• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC Bi-Weeklies -- Test Your Might! -- Date: 08/28/09 Next: POSTPONED

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Didn't we all agree actually play Jin....Snapp.

Not just Ice car -- I say spamming is a delicious tactic -- I love me some spam sammich!!!

:starman:

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Crio -- You could have been here for BB but instead you pulled a Devin and missed it! lollz

Kidd showed....KIDD -- that says something....
I didn't miss it.

I chose not to come.

And I would have ***** every single one of you at BlazBlue. Ice car < SLEDGE.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I didn't miss it.

I chose not to come.

And I would have ***** every single one of you at BlazBlue. Ice car < SLEDGE.
Therefore you still missed it....and missed all the Tager/Litchi/Bang (**** JMAN) ****

You would have at the least gone toe to toe with Thunder....

His Litchi is effing ridiculous!!!!!!!

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Therefore you still missed it....and missed all the Tager/Litchi/Bang (**** JMAN) ****

You would have at the least gone toe to toe with Thunder....

His Litchi is effing ridiculous!!!!!!!
Missing something implies that I wanted to go in the first place.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I srsly need tips on how to play this game. I have the basics down and I'm decent. But..yeah Compared to everyone else I plain suck.

Lou_Squeegee

Smash Rookie
Shouts to people:
Thunder is a BB Drug-Dealer... im hooked, and i cant afford the junk.
L is a beast Haku-men, and all around good guy.... dopeness.
Juicebox,Kidd,and Zero.. cool people, come to the next one.
Ptown. thanks for bringin chairs.. and not remembering me :( sadpanda is sad.
0mega... thanks for being my best friend in the whole wide world? :D
snap. thanks for spamming my tager to death. :( but srsly sorry about the zelda spam in teams
ARS... what is there to say about the dr.pepper wielder. good show, and congrats on winning?
vince, thanks for being my teammate and im sorry i let you down.
KALE - sick gauges d00d. you seem super chill, and i like that! come back again!
and last but not least... JMAN.... idk what to say, thanks for being cool! and picking adam instead of me. :\

Things i found out at this tourney...
We can fit more people than we thought.
SC has somewhat of a good turnout. (*not really*)
I main Tager, and 2ndary Noel.
I quit Brawl/Melee. (only b+ from now on)
BLAZBLUE > Smash (i know this is blasphemous on smashboards)
I have the capability to walk half a mile to taco bell and back, while not dying of a heart attack.
Ice Car/Jin spam = fail.
"BOOBIES!"

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Lol you should advertise for Blaz Blue. You'd get a LOT of attention at these things.

Keon would probably come and **** everyone like he always does. I guess he still plays this stuff I dunno since I moved to Charleston I don't see any of the GG / BB guys anymore.

Kiyosuyo

Smash Cadet
TRC do you still play melee? I thought I remembered yay saying a while back that you quit? I was just curious seeing as you're not THAT far away from us.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Lol you should advertise for Blaz Blue. You'd get a LOT of attention at these things.

Keon would probably come and **** everyone like he always does. I guess he still plays this stuff I dunno since I moved to Charleston I don't see any of the GG / BB guys anymore.
TRC I missed you.

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
OH

That explains a lot, lol. I wasn't sure who you were on Smashboards ^^;

Regardless, I had a lot of fun at this. This is actually a very, very good venue. Accessible from the freeway, spacious, clean... lots of outlets... a projector that only has a microscopic amount of lag on it... good gooooood.
Actually, I was talking to someone about this (I'm pretty sure it was Kidd?)- I have the necessary tools to split a signal from a Wii to two sources- to alleviate the lag problem, we just source one to a TV, and use the projector as more of a monitor. Of course, that requires more TVs, which is the one thing that was a problem at this tourney- lack of setups. However, we didn't have a whole bunch of people, so we made it work- there were just no TVs to play friendlies on, which kinda excluded some of the Melee guys... but they were great sports about it, hats off to them!
Blazblue was also loads of fun. I'm glad you guys seemed to enjoy it. It's a great game, isn't it? It was awesome to be able to play it with real people again (my internet is too horrible at school to play it online =/ )
As long as interest is there, I'll keep bringing it with me.
*****es don't know about my Litchi Faye Ling <3

Shoutout time!

Omega- I'm super-glad I was able to meet you in real life, man. You're a cool guy. I'm hyped for the next one, but I'm not going to be able to make it ;______;
Actually... you didn't play in any of the tourneys, did you? o.o

Kidd- Geez dude, you're just all-around awesome. Great Melee skills, great Brawl skills (I saw that Peach... that was very, very impressive, I'm mad we didn't get to play a match >_<), great sense of humor, great musician (perfect pitch?! say whaaaaat :o ), and to top all that off, a great sport about everything (not just game-related)? Jam, son. Was awesome riding there and back with ya. Anytime you need a ride in the Rolling Thunder, just let me know. ;D Sorry we got back so late, I hope that double shift turned out alright for you ;-;
POST THE HYPE-MOBILE!

