• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC Bi-Weeklies -- Test Your Might! -- Date: 08/28/09 Next: POSTPONED

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Just got back from summer break! I looked at the recent dates and the last one was Friday and the upcoming one is Saturday? Are the days going to be dependent on what players want? If so, FYI Sundays would be great for me. Ryan is most likely free to go on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday but he need a ride hence he probably can't go unless I go...

Tossing this idea out, Ryan has an apartment now with is gamer friends so he might consider doing SC Bi-weeklies/monthlies as well. Want to see if there's any interest in that. Location: Clemson, SC.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
i cant wavedash but ive heard my gannondorf is pretty mean.
Big G's jump animation is a few frames longer than some people. You need to input the dodge a few moments later than you'd think.

I ****ing love melee.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I just picked up Blazblue for mah PS3.

:D

Also, I think I'm comming.

Also, you guys know not to expect my appearance.

Also, hi.

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there.
At least one, probably two of my friends'll be coming with me. Azzy's trying to put down Brawl cuz he thinks he's badass at BlazBlue. I'll try to get him there too.
Speaking of BlazBlue, we got a setup for that? if not, I can bring my 360 and my delicious 23" monitor for 1080p HD fighting brilliance :3
I'm amped. Haven't played Brawl in quite a while... gotta get back in shape :O

ptown

Smash Ace
cool thunder.

i'll be here then.
i'll be playing melee and brawl.

i might need a partner.
who wants to be a potential team with me?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
i have never played blazblue. ever.

but i hear so much about it that i cant wait to try. so thunder make it happen. and thanks crio, i just did it. for the first time. i did it. yes!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
cool thunder.

i'll be here then.
i'll be playing melee and brawl.

i might need a partner.
who wants to be a potential team with me?
I'm down for teams if you are.
I suck at Melee so I wouldn't wanna bring you down in that. So I'm just offering for Brawl.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
My first impressions of Blazblue:

This game is really fun. It's a little curse heavy so I had to turn down the volume so my parents wouldn't hear :/

Every character is so charming, I don't know who I want to main. I'm leaning toward Rachel (She's awesome) But I also like Noel, Nu, Tao, Jin, Carl, Litchi, Tager, and Arakune >.>

As of right now, I'm only 30% through Ragna's story mode, besides just standard matches, that's all I've done. So yeah, so far I really like the game

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
Oh balls. I just got beaten by a level 9...?
PRACTICE TIME, GO!

It's a little curse heavy so I had to turn down the volume so my parents wouldn't hear :/
Just... don't play Ragna. Or to a lesser extent.. Jin. ^^;

Well... I suppose there are going to be problems anywhere you turn...

*beats Taokaka as Litchi*

"MY BREASTS AREN'T STEAM BUNS!"

>_>
<_<

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Only one person showing some interest of a possible SC bi-weekly or monthly at Clemson? ::sigh::

Thunder, I play Blazblue. If you ever want to get-together for Brawl I'll can come with Ryan. For Blazblue I can bring another friend.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
im telling you devin probally would be, and if devin is, that means bo is, and if devin and bo are interested then that means adam will get in on it, and thunder and his "HOMIES" live in clemson. so thats like a thousand and sixth people right there. not to mention brandon and joe joe.

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
im telling you devin probally would be, and if devin is, that means bo is, and if devin and bo are interested then that means adam will get in on it, and thunder and his "HOMIES" live in clemson. so thats like a thousand and sixth people right there. not to mention brandon and joe joe.
Thissssss.

I mean, I live up here. How can I not go and call myself a player?
Technically, my friends live in Rock Hill, but I'd bet a considerable amount of money that they'd come to this. They get to visit me and they also get to play Smash! What's not to like (besides the two-hour drive, which isn't bad at all)?
Not to mention, there's four dudes in the apartment complex I'm in who play, and they're pretty good, and they're interested. If the rest of the state would come up here, we could have a pretty hoppin' setup going down.

Also, sure Khai, we can play BB- I'm pretty sure you'd **** me, I'm merely decent at BB, but hey, it's fun to play.

Man, I've got a lot of games to play all of a sudden... (like that's a bad thing :D)

Lareit

Smash Ace
ptown is comming to this?

Then so am I

Wait...the 28th? I'm moving the 28th

Nm

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
ptown is comming to this?

