• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
No. They both get the controllers from the same manufacturer. What is funny is that because of this, the boxes from amazon also have instructions in japanese-.-

A side note: These controllers have VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYY long cords. They're awesome-.-
The long cords are nice and maybe mine was some defect. But I was really disappointed I spent 30+ dollars on a wack controller
Wait so white controllers are actually good and it was just bad luck that Caleb got a defected controller? :confused:

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
It is not one person versus the other, dante... It is EVERYONE versus caleb... Search "gamecube controller" on these forums. Every single person will say the same thing. The only gamecube controllers that can be sold on this planet are the white controllers. Not only are they up to par from the old nintendo controllers, but they are even better. The only reason you would get a bad controller is if the controller was not nintendo (which is VERYYYYYYYY common. more common than getting nintendo controller considering there is only ONE manufacturer in the world) or the shipping was so astronomically terrible that they ****ing threw it into a pit of flames or some thing.

∫unk

Smash Master
by hosting a tournament at least once with proof

it can be for a wifi tournament too, which i don't think is legit

bbr is a lot harder to get into

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Ryan is the c.falcon/ganondorf player that played double ganon in the last UCSB doubles tournament.
k I know him. so huy's point is moot now since you're thinking of the same place. if the smashfest ends up being there, it'll be just fine. it was fine last time, the only thing we lacked last time were setups, not physical space, but we should be fine this time around.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Ye. Hopefully I'll get a response from Ryan today. If not, I'll pester him tomorrow. I'll discuss with him what kind of options we have for setups and TVs and such. I dun wanna bring my huge-*** TV if there isn't room for it.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
I can't make it tonight@caleb, but I'm still looking for some stuff over the weekend. Ryan is unable to do this weekend, so we're waiting on someone to contact Cape or Josh. If that doesn't work, Caleb, are you down to come up to Santa Ynez for some smash?-.- I'll drive if you and Huy can't find another driver.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Yeah if you can provide a ride, Matt I'm hella down. Just tell me when exactly because I have a job so I can schedule around it.

@ oscular: I don't think we've met but I'm always down to meet new ppl lol. My address is 7336 Freeman pl. Goleta, CA. And btw melee only. And you have to leave by 9 30 though :/ if that's ok

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
by the looks of it it seems like no ones coming? i dont wanna be the only person there haha, is anyone else gonna be there?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I can't make it tonight@caleb, but I'm still looking for some stuff over the weekend. Ryan is unable to do this weekend, so we're waiting on someone to contact Cape or Josh. If that doesn't work, Caleb, are you down to come up to Santa Ynez for some smash?-.- I'll drive if you and Huy can't find another driver.
I can't find a driver so I will need you to drive me. :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
hey guys just wanted to put out an invitation to an easter service that my church is having this sunday 9am in the sunken gardens in downtown. If anyone wants to come I will be able to provide rides. Just let me know. :) You don't need to be a Christian to go btw, u just need a genuine interest, however small, in what Christ did that changed the world and shaped our culture forever. If anyone decides to take me up on the offer, maybe they could even spend the night on sat. and then we could just go from my place directly.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
hey guys just wanted to put out an invitation to an easter service that my church is having this sunday 9am in the sunken gardens in downtown. If anyone wants to come I will be able to provide rides. Just let me know. :) You don't need to be a Christian to go btw, u just need a genuine interest, however small, in what Christ did that changed the world and shaped our culture forever. If anyone decides to take me up on the offer, maybe they could even spend the night on sat. and then we could just go from my place directly.
I can't come to this since I have 2 Ch E problems sets due and 2 lab reports due. :( Actually even showing up for Smash Club for this entire quarter seems sketchy. :(

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Okay I double checked stuff, first UCSB Smash Club meeting of Spring Quarter is indeed on April 10th.

At building 387 room 104 (adjacent to the psychology building and the parking lot as usual, I'm eager to meet a lot of you again) starting 6:30 PM.

