• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I will try to run crews. Last time it was fun. although I feel like it's more fun when scrubs don't do the crews.

Cho if we have enough people to start the tournament early we'll do it, but from experience usually people aren't ready until at least 2. Pools can be run quickly. It's mostly up to the players how quickly they go.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Also the ACT is actually Brawl, Melee, and Project M (Dantarion will be back in SB by then). On the OP, you just said Smash Tournament which is unclear.

Caleb can still make it for teams right or he cannot make the entire tournament? I am fairly sure teams can end at 6:30 PM even if we start at 2 PM. :)

Also I need a partner for the ACT. I main :peach:

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Huy I already told you lol
I can be at the venue at whatever is the earliest possible time but I have to leave around 6pm
Then I MIGHT come back at around 10ish

and the anime club should definitely not be 5 dollars lol. That tourney will probably be smaller than the Loma P tourney this saturday. Its most likely a side event to the anime convention they are having

@dante yeah i'm totatlly fine if I cant enter the tournament due to my own personal time constraints lol
and if we know anything about melee players, its that we are always late. remember the ranbats? we got stuck in traffic for hella long and we were like the firsts ones there hahaha

CableCho57

Smash Lord
at the Loma pelona tourney? yeah probably, joey was supposed to be my teammate so ill have to text him later. If not him davdchao asked if I would team with him. Maybe i'll go all marth in teams?!?!

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Yes, I am asking you if you would enter doubles at the LPT. It is good that you are entering doubles at the LPT. :) Also who wants to be pool captains? I can help run Brawl pools when I am not playing my Melee pool. I was thinking of each pool having 6-8 people with top 2-4 advancing to brackets.

Melee pools:

Pool 1:
Metal Reflect Slime
Master Helmet
A2ZOMG
Marty
Qmann28
Nate

Pool 2:
Dante Fox
Joejoe22802
Cape
Crackle
Raymond
Amanda

Pool 3:
TonyGuacamole
CableCho57
I.C.U.
Chris
Rebecca
Alan

Pool 1 looks stacked so I may have to change it. Also if you think your pool is too stacked or I put your friend whom you play often in your pool, then notify me. :) This is also assuming SLO does not come.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
This my opinion on seeding, keep in mind it's highly anticipatory and not factual or finalized:
Melee Seeding
Based on conversations, the two days I did play melee in club:

Seed 1: Helmet, Anthony, David, David, Cho, Huy, Dante, Joey
Seed 2: Melee regular attendees at tournaments or club meetings
Seed 3: Randoms and irregulars (like Brawl players like me!)

That would be my seeding. And it is based on club/tournament experience so as not to assume ability by just a few results.

Seed 1 is people who have the ability to waveshine or moonwalk to combo/followup at command, or that place in tournament.
Seed 2 is people who play at club or tournament enough to be considered melee players.
Seed 3 is people who we don't know (haven't heard of either) or don't play much with if at all.

Brawl Seeding

Seed 1: Tournament Attendees
Seed 2: Regulars at Club, but that don't beat Tournament Attendees
Seed 3: Randoms

1: David, Anthony, John, Junk, Vicegrip, Ranked players
2: Duncan, Sean, Kitty, Sebastien, Sam
3: Anybody we don't know (haven't heard of either)

So pools would be like:

Pool 1:
- John
- Vicegrip
- Duncan
- Sam
RANDOMS
Pool 2:
- David
- Junk
- Kitty
- Sebastien
RANDOMS

A lot more randoms are anticipated in brawl than melee. Therefore pool 1 and 2 might split seeds into 3 and 4.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Why do all Brawlers not go on here! Darn AiB with it's worthless taking of the masses and making them a blogging facebook group!

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I just realized I forgot to put David Mendez in the pools. :(

Melee pools:

Pool 1:
Metal Reflect Slime
Master Helmet
A2ZOMG
Marty
Qmann28
Nate

Pool 2:
Dante Fox
Joejoe22802
Cape
Crackle
Raymond
Amanda

Pool 3:
TonyGuacamole
CableCho57
I.C.U.
Dr. Awesome
Chris
Rebecca
Alan

Also can Joe and Cape bring Ryan's recording device? :confused:

$heen

Smash Ace
Hugo would get the lowest seed

This my opinion on seeding, keep in mind it's highly anticipatory and not factual or finalized:
Melee Seeding

That would be my seeding. And it is based on club/tournament experience so as not to assume ability by just a few results.

