• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I do as well. What time?

EDIT: Colin does too.

EDIT2: I think we should get some more singles in this time.

ColZDude

Smash Rookie
I got a t.v., and live 12 steps from fosters freeze. If you guys wanna bring a cube to this tv ive never used before, then we can try it out. Otherwise someone should call up poor Henry LOL.

The only rule for my house is we only listen to OFWGKTA and BASED GOD.

swa swag. swag. swa swa swag.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I'm fine with people coming over tonight after I am done at the gym (same deal as last time). Only thing I don't like is that I don't have chairs for people to use because my roomates are ********.

Edit for playing doubles!
:phone:

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'd be down for 1v1s but I'm not sure when I'll be able to play. I have class from 1 to 3:15 and after that I have a few more things to do.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I want to play your fox or marth in a good session a bunch. Maybe even my falco vs your fox.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I can play now. Where are we playing?

EDIT: Colin suggested some people go to his house and others go to Henry's so we can get in more Singles. What do you guys think?

EDIT 2: Okay, tomorrow is a better day for me to play anyway so let's try and find a good time. I'm free basically the whole day with the exception that I'm working on a technical game prototype with a partner.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
i'm free for whatever, ill check back at like 5'ish, after i get some work done.

im down to walk downtown and play with someone

imma walk to costco, then downtown... leaving at 4'ish.... should take about an hour

ill have my controller.... either someone can text me, or ill call henry/colin for some games !

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'm down to play after I work out at the gym, which should be around 5:30 - 6ish.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
So is it really true that PP will be coming here next year? How/where was this discovered?

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
PewPewU, not drPP

slickest marth player in the world

-information gleaned from sincere conversations with the individual

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I can play tomorrow (technically today) at around 5 or so.

EDIT: I can't believe I didn't realize that the red and green colors for Marth and Roy correspond to how they'd look on the Enemy and Other teams respectively in their Fire Emblem games; awesome!

EDIT 2: How many of us are going to Rule 6 (the tournament next Sunday) again? I'm doing Singles for sure but if someone wants to team (Colin: Yoshi + Roy team? :)) I won't mind doing Doubles in the slightest.

Shroomed

Smash Master
EDIT 2: How many of us are going to Rule 6 (the tournament next Sunday) again? I'm doing Singles for sure but if someone wants to team (Colin: Yoshi + Roy team? :)) I won't mind doing Doubles in the slightest.
i think you guys would do really well as a team, lol.

i'd want to go, but dont really want to enter anything

holoy **** dajuan's account. this is truman.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Truman, you should go and just hang with me. I am in the same boat, kinda costs a lot of money to enter when I am 99% positive I wont get far due to amount of legit people going. At the same time, I am curious to see how I'd match up against other random pool people. Regardless, I'll be home that weekend and will probably come hang out/watch/cheer cause it is so close by.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Nick said he might be able to drive me and it seems like he has room in his car to spare, so I suggest asking him.

I am 99% positive I wont get far due to amount of legit people going. At the same time, I am curious to see how I'd match up against other random pool people.
What you said in the second sentence is one of the main reasons I'm going. I don't even expect to place that well, but I'll be happy just to make it out of pools. Although it'll reduce my chances of making it out, I actually hope there is a top player in my pool because there's a greater chance that that match I play with the player will be recorded, and I'll be able to watch the match and take note of improvements I could've made.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
There will be a top player in every pool. Given that a lot of people are coming to this tourney, don't be surprised to play someone really legit like s2j etc. It is fun for me, but it is also like getting my *** kicked by a Dajuan I have never met.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'm also going to be taking advantage of friendlies and try to get in as many as possible. This'll be my first legit tournament ever and maybe one of the only ones I'll be able to go to, so I plan on getting as much out of it as I can.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if you do well in your pool or make it out. You are pretty legit player already and you play a character many people aren't familiar with. You are, as am I, much better than when I played at the last tournament, and I had some close matches at least.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll do well, but I'm setting a low standard for myself so I can focus more on improving rather than being disappointed with my performance against a certain player. By the way, how well did you do at your last tournament?

Anyway, who wants to play tomorrow? I should be done with this essay today or around noon tomorrow, so I'll have plenty of time.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Three of my matches were close. Got wrecked by s2j and taj. Didn't win any. Bear is mind, this was almost 2 years ago now.

Indoor Grown

Smash Rookie
im moving to aptos or capitola in like a month or less, i need ppl to play with!

EDIT - Im so glad this is the most popular thread in the pacific west social, i was actually concerned i'd have a hard time finding heads to play with hahahaha

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
lol.

how are we the most popular thread in pac west.

were just like... ~6 people talking all the time

@indoorgrown - we regularly play in the west santa cruz area. Because the majority of us are still UCSC students

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I know that Colin and Henry have finals tomorrow, so we won't be able to play today. Is anyone down to play tomorrow after finals? I'm free the entire day.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Will you still be able to drive some of us? I think we have 3-4 people who need a ride and if his car is small we won't be able to fit everyone.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
kk i messaged that guy =D

hopefully we can get some rides...

i'd definitely cede a car spot for thomas tho

i really think it'd be awesome to see him play people

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Getting car checked out by the mechanic tomorrow.. it's driving ok but I need to go anyway, so most likely I could still come to SC beforehand.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Nick, when do you plan on arriving at SC and leaving for Concord?

Also, I'll need a ride back. Are Sheridan and Dajuan going? I can probably catch a ride back with one of them.

EDIT: Found my strategy against ICs; put Nana in an egg and she won't break out earlier than 3 seconds :)

dohanlon

Smash Rookie
Brawl Players

Hey guys. New to this thread, hope it's cool to post in here.

I used to play Melee quite a bit, and after some long down-time I've started playing Brawl with my new roommate. Are many (any?) of you guys Brawl players, or is the hardcore Melee vibe still rocking?

I don't want to strike up the Brawl v. Melee debate. Suffice it to say, I'm new to Brawl, enjoying it and looking for other Brawlers to play with in Santa Cruz.

Thanks and happy smashing,
dohanlon/Deus

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Look on allisbrawl? For brawl stuff? Or maybe post on the Ucsc competitive gaming club site

Top Bottom