• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
**** that. Tournament should start earlier than that dante. It is only a 90 min drive from Slo. Tournament should start around 1 or 2 :)

Stev

Smash Ace
Location? Also, are people gonna be there earlier for friendlies n stuff? I feel like getting there at 4 is a bit late, but I don't wanna show up and have it just be us 4

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I'll be there for a bit initially. But I'll have to leave shortly after. Andrej said he'd be there, but Idk when.

The location is the one you guys came to not last time, but the time before: the Loma Pelona Center.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I'd carry you Helmet but you didn't let me play last time I wanted to.
Don't think I'd work well with someone I haven't played yet.

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
Im going to try to get there around 12 30 or so and I will bring a set up. Im hoping for a decent turnout but I can only vouch for myself.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I've been inactive. SC2 + wisdom teeth extraction + hawaii trip soon.

Smash club emails says we will need to find a new place next time we wanna tourny? Who's down for a ton of smashfests this summer?!?!?!

EDIT: In particular, I've noticed that we are all willing and able to play smash but frequently do not have a place to do it. Does anyone have a house or apartment in which smash fests can occur? *glares at DavidM*

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
I would love to host smashfests but my apartment is super small and my roommates are always home, which means less room. I will be here for session A if ya'll want to do smashfests I dont know about my living situation though.

Also gosu didnt you say that SB was too far to drive just for a few hours of smash??

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
@DavidM,

On a weekday, I would definitely be willing to go to a smashfest in SB as I work in SB and can go directly afterwards. Also, if a smashfest occurs on Saturday or Sunday AND lasts for many hours (noon to midnight kind of deal), I would definitely be interested in partaking.

Also, I hope to move to SB/Goleta in the near future (summer/fall), so that will allow for wonderful smashfests; possibly at my hypothetical homestead.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I'd carry you Helmet but you didn't let me play last time I wanted to.
Don't think I'd work well with someone I haven't played yet.
For good reason, you play brawl. Im gonna hold out for maybe Caleb, Huy, Andre or David

You don't let me play Melee because I can also appreciate Brawl.
1) That's ****ed up, there's no excuse to bring a TV to club and not let someone play
2) I play Smash 64 a good chunk too, is that more reason to not let me play? What about Halo 1?

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
I didnt mention 64 or Halo, I just said Brawl smart one. You were gonna get to play, my buddy and me just wanted to warm up. Seeing how we brought the set ups and we work for a living we dont get a lot of opportunities to play. We would have got u in the rotation and you would have sat out every other game.

Yes i am totally up to play this week or weekend some time, just keep me posted.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
You not only played your mains against each other. You went on to play stupid matchups because you got bored of playing each other's mains.
You were warmed up. You were being a dik, that's all there is to it. The behavior is not appropriate at club. If you had wanted to let me play, you would have listened to your friend egging you to let me play. I clearly stared for several matches, ready to whip out my controller, then gave up and played Brawl though I wasn't in the mood for it. If you have a job you should be mature enough to own up. Seriously.

Speaking of mature, love the assumption that I would have lost every game to you two. I'll let it go because you're talking out of your *** to sound smart though.

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
Lol. Get over it. You sound like a whining biatch. I havent lost any sleep over it and you shouldnt either. Eventually you were gonna get to play and yes you would have lost to either cape or me every other game. The fact of the matter is he was egging me on because we both think your a prick and he wanted to crush you. Me, I was having a fun time playing with him and it felt like a waste of time to play you. Just stick with brawl

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
When your bring a TV to club, you don't selectively choose who gets to not play on it. That's my argument. The "whining biatch" has nothing to do with it, so grow up. I could care less if you guys hate my guts, I deal with people more mature than you on a daily basis and you still talk down as an elder despite that. That's the weakest form of character I've seen in a while, which is saying a lot on your part.

Regardless of who would win, which in my opinion is undeterminable because both of us are low level players at any regional tournament, that is not the point. Stop waving your cok around, you're over 20 years old now.

"Just stick with brawl" is exactly the attitude that will kill the melee community. I find it ironic that you exemplify the core of the melee community, yet also prove to be among its leading downfall.

I will oversee that you not bring your TV to club anymore if it continues to be treated the way it is. Stop being a bully and get over yourself. Your friend has the biggest unfiltered mouth I've ever seen as well. I think he may find it funny to criticize brawl despite his lack of understanding of the metagame, but it isn't worth hearing.

Edit: I apologize if I sound too offensive. I'm a bit irrational because I've been doing four lab reports and a chemical presentation in two days, with almost no sleep or food. You getting kicked out of club, however, is a possibility if future events prove it a good decision. You'd be the first.

