• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scrubs: can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=786]Scrubs: can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em[/drupal]

This post is more or less a rant about the biggest Smash scrub I know.

You see, I don't care if you're good at a game or if you suck at a game, but please, by all means, know your place.

There are games that I've played on a highly competitive level (SSBM, SSBB, Pokemon RSE, Pokemon DP, Call of Duty). I've participated in many tournaments for each of those games, and I've won many tournaments for each of them as well. I know for a fact that I'm good, and you'd be hard-pressed to find someone equal or better than I am. Not to say they don't exist of course, but they are few and far between.

And of course there are games which don't really have a competitive atmosphere, but I still take them seriously and strive to complete them fully, even if it requires going well out of my way to do some random task for the sake of unlocking something. Aside from Super Smash Bros, Pokemon, and Call of Duty, I certainly put forth my best effort to fully complete any Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Tales, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, or Resident Evil game. Of course, there are a multitude of other games which I do the same on. It's just that those 10 series are the ones I pride myself most on. Completing one of those games is much more satisfying than completing something else I guess.

But then there are games that I know I'm absolutely terrible at. Maybe I'm good enough to beat some of my friends, maybe not. But either way, I realize that in any half-decent competitive setting, I would get my *** handed to me on a silver platter. Games like Guitar Hero, Starcraft, Soul Calibur, etc etc. I'm nothing special at them and I don't pretend to be. I mean, I can't beat a Guitar Hero song on Hard, I suck at SC and usually resort to mass Dragoons/Carriers/Battlecruisers/other mixed units because I don't know better. And as for Soul Calibur, I just know the basics and a few simple combos for my favorite characters. As I said, I'm trash, but at least I know my place.

But I guess it really annoys me when people actually suck but think they're hot ****. Take my friend Ryan for example, he's been playing Smash ever since SSB64. But he doesn't really have much skill at all. Nor does he have much of a comprehension of the competitive atmosphere of Smash. His "playstyle" is quite simple actually-- shield grab, roll + smash, projectile spam. I see no air game with him, and never has he used anything considered "advanced." To be honest, he plays a scrubby Lucas that's super predictable. PK Fire spam at medium ranges, PK Thunder spam at long ranges, shieldgrab when being attacked, or roll + smash as a counter.

That's about the extent of his skill. And to be quite honest, that's the **** I pulled back when I was 11 and playing SSB64. Back when I was a Smash "noob" and competitive Melee hadn't existed yet. Sure I was good enough at SSB64 to dominate my friends back then, but I wouldn't consider myself good at the original Smash.

So of course, it just makes me lol when he pulls out some ridiculous excuses as to why he loses, or when he goes around bragging about how awesome he is. I'm tempted to call him out on it and show him how sucky he is, but he's the type of person who doesn't have thick skin at all. He'd get all upset and would hold a grudge. And considering that he's my roommate, grudges would be bad =P

I mean...one time I was playing a match with him...Wolf vs Lucas. I was just doing some dash dancing and SHFF aerials and Wall of Wolfs from a distance. Not even intending to hit him. It was more of a finger exercise for me. It apparently made him upset so he yelled out "CALM DOWN" to me. And later on in that very same match, I took his last stock by edgehogging him as he tried a PK Thunder recovery, and he yelled out "WHAT WAS THAT???" After that quick beating, I picked some random characters and decided to let him win a few games because I could see he was upset. After his free wins, he went to my other roommate and started bragging about beating me...

And there was another time where Ryan, my other two suitemates, and myself were playing in a free-for-all just for ***** and giggles. Ryan got knocked out early and I won of course. But when my suitemate Joel poked fun at Ryan for losing, he replied that it was because I had been attacking him the entire time. Well, it's true. I WAS targeting Ryan more than other people, just to irk him I guess. But still...if Ryan was as good as he keeps claiming to be, he should have been able to handle the pressure.

And of course one time Ryan was playing Joel 1 v 1, and Ryan lost as Sonic. The excuses started flying as Ryan kept saying how it was unfair and how he never uses Sonic and all that crap. Blah blah blah.