Jeff/TigerZERO- Haha, to think that if I hadn't ran into you on Wednesday, none of this would have happened :O I'm glad you rolled with me, it was pretty sweet. We're going to have to throw down on that GG/BB... maybe even some Melee?! If I can make it work for me, I will, Melee looks too fun...

Juicebox- Was cool having you on the trip with me, man. You're a cool guy, I wish they had some more Melee for you guys to play, I don't think I got to see you fight :O
*insert cooking joke here*

Snap- MAN SNAP
YOU SO PRO AT BB
You don't even NEED to look at the screen... hahahaha...
But yeah guy, always awesome seein' ya. Had fun once again. KEEP REPPIN' THAT FALCO, I'm loving that improvement, it's delicious <3
I'll probably be on Champions Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll let you guys know, obviously.

Kale- I met you once before, didn't I? At Devin's once? Maybe not, lol, but regardless, it was cool seeing/meeting you. You're just as cool as Snap is. :D
also your ear gauges are epic :O

8bit- Hey man, you're supercool. It's not like I was TRYING to get you hooked on BB... but I mean... I know where you can get it cheap... just pass the money to me <_<
Lol, I'm kidding, but yeah man. Good stuff~
LITCHI FAYE LING VS LITCHI FAYE LING
GORILLA FATE IS TURNING
REBAL WON
ACTION!
*puts down controller*

ptown- Man, I'm mad I didn't get to play you at all >< Ah well, from what I can tell, you're kind of amazing... Thanks for the chairs, and I hope you had a good time :D

JMan- Bah, that tournament didn't do much but make me sad you're leaving =/ Good luck, man. Was fun hanging with ya. also BANGBANGBANGBANG

Adam- Good stuff, guy. Quite impressive for you to go full Falcon and do so well- making me feel ******** because you're reading me like a book :<
Also, that 2liter was amazing, I've meant to do that since they changed the Pepsi bottles :O

Devin- Augh, I wish you'd been there ;_; Next time, guy! Next time!
Also I've got to play Champions with you guys- as soon as I can find a time when you're online at the same time as me, I'll talk to you about that :O

Crio- Shame you decided not to come... there's no way we can see how **** this Tager is until you actually come and show him to us :O
Hope he can handle my Sexy Faye Ling...

All in all, good show, guys. Looking forward to next time I can come and hang out with you all. :D

Thunder- Holy **** dude, your Litchi is ****ing absurd. That time you triple-grabbed L' and comboed out of it into hatsu chun for the win?! No. NOOOOOO. I just had to run away from you in fear.

:3

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
That Triple grab on L' was CRAZII -- yeah I LMAO when you **** near crashed into the wall from running away....

It was like halfway through the combo -- you didn't even care what else happened in that match...but you finished it....and left L' in complete awe....... :D

*loud screaming, Thunder crashes into the wall* *we all laugh* L'= Silence

TigerZER0

Smash Rookie
Yea, Wednesday was all like "LOL Hey it's Thunder =O! Cool waiting for a bus that's 10 minutes late ya know?" "Ahh, yea! These buses rock. Did I mention I was going to a smash tournament on Friday?" *ears perk up* "Smash tournament you say?" Great times, skipping class to make it on time and such. Vid gamez FTW. PS, there are WaBa weeklies in Duluth Georgia starting next weekend. Check out the thread, I'm thinking of attending. Duluth is only about 2 hours away (rather than the almost 4 that is Rock Hill; No Johns though). If anyone else would like to attend as well, hit me up. I've got access to an apartment in ATL that we can use if necessary.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Well I most definitely had a good time playing Melee, playing people with my Peach and using my secondaries in tournament matches so that I may improve upon my other characters. As usual I have some shoutouts for many people!

Jman- You did great with Sonic in this tournament! It was a pleasure to play you in Brawl Singles. The reads you played on me were exceptional and educational to me. I'm proud of you to see your improvements- We'll play in the future so you know I'll be coming back for a rematch. =P Until then I do declare you the better player, good games man!

Ptown- I have to say, you're a really cool guy. From playing you in Melee singles to playing Brawl Doubles with you, I had one heck of a good time playing with you. That Captain Falcon you showed me in Melee was really great- your Nairs were very fluent and your Dairs were very good at tech reading. I did my best but in the end what can I say? You're the better player, both in melee and Brawl. I'll keep training and maybe in the future I'll come back and give you a tougher time, eh? =) Good games man.

