• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

TheSmoothLander

Smash Cadet
In my experience, 3rd party memory cards have a higher chance of data corruption from even just standard use (as opposed to complete save transfers). Try the whole procedure with a Nyko and let us know.
Okay the Nyko just sloved every issue I was running into, the reason I didn't use it before because it had all my saves on there and I was afraid to use it.

Thanks for the help @ sdremix_troubleshooter sdremix_troubleshooter and @ _glook _glook

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Okay the Nyko just sloved every issue I was running into, the reason I didn't use it before because it had all my saves on there and I was afraid to use it.

Thanks for the help @ sdremix_troubleshooter sdremix_troubleshooter and @ _glook _glook
You know you can use GCMM to make a backup of the saves from your memory card to your computer too? That would prevent any corruption accident.

Also, maybe copying from your Nyko to the other buggy might work because of maybe mysterious reasons (like GC BIOS is the solution to it), so it would give you the possibility of having multiple custom files for Melee.

TheSmoothLander

Smash Cadet
You know you can use GCMM to make a backup of the saves from your memory card to your computer too? That would prevent any corruption accident.

Also, maybe copying from your Nyko to the other buggy might work because of maybe mysterious reasons (like GC BIOS is the solution to it), so it would give you the possibility of having multiple custom files for Melee.
That's what I did to my old Melee save file.

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'

I'm sorry your initial card hard so many issues, though now that I'm aware of this, I'm going to add to the installation instructions warning about memory cards and GCMM.

@ _glook _glook
Great job on the bada$$ coding for SDRL. It's awesome seeing your dream come to light, while innovating the hacking scene at the same time. Did you ever look into using multiple save files to hold data?

Also, I think it would be worth it to take out the functionality of a few of the functions (patches for PlCo, player files, and Kirby hats), to give the community a memory card version of regular Melee with extra stages. I imagine this wouldn't take too long on your end.

Fantastic work!
Thanks! I was thinking about doing something with multiple save files, but in the end, I wanted SDR Lite to be as simple as possible for people to use, at least as a first release. Future releases will definitely include options for multiple save files.
You're right in that it's trivial to remove character changing functionality; at the very least, you'd just have to remove the direct overwrites for the three functions, any your could remove array overwrites and patch data for them as well to free up space. There are some other stuff required for a full release of a project like that, though, including figuring out what secondary goals such a project would want to achieve, and then changing the other functions and visual changes to match that project's vision. Given the current modding landscape, Melee Netplay Community Build would probably be the best project to release that under, as that's the project with the vision that's closest aligned, but it could also be included as part of other mods, like flieskiller's minigame mod, as he pointed out. I could also imagine that a 20XX Lite could also work, to include some of the nice training options that aren't in 20XXTE. I personally don't feel like leading such an endeavor, but since it's so easy to do, I'd be willing to help execute someone else's vision if they wanted and help on their memcard mods that wanted to add stages to their projects. To that end, I could release a rudimentary command line tool that generate patch files and memcard hacks (I would eventually like to build something like that for myself that is better than my current tools, especially one that works directly with gci files instead of going through Dolphin). In fact, I should probably just work on such a tool anyway, since I already kinda know the ins and outs of it, basically a memory card version of Durgan's DOL manager. That might have to wait until after SDR Lite for v1.00, though.

Edit: I'm up for helping people add stages to their memcard hacks in the meantime, though, even without the tool in place.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Sorry I'm late for release (I took a little time off).

Amazing @ _glook _glook . Just amazing.

(Still waiting for 3.2 full, though)

NMH

Smash Rookie
I installed SDR 3.2 Lite on a memory card, and it starts up fine when I load it from Dios Mios Lite, but when I tried it on a regular GameCube it froze at Name Entry in the Vs. Menu. Unfortunately I lost my copy of Melee so I can only test in Dios Mios and Nintendont (also works there btw.) except when I'm at a smash fest or something. Does anyone have any ideas to try to fix this?

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
I installed SDR 3.2 Lite on a memory card, and it starts up fine when I load it from Dios Mios Lite, but when I tried it on a regular GameCube it froze at Name Entry in the Vs. Menu. Unfortunately I lost my copy of Melee so I can only test in Dios Mios and Nintendont (also works there btw.) except when I'm at a smash fest or something. Does anyone have any ideas to try to fix this?
Are you sure you have Melee 1.02? This is important, since it only works for 1.02 and crashes on the other two versions for the moment. Instructions on how to check are here, specifically the "What version do I have?" section. The other sections don't matter in this case.

