• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sauga Presentz: ~The Alphamale Biweekliez!~ ' Next Date: TBA MELEEE!

What's your vote for Bimonthly name?

• The Alphamale Bimonthlies

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Unleash Your Madnan!! Bimonthlies

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Adnan DOES HATE getting stroked

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • *insert the name of some seriously gay club + Chocolate *****es*

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MDK00

Smash Ace
yupppp i talked to kingace about it i will definitely be there! sumhow we need to bring da easy button or else -10% tournament hype! lol

gta invades niagara. word! i like it!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Updated!

I've set the date for May 31st to be Melee. Dunno if anyone is pushing Niko into making his event a Melee + Brawl event. But this event is a 100% so you guys can count on it.

GEORGIA PREP!

Sanu

Smash Champion
There's Georgia prep at David's house that day, lol. I doubt Scarborough will bother to come out to Sauga that weekend. Waste of money.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
point well taken, I thought of this earlier, but how bout we talk to david and see if we can have a smashterbation instead of an alphamale, if they are for it and want to come down here I'm all for it because I love them, but im saying itd be nice if i had atleast one biweekly off .__.

Niko_K

Smash Master
yupppp i talked to kingace about it i will definitely be there! sumhow we need to bring da easy button or else -10% tournament hype! lol

gta invades niagara. word! i like it!
Freaking sweet dude!! Though we should keep it in the SBaN thread. Post your excitement there!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
point well taken, I thought of this earlier, but how bout we talk to david and see if we can have a smashterbation instead of an alphamale, if they are for it and want to come down here I'm all for it because I love them, but im saying itd be nice if i had atleast one biweekly off .__.
Chilly is also hosted on the same date as our Brawl bimonthly. It's up to you if you wanna take a break that week and go to Chilly's or make that one a Melee date.

I'm down to go to David's. I don't mind, I just want some ****ing Melee mang. No lie, as long as Scarborough is gonna be there, I'm up for it.

*withdrawal*

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Chilly is also hosted on the same date as our Brawl bimonthly. It's up to you if you wanna take a break that week and go to Chilly's or make that one a Melee date.

I'm down to go to David's. I don't mind, I just want some ****ing Melee mang. No lie, as long as Scarborough is gonna be there, I'm up for it.

*withdrawal*
I think itd be best if we made that one a melee one, that way it wouldnt conflict and then both brawl events would be minor as opposed to being a big one. lol i dont wanna take away some of charles's thunder XD

Moe)2

Smash Apprentice
so... is the next Melee event a tourney?
and what is a "smashdurbation" I hope it has nothing to do with what it sounds like. :|

Mike_Echoes

Smash Journeyman
So based for Brawl do u guys think my Marth or my Kirby is better?
Who should I make my main?
Or should I find someone in between both, floaty with range, kinda thing?

On one hand - "Mike is SICK with the back airs yo" - Rae
and the other - "Yo I like Mike's Marth" - Rae

lol, so whom am I better, who should I learn, who'd take me further?

Bug~

Smash Ace
I really see potential in Kirby. Marth is a great character. Whoever you feel more comfortable winning with is up to you. Its always good to have more then one main.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
if you want a decision between the 2. it looks like you were better with marth, simply because I saw you performing better and killing faster with him. If picking up new character isnt an issue, well, it looks like you might want to pick up MK. simply because he as the best of both worlds: disjointed hit boxes, amazig airel game, suits you floaty style with multiple jumps to boot. and the learning curve isnt that hard to work with. only thing is you need to be quick on your toes and which move to use when.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
pick metaknight

press b and fly around and hit their shield (quite often the multiple hits will eat through their shield and if not don't worry you can't be punished the amazing hitbox will protect you in virtually every matchup) and then run away (remember to do this at least 20 times per game)

press up B and then during your glide attack hit their shield again and cancel it into a fast move or land from it and cancel into tilt, grab - basically just use glide attack to setup more stuff because the lagless hitbox cancel is amazing.

glide attack is ridiculously amazing use it a lot.

d-tilt --> move or more d-tilt is amazing use it a lot.

side step --> d-smash

shield --> d-smash

grab and do down throw and if they air-dodge do more b because b > air-dodge or do up-throw and then try to read with uair or just more b because it'll probably beat their air-dodge and outprioritize their attack unless you're fighting marth or gaw basically

when nothing's happening, just wiggle around in the air to mindgame them and do random fairs because it'll look cool i guess, maybe do the turnaround bair to like look pretty and add variation but not really

dair a lot when they're off stage and try to wop it's not like they can punish it. or more b if you think they'll air-dodge. seriously. b is really good. it's like gaw's bair only you can move around while doing it and it covers your entire body.

for epic win learn random downB edgehog tricks so you can claim you're technical but not really

AND THEN YOU'LL BE HARDCORE OH YEAH

edit: kirby sucks in this game pick someone else.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
you won't disgrace metaknight if you follow my amazing metaknight guide it's basically what nate and rae do only i added that you can edgehog with downB.

Bug~

Smash Ace
no Mike, dont switch over to the MK side like most ppl do..stick with kirby, hes actually good man trust me..ill even help you with him if you want. I am using a character in the same tier as kirby and its so much more fun and its sick once your really good with him cause you laugh in other ppls faces.

Moe)2

Smash Apprentice
no Mike, dont switch over to the MK side like most ppl do..stick with kirby, hes actually good man trust me..ill even help you with him if you want. I am using a character in the same tier as kirby and its so much more fun and its sick once your really good with him cause you laugh in other ppls faces.
lol it doesnt matter who you use, its BRAWL. No one cares ...

