• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santi spills all of his knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
I never use Zair.
I hate the delay it creates if you mess up, which could cause life threatening punishment (grab delay can set you up to being grabbed...to death) xD

I only use it to grapple back onto the edge and edge hog.

With all this talk about bombs, does anybody know if you can shield + grab while holding a bomb?
If so, I think it'd be safest to hold a bomb whenever attempting to grab your opponent.
If you miss and your opponent grabs you, the bomb explosion would free you from any fatal combo before it's too late. Also, if you successfully grab, you could use the bomb immediately after.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
^ No u cant shield grab while u have a bomb out unfortunately. And zair doesnt lag @_@. Why is it so unsafe to u DCStyle?

TLMarth

Smash Ace
I don't spam Z air I just started to learn to do it today(not literally I know how to do it. I just actually started to try and blend it in with my fighting game) the only thing I like to spam are bombs and I'm darn proud of that. I just need to get organised and get back to my window of opportunity ways and stop being predictable. It's just TL's a lil hard to control(as in like short hopping for example) otherwise I'm fine...especially with the random mid air glides I perform when I throw my boomerang or shoot my bow.
Is the problem you have with zair that it starts up slow?
I know nair and stuff is so much faster.
Zair is a bit predictable. It can be shielded and stuff.
So you grab afterwards, or nair them when they let down the shield, or something.
VG COMBO FTW
But zair makes up for it in the end with low cooldown lag.

Start to use it for retreating, then use it more with offense.

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
Alright so I made sure to check the matchup thread and theres nothing on Wario. I more or less have an idea how to deal with him but regardless I find him to be a hard matchup. Any tips or things I should try to constantly do against him? Am I supposed to uber camp him? Use bombs more? etc etc. Any bit of help is appreciated :)

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Zair has end lag if you use it to quick when you short hop. You need to use it when you are falling so that right after you zair you hit the ground and it auto cancels the lag.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Learn to deal with spam. It used to give me problems but powershield and airdodging while closing the gap with zair should help.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
How do i beat a pit who arrow spams?
Everytime I try to get close he just arrow spams me away
Yeah and if you want, we can friendly online. when I pciked up pit as my starter when i first ogt brawl that was my style to space by spamming the bow. I still use it today when I play as him occasionally. If you want practice I can be your man until oyu can get around it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
He lost his goggles, to someone in a match, but I forgot who.
little late to be posting this but it was Sudai. Them goggles be in LA guys.

-_- and I'll just say again that I have a shot at winning those goggles off of Sudai. Wish me luck at the next LA tourny that pops up.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
SANTI LOST HIS GOGGLES?!?!
No.
I can't- I WON'T believe it.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'd take a picture and post it up so you guys could see where they are now, but my webcam is lost and I lack a digital camera.

I've taken good care of them though. I can tell they miss Santi.. :/

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Can I challenge for them? =)
I'll give them to Santi as a Christmas present.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Can I challenge for them? =)
I'll give them to Santi as a Christmas present.

Sure... if you wana come all the way form So-Cal to LA to get them but you have to wait after me >.>

After you witness my defeat you can step up for the goggle match, bring goggles like the rest of us(nuber of challangers: me)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
lol thanks guys.

@Sudai- anxiously awaiting that goggle match, gona buy those goggles with X-mas money when i get it and possible Brawl gloves. Got me pumped for probably one of the best matches I'll have yet. @.@

Sudai

Stuff here
Santi lost them to me at HOBO12 a month or so back. (wow, doesn't feel like that long.)

Sasuke, you can challenge me for them if you want, I don't know when I'll be in CA any time soon though.

Actually, I'm planning a road trip with some friends. We're gonna go around the nation in a counter clockwise fashion from Louisiana and I'm sure we'll be stopping in CA. If I can manage to keep them that long, then we can do it then.