The funniest thing though, is that recently we had a fellow competitive Smasher (Mark) from another college visit us. Mark had been playing competitive Smash ever since Melee, but started a few years after I had, so he had less competitive experience overall. He disposed of my roommates quickly and easily, but was fairly evenly matched with me. I won with the characters I'd consider "tournament viable" but lost with Falco, my newest main. Which isn't surprising considering I just picked him up recently. But of course, Ryan, who was obviously upset about getting destroyed by Mark, claimed that if they had played Melee instead, Ryan would have won. And that's probably the funniest thing, because if Mark even had half the skill I had in Melee, he would have run circles around Ryan and utterly destroyed him. If Ryan thought his Brawl beating was bad, he shouldn't be asking for a Melee matchup. Not from Mark, and especially not from me.

And well, there you have it I guess. He's the scrubbiest Smasher I know. I know a lot of Smashers who suck, but at least they'll admit it. Ryan? He's just a lot of talk =P

Any of you guys have personal stories about Smash scrubs to share?

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
My “friends” think MK is weak and Kirby is cheap. And they worship Lv.9s for their “1337” skills.

Tho, I can't say that I'm a competitive player. I've never played a game competitively.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
One of the guys I play with changes his "mains" every time he beats me or my other friend with a new character.

He also does that whole "you play this game too much" thing.

But over the past few weeks i think he has improved his attitude.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Sit your friend down and tell him how bad you think he is and tell him no hard feelings but you suck.

And Zero, to be honest, I think Smash is the only game where people john. Out of the game I've played competitively (Yu-Gi-Oh, Duel Masters, and World of Warcraft) I've NEVER johned in any of them. I dunno what it is about Smash that makes players make excuses about their loss.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Scrubs: You *CAN live without 'em

I feel your pain ZeroFox. I'm surrounded by scrubs everywhere that's NOT a tournament.

Worst one though, is when a guy named David who thinks you're the best when you can win matches with items on very high at Spear Pillar. What's worse, is that my used to be "group" would worship his Brawl..."abilities" (I use that term loosely). Whenever it comes down to 1 vs. 1 with us in a FFA, it would end in a bom-omb hitting one of us, capsule blowing up, or a golden hammer landing right on either one of our laps. What's better, is that when no items have spawned, I would edgehog him and he became PMS boy.
So, I finally get him to play competitive rules for 3 matches because you know, I always hear the bragging of how he is so "733t" at Brawl.

Two of the three matches was a two stock victory for me. The last match was an utter blowout.

Ever since then, I've given David the utmost crap about needing items to beat me, and the entire group argued against me about how items require skill and that you're good at the game overall if you can use items. >_<

Another guy of that "group", we don't call johns, johns. We call them wills. Because a guy named Will would pull some sort of an excuse out for ANYTHING. If he even as much as didn't crouch fast enough for a d-tilt, he would start stuttering and jabbering about how his control stick wasn't working or even go that extra mile and say, "My A button wouldn't work, wtf." Beat him in a game with Jigglypuff or Falco, he will drop his controller in disgust and walk away cursing under his breath.
After that, my friend and I would make wills all day when playing just to mock him. I get hit by a smash I would start screaming, "OH NO F***ING WAY, THAT WAS BULL****! I WAS HITTING B! MY F***ING B BUTTON WOULDN'T WORK! *stutter*"

One more, this was the final straw against scrubs for me. Hearing of a games club and that Brawl was there, I decided to go (mainly because I was visiting friends I haven't seen for awhile). We're playing a FFA, no items on Smashville. As Falco, I double jump off the stage high in the air and b-air a Ganondorf off to their death. The girl playing as Ganondorf started off a storm. She starts screaming, "You know, I would have never done that. That's so noobish." I say, "I beg your pardon? Leaping up and following up with an attack is noobish?" She replies, "No, edgeguarding. Its cheap."
After that, the other two playing were cheering her on to beat me. :ohwell:

There's my tales. I hate scrubs with a passion.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well talking of scrubby friends, I could go on forever, but one particular friend of mine is an absolute goldmine of scrubby comments. Very recently, we played some matches, with me using all the characters in my sig (except for the ones I suck with). He used 3 characters, and focused mainly on Kirby, even though he's actually not terrible with Lucario and decent with Pit. The highlight match was when I 3 stocked him as Captain Falcon, only took 37% dmg, and got 2 Falcon Pawnch KO's. After his mains were all thoroughly beaten by all my mains, he asked,

"How do you keep beating me so easily? I have no problems with CPUs"
"Well, Chris, you need to stop being as predictable as an Undertaker Wrestlemania match, for example all you do when you're above me as Kirby is stone, and then you think it's some surprise if you suddenly use the hammer attack out of your stone when you've done it 10 times before. All you do as Pit is angel ring, followed by 100 rolls and then a obvious forward smash."
"You're just angry that my attack patterns are better than yours, you just can't appreciate good play"
"Says the guy who got 3 stocked by Falcon. You should use Lucario more, you have better instincts with him. You actually have a good projectile spam game for controlling where your opponent goes, and you actually mix up your moves to good effect."
"But I never win with him in Basic Brawl, but I always win as Kirby."

So much from just one conversation, but seriously, there are people out there who base their skill level on basic brawl matches. I mean one on one wifi matches can be a good rough indication of basic knowledge of good play, but basic brawl...? If that were a good indication, I'd be the new King of Smash and Ike would be God Tier.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yes it is, but it takes a lot of patience. It's kinda like counselling, you talk to them in that patronising tone, and always say "you're good but if you did this you'd be better, see?". A waste of time though if you ask me.

towelie892

Smash Cadet
I know exactly where you're coming from. 90% of my friends are terrible at Smash and I have to routinely lose but act as if I'm trying really hard to keep them from getting angry. Other friends blame their own controller, the character, or the inability to jump after using Bowser's down B.

I knew a guy who considered himself unbeatable at SSBB. I'd never played him or seen him play before, so we talked a bit. Turns out that
~Meta Knight, Dedede and Snake suck
~Falco is okay at best
~Wolf and Ike are by far the best characters (just use a "super move")
~sideways Wii remote > Gamecube controller
~the only way to play is on Shadow Moses Island with items on high

I mean I don't expect everyone to play competitively as we do, but seriously, don't brag about being the best at the game if you think all of the above are tru. Thank God I have two friends that are good and we are all at about equal skill :)

Denzi

Smash Master
I have a friend who, when I do anything he considers "cheap", resets the match. Ex: He said, "Hey, I learned this cool new trick with Gannondorf and I'm totally gonna kill you with it." I said, "Okay," and wee selected our characters. He picked Gannon and I picked Link, cause he's a gannon counter (lol). He took us to Skyworld and, when the floor was broken, Gannoncided me through the clouds. He said, "See, I'm gonna own you now." I then proceded to get him up to 130% and stage spike him without taking any damage. He restarted saying, "You gonna use more than two moves?" Aside from this being a stpid reason to restart, I had used every move Link has (barring up B). He just annoys me.

@T892: lol @ "Super Move".

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I hope ZeroFox will now be comforted knowing that he isn't alone in dealing with such disgraceful displays of scrubdom. I have a feeling it's becoming more prevalent in recent times, in the good old days, when I played computer games even though you could barely walk, you'd know your place when it came to each game. I was the Smash 64 and Pokémon guy, my friend would **** us all at Goldeneye, another would destroy us all at Tekken. Whenever we lost, we never made excuses, we enjoyed our gaming sessions, and hell, we hadn't even reached double digits of age. I think we've just had an influx of immature people who want to be the best at everything into the gaming world, and that makes me want to go on a mass killing spree!! cry.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Sit your friend down and tell him how bad you think he is and tell him no hard feelings but you suck.

And Zero, to be honest, I think Smash is the only game where people john. Out of the game I've played competitively (Yu-Gi-Oh, Duel Masters, and World of Warcraft) I've NEVER johned in any of them. I dunno what it is about Smash that makes players make excuses about their loss.
Yeah I feel like that's quite true. When I beat people in other games, they are usually no excuses. Heck, I was playing a friend of mine in Dead or Alive 4 on the 360 recently. Now, I don't have the game, and have never played a single DoA game. Nor do I have an XBox 360. And although I have played an XBox 360, it was very rare. Overall he won 12 matches and I won 5. When I lost, I didn't make any excuses. I didn't even bring up the "Well I don't even have the game" excuse. It was just "good game." When I won, he didn't make any excuses either. I feel like for some reason, Smash brings out the johns in us...

I feel your pain ZeroFox. I'm surrounded by scrubs everywhere that's NOT a tournament.

[...]

