• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
ok so i just got 3.2 running from a USB with nintendont on my wii

everything works great! i'm gonna try to get side events going in my scene.

one question though, is there a way I can just order a gamecube memory card with SDRemix lite on it? that would be awesome.

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
ok so i just got 3.2 running from a USB with nintendont on my wii

everything works great! i'm gonna try to get side events going in my scene.

one question though, is there a way I can just order a gamecube memory card with SDRemix lite on it? that would be awesome.
I've been toying with the idea. I got an order of 20 memory cards in bulk a little while ago for about 3 dollars a piece, and using USPS with padded large envelopes, I should theoretically be able to sell them out of my home for $5 (USD) to anywhere in the USA, assuming I can get the envelopes for cheap as well. There are three things stopping me from doing this:
  1. If distributing SDR Lite outside of my city, I'd like to have a guarantee that it will work no matter what version of NTSC Melee they have. Fortunately, the NTSC version of SDR Lite (which works with v1.00 and v1.01 as well as v1.02) is in private beta, so it's feature complete, and it's close to a public beta, so that's not far from completion.
  2. I've never sold anything before like this, especially outside of my local area, so I'd want to do some trial run of it before attempting to do it for real.
  3. I'm a bit worried about liability and scale. $5 would practically be selling the thing at cost, so I don't really have much time or money to deal with if things go wrong.
My plan is to just use the 20 memory cards I have and distribute memory cards with SDR Lite on it for 3 bucks locally at Smash events. If that goes well, I would continue to sell them locally at events I attend.

Let me know if you have suggestions on it, though.

Hey, this crashes on Nintendont while on a USB stick whenever I click start on the Results Screen. Also, sometimes it just fails to load the SSS. and one time the CSS. Melee works fine, just not the SD Remix. I am on Melee 1.02 and SD Remix 3.2 (not lite). Gamecube controller and emulated mem card.
I've tried to reproduce your issue, but I'm not getting the same results. I took a vanilla version of SSBM v1.02, I patched it with the "v1.02 to SD Remix 3.2" xdelta patch, then I put it on my usb device under USB:/games/SDRE32/game.iso. I changed Nintendont to use an emulated memory card. I've successfully been able to get past the results screen back to the CSS.
Some things you might want to consider:
  • The speed of your USB device: if my USB device is slow, I find I'm not able to play games on it, and it'll just hang, usually when the game boots up.
  • The integrity of your game.iso: It's possible that it might be the ISO that's the problem. Make sure you're using the correct patch to patch your game, depending on the version of the vanilla SSBM ISO you have. In your case, it would be the "v1.02 to SD Remix 3.2" patch: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m43c7h7i8vgdhzb/SDR3_2_for_v1_02.xdelta
Let me know if it's still giving you problems.

Last edited:

HillustratedJ36

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MIKE#274
Recently started playing 3.2 (full) and I liked the new stage selection screen...also, the new ID should be on GameTDB...along with custom covers and disc...

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
I've tried to reproduce your issue, but I'm not getting the same results. I took a vanilla version of SSBM v1.02, I patched it with the "v1.02 to SD Remix 3.2" xdelta patch, then I put it on my usb device under USB:/games/SDRE32/game.iso. I changed Nintendont to use an emulated memory card. I've successfully been able to get past the results screen back to the CSS.
Some things you might want to consider:
  • The speed of your USB device: if my USB device is slow, I find I'm not able to play games on it, and it'll just hang, usually when the game boots up.
  • The integrity of your game.iso: It's possible that it might be the ISO that's the problem. Make sure you're using the correct patch to patch your game, depending on the version of the vanilla SSBM ISO you have. In your case, it would be the "v1.02 to SD Remix 3.2" patch: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m43c7h7i8vgdhzb/SDR3_2_for_v1_02.xdelta
Let me know if it's still giving you problems.
Hey, thanks for replying. I patched it with the correct version, and the ISO is fine, as I have both SD Remix and Vanilla on my USB and the Vanilla Melee works just fine. I don't know if the folder name has anything to do with it, as my path is USB:/games/SDRemix/game.iso. It happens most with unlockable characters such as Roy, Pichu, and Mewtwo. It could be my flash drive as it is just a cheap ~$12 8gb flash drive.

_glook

Hey, thanks for replying. I patched it with the correct version, and the ISO is fine, as I have both SD Remix and Vanilla on my USB and the Vanilla Melee works just fine. I don't know if the folder name has anything to do with it, as my path is USB:/games/SDRemix/game.iso. It happens most with unlockable characters such as Roy, Pichu, and Mewtwo. It could be my flash drive as it is just a cheap ~$12 8gb flash drive.
Assuming your ISO is good (you may want to try it out in Dolphin, just in case), it could be that the changes we've made to the files in SD Remix aren't as simple as the files from normal Melee, and requires a faster USB drive. There's definitely instabilities associated with read speeds. Do you get any issues with 20XX or MNCB, if you've tried them?

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Assuming your ISO is good (you may want to try it out in Dolphin, just in case), it could be that the changes we've made to the files in SD Remix aren't as simple as the files from normal Melee, and requires a faster USB drive. There's definitely instabilities associated with read speeds. Do you get any issues with 20XX or MNCB, if you've tried them?
Haven't tried them. I may just buy a USB hard drive. Have any good ones that are guaranteed to work with SD Remix?

