• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I'll let Dante know you can be a back up TO in case he is unable to make it. I will let you enter for free if Dante cannot make it. Are you graduating from UCLA this year? Do you have a laptop with TIO? Thanks.

:212:

Also no one offered to call / text me once the pizza / sushi is ready. I need someone to text me when the pizza / sushi is ready. No one texted me for the pizza last time.

mio

Smash Ace
Not graduating till next year, and yeah I got a laptop with TIO on it. Just let me know if you guys will need me and if so then I'll be there =)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
What is the drive in terms of time from UCLA to UCSB? Will it take a long time for you to travel from UCLA to UCSB? I'll let you know if your presence as a TO will be needed. Thanks.

Also no one offered to call / text me once the pizza / sushi is ready. I need someone to text me when the pizza / sushi is ready. No one texted me for the pizza last time.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
If you can't take initiative to show up to a social gathering then why should we take initiative to call you just so you can eat and run?

You honestly expect people to think of that while smashing? "Oh yeah let's call someone who clearly would rather not hang out with us just so he can come get some food."

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
In case it wasn't implied in my other posts, if we are ordering pizza, I would pitch in my share of the money. I'm not eating and running. I'm eating, playing, and then running. I cannot stay the whole time so I would rather spend my time at the most optimal window time frame (which should be intuitive that the time is when the food is ready). Also we have a back up TO (Mio) to run the LPT in case you have a recital. We have to waive his venue fee, singles fee, and doubles fee though. Also I need a teammate for the LPT and the RHAT and I will main :peach: and :jiggs: respectively for those 2 tournaments in case Dante has a recital. I cannot select Dante to be my partner for the RHAT though so I would need a teammate for that.

Does David Martin Chao, Anthony Hearst, or Joey want to team with me (for the RHAT)?

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
UCSB Smash Club Smashfest at John's Today:

Likely Setups:
1) Halo Reach on Laggy Bigscreen (lag doesn't matter in fps)
2) Brawl on John's CRT TV
3) Melee on DanteFox's CRT TV
4) Brawl on Junk's CRT TV
5) Melee on David's CRT TV

Food Options (you don't choose you just deal):
1) Sushi: Chef'd by Anthony and Su-chef'd by John
2) Pizza: Chef'd by Domino's and Delivered by the famous PIZZA GUY

email for more info and the actual info at ucsbsmash@gmail.com

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Can someone text me when the pizza / sushi is ready? Also, is Anthony coming at 6 PM, so will he be making the sushi at 6 PM? Also who wants to go to Dante's performance? Upon looking at the information and the people running it, I may have connections and can get another person + myself in for free. I don't want to bring a whole group of people to make it look suspicious so first person to sign up gets the spot (but no guarantees yet since I'm only 70% sure I can get us in for free).

Huy

HaiWayne

Smash Cadet
what is this "dante's performance" ur talking about?

john im probably gonna bring a set up too if i go.

and huy i can txt u when the food comes

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
UCSB Smash Club Smashfest at John's Today:

Likely Setups:
1) Halo Reach on Laggy Bigscreen (lag doesn't matter in fps)
2) Brawl on John's CRT TV
3) Melee on DanteFox's CRT TV
4) Brawl on Junk's CRT TV
5) Melee on David's CRT TV
6. Amanda and Rebecca
7. Wayne :)

Food Options (you don't choose you just deal):
1) Sushi: Chef'd by Anthony and Su-chef'd by John
2) Pizza: Chef'd by Domino's and Delivered by the famous PIZZA GUY

email for more info and the actual info at ucsbsmash@gmail.com

http://www.sbyma.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13

Actually if possible Wayne, can you text me using AIM IM text using John's laptop if he gives you permission to use it so you don't waste your texts since you only have like 200 minutes with each minute counting as 3 texts when used interchangeably?

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
does anyone wanna tell me in one post when and where the smashfest today is? i haven't been on for a while and the last few pages are full of spam...

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
What do you mean by the "view" is good? Did you see something cool? What did you see? :confused: Also it looks like I'm not going to Dante's performance tomorrow. Is anyone else going? Also I have asked this for days but no one wants to respond. I have been asking for someone to team with me for the RHAT, but no one has offered to team with me. I guess it is true what they say.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I see. Thanks for explaining. :)

I was going to use another "haters gonna hate" if Dante told us the judges didn't select his band as the best for first place but now I need to think of something else. Maybe a "better luck next time" will do.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Dante should also get into the habit of updating the location for the smashfests at SLO. They had one on Friday at $heen's at 4 PM. If John cannot host, the next one at SB will be:

Actually we'd rather let you use it for Brawl. We can play at anyone of the following places:

Tecolote
Jalama
Arguello
Miranda
Gaviota
Condor
La Cumbre
Montecito
Tepusquet
Rincon
Zaca
Camuesa
Pendola
Cuyama <------ This one at 7 on Friday :)
Madulce
Figueroa

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Guys from SB, please let me know what equipment you have. Smash Club is very close to having its first official meeting. Most likely on November 6th. November 13 at the absolute latest (I received confirmation that Santa Rosa Formal Lounge is open to us from 9-11 on the 13th, but if things go the way I plan, San Nicolas's rec room will have priority over that).

TVs ideally aren't going to be a huge issue, since I plan to have funding for media services to deliver TVs to us (I plan on having them deliver us probably 3 TVs, and there's probably going to be 4 total TVs available assuming ones at res hall rec rooms are in use). What I need are Wiis, Controllers, power strips/surge protectors, Melee/Brawl disks, SD cards (I would like to promote Brawl hacks if there's enough setups) and people who will be committed to carrying that stuff in their backpacks or willing to deliver it to my place.

Call me at 310-561-6799 or send me an AIM message to contact me.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Also I'm part of RHA now so I have some say in the RHAT. :) I actually need people who live in the dorms like David, Wayne, Amanda, Rebecca, etc. to go to their Hall Council meetings to vote stuff with me so we can have the tournament.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
What is everyone's opinion on running this fundraiser tournament where 2nd place gets nothing and 80% of the pot goes to charity? This guy was discussing with me today, but I didn't like the idea of 2nd place getting nothing and 80% of the pot goes to charity.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
yeah screw that man. If charity wants my money it'll have to beat me in a 3/5 set. :]

jk lol. I'm fine with that, as long as the fees aren't too high and it's a good cause.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
It was raining so we had nothing to do. I know who can host today. I wished my match against John where I rested him 3 times in 20 seconds on YS got recorded. If I keep this up, I can actually use :jiggs: in a tournament set with confidence. Also Andrew completely lost interest in the charity tournament (he has not IMed me back in days). It looks like the charity tournament is not happening. Yesterday we played from 10 PM to 4 AM and ordered pizza.

You still have not made the thread for the LPT yet. Is this still happening?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Well technically, there was a smashfest today since the smashfest yesterday spanned over 2 days from 10 PM to 4 AM so technically there was a smashfest today and you missed it. If the LPT is happening, then why has the thread not been created yet? Have you talked to Nelson at all? :reverse:

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Well technically, there was a smashfest today since the smashfest yesterday spanned over 2 days from 10 PM to 4 AM so technically there was a smashfest today and you missed it. If the LPT is happening, then why has the thread not been created yet? Have you talked to Nelson at all? :reverse:
I'll create it soon. No I haven't talked to nelson. Aim me about it if you have questions or pm me. please don't make this a private conversation between us in this public thread.

yup I did miss that smashfest. David chao texted me about it at around 11pm. I didn't see the text until today when I woke up.

Top Bottom