• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You can use a USB loader, or the one in the title. Personally I use USB Loader GX to load all my GC and Wii games.

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
I successfuly got the first version of SD remix to work.

Will it work if I just replaced the files with the ones that the patch came with?

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
Tried it out and it works.

I see Pichu now falls under the doubled edge sword archetype character. Takes damage, has amazing offense.

When will there be a change list from 1.0 > 2.0

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
So......I need USB Loader for this? I take it that's what you mean when you say "loader". Sorry for all the uninformed questions... :(
Don't worry: no, you won't. If you re-read my post, you'll see that I'm quoting from the original post in this thread (just read the directions there to get started). When going through the installation process, you can enable an option which remove the need to have your Melee disc in your system when playing (it will load from your SD card or USB drive instead). That is what I was referring to in that (quoted) paragraph. If you enable the 'No Disc Patch' option, it will save you some hassle, as you won't have to drag around your physical disc.

The "loader" referenced in both the OP and my post refers to the loader you'll see when running the Dios Mios Loader from Homebrew Channel (or whatever). It will be a black and white menu that, at least from my experience, will ask you to either load a disc from the DVD drive or load your version of SD Remix. If you want, you can press buttons to go into the options (etc.) and enable/disable features like the 'No Disc Patch' option.

I only use the SD Card option, and wouldn't even consider myself an expert with that option. If you want me to explain anything in this post, I'll do my best. And don't worry about any "uninformed questions", if you have them, ask and get help! If you choose to install in another way, you'd be best getting advice from another person if you have specific problems. Heck, just having to explain this to you is tricky enough for me :)

Looking back, I think you became confused because your question (here) was answered a bit more ambiguously than intended. You won't (necessarily) need a burned copy of the game, you should be fine with your original disc (a SD Card/USB Drive will be more important). There is an option that will make using your disc unnecessary, and (imo) is worthwhile/recommended once you have everything working and in place. I'm not sure where you are in the process, so if you reply to this, that would be nice to know also.

If you haven't started, go back to this thread's opening post and go through the install guide step by step. It's a tad complicated but will make more sense as you go along with it (if you choose to). There are many answers to questions you'll have in this thread already, but feel free to ask again or consult Google if you want.

XMiggsX

Smash Rookie
Hey just a question and im sorry to bother you. But I just want to say that I love the SD Remix game, thats all I play now. My main character is yoshi.

I downloaded 2.0 and i notice yoshi side b has been nerfed. I was kinda concern about that. Did you change yoshi recovery in 2.0 or did you just revert it back to normal? thats all i have to ask. I love the game

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i think this means no but it's hard to say

when there ain't no one to say it

obv :012:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Just stick them on your USB instead of SD card. Everything else is the same.

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
yo yo yo I don't see a changelist and I don't have mah wii and stuff right now

was Mewtwo's Teleport nerfed? And I guess I am fully expecting for Ness's downB to not be as dumb.

That is all I need to know.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Just stick them on your USB instead of SD card. Everything else is the same.
I don't have to change anything else? I use all my apps via SD card and only used my USB drive for Wii games and WiiMC so far.
Also, is it safe to install the USB wad over the SD wad?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
yo yo yo I don't see a changelist and I don't have mah wii and stuff right now

was Mewtwo's Teleport nerfed? And I guess I am fully expecting for Ness's downB to not be as dumb.

That is all I need to know.
no to the first question.

and no to the second, we didn't remove the "shine" because the majority of the SDR play testers wanted one.

me and geek didn't want it.

I might upload a new ness myself because its so dumb. plus his d-smash is kinda broken

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I don't have to change anything else? I use all my apps via SD card and only used my USB drive for Wii games and WiiMC so far.
Also, is it safe to install the USB wad over the SD wad?
When I installed it, I used the USB wad. I also use USB Loader GX (revision 1200 I think, but I don't want to go check) so I can load my Wii and Gamecube games from the same loader.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
no to the first question.

and no to the second, we didn't remove the "shine" because the majority of the SDR play testers wanted one.

me and geek didn't want it.

I might upload a new ness myself because its so dumb. plus his d-smash is kinda broken
ness can no longer stall or stack shines anyone though. he can only JC it.

also you're definitely not uploading a new ness. <_<

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Been trying to install homebrew through various methods and every time it just stops at the black screen with white text on it, after saying "valid ELF image detected."
What the **** am I doing wrong?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
that's an extraordinarily vague statement. what method are you using? i assume you're installing the homebrew channel? i'm guessing it never loads the boot.elf that is suppose to be the homebrew channel installer?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I've tried using both stack smash and letterbomb to try to instal homebrew. Both yield the same result. I guess it isn't loading the boot.elf like you said. When I click the stage builder (or the letter bomb thing) it'll start to load something and it'll open show that black background with the white text on it where it says:
"(bunch of copyright info)
(some licensing thing)
cleaning up environment... Eventhook release failed with code 0
OK.
SD card detected
opening boot.elf:
reading 2153056 bytes...
Done.
Valid ELF image detected."

And that's as far as it gets. It stops there. Doesn't open up the installer menu or w/e or anything like that. It's done that with both methods, and I could swear I'm following the instructions exactly. My SD card isn't the problem, I use this to play project:M hackless. When I open up stage builder with P:M on the card, it opens up the screen I described above, but that it actually does something right after, instead of just freezing at that screen or w/e.

If it helps, while it's sitting on that screen described above, the light on the disk drive flashes. Might be normal, just never noticed until I had to stare at this stupid **** for 20+ minutes hoping it's just loading slow and then realizing it's not accomplishing anything... then starting over and doing it again half a dozen times.