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
you won't disgrace metaknight if you follow my amazing metaknight guide it's basically what nate and rae do only i added that you can edgehog with downB.
No, you're actually COMPLETELY missing what I'm doing with Metaknight if you think thats the case.
There are two moves more broken then anything you've listed except for possibly downsmash and the tornado.

(except for nair spam, <3 nair spam)

Also Moe, you may think you know something about smash games, but you dont. You're going to get ***** at your first toronto event, and then you might learn things. But for now, don't post like you know anything, you're bad.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
kirby sucks

bad characters are bad

don't use bad characters

nate: i'm actually curious. what moves are you talking about? his tilts? because, yeah, those are also pretty safe but they don't appear super broken. his aerials are all good too but again i don't see super broken (super safe, high priority though so if i'm mistaken then w/e). i wonder if you're talking about his glide attack or up+b because really that's all that really stands out.

Bug~

Smash Ace
Thats your opinion but I feel kirby can be good. WarriorKnight in america uses bowser and does very well..one of the best brawlers.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
kirby has no usable projectile because cutter is slow.

he's slow and weak.

he has no damage output.

he has no range on anything but basically hammer but that's too laggy and it still lacks range.

his only good features are the stuff gonzo has in his vid and bair spam but since everyone else has better bairs and better throw combos (namely falco + dedede + ic) that negates his good features. his other good moves are like his f-smash but that's punishable by everyone with such ease it's gross.

and he has terrible matchups with meta (tornado beats everything kirby does, meta has a sword), snake (snake kills kirby super early, never dies, can recover high safely, ******** range vs kirby's awful red shoes), and gaw (bair + disjointed hitboxes > kirby).

what an amazing character. if anyone is doing anything with kirby then the opponent is either playing an even worse character or not being gay enough.

edit: what does warriorknight playing bowser have to do with kirby being a bad character.

Bug~

Smash Ace
Kirby's fsmash is amazing.

but w/e, its your opinion. I still feel he has potential, but wat do i know..im just a noob right

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
kirby's f-smash does have amazing kill power.

and it's decently fast.

but kirby has no way of racking up the 90% damage he needs to kill on characters who can just keep him out with multi-hitting disjointed hitboxes, projectiles, superior priority, and lack of lag.

kirby also fails because he has like two spammable moves and everything else is mediocre or his kill move, which he can't afford to spam because he doesn't have a good backup kill move.

kirby's good moves are like bair and f-smash. these are crap compared to meta's b, up+b, nair, and more or less his entire moveset. even downB. because downB can edgehog stall and do tricks. gaw has a bair that destroys kirby outright by eliminating kirby's hope of doing some shield trick to get through. snake will never approach kirby and if kirby does get in on snake he will be out-prioritized and killed by u-tilt at about 80%. snake's grenade, retreat options, better aerials, and 20% f-tilt will give him that 80%. kirby either has to land a grab which means he's gotten in on the snake (never happening) or rack it up slowly with bairs and tilts. lovely.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Kirby is cool. I dunno, I think it's all about who you're used to. I do far better with Kirby than MK or G&W (both of whom I suck horribly with; Bug would agree with me on that lol)

Kirby is fun, especially if you're smart enough to make people walk into hammer

I think having some top tier mains is nice too though

you never know when you'll need to fight a snake or something else that ***** kirby

edit: kirby can suck up metaknight and use his tornado which makes that matchup sort of not as horrible. I think Kirby's aerials are mostly pretty good. His fair is nice especially; one thing I like to do is short hop at them and fair, then pull back out of grab range and see what they do, then use it to try and read them later on. I think his edgeguarding is decent. His recovery sucks unless you're above the stage, in which case it still isn't that good (especially if you're fighting zelda). Yeah, Kirby has potential, but let's not forget that he can't combo at all which really hurts. I mean yeah, d throw to u tilt to hammer can work if they don't do anything or can manipulate them to do that, but like...maybe uair chains. he's not exactly weak, but david's right in saying that his damage output sucks and can't kill to save his life. literally. if he could combo he would be good. if the other characters didn't **** him he might be good.

Moe)2

Smash Apprentice
No, you're actually COMPLETELY missing what I'm doing with Metaknight if you think thats the case.
There are two moves more broken then anything you've listed except for possibly downsmash and the tornado.

(except for nair spam, <3 nair spam)

Also Moe, you may think you know something about smash games, but you dont. You're going to get ***** at your first toronto event, and then you might learn things. But for now, don't post like you know anything, you're bad.
lol, obviosly Im gona get killed. I've never played any1 who can beat me except for my friend. Thats it just me n him, ppl who play for money better **** some1 who plays casually. Plus Im just 17 how good could I be right? I saw the vids.. the guys are SO sick, what Id like to know is, are you that good? or do you "pwn at Brawl" and dont play Melee cuz "its cheap and full of glitches"?

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
why play kirby when you can play a character similar to kirby in nearly every way only 9001x better

kirby spams a single hit bair that does good damage

gaw spams a bair that ***** shields and pressures and does good damage on top of shield-stabbing frequently

kirby spams d-tilt with bad trip rate

meta spams d-tilt with more range, safety, better trip-rate and combo potential that links to smashes and general craziness

kirby spams up+b from shield to space and combo and is slightly vulnerable

meta spams up+b from shield into glide attack and then a fast move and does the transition nearly laglessly so it's unpunishable

and for the record meta's bair > kirby's bair it's just that meta has stuff much better than his bair so he doesn't need to spam it he can alternate between better stuff and use bair as a spacing tool not as a staple move

kirby is not a bad character however he blows against anyone in top tier. and most of high tier too. he is like ganondorf from melee only i personally feel that melee was far more forgiving to the weak characters because they could tech chase and there wasn't a stale move system that wrecked characters with a limited number of spammable moves.

Top Bottom