Last edited:

_glook

As _Freeze_ said, if it's crashing at the Name Entry screen, it sounds like you're not using it with v1.02. Currently, there's only one save file that supports v1.02, and a v1.00 is in the works.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Glook, I know I've already stated this basic idea, but you could probably put both versions on one memory card.

Place two save files on the memory card.
Exploit starts and first thing that happens is it checks game version. If v1.00, change memory card file name to Save B, load data, then continue with exploit.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I also want to mention that unless you have a real memory card that SDRLite will also crash on Nintendont. Dunno why, it just does.
Thanks for info.I was about to try this myself,oh well I'll wait for full release.

_glook

Glook, I know I've already stated this basic idea, but you could probably put both versions on one memory card.

Place two save files on the memory card.
Exploit starts and first thing that happens is it checks game version. If v1.00, change memory card file name to Save B, load data, then continue with exploit.
I just realized I could put a branch at 8045F8F8 (using v1.2) that branches back 1FC8 to get to the normal payload, so that it works properly when using it with a v1.00 game. I guess I could have put both v1.00 and v1.02 in the same memory card after all instead of making separate save files :(. Alternatively, I could just put a secondary payload in 8045F8F8 that does an alternate set of things specific to v1.00.
Ah well, I can just make v1.00 the dual release. I'd like to try and get it all working in one memory card if I can (it makes it easier for people to copy) but having two save files on one memory card is probably better than having multiple different save files for people to manage.
I'm going to have to rethink the structure of SDRL to manage multiple game versions in mind. Memory cards are cheap nowadays, and people can probably have a memory card dedicated to SDRL if they wanted, so space shouldn't be a huge concern.
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm gonna go back and restructure some things.

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
For Omega Battlefield, could it be changed to have the same background as it does in 1-Player Mode?

VS. Mode Battlefield:

1-P Mode Battlefield:
upload_2015-7-14_16-26-58.png

Garred

Smash Rookie
Damn I didn't even know this existed til a nice person linked it to me :o heres a post I made on another melee mod.

"You thinking of working on characters in the future? costumes, buffs, etc.
If you do, it should just be low tiers that get changed. buff them to compete with the higher tiers. so we can have more character variety. sure thats probably what PM's for. but PM also nerfed the higher tiers in same ways. in an attempt to make everybody balanced. IMHO I think that is the reason why most Melee players frown on PM. they changed too much. Justin Wong said something in an interview that I agree with is that "there should never be nerfs to characters instead buff lower tiers that rival the stronger characters to make the game more fun."

example for an idea. Bowser - give him some kind of super armor mechanic. change his crappy neutral B for a projectile fire ball. have his OP ledge attack persist past 100%. or if you hate change just buff the already existing stuff to be better."

Cant wait to try this!

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
Damn I didn't even know this existed til a nice person linked it to me :o heres a post I made on another melee mod.

"You thinking of working on characters in the future? costumes, buffs, etc.
If you do, it should just be low tiers that get changed. buff them to compete with the higher tiers. so we can have more character variety. sure thats probably what PM's for. but PM also nerfed the higher tiers in same ways. in an attempt to make everybody balanced. IMHO I think that is the reason why most Melee players frown on PM. they changed too much. Justin Wong said something in an interview that I agree with is that "there should never be nerfs to characters instead buff lower tiers that rival the stronger characters to make the game more fun."

example for an idea. Bowser - give him some kind of super armor mechanic. change his crappy neutral B for a projectile fire ball. have his OP ledge attack persist past 100%. or if you hate change just buff the already existing stuff to be better."

Cant wait to try this!
Character changes have already been made. Check them out here.

Last edited:

Garred

Smash Rookie
got this glitch, when I entered debug mode by accident because I was looking for options and immediately exited, it put on japanese. now im stuck in japanese mode.

CeLL

Smash Lord
got this glitch, when I entered debug mode by accident because I was looking for options and immediately exited, it put on japanese. now im stuck in japanese mode.
This isn't a glitch, it was programmed purposefully by Nintendo. You can also just switch the language back using the main menu. It's the second option from the bottom on the first screen.

easyaspi314

Smash Rookie
First of all, I like this! Kirby is actually good in this.

However, using Kirby, I found a glitch with Kirby and the ICs. If Kirby uses his down throw on one of the Ice Climbers when they are completely overlapping, one of the Climbers will go flying vertically. I am assuming this would theoretically work with any other characters, but normally players will push each other apart.