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
First of all I dont think you remember the events. We came to smash and I had forgotten a cord so we had to go back and get it. I hadnt seen my friend in the days and we would only be there for a limited amount of time. So since I brought the only melee setup I wanted to get warmed up before i started letting people rotate in and that was all of 30 mins. Just out of curiosity what do you ever bring to smash club? I think i have brought food, drinks, tv, gamecube, MELEE, and additional controllers for people to use. You just seem like some freeloader who talks about the game like he knows what hes talking about, but doesnt. It is very unenjoyable to play with you because you complain, make excuses and just cant admit that you are not very good. At one point in time i wasnt very good and lost every game but i didnt complain and make excuses. I took it like a champ and eventually i got better. I dont need to hear the reasons of what u were trying to do and whine and then gloat when you finally did something well. I knew i didnt like playing with you the first time i sat down to play with you. That could have been the reason why i was not inclined to let you play immediately, but you definitely were going to get the chance to play.

You are right, we would be low level players at regionals. But, i have at least played with pros and know i have been able to hang.

I dont know how I am whats wrong with smash when im older, have a job, stay extremely active, have a girlfrend and still try to geek it with smashers on the weekend. Ask anyone else at smash club and i think they would say they enjoy playing with me. So I dont know if you would pull enough weight to excommunicate me from smash. If you did wouldnt u be a hypocrit? saying i have the attitude which will eventually kill the community when ur the one who wants to bar me from playing smash. Life goes on buddy, if you think all i do is play smash and belittle other people your wrong. I like playing with people who have good attitudes about the game. The reason i said play brawl was because its easier, less competitive, and i wouldnt have to listen to you complain.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
First of all I dont think you remember the events. I had a bad day before I got to club.

Just out of curiosity what do you ever bring to smash club? Bunch of assumptions about my contributions to the club. It is very unenjoyable to play with you because of that one night I played you in which you were having a hard time controlling Sheik because you hadn't played Melee for months and were losing to simple, overused tactics.

You are right, we would be low level players at regionals. But, i have at least played with pros and know i have been able to hang. I had no idea you played Melee for four years at tournaments and regionals and got far in brackets almost every time, and probably got farther than me in the LAN tournament bracket last year despite double-participating in the Brawl tournaments and almost winning.

I dont know how I am so damn successful

Fixed.

I cofounded club, ran the only advertising campaign that pulled about 25+ members every meeting last year, brought a TV by physically walking it across campus every single meeting, and disowned my own Wii to smashclub for use. I have weight. I also have been a better melee player than you are now, and am a better brawl player than you are now. I also consider myself more successful at life in general. You hate me because we live different lives, and I hate you for the same reason.

Seems like that's all there is to be said.

Now don't excommunicate players from using your TV without explanation when you bring it to club. It's that simple. And stop flaming me randomly and telling me about your life.
No one cares, this isn't a scene kid forum.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Arguing like it's the brawl community or something.
haha hella true. Haters gonna hate

Real talk tho, John I like as a person and everything and you can pretty cool sometimes but you do "john" a lot. And I mean A LOT lol. Just be chill man and play the game, we're all there to have a good time. And I hope you keep at it with melee, you were improving quite a bit last time we played (but that was a looooong time ago lol)

Joe you ****, and we ***** in doubles. If you ever visit your parents you should hit me up, I might be home and we can maybe squeeze in like an hour of smash or something. And no we don't have to play on my laggy flat screen haha

on a side note, wth happened to smashboards? Its so different..

and its dead week for ucsb kids right? finals next week?

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
Fixed.

I cofounded club, ran the only advertising campaign that pulled about 25+ members every meeting last year, brought a TV by physically walking it across campus every single meeting, and disowned my own Wii to smashclub for use. I have weight. I also have been a better melee player than you are now, and am a better brawl player than you are now. I also consider myself more successful at life in general. You hate me because we live different lives, and I hate you for the same reason.

Seems like that's all there is to be said.

Now don't excommunicate players from using your TV without explanation when you bring it to club. It's that simple. And stop flaming me randomly and telling me about your life.
No one cares, this isn't a scene kid forum.
Lol. Thats cute though how you put in your own words on my post. I really hope it made you feel better. The only reason I would be jealous of your life is that you are in college with little to zero responsibility and college is the best of times. Other than that, I know little about you and dont really care to know anything about you, not enough to hate you. Just from the few encounters i based my opinions and i think i was pretty spot on. Im glad you think you are more successful too, how did you know i was so envious of you........... You sound like a very "special" kid with lots of "special" needs and im very glad im not you.

I had no idea you have been playing melee that long, it certainly doesn't show. Never considered you very good at all, just being honest. I definitely dont you think you were ever better, but we will never know. Its funny I dont remember hearing not one person saying you were any good. Im glad your good at brawl, i just refuse to waste my time with that game.

I didnt mean to go into such detail about my life. Im just super busy all the time and barely get to play melee. So when I sat down to play with my buddy who i hadnt seen in a while and not you, you shouldnt take it personally, it was only because you suck, you annoy me and are a complete waste of my time. Sort of like Brawl

But here, I apologize for not letting you play immediately. Im really sorry you got so butt hurt over it. In the future you are more than welcome to use my set up. I really am tired of bickering over the internet about this nonsense. So if ever you want to have a conversation about this or anything at all in person just let me know. I am not that far away.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Helmet, I'm glad to hear it won't happen again.

