• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SAST 2, Tucson AZ Oct 13th (Today!) read news!

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Important News:
Results: http://tia.nealpro.com/tournament.aspx?id=261

Results Thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120608

Southern AZ Smash Tournament 2

In Tucson, Arizona
Brought to you by GamerGuitarist7 and Nicknyte

[highlight]Date:[/highlight] October 13th, 2007
[highlight]Time:[/highlight] People with TVs, Cubes/Wii's be prompt at 9AM. All other attendees arrive at 10AM. Clean-up begins at 9PM
[highlight]Location:[/highlight] Santa Cruz room, Student Union at U of A. Directions in this post 5$ venue fee

This tournament takes place in sunny Tucson, Arizona, two weeks after MLG's Super Champ Combo. All West Coast and Midwest players are welcome. I am aiming for at least 50 attendees for this tournament.

Entry will probably be a total of $25. There will be a Singles tournament and Doubles tournament.
Singles: $10
Doubles: $10 per team (5$ per person)
Venue fee: $5 fund raiser for club
For food, there are many locations nearby. Food break will probably be between doubles and singles (pools).

Pools, and double elimination brackets as well as money issues and distribution will all be performed on nealpro tio software here

$ Prizes (Singles):
Divided among top 3 places for 50 people 60% 30% 10%
  • 1st: $300
  • 2nd: $150
  • 3rd: $ 50
  • Total Pot: 500$

Divided among top 4 for 75 people 50% 25% 15% and 10% (Don't know if these are the usual %s for Top 4, please correct me)
  • 1st: $ 375
  • 2nd: $ 190
  • 3rd: $ 115
  • 4th: $ 75
  • Total Pot: $750

$ Prizes (Doubles)
Divided among top 3 teams out of 25 teams 60%, 25%, 15%
  • 1st: $ 150 ($75 per person)
  • 2nd: $ 62 ($31 per person)
  • 3rd: $ 38 ($19 per person)
  • Total Pot: 250$

The doubles prizes are pretty low, so if you think it is necessary to raise the prize to 20$ per team, please express so. Until further notice, it will remain at $10 per team.

-Pools will be done to filter people into a 32 man bracket if we get roughly 50 people

-AltF4Warrior is in charge of recording and will be bringing equipment to do so, but if anyone can help him by volunteering to capture matches or by bring equipment and VHS's, please contact him or post in this thread.

Singles Rules:
-4 Stock, 8min time limit, Items off
-Either player may call a double blind pick for their character
-6 Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Dreamland 64.
-Counterpicks: Jungle Japes, Corneria, Brinstar, Kongo 64, Poke Floats, Mute City, Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise (All MLG deemed Counter-Pick stages) All others are banned.
-The first round stage is random, but each player may choose to ban a stage from random select. At the end of the match, the loser calls next stage. Winner may change character, loser may change character
-Double Elimination
-You may not ban neutral stages, but you can choose to ban one counter pick stage at the beginning of the set.
-No stage can be counterpicked if the chooser won on that stage in the set, unless the opponent agrees to play on that stage again.
-Finals and championships sets will be best 3 out of 5.

Doubles Rules:
-4 Stock, 8min time limit, Items off, Friendly Fire On
-6 Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Kongo 64 replaces Fountain of Dreams due to lag.
-Counterpicks: None
-First stage random, each team may ban a stage and losing team chooses stage on next round. Winning team changes characters then Losing team changes characters
-Double Elimination

Other Rules:
-Wobbling is banned, sorry
-No techniques can be used to excessively stall the match. If you don't know what I'm talking about, there's threads around it. Examples: wall bombing and rising pound (both can be used to recover but not to stall)
-The other usual rules apply as well when it comes to tournament legal/illegal

Pools Rules:
-Round Robin
-Best 2 out of 3, three stock, 6 min time limit, items off.
-Number of SETS won decides who advances. In the case of a tie, win/loss records will be considered, and etc.
-Basically, all other basic singles rules apply to pools.

