• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sauga Presentz: ~The Alphamale Biweekliez!~ ' Next Date: TBA MELEEE!

What's your vote for Bimonthly name?

• The Alphamale Bimonthlies

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Unleash Your Madnan!! Bimonthlies

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Adnan DOES HATE getting stroked

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • *insert the name of some seriously gay club + Chocolate *****es*

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
K I need numbers, who is planning on coming to this and bringing in setups. the sooner I find out the better, so I know what to expect for setting up my house.

MDK00

Smash Ace
(copy pasta from first post)

Singles: $5 per person
Doubles: $5 per person/$10 per team

*ON THE NORM

Singles: $5 per person
Doubles: $10 per team

Pot. Distribution
60/30/10 for Singles (depending on numbers)
80/20 for doubles
just a suggestion...

on almost all official tournaments singles pot goes out like this...
70/20/10

i dont understand why 1st place shud only make double of what 2nd place made. the person in 1st place came in 1st place for a reason and is suppose to be greatly rewarded. and especially if its a smaller size tournament then that output makes more sense.

this is how we do it with G3 and SRK. i know this is smash but money is money in the end so that **** is all the same.

i mean when u fight for 1st place u shud be playin to get a distinctively higher portion of money not jus dbl of 2nd place =S

anyways ur call

wut time does this event start?

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
just a suggestion...

on almost all official tournaments singles pot goes out like this...
70/20/10

i dont understand why 1st place shud only make double of what 2nd place made. the person in 1st place came in 1st place for a reason and is suppose to be greatly rewarded. and especially if its a smaller size tournament then that output makes more sense.

this is how we do it with G3 and SRK. i know this is smash but money is money in the end so that **** is all the same.

i mean when u fight for 1st place u shud be playin to get a distinctively higher portion of money not jus dbl of 2nd place =S

anyways ur call

wut time does this event start?
We've actually considered this, but since the turnout is average at very best, 2nd place could potentially leave with what they paid for maybe less and its even worse for 3rd. and leme see if im reading this right, you're complaining that first only gets TWICE AS MUCH as second. Honestly, now it just sounds like you're being greedy. ok whoopty doo your making 5$ less than you would if it was 70/20/10. I think there should atleast be SOME benefit to getting 2nd. if there was 10 people then id consider going by 70/20/10. Really why bother questioning the payout.

And you are right, we AREN'T g3 or srk (god i hate srk), so if we decide to things they way srk wants us to do it we might as well turn on smashballs and items, and use thier EVO appointed custom levels and rules.

blarg now I'm just ranting. but yea unless we get bigger numbers, like over double digits. then id take it into consideration (leaning more toward yes). otherwise no.

as for showing up. as early as you want really. my parents are gone for the weekend so its all good

Mike_Echoes

Smash Journeyman
Hey wanted to say thanks again. Me and Nikki had a great time. We're looking forward to the next one see you guys there.

(P.S. Tips and stuff to help me would be appreciated :p )

MDK00

Smash Ace
Hey wanted to say thanks again. Me and Nikki had a great time. We're looking forward to the next one see you guys there.

(P.S. Tips and stuff to help me would be appreciated :p )
I'll comment on ur vids on youtube and post my inputs.

That was EASY.
hahahaha yessss da easy button!!!!

@switchblade: dont get mad at me. im jus givin my input. by no means am i greedy, its just what im use to and the logic to it makes more sense to me but w/e ur rite not SRK and ur not G3.

Gichan

Smash Champion
LOLOLOL@MDK, man yo, you made your money and you still want more! What about if YOU came second!?

Anyways, can't wait to see some of those vids, gotta watch Drix like a hawk, and gotta see you and Bug's grand finals' matches.

By the way, cintdrix (hope you are the IC user) if you live here in Toronto like your profile says, would you consider meeting up sometime to play some friendlies?

And one more thing, that was EASY! (God that owned!)