?????- This is to the Lancaster player that beat me with Zelda earlier on. I'm really sorry that I forgot your name, I wanted to say that I enjoyed our matches, and that I meant no offense by changing to Yoshi/Game And Watch when we played. I did that because I wanted to work on my secondaries and the best way to do that is to play with them in tournament matches. That was my personal choice to not use Peach, I have no regrets. You were really cool man, keep beasting in brawl!

Thunder- DANG dude you're really awesome lol. It's not everyday you meet somebody who's as interesting as you are (NO HOMO LOL) =P. A musician, smasher, and just a chill dude in general. You made the car ride from G-Vegas and back one heck of a good one. Also mad props for letting me get those energy drinks at the gas station. Trust me when I say that saved my life for the double shift.

8bit- Hey man you were a pretty cool guy haha, thanks for hanging with us at Taco Bell =). It's a shame we didn't play though, hopefully next time, okay? =)

Snapp.- I was watching your Falco and I thought that you had some pretty solid game going it on! It was a pleasure to see the man behind the green name. Maybe in the future we can play some friendlies sometime? I'm trying to pick up Falco to and I'd really like to get some help with him.

Arse- Good GOD man you just tore my falcon APART! It's been great seeing you improve over the months. You've gone from me killing you with falcon, to right the other way around! Your reads are superior and your reflexes are just superb. I am glad to say that you are a part of the SC Smash community. You're a great sport, play an even greater character, and represent SC one Falcon punch at a time. Keep it real man, cause it doesn't get much realer than you. =P

Jeff- Lol Juicebox and I had an amazing time with you, I hope you can come up from Clemson sometime so we can play Melee. Good times. =3

Omega- Yo man, I want to thank you for going out of your way to do this for us. Thanks for letting me come down and play at your place today. I look forward to training with you guys in the future. If SC wants to be strong together, SC's gotta train together, true? =)

SC Smash 4 lyfe!
Peace

Kidd

ptown

Smash Ace
melee is fun as heyul.

next time, lets play more of that and get some team games in.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I plan to compete in the next melee event...but thats when we at least get four persons again...

I doubt the very next one we get even two lololz

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Well I'm making another combo video now so my drive for melee just increased by like 30 million. I will be unable to leave this house on the 12th unfortunately, parents out of country, must take care of pets, etc.

but I'll come to one after that, with recording equipment. Anyone who wants in on Use Bombs Wisely 2 needs to go to that one.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Well I'm making another combo video now so my drive for melee just increased by like 30 million. I will be unable to leave this house on the 12th unfortunately, parents out of country, must take care of pets, etc.

but I'll come to one after that, with recording equipment. Anyone who wants in on Use Bombs Wisely 2 needs to go to that one.
I look forward to our next visit...

I'm going through my schedule to see if I even do the next one on the 12th :(

BTW -- I'm working on that Microscopic Lag on the projector -- which I have still not noticed...but I'll keep at it...

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Is there any chance these will be moving to Sunday in the future?

If both Sunday and Friday work for everyone then I'd like to request we have the tournament Sunday. Luu can't make Friday because of classes or something scrub like that and I'm car-less atm so if Sunday works just as well for everyone else that would be preferable.

Luu would probably be in for some melee from time to time and we both are pretty decent at brawl.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
If their on Sunday from now on, (unless brawl is early) won't be able to make it. My parents will say I have school. >.>

But w/e if you can increase the turnout by having them Sunday, then by all means go ahead.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
If their on Sunday from now on, (unless brawl is early) won't be able to make it. My parents will say I have school. >.>

But w/e if you can increase the turnout by having them Sunday, then by all means go ahead.
kack, hush you dont go to tournaments ;P

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Update: The 12th for now is postponed....I have some small school issues to work out...

I'm hoping my issues don't effect the date....but only time will tell

I will put the link for the new thread in here once I finish my **** -- ^_^

-- 0megaZ --

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Update: The 12th for now is postponed....I have some small school issues to work out...

I'm hoping my issues don't effect the date....but only time will tell

I will put the link for the new thread in here once I finish my **** -- ^_^

-- 0megaZ --
...here it goes...

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
no...no it won't go -- Life is life man...

At least chillz until further notice!

****, cut me some slack this just came up like 3 hours ago -- AT SCHOOL!!!!!

ptown

Smash Ace
cut him!!!!!

some slack.

yeah, i understand.
life mang.
nice thang you held for sc last week.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
no...no it won't go -- Life is life man...

At least chillz until further notice!

****, cut me some slack this just came up like 3 hours ago -- AT SCHOOL!!!!!
not disrespecting you. i just knew that venue was too sweet of a spot. somehow it was gonna get cancelled =/ thats life.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
nah, I still have it reserved...I am just finding some things out right now and that will determine if I still do it on the 12th

I'm hoping for the best!

Top Bottom