Don't forget that the club email address is ucsbsmash (AT) gmail (DOT) com

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Huy, I'd like to have smashfest on Saturday instead of Friday so we can play longer. Ryan said he's willing to do NEXT weekend but not THIS weekend, so it's looking more and more likely that it's going to be at my house.

SO! Again!!! This Saturday, April 3rd, we're gonna have a smash fast!!! I can most certainly have it at my place, but if we can find another place in Santa Barbara before then, we'll do it there.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU PLAN TO COME. ALSO LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN CAR-POOL WITH SANTA BARBARIANS. Because I live in Santa Ynez, I will have to go to Santa Barbara to get some people (I honestly don't mind, but it does take time away from smash) if no one can drive. I am willing to take as many people as my car can fit (3 comfortably, 4 reasonably comfortably) from their house and back to their house at the end of the day.

So far, Huy and Caleb are interested in coming. If you guys can't find a ride, I can pick you up and drop you off some time in the evening. We may not do sleep-over like I originally intended because girlfriend wants to go to party that night. I prefer that we start as early as possible so we can get as much smash in as we can. I wake up early (~6:30am), so the earlier you guys wake up, the better. Please let me know what time you guys can come and what time, if any, you have to go home.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Huy, I'd like to have smashfest on Saturday instead of Friday so we can play longer. Ryan said he's willing to do NEXT weekend but not THIS weekend, so it's looking more and more likely that it's going to be at my house.

SO! Again!!! This Saturday, April 3rd, we're gonna have a smash fast!!! I can most certainly have it at my place, but if we can find another place in Santa Barbara before then, we'll do it there.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU PLAN TO COME. ALSO LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN CAR-POOL WITH SANTA BARBARIANS. Because I live in Santa Ynez, I will have to go to Santa Barbara to get some people (I honestly don't mind, but it does take time away from smash) if no one can drive. I am willing to take as many people as my car can fit (3 comfortably, 4 reasonably comfortably) from their house and back to their house at the end of the day.

So far, Huy and Caleb are interested in coming. If you guys can't find a ride, I can pick you up and drop you off some time in the evening. We may not do sleep-over like I originally intended because girlfriend wants to go to party that night. I prefer that we start as early as possible so we can get as much smash in as we can. I wake up early (~6:30am), so the earlier you guys wake up, the better. Please let me know what time you guys can come and what time, if any, you have to go home.
Actually if it is Saturday, then I am unsure but I will let you know like Friday. :(

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
Yes. So is Andrej (I.C.U.). :)
o cool, what year are you?

I might be able to come on saturday if I can get a ride as well (i live in FT). can you let me know what time you plan on going and coming back so i can see if I can make it?

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman

Oh im so down! i would need a ride though. If we can get that place on campus that would be great too. What time would you be willing to pick us up/drop off?

DanteFox

Smash Champion
lol I love how everyone jumps at the opportunity of hitching a ride with gosusheep and ignores the fact that josh can get us a venue in SB. Can't blame you guys. It does sound fun, but the CCS option is more convenient for most people, and there's only so much room in his car anyway. having a smashfest on campus is the way to go.

Oh yeah and what time should I tell josh that we intend on starting the fest? Not too early hopefully.... I guess Josh really has the power in this regard. I told him in the afternoon.... let me know what you guys want.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Dante, what time can we have the CCS building? And what does CCS stand for? Cool Computer Science?-.-

My opposition to playing at UCSB is that if we can't play until afternoon or later, it is not as appealing. I am willing and able to play from frikkin 8:00am to 8:00pm, so the more time available to us, the better. Lemme know.

Also, to cover more bases, Dante, if my house ends up being the better option, you wanna come?

@DrAwesome, Caleb, and Huy

I still need to know what time you guys are able to come and what time you need to go back home. IF we are going to my house, I'd like to know this time so we don't waste time figuring **** out on the day of.

Lastly, I have 1 setup that is mobile (can be at my house or CCS building) and an additional setup that is IMMOBILE (must stay at my house) but I need 1 smash disc. How about other people for setups? *looks at dante*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom