• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Hi, I'm `daze. It's pronounced "daz"
I've mained Young Link ever since I unlocked him when I was 10 years old with my copy of Melee, and have stuck with him ever since. I looked into getting into the competitive scene at age 14, still maining Young Link, previously watching Young Link combo videos, such as Wak's "Young Link the Unpredicable!" as well as a bunch of Jash and Laijin's matches on youtube, before going into the smash community and playing the best players from my region.

I got destroyed, and my confidence was killed, but I came back recently, now more mature and have shown great interest in Project:M because Toon Link is essentially a rework of Young Link, combined with aspects of Link64 and Brawl Toon Link. I currently am responsible for the rapidly-growing P:M scene in BC, Canada as I host tournaments for it, and bring it to every smashfest so people get interested.

In addition, my brother mains Doctor Mario and he has beaten PR players in my region with it, despite only being 10 years old. He knows how to consistently WD, L-cancel, chainthrow, among other things despite his young age. He has been referred to by many top BC and WA players as "mini-mango" because of how good he is (for his age) and the fact that he talks a ton of trash. He was better than me the last time we played, but I've been training a lot recently and he hasn't played for awhile, so I don't know how it would look now.

I recently picked up Sheik because everyone in BC told me to pick a good character because there's no point in using a low-tier. So I went with sheik, although I still play Young Link a lot in friendlies, although my love for him has been transferred to Toon Link since he's actually good.

Anyways, enough of my background.
I am able to stream and record, and my wii is already hacked. I just need information on how to get the ISO and get it running!

PM me if I'm eligible to become a playtester! I don't have experience coding or editing melee ISO files, although I've done basic brawl hacking here and there, and I currently load brawl via USB loader and use custom SFX as a result.

Thanks for reading! And I hope M:SDR really kicks off! :)

Akorax

Smash Rookie
Perhaps for Doc you could increase the size of his pills to make them a harder target to dodge. They might bounce a bit odd I could imagine but it's worth a shot.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
We're pretty close to having this bean open beta already anyways. There isn't much more we need to change.

<3 pichu
:phone:

Reshi123

Smash Rookie
if i have a hard copy of melee do i still need a gamecube backup loader

VietGeek

Smash Hero
yeah you do unfortunately

you can't run this hack off a hard copy

it's lame but that's just how it is

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I'm almost afraid that the general public won't be interested in msdr because of how inaccessible it is :/.

If there was some way to make a "hackless" method of booting the game, it'd probably be more generally accepted.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
The fact is, not being able to use a hackless method is definitely going to be a limit to the popularity of this project, but it's something we just have to deal with. All we can do is make this so good that people look past that and play it anyway.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Pretty much. There's not much I can do about a "hackless" or easier way of getting this running spare the Riivolution team makes a version of their program that works for GC games.

I guess that means someone go bother them for an official statement, lol.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
PM me your Skype or something, it's a little hard to get in contact with you on here tbh.

For everyone else, this project has a Twitter now. Follow SD Remix as it attempts to tackle hardships like "So what IS Kirby's Fthrow?" and "What do you mean Kirby's Copied Flare Blade does shield damage?!

By the way, it seriously does. Even in vanilla Melee. Rushed HAL peeps were hella rushed

obv :012:

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Not here to sing-up (no wii....yet) but could you guy's record something? like just a friendly match or just showing the changes to a once garbage character? i can't watch the stream, and if you guy's would post it on youtube, i'm pretty sure you'll get more attention than just posting links to stream it here lol.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
We're working on that, be patient~

Also something Toomai and Toaster cooked up (toasted?) for the project:

Before...

After!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Not here to sing-up (no wii....yet) but could you guy's record something? like just a friendly match or just showing the changes to a once garbage character? i can't watch the stream, and if you guy's would post it on youtube, i'm pretty sure you'll get more attention than just posting links to stream it here lol.
I'll try to get the stream recording that ST and I did a while back uploaded to YouTube. Channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/nonstandardtoaster

Doomolish

Smash Journeyman
I would be honored if you accept us (me and my brother) as a testers.

I'm the TO of my region and I host nationals in Mexico every six months. I'm also the creator and main admin of one of the biggest and most active community in my country.

Here's the fb group if you wanna join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/celayorksmash

I love playing as Bowser and my brother loves experimenting, so I hope you consider us :)

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in signing up for this. I am able to play Melee on my Wii via an SD card so that should not be a problem, and i would consistently give feedback on the game if neccesary. I'm willing to playtest just about every character, i've been taking a liking to Bowser and Kirby lately, while my regular Melee mains are Marth/Peach/Jigglypuff.

Saul V.

Smash Rookie
testers

Hi, @VietGeek I would like to be able to help with the game, I can upload videos to Youtube with all Low tiers in if you like.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
DK and Samus now no longer lose their B-move charge from being hit out of UpB.

I guess that's kinda cool.

obv :080:

Reshi123

Smash Rookie
if i can just use gecko to load it up then i can be a playtester also

Top Bottom