One more, this was the final straw against scrubs for me. Hearing of a games club and that Brawl was there, I decided to go (mainly because I was visiting friends I haven't seen for awhile). We're playing a FFA, no items on Smashville. As Falco, I double jump off the stage high in the air and b-air a Ganondorf off to their death. The girl playing as Ganondorf started off a storm. She starts screaming, "You know, I would have never done that. That's so noobish." I say, "I beg your pardon? Leaping up and following up with an attack is noobish?" She replies, "No, edgeguarding. Its cheap."
After that, the other two playing were cheering her on to beat me. :ohwell:

There's my tales. I hate scrubs with a passion.
Will and David sound like horrible people to play against lol. Being a competitive Smasher, I usually defeat my non-competitive friends by scores of 4-1 or 4-0. Sometimes they'll get a 2nd kill if they're lucky. But when they lose they don't ***** and moan. Thus, even though they're hardly a challenge and don't offer anything "new," I have fun playing them. Ryan on the other hand...I just stay away from him.

As for the girl...that kinda sucks hahaha. I know a handful of girls who know how to play Smash. But like, they're not really into it (Only 1 is). When I play her, I don't go *all out* per se, but I certainly give 80-90% effort and wind up winning 4-1 anyway (If I'm in "danger" of winning 4-0, I'll slow down and let her get a kill). The rest of the girls...they're not too good, so I don't try at all on them. Plus I'm a nice guy and they're all pretty cute =)

It is possible to make somebody not a scrub? Like completely change their mindset?
Not too sure anymore. I felt like when Mark destroyed Ryan, it would have set him in his place. I was tempted to kick his *** in Melee and Brawl over and over again but I just didn't have the heart to do it. Plus he'd probably **** a brick as I wavedashed, waveshined, shinespiked, and SHFFL'd circles around him. I secretly wanted someone else to come along and beat him bad. Plus the fact is, Ryan KNOWS I'm competitive with Smash, so when I beat him, he'd probably tell himself "Well, he plays this in tournaments, of course he's good, if I played in tourneys I'd be just as good or better."

I mean I don't expect everyone to play competitively as we do, but seriously, don't brag about being the best at the game if you think all of the above are tru. Thank God I have two friends that are good and we are all at about equal skill :)
I do have one friend who is a competitive Smasher, luckily. But even so I'm better than he is, and have been better since the original Smash. I also know other people who might not necessarily be competitive in Smash, but they're pretty serious gamers in general, and thus they usually take the necessary steps to be "good enough" at certain games. So while they aren't too challenging either, at least I don't have 4-1 blowouts 90% of the time with them.

But yeah, definitely agree about not bragging if you aren't good. I consider myself a very serious gamer. I always pride myself on being the best or being able to complete a game to the fullest, but I'll admit when I suck at a game.

I hope ZeroFox will now be comforted knowing that he isn't alone in dealing with such disgraceful displays of scrubdom. I have a feeling it's becoming more prevalent in recent times, in the good old days, when I played computer games even though you could barely walk, you'd know your place when it came to each game. I was the Smash 64 and Pokémon guy, my friend would **** us all at Goldeneye, another would destroy us all at Tekken. Whenever we lost, we never made excuses, we enjoyed our gaming sessions, and hell, we hadn't even reached double digits of age. I think we've just had an influx of immature people who want to be the best at everything into the gaming world, and that makes me want to go on a mass killing spree!! cry.
Thanks a bunch Teran. I've been gaming since the age of three, but I guess back then I didn't really have much of an understanding of higher level play for any game, so if I could beat my friends, I'd consider myself good. But at least as I grew up, I didn't turn into a scrubby excuse spewing noob...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
My brother says wavedashing is useless...and that I shouldn't even be trying to learn stuff about the games because I'll never get anywhere by playing them. It bothers me a bit...well A LOT, because he comes out with the excuses,

"You're obsessed, no wonder you're good!", (Melee/Brawl)
"Wavedashing is cheap, combos are cheap!", (yes, Melee)
"I haven't played in 2 weeks!", (Brawl)
"You're so cheap with -insertthing-!" (Mostly when I use turnips) =P

And then in the few times he wins, it's like the end of the world or like a baby with 5 heads was born...he treats it like,"OMG, I'm so good now!"

I think the gap begins where one person has a love for a game, or a love for the community, while the other person doesn't understand it. Oh well, they don't know what they're missing.