Oh, and Bomber's right, you do need to offer up some goggles for the match. I actually gave Santi the ones I put up for my ante even though I won cause I felt wrong for taking his and wanted him to be able to start a new legend. :/

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Santi lost them to me at HOBO12 a month or so back. (wow, doesn't feel like that long.)

Sasuke, you can challenge me for them if you want, I don't know when I'll be in CA any time soon though.

Actually, I'm planning a road trip with some friends. We're gonna go around the nation in a counter clockwise fashion from Louisiana and I'm sure we'll be stopping in CA. If I can manage to keep them that long, then we can do it then.

Oh, and Bomber's right, you do need to offer up some goggles for the match. I actually gave Santi the ones I put up for my ante even though I won cause I felt wrong for taking his and wanted him to be able to start a new legend. :/
That travel thing sounds fun. If you manage to do that I wish you the best of luck. btw may I ask who the team will be made of besides you?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Ok. Sounds cool. =P
I'll get goggles.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
man, sudai I wish I would have known you had them. I wanna get his goggles back. Since we already have a money match, how about I add more money to my side, and you add goggles to yours? I dont know how much the goggles are worth, but I'm not putting too much more up. I understand if you dont want to though.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

were they originally santi's or did he just make them famous

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
okay santi need your help. best advice against ( alex's ) falco.

i haven't taken my toon link against anyone but Hiza and fats, but just want some information, since you've fought him a number of occasions.

Also before I ask ( I am new to toon link, Hi everyone, I'm WEMP, or Well Excuse Me princess ) can we ask for general advice on toon link such as how you 9 or other TL's ) do certain things. because some of the things I see blow my mind, but ive been using Link for a few months, a lot blows my mind haha

Sudai

Stuff here
These goggles were originally Santi's. No previous owner.

Jerm, if we did that, I'd ask you put goggles up. It's not a goggle/money match, it's a goggle match. ; ) Sadly, I can't accept your offer. After winning these, I promised Santi that I would spread the legend as best as possible. Having them go right back to Texas nullifies that point. The legend is actually my primary motive behind this road trip. My final stop is in Texas where I plan to challenge Santi to another goggle match after winning tons of goggle matches around the nation. : )

That's best case scenario of course. Haha.

Bomber, right now it's looking like Me, Mocha, and Eet. Both of them expressed interest but aren't 100% sure yet.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
So you gonna main toon link now? Finally another toon link near houston =]. Well, I'm a pretty good TL, I'll try to explain anything you need help with. Also, you can watch my figths vs ozz for help on falco. But I am HORRIBLE vs falco's xD

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Question: Against Peach, what do you do with her beats? I usually just throw them back unless I know the Peach is going to catch it again. They seem link more of a set-up projectile for Peach with her glide toss, and since we don't have one....ehh. Throw it away?

I'm planning on coming to Texas for college. ^_^;
Texas: The Toon Link state.

Sudai

Stuff here
When did I say I was gonna main TLink? :p

Edit: Sasuke, when are you moving there and where to? I'm usually somewhere in texas at least once a month and I'm going to all their bigish tournies. :o

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Summer 09 hopefully! =)
I'm a senior. Look forward to the Texas Smash scene since I never got into the SoCal one. ^_^
And people there seem nice enough.

don't play Melee=gtfo of SoCal

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
So you gonna main toon link now? Finally another toon link near houston =]. Well, I'm a pretty good TL, I'll try to explain anything you need help with. Also, you can watch my figths vs ozz for help on falco. But I am HORRIBLE vs falco's xD
yep magnolia represent, haha. I'm sure if sethlon saw that he'd move away, hahaha. alright sounds good man. main problem i have is chaining my bairs. you guys seem to fit two into one SH which blows my mind. I've got zairing down alright I think. my main concern is falco being as aside from Hiza and FATS the main person i practice with is seth :dizzy:. ill def. check out the videos

@sudai - he was talkin to me, if you lived in houston i'd start wondering why it seems 70% of swf lives within 60 minutes of me :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom