store is caught breaking the street date that = a major lawsuit...same goes for music & movies, so i doubt its worth it to them.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
NOA smited Sears for selling Gamecubes a week early before their release. Sears, prepare for NOA again.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I bet they could be selling it early. When I walked in there last week, I had a feeling that they had Brawl.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Great news! My friend works at a new opening Target and are receiving Brawl shipments!
Bad news! The store opens on March 9th. ;__;

Top Bottom