GI

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol im not a fiend for money pplz. sry i just never heard of the format of 60/30/10 and the idea of it doesnt really much sense to me so yeah, like i sed all tournies i've entered was always 70/20/10 which to me makes the most sense but w/e its kool

i actually care more about everyone comin out to events and being motivated to get better then money. i'd come out to free tournies as well. its all about havin a good time.

srsly the EASY BUTTON is so awesome!
increases tournament hype by 10% lol

btw for anyone who wanted my email its
holla_back_yall@Hotmail.com

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
60/30/10 is SOOO much better.
Just picture you're second place, you won all those matches, just to have someone beat you out once, and suddenly you aren't getting **** compared to him.

MDK00

Smash Ace
yeah i guess so. iunno why everyone is makin a big deal of it lol. but its kool. have it yall way.

btw where are the results?

btw does anyone know what danny and nopractice team name was?

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Agreeing with standards instead of questioning why it is the way it is...

Edit: Our apologies for not reaching this, we noticed it too late lol

Gichan

Smash Champion
Hey MDK, Danny and Fox (Mike)'s team's name was Team Captain Crunch (LOLOLOL) which was the best name in the doubles tourney, all cause of Matt's Cereal box.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Oh man, it hurts to see yourself on video...god my ****ing mistakes in that match with matt...BALLS!

And I can't believe I got a "That was easy" in my match, next time I'm going to EASY on him instead. Thanks for the vids MDK, that **** helps, can't wait for the rest of the doubles.

MDK00

Smash Ace
Oh man, it hurts to see yourself on video...god my ****ing mistakes in that match with matt...BALLS!

And I can't believe I got a "That was easy" in my match, next time I'm going to EASY on him instead. Thanks for the vids MDK, that **** helps, can't wait for the rest of the doubles.
yeah thats definitely been my greatest asset to gettin better in this game, watchin my vids.

i encourage all of you nex time to get more casuals recorded and just watch yourself play. plz feel free to ask me to record any or all of your matches i really dont mind.

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
stupid mother ****ing metaknight lol.

its iight, atleast I know I have a problem with only one character so its ok..I will soon overcome MK since alot of people play with him.

Ill win next time ;)

gg all.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^ A good trick for that Bug is to play around AS the character thats giving you trouble, then you should get a better feel of whats coming at you.

Hahaha and oh man, I've actually had brawl at my house for a couple days now.... meaning I'm actually getting to fool around and sharpen my skills. If you guys don't keep up you'll be even MORE doomed :psycho:

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
no need to play as MK, hes predictable and I know what to do but the speed of his lagless attacks are too much. Sometimes you just gotta sit there and watch him tornado u or dsmash cause sometimes its just impossible to stop.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Exactly, metaknight's attacks are even lagless and faster than G&W, that's ****ed!

And you changed your name bug? Thanks to runaway or I wouldn't have known that was you.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
You know, once I finally started liking Brawl and wanting to play it...I can't. Melee is stuck in my Wii. Which would be fine, if, you know, I didn't have a gamecube to play it on, making the whole situation really ********. Does anyone know about this? Basically it makes a buzzing sound and won't eject the game disk. It makes no sense.

Gichan

Smash Champion
god dammit, my post didn't show to explain to you Grmo!

You might have your second lens dirty, Brawl is a dual layered disc, if this is the case you have to send your wii to nintendo who will clean it free of charge.

Or, it may simply be the update, just update your system

MDK00

Smash Ace
metaknight may be fast and lagless, but lets not forget the player behind the controller...

i've played other metaknights and beaten them w/o too much trouble. everyone who was there yesterday needs to take a closer look at things. MK can be beaten. watch your vids against me closely.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
The only other thing is that just like Snake, different Metaknights play different styles, all in different damaging ways. While some are more similiar then others, what works against one might do nothing for another.
For instance I barely even use the tornado and Up B :psycho:

Oh yeah, and incase anyone didn't know.

God Tier (or just really fcking good beyond a doubt): Metaknight, Snake, GaW, Rob

Seriously....

Gichan

Smash Champion
You do have a point, MDK you play a great metaknight, you know what you are doing. So the god team is someone who knows how to play along with an amazing character

And MDK, don't encourage others to hawk you, they'll end up beating you, wouldn't that suck?

Top Bottom