_glook

Haven't tried them. I may just buy a USB hard drive. Have any good ones that are guaranteed to work with SD Remix?
I personally only go with SD Cards, as there is more general support for them and there's already documentation on what SD cards work on various sites.

That being said, google gave me this as the first result, but I have no idea if it's any good.

Edit: The search term I used in google was "wii usb compatibility". Some of the other links may be helpful as well.

Last edited:

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
I personally only go with SD Cards, as there is more general support for them and there's already documentation on what SD cards work on various sites.

That being said, google gave me this as the first result, but I have no idea if it's any good.

Edit: The search term I used in google was "wii usb compatibility". Some of the other links may be helpful as well.
Thanks. I'll look into it.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Just wanna drop by and say how awesome the mod is! Thanks SDR team!
First time playing Pichu and he feels very relevant.

and I'm gonna wait for that universal Lite version to come out so I could spread it around my locals.

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
I think that's because grabs are considered physical hits, and they also have random elements, which cancels the grab, which basically means you can't grab with it turned on.
Project M's Turbo Mode had a simlar issue in prototyping, because grabs cancelled. The result was a character becoming fused to the grabber, because it never reached the proper action state.

_glook

I always thought it was just the Secure Digital part of an SD card, the popular way of loading homebrew onto Wiis.
In all seriousness, if anyone is curious, it stands for "Standard Definition". This is a reference to "Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix", where the HD stands for "High Definition", as SD Remix is trying to do gameplay wise for Melee what HD Remix did for Street Fighter II.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Trying to access single-button mode in special smash causes dolphin to crash, I really think its an important part of the game. Please fix. :)

_glook

I've decided and go ahead and post a public beta of the NTSC SDR Lite save file. If you want to try it out, go ahead. (The save file is attached to this post).

Trying to access single-button mode in special smash causes dolphin to crash, I really think its an important part of the game. Please fix. :)
Thanks for pointing that out. I took a look at it, and it doesn't look trivial to fix with the debug tools I have. I'll probably have to port changes over to DRGN's DOL manager so I can easily turn things on and off to see where the issue is taking place.

Attachments

Last edited:

_glook

So @ _glook _glook some SquidKid told me you are involved in some project revival biz? What is that. ._.
I'm actually not sure what you're referring to.

Incorrect. Full version unlocks stages and characters.
Which annoys me because music.
Yes, though all events are unlocked as well. In addition to score display is also unlocked.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I wasn't able to recreate it but I found a bug where falco would freeze-float in the air in the charging up part of Firebird animation and the fire effects weren't there.

-Lite v1.00
-Battlefield (alt. bg version)
-Pichu v. Falco

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
I wasn't able to recreate it but I found a bug where falco would freeze-float in the air in the charging up part of Firebird animation and the fire effects weren't there.

-Lite v1.00
-Battlefield (alt. bg version)
-Pichu v. Falco
I was playing around and had a similar problem.

I was playing as Ness against Dr. Mario in Training Mode. It was played in Omega Battlefield. Trying to use PK Flash crashed the game.

Version: SDR Lite on Melee version 1.02 with DIOS MIOS.

_glook

I was playing around and had a similar problem.

I was playing as Ness against Dr. Mario in Training Mode. It was played in Omega Battlefield. Trying to use PK Flash crashed the game.

Version: SDR Lite on Melee version 1.02 with DIOS MIOS.
I think the use of the alternate stage is messing things up. Unfortunately, I think the best solution is simply to turn off the altered backgrounds for now. After fixing a few other bugs, I'll post an updated beta.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Dorf's Up B sometimes fails to get off the ground after performing certain actions (like L-Canceling Dair/taunting after) on certain locations on the map.

Stage: Corneria (all variations; don't ask).

_glook

Dorf's Up B sometimes fails to get off the ground after performing certain actions (like L-Canceling Dair/taunting after) on certain locations on the map.

Stage: Corneria (all variations; don't ask).
Was this in v1.00? Edit: Been trying with 4 Ganondorfs on Alpha Corneria. I can't seem to reproduce the issue, and I've tried L-cancelling and taunting on every part of the map.

Edit: Here's a new public beta attached.
  • Omega battlefield is now the same as Alpha battlefield, to hopefully get rid of those instabilities.
  • Ness no longer crashes in v1.02 and he works properly in v1.00 and v1.01 (no longer has huge knockback on dash attack, among other things).
  • Alpha Pokemon Stadium is fixed in v1.00 and v1.01.
  • Dynamic FoD removed. It helped a bit, but lag still exists in certain cases, like four Bowsers doing flame wars. As a result, it doesn't completely resolve the lag issue, which means it's removed for now.

Attachments

Last edited:

_glook

Tried on Omega Corneria and War Zone. Still happens so far.

Will try again after downloading the beta.

EDIT: Is this beta Lite-only?
Yes, this is Lite.

Also, I guess you were saying that the bug is in the full version. I've just tried it and I can reproduce it. I guess there's a programming error in the full version that breaks Corneria for Ganondorf :(. I'll take a look at it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Top Bottom