• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
No reply yet from stann..., maybe post in the tournament thread? And try to see what Joe is up to... He's usually pretty good at getting places

:phone:

joeplicate

Smash Master
I might actually not go to the tourney anymore

just found out that the homie josh mayhew may come up to Santa Cruz for this weekend one last time before he moves to Vietnam (!!) on Wednesday

so if he comes through then I'm gonna chill with him before he leaves the country :]

:phone:

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Erick has secretly been practicing so I feel really bad when he beats me and says he is really rusty...

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Rule 6 was really fun. I was on top of my game and more consistent than I've been. Let's try to get a [full] night of smash in in the next few weeks.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Rule 6 was really fun. I was on top of my game and more consistent than I've been. Let's try to get a [full] night of smash in in the next few weeks.
After yesterday I don't want to play for like a week, lol. Did you make bracket?

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I didn't make bracket. My pool was Dajuan, Tai, Mooninite, and some guy named Eric who is apparently old school and I would say equal skill with me. I played really well for me, but still didn't do great result-wise =[

top 2 pools are just so that newbs feel more satisfied and get to play more than 2 matches -.-

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I know what you mean. I thought they'd have pools of 6 or 8 with top 3 or 4 getting out so I'd have a better shot at making bracket, but oh well.

I had Lovage, Alan, TheCrimsonBlur, and some guy named OVG in my pool. I got Lovage down to his last stock on game 1 but SD'd like 2 times on game 2 and he 3 stocked me. Alan's Sheik 2 stocked me game 1 and we had a very close game 2. Crimson and I had a very close game 1 on FD and I 3 stocked him game 2, but I choked on game 3 and narrowly lost. I won the set against OVG by 1 or 2 stocks on game 3.

I just hope this got recorded so I can see where I messed up or what I could've done differently. I won pretty much all the friendlies I played so maybe the actual tournament part just made me nervous.

EDIT: I did learn a lot, though. Pokemon Stadium is an amazing stage for Yoshi, and the Sheik matchup really isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is. Chain grabbing was the least of my problems, and with proper DI I was able to get out of it.

Stann

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, truman said i should post here, im pretty new to smashboard (guess i lived under a rock beforehand). I live on 18th avenue in santa cruz and am completely down to smash anytime as long as im not busy! unfortunately i dont have a set-up in sc, its over in los gatos i'll have it soon though. hit me up whenever (408-892-8386)

Dylan

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
hi stan / dylan =D

santa cruz! lets play sometime this week

colin, henry, when are you guys gonna be back?

thomas, do you have a cube?

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Nope, the only thing I have is a controller. I can't play anytime before Saturday, though.

EDIT: We might be able to play at Sheridan's place. There should only be about 4 or 5 of us.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Are you living somewhere else or are you in the same place?

We should try and get a good smashfest going soon because I'm leaving next week.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
hm

we can try and get

joe and sheridan and dylan and henry and colin and thomas and maybe dajuan if hes not too busy studying for midterms

wednesday?

wasnt ready for your power level, erick
next time ill be ready for Anything you say =D

plussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i think we could beat dajuan and sfat =]
we shud get ready for that

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'm working on a game with my partner at 2 tomorrow. What time are you thinking and where should we meet up?

EDIT: Text me when you guys are meeting up tomorrow.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Are people getting my texts? I just texted Truman, Erick, and Henry. I have poor reception here but my phone says the texts were sent.

EDIT: Can't play for most of this weekend, but whoever wants to play let me know and I'll see if I can work something out.

Rooktionary

Smash Journeyman
So. I just moved to Monterey. Id love to smash sometime. Dont have a car yet, but Ill probably be getting one soon. So yeah. Hi.

UPDATE: Just bought a car. Willing to drive to Salinas whenever i have some free time.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
were in santa cruz!!! not salinas!! xD

but yeah. I thnk its about time we had a semi-formal smashfest to try and get all the new santa cruz people into this. it might take a bit to set up cuz I think Colin's place is the only place that could work for it....

but informal smashgatherings are still happening quite often

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'm with Truman. On the first week of school or something I propose a tournament-style smashfest.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
You got some guys down in Salinas. Dont worry, Ill make my way up to Santa Cruz eventually..
say Hi to the salineans for me =D

<3 to mike and vincent and jin, and the shiek player that took it personally when I said shiek 'is a pretty gay character'....

anyone (and by anyone, i mean mostly Henry) wanna play today?
since i talk to dajuan and erick on aim =P

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I am down for this evening/tonight. Just hit me up when you want to come over.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
Henry, do you wanna play at like 10'ish?

today...

maybe a bit earlier....

?
if not, i could just stop by to pick up my phone. either way ill have a controller with me....

Top Bottom