Then so am I

Wait...the 28th? I'm moving the 28th

Nm
D: Your moving OOS?
I hear our best BB players here are not even half as good as the ones in Japan....
The games still fairly new, it'll get better.

EDIT: I'm becoming a pretty strong Jin player if I do say so myself.

ptown

Smash Ace
you got good or laggy tv(s) at the venue?

hello adam. too bad i'm not seeing you.

Lareit

Smash Ace
D: Your moving OOS?

The games still fairly new, it'll get better.

EDIT: I'm becoming a pretty strong Jin player if I do say so myself.
Jin's a pyschotic ***monkey

who is also easy as ballz

Play something less terrible.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
>.> He's fun to play. He can freeze stuff.
I would play Carl since there's 2 of them. But he looks kinda wierd.
For right now I just main Rachel and Jin, I'll experiment with more people as I get more experience with the game.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
What's the final schedual? My parents want to know what time they need to drop me off and pick me up.

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
Kack, play Jin if you like him, but I swear if I see any of this...

... I'm going to have to ridicule you.

Also, yeah. My monitor is good for BB, but not Smash. Wii's got no HDMI port, so... My TV is also too massive for me to lug back and forth. How many TVs do we have for this? Who's bringing setups? Heck, who's coming? We need info soon, if this is two days away.

BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM IS AWESOME. CHOO CHOOOOO.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero

• Also, yeah. My monitor is good for BB, but not Smash. Wii's got no HDMI port, so... My TV is also too massive for me to lug back and forth. How many TVs do we have for this? Who's bringing setups? Heck, who's coming? We need info soon, if this is two days away.
  • BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM IS AWESOME. CHOO CHOOOOO.

ill bring a setup. my tv is huge though, and i have weak arms for a man so imma need some strong ones.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
If I can get a ride to this I'd love to come. I can bring a full setup for melee but not brawl I'm afraid =<. Would love to play with Peach in the tournament and would gladly help pay gas money if somebody went out of their way to pick me up.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I love it when Jin players are all like "It's a car" and then they come flying at me.

then I 63214B 4A B C 421C 2D 41236D 720` D.

It all starts with a SLEDGE baby.

I'm very likely not coming to this. we'll see.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
I am a Jin main! Is Jin is worst than V-13? I rarely do ice car. Actually I don't throw to much freeze out there. Should to be easy to break out of if you play against a lot of Jins.

I'll let you guys know if Ryan decides to do some kind of SC get-together.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
@ Kack -- I put the final times in bold

I have a Wii plus a TV and a [lagless] projector -- With Brawl and Melee -- So two screens to play on from me at least

@ Snapp -- If your coming Dev is coming right? because he is bringing the extra chairs for dubz....if not then that limits how many TV's we can play dubz on....

-- Someone, if they can help Kidd out -- He should be good for gas...

I was hoping for simple 20'' TV's but if you can get them here then fine with me...

So from what I know thats --

4 Wiis/Cubes (lolz) Brawl -- Melee? I have a copy but thats only one...

and Like 3 screens to play....****....

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
Hey Kidd, you need a ride? I'm almost positive my route to Rock Hill through Clemson will take me though Greer, if that's where you are... Mind PM'ing me a zip code so I can Mapquest it?

Also, I ran into a friend of mine on the bus today- Zero? Jeff? I was naming off some of you guys and he knew you :o He might ride with me to this and play some maylayyyyy :O

TigerZER0

Smash Rookie
Oh, by the power of ShizWiz. I'ma have to reply to a thread once I'm summoned as such. And good ole Holy Marth (aka Kidd) literally lives a short Falcon Kick away from my house. I may be able to pull some strings to get said buddy transported up to Clemson, and the three of us (Thunder, Kidd, and myself) can convoy our way up to this shindig. Just a forward to anyone who's up for it..... Falcon ditto on Brinstar? Lava combos? Abraham Lincoln money matches?

TigerZER0

Smash Rookie
ZOMG double post. Just talked to another melee player (Juicebox). Seems that Kidd had neglected to mention to either of the melee bros that live <5 minutes from his house that a smash-happening was going down. I talked with Juicebox and he can pick up Kidd (if Kidd picks up his phone) >_>

ptown

Smash Ace
so the real time to be here is 3:00 pm and the fake time to trick people is 11:00 am.

nice.

Top Bottom