By the way, I got my younger brother to hate Smash after chaingrabbing him with Dedede, and the occasional times he does play, he calls anything where you dont let him back on the stage, or attack him in quick succestion cheap, or "It's like a chaingrab!", respectively.

EDIT: Ha, there was an ad at the top saying, "Take the Scrubs quiz!" (show)

brinboy789

Smash Champion
lol, some of my church friends cant beat a lvl 9 without resorting to projectile spam and running away because apparently their "too" good. they think their all great too -_-. i dont want to be mean so i hold back lol, but it pisses me off sometimes...

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Scrubs are a pain, but most of it is just because they play the game at a far lower level. You can't combo, that's cheap. You can't edgehog, that's cheap. You can't use tornado, that's cheap. You can't f*cking move at all, that's cheap. Items and FFAs? Definitely not cheap, only way to actually test individual player skill, of course >_> Easily solved by not playing with people who live under a different ruleset or can't handle the fact that they suck.

I have a friend, who isn't a scrub, knows he's not that great, but still plays with me every once in a while for the hell of it, knowing that I pull off all sorts of ganon shenanigans that would make scrubs cry to their moms. He doesn't john at all (lol his name is jon), because he knows what he's capable of, accepts it, and just plays with people for fun under whatever their rules may be.

Another friend of mine, who's better than the first guy I mentioned, is a scrub in a sense. I use tornado or camp and he goes "WTF THATS SO CHEAP". Dodge all of his attacks? WTF STOP RUNNING AWAY (I'm spotdodging btw). Spike people or aggressively edgeguard? Same thing as #1, it's 'cheap'.

I was at some gaming thing at my school, where some random kid beat Atomsk in a FFA and started talking smack about how he was the sh*t. Needless to say, this guy sucked and used marth thinking it was still melee (you know what I mean), and got 3stocked in a 1 on 1. At least he took it without whining, but really, when people don't know their place, kick them into it, and get some friends if necessary.

Just play with those that enjoy to play the same way as you and don't gripe about losing too much. This is why I enjoy going to tournaments so much (especially friendlies), people have the same 'rules', so it's still somewhat serious but still enjoyable.

Poret

Smash Rookie
I play with this one kid from time to time. He is definitely a scrub. Anything from tourney's to just simple matches online or off he has some excuse when he loses to my friends or I. Not just with Brawl but with other competitive games too like Guitar Hero and Mario Kart. If one of my friends snakes in MK or chaingrabs in Brawl it is considered a "cheap" move and "he could've won if they didn't do that."

I remember the first time I ever played him in a tourney he started the match by saying "Get ready for my infinite combo with Marth!" Turns out his so called infinite combo was him short hopping and doing two consecutive fairs. First time he does it I get hit twice and end up behind him. So much for the infinite combo:laugh:. I won the match. Later on in the tourney he got beat by my friend who was playing as Captain Falcon AND he doesn't have a Wii. Apparently my friend was too spammy :ohwell:.

Can't say I never was a scrub either. I was playing Mario Kart Wii with my friend today. He had a huge lead over and everyone was giving me crap about losing. I did make a comment about him being obsessed with the game and everything. Now after hearing these stories about scrubs I kinda feel like a **** about saying that. He is clearly better than me and I should've just accepted that instead of making excuses.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I actually showed up AT A TOURNAMENT once and started playing friendlies for warm up. I was Falco, and playing against an Ike I'd never met before. After I spot dodge several hits, he throws down his controller and screams "How are you doing this? My hits are going right on you and not doing anything! You're cheating!"

I proceeded to explain to him what a spot-dodge is while chain grabbing him into a lethal spike :)

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
lawlz, was that @ the kerr tourney angel?

i remember being scared of a zelda player i'd never met before for the mere fact that he played zelda and totally ripping him a new a-hole. i proceeded to save the match because i got one of my coolest meteors during that match.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Yeah, it was. That made me pretty confident of my chances. **** Mike Lee and his epic Lucario, though.