Edit: Using 3.1 (patched 1.0.2) on Dolphin.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
I assume you're not planning on collaborating with SmashCapps on that promotional article until 3.2 full, correct?

Another thing, if I want to swap music using a patch, can I just uncompile the patched ISO, get the hps file I want and recompile it?

Last edited:

_glook

I assume you're not planning on collaborating with SmashCapps on that promotional article until 3.2 full, correct?

Another thing, if I want to swap music using a patch, can I just uncompile the patched ISO, get the hps file I want and recompile it?
I've actually already sent him a message.
As far as replacing the music, yeah, you can uncompile the patched ISO, or you can just build SD Remix from source and replace the hps file right there, which is what I do for my personal builds of SD Remix to replace the DK rap with Snakey Chantey, though it should be clear that no music is going to be replaced in the official SD Remix 3.2 release.

_glook

I was wondering if we can get the tournament legal version of Great Bay from The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack. @ _glook _glook
It's already planned to be released in SD Remix 3.2 (the full version). Skyrule, improved Smashville, and Princess Peach's Flat are also planned to be included, as well as all the new stages currently in SD Remix Lite.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Might I suggest turning off each individual item switch by default?
Modifying Default Settings
[Magus, Qual_, SypherPhoenix]
Version ── DOL Offset
1.00 ────── 0x3CFB90
1.01 ────── 0x3D0D68
1.02 ────── 0x3D1A48
PAL ────── 0x3D20C0

.0 .1 .2 .3 .4 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
?? ?? AA BB CC DD EE FF GG HH II JJ KK ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
00 34 00 02 03 00 0A 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 08 08 00 00 08 00

20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
?? ?? ?? ?? PP ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? QQ QQ QQ QQ
FF FF FF FF 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
R1 R2 R3 R4 MM SS LL ?? TT TT TT TT ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
01 01 01 01 00 01 00 00 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02

60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
02 80 01 E0 01 E0 00 28 00 00 02 80 01 E0 00 00 00 00 00 00

Orange is what's read by the game when it's figuring out default settings.
Use the list below along with the corresponding variable (turquoise) to change the default settings.
Some of these have no effect if game data is present on the memory card; it will prefer the saved data.

[collapse=Default Settings Variable List]A (Rules)
00 - Time (Default)
01 - Stock
02 - Coin
03 - Bonus

B (Time Limit)
00 - None
01 - 1 Minute
02 - 2 Minutes (Default)
63 - 99 Minutes

C (Stock)
01 - 1 Stock
03 - 3 Stock (Default)
63 - 99 Stock

D (Handicap)
00 - Off (Default)
01 - Auto
02 - On

E (Damage Ratio)
05 - 0.5
0A - 1.0 (Default)
14 - 2.0

F (Stage Selection)
00 - On (Default)
01 - Random
02 - Ordered
03 - Turns
04 - Loser

G (Stock Match Time Limit)
00 - None (Default)
63 - 99 Minutes

H (Friendly Fire)
00 - Off (Default)
01 - On

I (Pause)
00 - Off
01 - On (Default)

J (Score Display)
00 - Off (Default)
01 - On

K (Self Destructs)
00 - -1 (Default)
01 - 0
02 - -2

P (Item Frequency)
FF - None
00 - Very Low
01 - Low
02 - Medium (Default)
03 - High
04 - Very High
05 - Very Very High (Unselectable)
06 - Extremely High (Unselectable)

Q (Item Toggle)

R (Rumble) - Number Corresponds to Player Slot
00 - Off
01 - On (Default)

M (Sound Balance)
00 - Regular Balance (Default)
64 - Maximum SFX Balance (No Music)
9C - Maximum Music Balance (No SFX)
[collapse="Explanation"]Each tick using the in-game adjustment modify the value by 0x5. All values from 0x9C - 0x64, crossing over 0x00, are acceptable. Values between 0x65 and 0x9B crash the game.[/collapse]

S (Deflicker)
00 - Off
01 - On (Default)

L (Language) - Game Uses System Default Regardless of Value
00 - Japanese
01 - US English
02 - UK English (PAL Only)
03 - German (PAL Only)
04 - French (PAL Only)
05 - Italian (PAL Only)
06 - Spanish (PAL Only)

T (Random Stage Toggle)
FF FF FF FF - All On (Default)
E7 00 00 B0 - Pokémon Stadium, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams
[collapse="Lazy Explanation"]This is a simple on/off toggle, with each bit corresponding to a stage. The first three bits should stay at 1, while the others correspond to the stages in this image, in order from left to right.
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
If you decide, changing Q to 10000000 does this.

