• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scorpion Master who?

Shroomed

Smash Master
I wanna make a combo vid cuz I have a ton of footage but I suck at video editing

mario's fsmash may outrange everything doc has but it's not good enough to spam...it'll become easy to read

have any of u noticed when you get around 87% and higher, u can tell when fox is going to go for an usmash? Kinda like that

j3ly

Smash Champion
i'd continue but its been done before! agree to disagree see you in america some time

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
lol ill sub in for J3ly......hey shroomed i like you doc BTW

Fsmash is only predictable if the mario constantly use it. Me for instance only Fsmash when I want to finish a combo(can easily be replaced with a Nair), do a jab reset(I usually just grab), I know you dont sweetspot so ill angle it downwards towards the ledge(I can cape or space a fair), or I know your going to Shffl ANY aerial (I can shield grab, Utilt, or Bair).

your right you can tell when fox is going to Upsmash but if the fox Dair>Waveshine>Upsmash what can you really do?

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
I wanna make a combo vid cuz I have a ton of footage but I suck at video editing

mario's fsmash may outrange everything doc has but it's not good enough to spam...it'll become easy to read

have any of u noticed when you get around 87% and higher, u can tell when fox is going to go for an usmash? Kinda like that
seems like the higher percentage people get the more predictable they become

too much fear I guess

j3ly

Smash Champion
depending on ur version u may be able to SDI the hits of dair

you can also SDI and ASDI the shine towards or away - away -> buffer roll or towards + CC -> jab

you can also CC the usmash meaning you can survive until like 120%, but you have to have feet on the ground for that to work

typically talking tho ur just gnna get usmashed and star KO'd nearly every time haha!

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
depending on ur version u may be able to SDI the hits of dair

you can also SDI and ASDI the shine towards or away - away -> buffer roll or towards + CC -> jab

you can also CC the usmash meaning you can survive until like 120%, but you have to have feet on the ground for that to work

typically talking tho ur just gnna get usmashed and star KO'd nearly every time haha!
how do you tell which version you have? this is somehting ive wondered for a very long time

and yeah, sdi on fox's dair ***** him. especially if your character has a decent grab range so you can grab him right away (not too sure if mario can do this well)

j3ly

Smash Champion
original version - you cant (A)SDI moves that do 1% or less.
anything else - you can

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
"MODEL No DO - 006" is on the disk

does this mean version 6? whatever, cuz im sure mine can (a)sdi hits that do under 1%

j3ly

Smash Champion
i think it alternates between 1% hits and 2% hits, but i deliberately didn't mention fox's dair. it mainly effects zelda's and pichu's fsmashes. related to mario, some of his upB hits do between 0.5% and 2%, so there may be a tiny difference there in the first version of smash.

a rookie

Smash Ace
lol ill sub in for J3ly......hey shroomed i like you doc BTW

Fsmash is only predictable if the mario constantly use it. Me for instance only Fsmash when I want to finish a combo(can easily be replaced with a Nair), do a jab reset(I usually just grab), I know you dont sweetspot so ill angle it downwards towards the ledge(I can cape or space a fair), or I know your going to Shffl ANY aerial (I can shield grab, Utilt, or Bair).

your right you can tell when fox is going to Upsmash but if the fox Dair>Waveshine>Upsmash what can you really do?
You can't do anything really, just DI(down, towards, or away) the shine to throw off the expected distance in where fox would normally know where you're going after the shine OR(this one's better) smash DI out of the down-air so the fox misses the shine. Which in turn, you grab or roll away. I haven't done it, cuz I ALWAYS forget, luls! =D

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
yeah we're discussing which verisions allow the smash DI of fox's dair above

I love when I jab a fox and because it messes up his technical rhythm, he likes air dodges randomly or something lol

also when you're below 20% or so what would be the best way to DI an usmash from fox?

like if you do it downwards he could start a tech chase on you, but if you DI it up and away then he can probably uair you

Shroomed

Smash Master
everyone says SDI, how do you even SDI? i jus hold away from the drill and spam grab and sometimes i get out of the drill, the shine misses, and i grab them

to me that's jus regular DI

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
i think sdi would be if you wait until drill is hitting you, then you hit the stick away from the drill. Or if you wiggle it in quarter circles away from the drill.

what youre doing is asdi and its probably just as good as smash di for the drill, but for other situations (like ledgeteching) sdi is a must.

basically, sdi sends you 2/3 the width of puff and asdi sends you 1/3 the width of puff everytime tthat you get an input. (i think thats the distances, i know ive heard that before anyways)

regular di means you get hit and you just influence the direction you get sent flying, which I'm sure you already know about cuz youre DI in your set vs lucien i just watched was sick

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6337/theillustratedguidetodi.png

Super helpful guide.

When you get hit by an attack, there's a brief period in which you lag and don't move. It's pretty noticable with moves like zelda's fair and bair, there's a moment in which you don't move, then you shoot off.

SDI occurs during this hitlag , and moves your character in the air.

On the last frame of hitlag, you can DI, influencing the knockback trajectory. It's at this point that you get knocked away. How you get knocked away is based on the attack's knockback and trajectory, and your di.

You then go into hitstun, where you can't do anything but tech.

And then after hitstun, you're free to input whatever.

So to SDI fox's drill.

F M

If fox drills you from the left, you want to input to 963596359635 etc. on the control stick. Basically doing a semicircle in the opposite direction of what fox is at. You can only input SDI when you're being hit, so you'll want to stop spinning the control stick as soon as fox lands and get ready to react.

And of course, do semi circles on the opposite side if fox is on the right.

I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.

Edit: Ninja'd with a much better and brief explanation haha. The image is super helpful though.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6337/theillustratedguidetodi.png

Super helpful guide.

When you get hit by an attack, there's a brief period in which you lag and don't move. It's pretty noticable with moves like zelda's fair and bair, there's a moment in which you don't move, then you shoot off.

SDI occurs during this hitlag , and moves your character in the air.

On the last frame of hitlag, you can DI, influencing the knockback trajectory. It's at this point that you get knocked away. How you get knocked away is based on the attack's knockback and trajectory, and your di.

You then go into hitstun, where you can't do anything but tech.

And then after hitstun, you're free to input whatever.

So to SDI fox's drill.

F M

If fox drills you from the left, you want to input to 963596359635 etc. on the control stick. Basically doing a semicircle in the opposite direction of what fox is at. You can only input SDI when you're being hit, so you'll want to stop spinning the control stick as soon as fox lands and get ready to react.

And of course, do semi circles on the opposite side if fox is on the right.

I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.

Edit: Ninja'd with a much better and brief explanation haha. The image is super helpful though.
seikend here to save the day. Funny thing is I actually learned something

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Nah, that would be me haha.

I might know stuff about the game, but I can't play it for ****.

Johns about playing Bowser, no Falco practice etc. etc.

j3ly

Smash Champion
easily the best bowser i've played tho, ur mario matchup is really really good :)

i mean.. yeh yeh, i 4 stocked shroomed in a MM :)

it was so easy. spammed dtilt and upB walljump stall.

Top Bottom