Kirkon

Smash Cadet
Well, I have a friend who is not only a scrub, but he sucks too. He is the biggest scrub you'll ever meet. He uses Luigi, and as you would expect, he uses only Smashes and Fire Jump Punch. So his one time, there was a party at my house, and my scrub friend came to play Brawl. Later on, one of my little cousins came(he is god awful at Brawl, but he is a very good sport, and will not complain, even if you Infinite him(he enjoys it...weird, i know). So the 3 of us got together(no homo) to play Brawl. He insisted on turning all items on High so he could win. But of course, I turned them back off when he wasn't looking. I chose Kirby, my friend used Luigi, and my cousin used Link. For some reason, it was on 20 stocks. I chose Final Destination. Then my scrub friend put NO CONTEST, saying things like "That stage is unfair, anyone can camp and then use an Ougi attack at high percents!". This went on until we agreed on Yoshi's Island. We were fighting, and Luigi was whiffing smashes and UpBs. Link was doing his usual projectle spam, and I was doing grabs. On Luigi's last stock, I Kirbycided him. The first person to die was Luigi...or at least he would have died, but he put NO CONTEST before he could die. And he said:

"THATS SO CHEAP! IT DOESNT TAKE SKILL TO KIRBYCIDE OR S*** OUT BOMBS!!! YOU SUCK!!! AND I WAS GOING EASY ON YOU ANYWAY!!" PLUS YOU TWO GRABBED THE LEDGE EVERYTIME I TRIED TO RECOVER!! CHEAP B****ES!!!!!!"

EDIT: Didn't realize I bumped an old thread. I'm in for it now...

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
upside of scrubs : combo fodder

downside: they quit after you combo

solution? find moar.

Kirkon

Smash Cadet
lol, I agree, although with my scrub friend, I cant do any 2+ Hit Combo(in some cases, that includes Jabs) without him putting No Contest.

Kirkon

Smash Cadet
And when you want a few laughs. Its so funny the things they b**** about

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
lol

Funny thing is, they can ***** about nothing, and even stuff that doesn't make sense!

Like for example, I beat a scrub with my Captain Falcon. What did the scrub say? "HEY WTF CAPTIN FALCON IS SO CHEAP!!!!", when captain falcon is the second worst character in the game. Oh and btw, the scrub was playing Metaknight.

Also, one time, I hit a scrub with a D-tilt. He said "Hey not fair! My controller didn't work when I was trying to crouch!". That was hilarious, because you can't even avoid Kirby's dtilt by crouching :lol:

The same scrub also called me a scrub when I reflected his projectile spam.

Well, scrubs will be scrubs...

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Here's what you do, you beat them hard, and after you either show them the error of their ways, or, if they keep *****ing, stop being friends with them because they are ****ing ********.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Man. My problem is that I actually lose to scrubs. Well, only online, but it still happens. Something about roll spam and using the same projectile move over and over without moving really throws my game off, ya know? Usually I end up winning after my mind gets used to the shock, but man it's like a mindgame! And yet when I play real competitive players, I'm more skilled than the average bear.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
upside of scrubs : combo fodder

downside: they quit after you combo

solution? find moar.
If you play nothing but scrubs (which I did for Brawl for about half the time I played it), when you actually play a pro player or enter a tourney, you will be in for a pretty big shock.

There is a balance to these things. Playing scrubs is good for knowing how to counter spam techniques, but bad when you build your rep on it.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I only play smash with a tight knot of friends, and they're well aware of the going ons of the competitive community. One of my friends hasn't been to a tourney and has barely been to this forum. He can still beat me (although, that may be due to the fact that I suck).

Point is, I have a different type of noobetry.

•You're super pissed because you lost. No johns. You're just pissed and can't take a loss.
•The acceptance and belief that you suck really bad. "What? It doesn't matter. I suck anyway. sadface"

I can imagine your scrub sucking beyond all recognition, but nothing pisses me off more than a sloth.

EDIT: Aww... :( Old thread.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Now this is what I call an acceptable bump. A **** good blog this was, reminds me of the old days.

Wow though, this blog is so old that I wasn't even posting in yellow.
This also reminds me of the current Meta Knight debate.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Lol I y sister is a scrub so i deal with this **** everytime i play smash. but the worst scrub i ever met was my classmate who believed snake was invincible. so i 3 stock him with Lucario and he starts beating me up! and his buddies joined in too. and mom wondered where i got all my wounds....

edit. a less violent scrub actually is a good thing. My cousin's a scrub but all he does is complain on how i do AT's so I basically use him as a practice dummy worse than a lvl 1

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
All of you are dumb.

How did you not notice this was a necro'd thread? Someone bumped it for giggles.

Top Bottom