• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

Shroomed

Smash Master
I have Aaron's TV and Henry's cube lol.

Btw, the Official Norcal Melee Group seems to be way more valuable than smashboards nowadays. I think we should start using that over this.

You guys can come to my house whenever.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
this is our secret little hideout thread. the Santa Cruz smash SOCIAL thread.

where posts dont count for post counts, and Henry still has 2 posts in his lifetime

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I wonder what those two posts were for :( Maybe something about HoN back when I played a lot. Facebook is fine as long as some one keeps me in the loop. I cannot go back to using it.

Heading up to Dajuans real soon.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Can I get my cube back? Tired of being bad and I need to grind out some practice.

I am always down to being my cube places when we need the set up.

:phone:

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
ill grab my cube from colin's house one of these days.....

so i might just drop that off at your place as soon as I pick it up.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Can we do another smashfest on Friday or Saturday? I really enjoyed the last two smashfests because there was a good number of people to play against.

hoteske

Smash Rookie
Hey all, sorry for not coming to these more.

I think Friday sounds pretty good! I think I'd have some time then.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I had the honor of getting destroyed by Superboomfan's Falcon in SSB64 yesterday.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
No, this was online, haha. I play with him from time to time but he rarely goes Falcon (his main).

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I can play tomorrow at any time. I'm sure we can get around 4 or 5 people to play with us. Erick, where are you living this year? Also what happened to the bet between you and Colin?

eriK

Smash Rookie
What's everyone up to!

I'd like some Saturday smash myself. Truman, Dajuan, Erick? Anyone else?

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
smashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

PS - emille, if you ever read this... can I borrow your pickup truck to move a mattress from an old house to a new house? can cover some gas, but it shouldnt be a big deal

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
My left elbow hurts a ridiculous amount when I bend it. I'm not sure what happened, but the only thing I can conclude is that I was playing in a very uncomfortable position for my arm yesterday. Until it heals, I won't be able to play Melee. Has this happened to anyone else before?

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
all i know is that vince has injured / aggravated a thumb injury playing techskill-y smash.

decripioo carmen or something. I hope he plays with us this year sometime

but i havent injured any arms or anything playing smash before.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
It actually wasn't Melee yesterday that caused this. I hit my elbow against my bed frame and that somehow caused a lot of pain and a tiny bit of numbness in my fingers. I'm wearing an armrest now so hopefully it'll be better by tomorrow.

EDIT: I fractured my elbow :(.
EDIT 2: It's actually a joint infection. I have no idea how I got it, but I should be well next week. I can always share a controller with someone and we can do 4-man 1v1s like that other time at Colin's house.
EDIT 3: Looking at the Facebook group, it seems there's a tournament at UCSC on the 20th.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'm healing faster than I thought. I might be able to participate in the tournament next week after all!

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Did anyone else living off campus hear gun shots last night? I swear someone was shooting like a block away from my house.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
was not in santa cruz last night....

but i often hear/d gunshot sounding things....

always hoped in the back of my mind that it wasnt actually gunshots

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
After class tomorrow I'm gonna see if I can get the Merrill Cultural Center for the tournament on Saturday. If not, I'll see which other places I can get.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
we should consider trying to hold it in the merrill cultural center regardless of whether we can reserve it or not

the only issue might be other groups possibly having it reserved for the day already

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Did anyone else living off campus hear gun shots last night? I swear someone was shooting like a block away from my house.
People set off fireworks/firecrackers all the time around my place, but I'm also pretty close to the Boardwalk.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
We need help finding a venue for the tournament on Saturday. We currently have 9 AM - 5 PM at the C/M Community Room but people aren't content with starting so early. I couldn't get the Cultural Center either because they have an event at 5 so that's out of the picture, and I'm not sure about the other places. I'm not one who likes to rush, but there's the possibility that we might not have a choice. The biggest problem though is 9 AM; if we can start somewhere at 10 that'd be good.

EDIT: We got this worked out. The tournament is Saturday at 10 AM - 5 PM in the Crown/Merrill Community Room.

Top Bottom