If nobody has any idea what the problem is, would it be possible for someone to upload the necessary files, and nothing more, that I would just be able to throw straight onto my SD card, so I can see if the issue is me doing something wrong?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
but... i've done that like 3 times now
I even still had that exact same page open from the last time I tried it
:(
is there anything else that causes freezing at that screen?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
but... i've done that like 3 times now
I even still had that exact same page open from the last time I tried it
:(
is there anything else that causes freezing at that screen?
You could rename the boot.elf to boot.dol instead. Worth a try, lol.

Othewise, I would recommend you back-up your SD card and reformat it to FAT with 64kb file allocation.

Any file that fixes the whole Peach crashing the game issue???
Front page under the Demo 2 download links.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Tried all that, no cigar. If it helps, when I changed the .elf to a .dol, it said
"boot.elf not found (-1)
USBGecko not found
No code found to load, hanging."
following the "SD card detected" notice.
The disk drive light also isn't flashing this time.

I even tried swapping to a different SD card (of the exact same type, the two came in a pair) to see if it was a problem with that particular card.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You're using the method using Stage Builder and Brawl right?

try removing anything in the memory card slots then.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
yes. And will do one moment

wait am I doing this as .elf or .dol?

just tried .dol and got the same results as last time, about to try .elf

EDIT: No change either way, with memory card now removed.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
it's still supposed to be easy peezy
just put some files on the right SD card and load them through brawl stage builder
if you have no stages it should load
I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong

just tried using a different computer to download the files and place them on the card
after reformatting (FAT ofc with 64kb allocation)
just in case, ya'know, that was the issue
I wouldn't have been surprised since switching things like browsers (from opera to chrome) has solved other download problems in the past
but still nothing :(

I just want MewTwo to be good :urg:

EDIT: Is it possible it's a problem with my wii? Not the version or menu or anything like that though. Is the homebrew installation particularly demanding of the wii? It's a pretty old wii, and we have a bad habit of leaving it on overnight, so from time to time after playing a lot of project:m or melee it will freeze like it just gave up. Have we damaged my wii? Would that even really affect this?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Same thing happened, but with a bit of different text at the top (obviously, since it's a different exploit). Once I got it to say something like "Exception 0700 occurred!" or something like that, followed by a bunch of lines of code, but that was it, it froze there. So I doubt that was actually accomplishing anything.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Changelist for demo 2!

-Global changes-

- All Characters & Stages & Random Stage Select unlocked [standardtoaster]
- Pokemon Stadium now transforms again
- Dreamland Wind Disabled

[COLLAPSE="Bowser"]
aerial velocity increased
up-smash KBG slightly lower
Fair kill power nerfed considerably
up-air kill power nerfed considerably
side-b grab active for less frames and has smaller grab box
up-b strong hit KBG slightly lower
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="DK"]
Run speed changed back to vmelee
aerial mobility changed back to vmelee
Jab1 sweet spot sucks opponents in
Jab2 angle changed. sends more verticle
up-tilt less disjointed. weaker also
d-tilt less disjointed. hitbox size also scaled down
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Doc"]
Jab 2 now comes out 4 frames earlier
grab and dash grab have larger hit box[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="G&W"]

Run speed reverted
aerial mobility nerfed
Nair KBG toned down
Bacon/sausage spawn now slight slower
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Ganondorf"]
Dash speed increased
Run speed increased
Jump time reduced
empty hop landing lag reduced
second jump returned to normal
grab is now bigger
up-b b grab box now moved to his fist. *his fist is behind him during the first couple frames, you may grab people behind you*
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Kirby"]
Strong and Weak Dash attack BKB considerably nerfed
F-smash now slightly stonger
up-smash sweetspot now lasts longer
Fair overall damage reduced by 2%
Forward, back, and down throw have all had cool down reduction
up-throw KBG toned down
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Link"]
Dash and Run speed nerfed back to Vmelee status
first hit f-smash nerfed
up-b final hit nerfed
uncharged arrow velocity heavy nerf 3>2
fully charged arrow velocity heavy nerf 9>7.5 (neither completely back to Vmelee status though)[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Luigi"]
Grounded up-b hitbox size significantly increased. very slightly stronger
Aerial up-b hitbox size significantly increased. Significantly stronger. SFX matches grounded one. [/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Mario"]
Run speed nerfed
F-smash sour spot nerfed
Nair KBG reduced
Fair Auto cancels much slower and is weaker
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Mewtwo"]
Run speed returned to Vmelee
Dash slightly better than Vmelee
F-smash KBG toned down
up-smash initial hits can now hit people on stadium platforms
Bair weakened[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Ness"]
Run and Dash heavily nerfed
aerial mobility nerfed
PSI magnet is now a "true" shine. (you can now JC it)
PK cross now significantly weaker. angle changed to hit people toward the stage
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Pichu"]
Electric NORMALS do self damage again
run speed reverted
side-b reverted
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Pikachu"]
weak nair reverted
Dair sends at a much lower angle. KBG nerfed
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="ICs"]
D-tilt now semi spikes
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Roy"]
Run speed reverted
sourspot jab weakened
Dash attack made more into a combo move
fair, uair, bair all active 1 more frame
Dair is cancels MUCH faster. (can use it offstage and survive)
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Samus"]
Run speed reverted
F-smash reverted
up-smash KBG nerfed
samus loser charge shot if hit out of up-b again
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Sheik"]

d-throw KBG reduced to slightly above normal[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Yoshi"]
CAN JUMP OOS (needs heavy testing. this is the next OP thing because he doesn't suffer hitlag or shield stun. was put in on accident :p)
Dash and run speed reverted
dash attack now safer
f-tilt KBG heavily nerfed
up-smash kill power nerfed
d-throw reverted to Vmelee
side-b recovery nerfed
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Y.link"]
No changes[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Zelda"]
will do later[/COLLAPSE]

Top Bottom