• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSA West Coast Circuit - Ranking System

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman

West Coast Circuit
Power Ranking System

Following each tournament in the SCSA circuit, points will be awarded to the top 32 places (with the exception of the first SCSA tournament on Dec. 6th, which is awarding points to the top 36 places). Of those 32 players, only the top 16 will be granted bracket advantage in the following tournament.

Bracket Advantage:
The top 16 players, based on number of points, will be automatically placed into the Pro Bracket, in the following tournament.

Tournament Set up:

Tournaments will be played out in three rounds from this point forward. All three rounds will occur in the same day.

All Brawl Singles tournaments will continue as follows -

Round 1: Pools

All players will be evenly distributed into 8 or 16 pools depending on tournament turn-out (with the exception of Tournament #1 Dec. 6, 2008). Players will compete against all competitors in their pool, best of 3 (except. Dec. 6). The top 2 (or 4, if there are 8 pools) players in each pool will move on to the amateur bracket.

Round 2: Amateur Bracket

The top 32 players from pools will advance to the Amateur Bracket. These players are still not guaranteed points for the SCSA power rankings. In this bracket they will compete for the top 16 slots. Top 16 will advance to the Professionals Bracket.

Round 3: Pro Bracket

The top 16 players from the Amateur Bracket, as well as the current top 16 ranked SCSA players (based on points) will compete for the prize money. Points will be distributed accordingly based on outcome of final bracket. All players in Pro Bracket receive points, going toward their overall rank in the SCSA circuit.

***Note: Should a player ranked in the top 16, not attend the following tournament, players at the tournament who rank 17th in the Amateur bracket may be given an opportunity to compete for empty slots in the pro bracket.

Current SCSA Power Rankings

[Highlighted players auto advance to pro bracket at next SCSA event]

If your character is not posted please PM me with what character you use.​

**Note: Concluding the SCSA West Coast Circuit, a tournament will be held for the final top 16 point leaders, free of charge, for a chance to win cash prizes.

asob4

Smash Champion
because nezumi runs great tournaments??

yayy i got some points :)

also yay for knowing my character haha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
well number rankings are arbitrary unless prizes are given to ppl who accumulate points after many events

so... pro bracket eh? sounds cool

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Lol I'm in the pro bracket...I must be 1337 XD. JK.

Only 300 pts behind larry ftw.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ Cause your garbage. JK <3 sky

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Still amazes me to see a falcon in there.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
pools were crazy as all hell

i'm surprised i made it out honestly

joeplicate

Smash Master
How many people entered in this anyway?

Probably a lot more than 33, considering there were pools and everything

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL i had a dream where 2 jigglypuffs began the match by resting, and one of the puffs rested falco into the other one's rest so fox died at like 30% and falco died at like 59% or something cuz the hitlag was long and stuff

Charoo

Smash Champion
i fully support this ranking for one reason. Non SoCal players are on it. Hopefully, this will encourage them to come back, and keep their rankings. The more OoS players the better!

SK92 better comeback for his rematch or something.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
champ predicted that his falcon would be on a ranking. didn't know it would be so soon!!!

Top Bottom