Seed 1 is people who have the ability to waveshine or moonwalk to combo/followup at command, or that place in tournament.
Seed 2 is people who play at club or tournament enough to be considered melee players.
Seed 3 is people who we don't know (haven't heard of either) or don't play much with if at all.
the ability to waveshine or moonwalk
I take back what I previously said about the best post in this thread.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
John, **** you for putting me in seed 1. I can't waveshine or moonwalk for ****.

Just saying. I don't win that ****. I win by chaingrabbing and gimping yo ***.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I was thinking Amanda and Rebecca may enter Brawl but not Melee or vice versa. Anthony and Joey may not enter so I may have to move myself to pool 3 if that happens. Also what time does SLO have to get home by if they do come? :confused:

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Melee Seeding

Note the incredibly important portion that states OR THAT PLACE IN TOURNAMENT. I don't understand how Hugo would even have a chance at being lower than 1st seed given that he's 1) been ranked, 2) known, 3) placed in tournaments. The joke was hilarious but the criticism was unfactual.

David Chao, and possibly Cho/David Mendez can be put in 2nd seed if people feel that they don't place high enough in tournaments and the like.

Individual reasoning for Seed 1:
- Dante has been acknowledged as best in the club by most
- Huy has been acknowledged as second best in club by most
- Anthony has been said to have the best Falcon in club - a character that if played among the best in a local should be able to rank in a local
- David Mendez goes even with Anthony in Falcon dittos among other things
- Cho has a Falco that can do smart shine combos as well as stick to patient and proper spacing
- Helmet is claimed to be up there with Dante and Huy
- Joey is claimed to be up there with Dante and Huy as well

This is seeding based on a CLUB. If there were ranked players or something of the like obviously less people would seed 1 (like top 3 only).
I don't see any good counterarguments.

Also, Hugo has Up-B to deal with waveshine, and near perfect spacing with wavedash ftilt to deal with zone breaks like moonwalk. He also has an incredibly apt mind in specific to handling zoning. Seeing that in a friendly would be very obvious an indicator for seeding.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I'm sorry all I could read was EGO SPAM.
Dude you gotta get better at doubles before you start comparing being "best". :p You beat me like I'm an opponent when I team with you. *points to various teammate rests*

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Well keep getting amazing at beating people one on one but ignoring your teammate, in my opinion that's just baddy logic.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Let's do this on chat in gmail. The forum is for posts not conversations/flaming.

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
*Finds it cute that SB is starting to seed even if it is for just the LAN party*

I can waveshine its just different with falco (ie:easier) Also Ive been to like literally 2 tournys so that probably isnt the best criterion for my seeding.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I wasn't flaming. SB should have done pools a long time ago. Also David, how much do you get paid per month to work for the Bottom Line? :confused: Also John, there was an Iclicker question on Friday as well as today. You should not be spending time on SWF if you have a Chemistry 6A midterm today. Also John and I are not pitching in money for any food related costs for Smash Club in the future. John and I pitched in $10 each for the sushi and this one new guy took like 12 pieces. I was playing Melee on the couch and turned around and I was like WTF. In the future Smash Club should use the club money to get food not from John and me.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
It wouldn't be fair just to ask Caleb to pitch in and not everyone else, so in the future, David should ask a general consensus for the demand on food before bringing the food. Also John and I are not pitching in money for any food related costs for Smash Club in the future. John and I pitched in $10 each for the sushi and this one new guy took like 12 pieces. I was playing Melee on the couch and turned around and I was like WTF. In the future Smash Club should use the club money to get food not from John and me. :mad:

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
DOUBLE POST. And don't bring my name into it. I was surprised, but if club wasn't charged and it went to the admins that makes sense to me so am willing to pay for not having charged our club account.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
huy you dont have to post things twice........

edit: you dont have to just ask me huy, just simply ask everyone here on the boards "hey if anybody is willing to, ...etc etc"

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I'm posting things twice to emphasize the fact that I don't want food related costs to be covered by Smash Club budget if it results in a deficit or risks resulting in a deficit nor do I want the costs to be covered by John and I. :mad: David should make things clear in advance whether we have to pitch in money or not.

SomeRandomKid

Smash Cadet
I went to Domino's and they said there is no limit to how many pizzas you can get, but you have to pick it up, no delivery. As for it being "sketchy", it was an advertisement aired on television, on their twitter, and I have personally purchased it myself.

You can give IV domino's a call if you want a more concrete confirmation. Would be recommended if they tech club finds it "sketchy. Here is IV domino's number - (805) 968-8272 - 11am-3am daily.

Reference: IV Domino's tiwtter - http://twitter.com/ivDominos

Top Bottom