_glook

Might I suggest turning off each individual item switch by default?

If you decide, changing Q to 10000000 does this.
That's pretty interesting, but tbh, I'm feeling kinda lazy and we've already turned items off anyway, so this doesn't give us any benefit that I can perceive. Thanks for the tip, though.

V_D_X

Smash Cadet
Can someone help me out a bit? I really like the new stages in this, I'd like to add them to my build of 20XX. What files would I need to replace in the root of the iso?

_glook

@glook: I guess @SmashCapps must be away right now. How about you contact a different front page writer?
He is away, but he's also still doing the SD Remix thing, so there will be an article at some point. He and the rest of the staff still have a lot of Evo stuff to do, but an article is coming.

Having a blast with SD Remix 3.2, but grabs don't work in random hitbox element mode.
I think that's because grabs are considered physical hits, and they also have random elements, which cancels the grab, which basically means you can't grab with it turned on. That being said, it's still a lot of whacky fun. I like turning bomb rain on with items on high on Warzone Corneria, just to amp up the craziness.

Do I have to remake the 3.2 from a vanilla iso or can I just update my 3.1?
If you're talking about from source (aka, using file replacement), it should work fine, though I haven't personally tested it. If you're talking about from an xdelta patch, you'll need to patch it from a vanilla ISO.

Last edited:

_glook

Can someone help me out a bit? I really like the new stages in this, I'd like to add them to my build of 20XX. What files would I need to replace in the root of the iso?
There are two types of stages: modded stages and custom stages.

Modded stages rely on DOL mods to run. They require a hex editor and they require you edit the actual dol file, which is the executable for the game. These are the ones from flieskillers post in "RAM Stage Hacking" in the Melee Codes forum and from the Stage Megapost in the OP of the stickied Gecko codes thread in Melee Workshop.

The custom stages are the ones that actually have a different file to load up the stage. If you look in the SD Remix source files, you'll see a bunch of files that start with "Go" and end in ".dat". These are the custom stages that SD Remix uses, made by Milun, Myougi, and Achilles. These correspond to the "Gr" versions of the file. As an example, "GoGr.dat" is "Whispy's Battlegrounds" but "GrGr.dat" is "Green Greens", which is what Whispy's Battlegrounds is based off of. It should be noted that "Mushroom Kingdom 2" and "Cranky's Treehouse" also additionally have DOL mods to turn off Birdo, Pidget, Klaptrap, and Jungle Japes' water.

Last edited:

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
Is there perhaps anybody who uses SNEEK? If so; is anyone having an issue loading this?

I tried to with just USB:Games/GALE01/game.iso.

It goes to the "Load without memory card?" screen and i choose ok, and it blacks out without loading. 20XX seems to work over this just fine.

Last edited:

_glook

I've gotten the NTSC version of SD Remix Lite in private beta. The NTSC version of SD Remix Lite is a version that works on all versions of NTSC SSBM, which means it will work on v1.00, v1.01, and v1.02, and it does it off of the same save file, so you'll be able to transfer it to anyone else's memory card and it'll work no matter what version they have.

The reason I'm announcing this is because I need beta testers. It is a lot of features to work through and we'd appreciate some help in getting it out more quickly. If you're interested, PM me and I can add you to the SDRL NTSC conversation.

What's the difference between Whispy's Battlegrounds and Omega Green Greens?
Omega Green Greens removes the blocks, the wind, and the apples.
Whispy's Battlegrounds does the same, but it also smushes the side platforms together with the main platform, making them the same height. This gets rid of the gaps and essentially extends the main platform out to the sides. In addition, Whispy's Battleground's ledges are normal instead of slightly slanted, which makes Bowser, Link, Young Link, and Donkey Kong's Up+B ledgehogging harder, but it allows you to shield hog Marth.

Last edited:

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Hey, this crashes on Nintendont while on a USB stick whenever I click start on the Results Screen. Also, sometimes it just fails to load the SSS. and one time the CSS. Melee works fine, just not the SD Remix. I am on Melee 1.02 and SD Remix 3.2 (not lite). Gamecube controller and emulated mem card.

Last edited:
Top Bottom