Attendees: 60ish so far
1. GamerGuitarist
2. xyouxarexugly
3. Tag$
4. CHUK (PHX)
5. AltF4Warrior
6. AXE09
7. Mr. Jaskolski
[highlight]8. Wobbles the Phoenix[/highlight]
9. Return_to_sender
10. Pyromitch
11. Maxxxpower (G-Mo)
12. Vat- Zero
13. Yoko
14. Toro
15. Pomx7
16. Chaos Theory (PHX)
17. RipVanWinkle
18. Kirby
19. Drex
20. Fez
21. D4rk_sh3ik
22. Light
23. AZenith
24. Ruben **
25. James
[highlight]26. Forward[/highlight]
27. SHMN
28. B-Will **
29. Turnip tosser
30. Nicknyte
31. Wakka **
32. Goop
33. Hyvin
34. Hyvin's friend
35. Oakie **
36. Whiplash **
37. thedeadmanwa
38. " friend 1
[highlight]39. Taj[/highlight]
40-43. navillus + 3 friends
44. mikechi**
45. Butters
46. Hanki
47. Rang Flash * , **
48-49. Monkeys85711 + friend
50. Cutmet
51. Jujumasta
52. Yoshi Wiiz (doubles only)
53. Darthmike
54. Dathmike's friend
55. Dark Meow1 **
56. 7734 **
57. coreygames

SoCal!:
[highlight]57. Mango[/highlight]
58. mikeHAZE
[highlight]59. Gimpyfish [/highlight]
60. Lucky
61. Jake the Boy
62. Tofu
63. NES
64. DEHF
65. ROB WEST

Edit: Everyone is pretty much on tio now, if your name isn't on this list you're probably on tio but if not then i'll add you at registration.

* Needs a ride (Location)
** Maybe/unconfirmed
*** Needs Housing

Cubes/Wiis: 8 so far
Gamerguitarist (2)
xyouxarexugly (1)
Tag (1)
Altf4warrior (1)
Axe (1)
AZenith (1)
Oakie (1)

Game: 10 so far
Gamerguitarist (2)
xyouxarexugly (1)
Tag (1)
Altf4warrior (1)
Axe (1)
AZenith (1)
Oakie (1)
Monkeys85711 (2)

TVs: 8-9 so far
Gamerguitarist (4-5)
xyouxarexugly (2)
Tag (1)
Altf4warrior (1)

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Can anyone in Phoenix get me a ride to this thing?

p.s. What does SAST stand for? Scary *** scary tournament? Are you trying to make a reference at the band SKSK lol?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
lol its posted at the top what it means now. and no i wasn't referring to sksk. should i add you to attendance as a maybe?

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
IF I GO...

I'm bringing a game, a cube, and a TV. (That silver Magnavox TV that was on Goop's counter. I lurve my TV.)

Things that will affect my ability to go:
-Injury/death
-lack of a ride
-some bull**** uber mega hard project or test on Monday.

btw, you misspelled Tucson in the beginning.

AXE 09

Smash Master
oh snaps!!!!! Gamer's having another tourney! but October 13th???? man.... it's so far away... i don't feel like waiting! waaa ='( lol. oh well, it'll probably be worth the wait ^^ count me in man!

Return_to_Sender

Smash Cadet
i'll more likely be there. my works inventory date is a couple days after. man looks like i'm gunna be sick that day =P

AXE 09

Smash Master
yay wobbles!! i really hope to see you there lol. And Mr. J, if Tag can't give me a ride, i'll pay you for gas if you take me. or maybe me and Tag can just go with you, i dunno lol. Hmm.... Lil Refuge?? LA??? sweet! i love playing new people lol. i hope to see you... if by some miracle you can get a ride.

you can mark me down for bringing 1 Cube and copy of smash

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
it would be great to see STB there. i didn't get to play you g-mo when i went to phoenix so we shuold do some friendlies. talk to all your STB homies and get me a list of people to add onto here. TVs are too good too.

also tlak to dark and light if you can. they're badasses i'd like to see them again.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I'm fairly sure Light and Dark will go. They can't resist Smash. It's like vitamins to them.

But yeah, we also must play. I'm thinking that the same 4 STB members that go to tourneys will make it to this one. I must check, though.

Myself
Vat- Zero
Yoko
Toro

Sacred Vanguard

Smash Rookie
I need to start training even harder, starting...NOW! *rushes over to smash, although he just got home from the Machine Head/Arch Enemy concert and is TIRED!* lol :D

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Phoenix people should really try getting a hold of Dark if they want a ride down to this tourney. As long as you give gas money, I'm sure he would be more than willing to take you. Just be on time, lol. I'm so lucky you guys didn't leave me when we went to T5.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
ok, i'll add dark and light to the list. does anyone else want to bring a TV or set up or anythign? any of you phoenix peopel?

CHUK

Smash Ace
Dark can you give me and my little bro a ride possibly? I have cash so yeah.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Lol believe it or not mark me as a most likely.. idk why but i kinda feel like playing as well.. besides no action is on in Halo 2 right now anyway.. and I seem to have no drama (at the moment xD) (You can blame Axe for not leaving me alone which is prolly why i'm goin to attend =(

Stupid Jeff.. lol j/k xD

Top Bottom