• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSA West Coast Circuit 5 (1/30/10) Results on first page and THANKS FOR COMING

joeplicate

Smash Master
you should do it in order of

sincerity

and who asked first

especially because these criteria would benefit me
and because nobody wants to go to the D's house as sincerely as i do

(plus i could potentially offer **** housing 40 mins away)

pockyD

Smash Legend
who needs your housing when we have the dunk's!

and i don't know what you mean by sincerity, but you wouldn't even be in the top 5 of who asked 1st lol

anyway if i catch wind that someone else (peter) is driving, this all goes out the window and i'll use some magic bean method to choose who's going... the whole PR thing is only if I'm the only car

joeplicate

Smash Master
me too
sheridan you should go

and how can you question my sincerity
i mean just look at my avatar
i'm pure boyish enthusiasm

pockyD

Smash Legend
me too
sheridan you should go

and how can you question my sincerity
i mean just look at my avatar
i'm pure boyish enthusiasm
i just don't understand what sincerity means in this context

i assume everyone who asks me for a ride does actually want to go

pockyD

Smash Legend
i have never ever cared who asked first

not directly anyway; if i told someone yes already, then it matters

also calling dibs in 4 different cars at once makes me just want to dq you

but i won't

L__

Smash Master
I've been searching for a ride for awhile... I promise I'll be good :) I'll pay the gas fare regardless of what it is!

This question goes out to anyone because I don't really talk to many smashers that have the ability to drive.

SuperRad

Smash Master
also calling dibs in 4 different cars at once makes me just want to dq you

but i won't
I don't see how it isn't a legit strategy. If you're driving and will take me, I'd go with you first. If not, then I'd ask Sheridan, Zoap and Scar anyways. When there's only three [maybe soon to be four] people that drive to SoCal, why wouldn't I ask all at once?

pockyD

Smash Legend
I don't see how it isn't a legit strategy. If you're driving and will take me, I'd go with you first. If not, then I'd ask Sheridan, Zoap and Scar anyways. When there's only three [maybe soon to be four] people that drive to SoCal, why wouldn't I ask all at once?
if the dibs system were in effect (which it's not) then you'd be occupying slots in 4 different cars at the same time

this is a dumb argument anyway

some day i'll publish a book with all of my personal rules governing all things

it's going to be massive

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
WTF mutha****a ask macd or zhu to drive your jewish *** and whoop superrad's *** or get your *** whooped by him but hey just get us to drive you there

my spot is full at the moment

I have cam jenny JDM maybe Maple or Macd

you got this
That's not even the problem. I would love to ask for a ride but my parents are way over-protective and you know this.

SuperRad

Smash Master
One of them went with him to pound.

Also, if you can't convince them to let you ride with someone else to a tournament but they'll let you hang out with them for 12 hours in the middle of the day, you need to step up your argument game. Or at least, my parents would always bend to logic.

pockyD

Smash Legend
when i was like 14, my parents had some reservations about me riding with teenage drivers

and irvine drivers? fuggedaboutit!

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
My parents pretty much let me do whatever I wanted as long as I had my phone and I told them where I was going. Look how I turned out!

Stab you should get in the habit of asking for evidence for things people say because that **** is ridiculous and you should feel bad for believing it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm also interested in why, if you're in a crash, they're more concerned about getting sued than you getting hurt

i really hope this is all an elaborate lie they're concocting on purpose simply because they want to be overprotective (understandable for a parent) instead of them actually thinking like this

My parents pretty much let me do whatever I wanted as long as I had my phone and I told them where I was going. Look how I turned out!

Stab you should get in the habit of asking for evidence for things people say because that **** is ridiculous and you should feel bad for believing it.
i imagine sheridan carried around those old gigantic phones as a hip teenager

pockyD

Smash Legend
if your parents really believe it, then they probably are basing their 'knowledge' on some misinterpreted anecdote they heard and it's going to be hard to disprove it to them unless you find out where they heard it

Top Bottom