• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Right, well, I play with Socal regularly and I can vouch for at least the DI of the people I've played. WC DI isn't nearly as bad as you guys make it out to be.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
idk about that

i dont get how silent spectre can downthrow chaingrab people to the edge and still get the dropzone

hes done it to EC people to tho...

idk maybe people are just scared of him lol

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
people DI in first because their first reaction is they don't want to end up off the edge, and they get chaingrabbed, and by then they've let go of in, and get dropzoned.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
no way

im talking about like almost in the middle of dreamland

theres no excuse for that bs

hes done like 3 downthrow's

thats too much, i dont approve

after the first i would be like ok di away

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I think it's the fact that they're playing Jeff. He's scary to play if you know that you're playing him. XD

The first time I played him I didn't know it was Jeff and I was doing fairly decent against him then a friend came up and said "wow Zephyr, didn't know you were this good against SS" and then I started choking cuz I was nervous. XD

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
why do people complain about DI? your opponent has to DI somewhere (nowhere also being somewhere). and falcon has different follow ups for different DI's. I don't understand... just play and get better and find stuff out instead of randomly posting in a topic with snippits of useful information and then jona posts and other spam and ****.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
In some cases, DIing the dthrow away is more detrimental, especially off the ledge. They go flying out there and not only can you just dropzone uair to basically kill them, but you can jump out there and knee their forward/up b.

One time on CK I stomped him at like 50% or so by the edge on Dreamland and I grabbed him and I WAITED a second or two before dthrowing him. He DI'd it away, I walked off the ledge then ledge teched kneed him out of his up b almost instantly. Ha that's what happens when you DI away.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I didn't recognize him cuz I'd only been on the smash scene for a year around then XD I knew who SS was, I'd just never met him before.

And plenty of people play green falcon.

OK, not really, but there's more than just Jeff. >_>

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
green and black are probably my favorite

i dont really care what color i use

i do scar color's + red because im not gay and avoid red like the plague (SCAR)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Me too lol... but I hate when people won't give up the green color in doubles matches :\
I KNOW!!! **** pisses me off! If I don't have the green Falcon in teams I'll keep thinking I'm the other guy :(

green and black are probably my favorite

i dont really care what color i use

i do scar color's + red because im not gay and avoid red like the plague (SCAR)
Isai was always red Falcon in teams ;)

`DNS`

Smash Lord
pink is the best falcon
because it promotes breast cancer awareness

ALSO is ISAI really going to pound??
or am i being trolled hard

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I hear rumors he was going to Genesis but he just stayed home and played smash64 with Superboom when he went down. Im not sure if I would believe rumors about him going to pound 4 lol. I could be mistaken though I guess.

K but seriously, Falcon is the hardest character to get good with ever. T_T

Lovage

Smash Hero
did i ever show you guys LOVE JUMPING???

dash attack into the edge of FD
hold back so u fall off
walljump + knee x3

i can do 4 but its tough
edit: looool knee makes it sooo much easier
i can't believe i never tried that before (even tho i've been messing around with this for 2 years)

knee is the easiest way to do the most walljumps, but bair is for pimps.
in terms of how much momentum it stalls, it seems knee>dair>uair>bair. i dunno where nair goes cuz its too tricky for me

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
WC di is pretty much just hold away, sometimes late. Last hit we get a little sdi for survival tho.
that's not the original west coast DI joke. It became misinterpretted to mean you guys hold out on everything and die fast, but originally it was that you guys DI into every combo imaginable.

Top Bottom