• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSA West Coast Circuit - MAY 30th! M2K is coming!! (new rules front page)

∫unk

Smash Master
lots, you just have to put in the work

honestly, if people just put in the work and didn't worry about how long it was going to take or this or that, you'd have your biggest successes
i got this :D

is it even possible to be on top of your melee and brawl game at the same time in the same tourney?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i think id be able 2 do it

holy crap

i just figured out what i wanna do

win a brawl and melee tourney

at the same event

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
i'd rather play melee (melee finals were siiick) but i'm like 8 years behind the metagame.

is there anyone that got really good and sucked like... 6 months ago?
we can train together junk. I need to step it up. This tourney has helped me see how weak I am in fundamental aspects of my game. Also it showed me I can draw graphs for pools well; Claire you owe me 12 sheets of blank paper. <3 Nezumi

btw thanks for giving me a ride Junk, much appreciated

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
It's hard, to say the least. They are two fundamentally different games and both require a different set of skills.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
You'd be surprised.

Once you learn the fundamentals, everything will come really fast. And I'm sure that there are a number of smashers in the community who are willing to help you (or anyone else for that matter) learn and become stronger players.
*points to post detailing how to practice pillaring*

d(^_^d)

you got this.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
seems pretty fair to me
you seems pretty hardcore. I'd like to play you eventually.

Very few people seem to like to play by themselves (understandably). But the satisfaction of pulling off a tech you've been practicing for a while in a match is great. and mastering that tech is the ultimate payoff. I'm one of those guys who has to practice stuff a ton before mastering it. There are people with natural ability, but victory doesn't distinguish between natural ability and practice. A win is a win. So if practice is what it takes, then so be it. P has it right.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
i got this :D

is it even possible to be on top of your melee and brawl game at the same time in the same tourney?
Larry won Brawl and beat HugS and many other notables. It's definitely possible.

EDIT: Although, I don't know why you'd want to, unless you're Larry and you're getting $600 :p

Lethal Beauty

Smash Apprentice
Oh ****. This is my first post in the West Coast section. I'd better get used to coming here now, haha. I just wanted to say that this was a great event and I had a lot of fun, met a lot of new people, and I can't wait to finally move to SoCal. :)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Oh ****. This is my first post in the West Coast section. I'd better get used to coming here now, haha. I just wanted to say that this was a great event and I had a lot of fun, met a lot of new people, and I can't wait to finally move to SoCal. :)
who else thinks it's kind of annoying when a kind of hot chick (hot enough to feel good about banging but not hot enough for her to think that she's hot) has a name that is in relation to her supposed good looks?

i don't know you but thanks for attaching some eye candy to the tourny. but come on, lethal beauty? you serious? stereotypes ftw choknator, i'm telling you

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
who else thinks it's kind of annoying when a kind of hot chick (hot enough to feel good about banging but not hot enough for her to think that she's hot) has a name that is in relation to her supposed good looks?

i don't know you but thanks for attaching some eye candy to the tourny. but come on, lethal beauty? you serious? stereotypes ftw choknator, i'm telling you
LMAO good ****, P!
i love that you're an a$$hole.
i hope you get a response calling you a ****, so i can laugh.

∫unk

Smash Master
hi lethal :D

i saw you around but didn't know who you were so i didn't say anything >< next time

why are you moving to socal?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
it was a facetious "not fair", spoken by someone who is in the group that has no natural talent
yeah i know, but you're supposed to ignore that and post a counter to my post anyway just so another back and forth ensues

come on dog, you know the game by now

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
dang now i wish i went n saw this wombo combo

now i have to wait for the videos

Kira-

Smash Champion
she wasnt that hot when i saw her, just saying

smashers have low standards, gotta help 'em out

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
yeah i know, but you're supposed to ignore that and post a counter to my post anyway just so another back and forth ensues

come on dog, you know the game by now
hey adam
that was a really disrespectful thing to say
to a new member of the community
just because shes a she
inb4 somone doesnt get the joke

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
woooow pretty ****ed up guys. last 7 of 10 or so posts are dedicated to voicing how mediocre someone's appearance is. I've never seen/met this person but even if it is the truth or just a joke dam, kind of messed haha...

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
woooow pretty ****ed up guys. last 7 of 10 or so posts are dedicated to voicing how mediocre someone's appearance is. I've never seen/met this person but even if it is the truth or just a joke dam, kind of messed haha...
when someone takes themselves (or a part of themselves) too seriously, they should expect to get made fun of

also, if their ego is so fragile as to be offended by the last couple of posts, it kind of proves the point

protip: don't dress like a skank and earn respect points

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Should of moved to Norcal Princess Aura. We aint mean like THOSE SOCALIAN... Rofl nah Socal is cool, P just introducing himself to u in a way he does to all ^^.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I didn't get to really talk to her but she did seem like a cool person. Don't worry Pat. I'm sure she'll get used to all the straight up **** talk and the pseudo masculinity most of the guys tend to put up lol.

Welcome to the PacWest Forums.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
hella Should of moved to Norcal Princess Aura. We aint hella mean like THOSE HELLA SOCALIAN... Rofl nah Socal is hella cool, P just hella introducing himself to u in a way he does to hella all ^^.L O L O L O L O L O L O L
[color="320f8w"]<3 norcal .[/color]
HAHAHAHAH i did a random color and i got white

emerican

Smash Ace
Tournament was refreshing, i miss melee

GERM, Zel, SS, Tang, Phil, Waffle, NORCAL in general... guys are too good, i want to come visit

cant wait for vids :D ... kinda pissed that missed the wombo combo... i didnt even watch the set i was like "**** it, imma play friendlies, ill see it on youtube..."

good **** socal, nice seeing you all again.
now the next big question...WHAT THE **** IS LARRY GONNA DO WITH THAT 600$$$

Top Bottom