Next time someone judges me based on seeing me stare at a TV for a couple hours like Helmet graciously did, have the decency and maturity to say it to my face rather than pull some child-like stunt.

I explained to you, Helmet, what I did for club because you said I didn't do anything. The fact that I was essential to it should have been a winning point, not a point you shrug off as "my life story". You're very terrible at reading.

And I johned a year ago. I grew up. Get over it Melee players who haven't seen me touch the game since for a reason.

I AM SO SORRY, HELMET, THAT CLUB ISN'T HAPPENING AGAIN SOON. I really wanted to tell you to your face what I thought of you. But I'll keep it to myself. Perhaps it's as ignorant as your view of me is. That would be quite pathetic.

Caleb, yes it is dead week. I probably did more writing this week on lab reports than Helmet did in his entire life with the stick and vat of ink he has at home next to his cave.

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
ur still a tool, looks like you always have been, always will. Its pretty fitting that ur name is John. Also past tense is when you were good at melee, right? Must have been a long long long time ago. I live in the present. The truth is you suck now and dont go denying it. Thats all i ask, If you are going to talk you better be able to back it up. That is usually how it goes. Cant wait to see you again buddy :)

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
"Tool" doesn't mean anything. You don't even know me.

I hate melee, you hate brawl. You done arguing about skill yet? I don't even think I'd lose in Melee most of the time to you, still. And its been 3-4 years since tournaments, one since touching the game.

The conversation wasn't about backing anything up. That was you being the gorilla you are. I was telling you not to ruin club, and you took it like a baby.

But, again, thank you for apologizing. It's a shame you can't make real apologies, but as long as your actions are fine everything will be alright.

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
I know you would lose to me. But hey all i need to know about you is your spending your time on the boards on a thursday night still arguing and talking smack. Call me names all you like over the internet but you definitely dont have the balls to say it to my face. Call me stupid if you like, but there is a big difference between book smarts and real smarts. I graduated with a BA in econ and minor in sports mgmt. Im exactly where i want to be now. I will dress however I like, i dress like that because it is comfortable. I am more athletic than you will ever be and thats a fact. You think you are big and mighty talking behind a keyboard, I just wouldnt suggest talking like this to my face. Im going to go hang out with my friends tonight, you should too if you got any.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Why I'm at a computer on a Thursday night: I have finals to study for. I just finished hella lab reports and work. Now I gotta read hella. I'm a chemistry major.

Time for me to grow up: This is a flame war. Whether it was started by you or me, it still is stupid.
I am sorry for insulting who you are, I have no idea who you are, only what you look like when playing Melee. I went too far, and the post was edited when I got my senses, but you saw the bad post I made. I was being as horrible as I could. It's the internet. There's too little satisfaction gained from arguing, so people flame war by elevating their argument to hopefully gain some satisfaction. That never works, it just gets messy.

I am sure you can beat me at Melee, but I wouldn't go down as easy as you'd think. I can beat Huy, David Chao, and Anthony on good days when I return to Melee.
But they all play non-spacies.
You have improved a lot in the last year. I noticed, but I honestly do mean it when I say I can pick up on patterns of your play that would be very punishable. That doesn't mean I can punish them, however, as that takes a lot of coming to terms with execution. You practice a lot more than me at Melee, and for that reason you deserve to be better.

Spacies do give me trouble. They're so different from 2008 spacies. It's ridiculous, and I don't think Sheik should ever operate at top level play to be able to beat Fox/Falco without lucky opportunities for gimping. Spacies alone are the reason I won't return to Melee, in fact. Once they grew and I didn't see the metagame develop, I was out of the loop.

Let's be big men and just acknowledge that we both play different games, and that's that.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Alright guys, as much as I enjoy a good flame war, this is getting a bit ridiculous and has just devolved into name calling.

Joe: I deplore brawl as much as you but it's better to just not say bad things about it in front of brawl players because they take it personally.

John: I think it's a little hypocritical to call people immature and then threaten to ban them from smash club. If you have a beef with someone settle it with them personally don't just try to spite them.

curt992

Smash Cadet
Hi Dante, I was wondering if there would be anymore opportunities to play smash with a decent crowd. I came to the Loma Pelona center last Saturday around 9:30 or so but everybody left by 10:30, so I didn't have much time to play. Thanks for the info, and hopefully I'll hear back from you soon.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Hi Dante, I was wondering if there would be anymore opportunities to play smash with a decent crowd. I came to the Loma Pelona center last Saturday around 9:30 or so but everybody left by 10:30, so I didn't have much time to play. Thanks for the info, and hopefully I'll hear back from you soon.
we might end up playing this satruday in the evening. If you wouldn't mind giving me your phone number I could text you with the details when they are cemented.

Top Bottom