• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
They will care about the food if it is not edible to their lifestyle (food allergies), etc. If people want to play Melee, they will care about the location if they are not able to access it (space restrictions, transportation issues, lack of set up, etc.). I may play with David tonight but I am still unsure. Who can bring power strips on Saturday?

:212:

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
David when you free next week (after Monday) to get together and finalize a ruleset for Brawl?
Personally I want a ledgegrab limit, reasonable counterpicks, and no metaknight for singles, and
just plain no metaknight for teams.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
It is John's tournament, so he can do as he wishes. I am still confused as to what is the difference between no :metaknight: and "just plain" no :metaknight: Also we are playing tomorrow if anyone is interested. I will reveal the time and location if there are enough people.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
It is John's tournament, so he can do as he wishes. I am still confused as to what is the difference between no :metaknight: and "just plain" no :metaknight: Also we are playing tomorrow if anyone is interested. I will reveal the time and location if there are enough people.
yeah but I feel like personal preference is coming into play. I mean it would be like me running a tournament and banning puff. (not cuz you huy but the character is wack lol)
if there really isnt a legit reason then thats just unfair no? especially with sbr rulings. haha what if m2k or dsf show up?

well thats just my two cents, its not like I main MK or play brawl at all for that matter

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
You are welcomed. Also they made a new update regarding tournament listings on SWF. Eventually the LPT thread may get moved or something. Not sure how this will work.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11594686#post11594686

Also is Andymosity's legal first name spelled Andeh or Andy? :confused: Strain spelled it Andy but Mio spelled it Andeh on some of his TIO tournament results files on AiB.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Also is Andymosity's legal first name spelled Andeh or Andy? Strain spelled it Andy but Mio spelled it Andeh on some of his TIO tournament results files on AiB. What time does Dante have to go home by?

Also they made a new update regarding tournament listings on SWF. Eventually the LPT thread may get moved or something. Not sure how this will work.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...6#post11594686

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Most people attending the tournament will not expect to get stalled out, planked, sharked, and having their shield tornado'd down (if they tilt their shield up, which I don't expect them to) so that they have no defensive option to well spaced aerials.

These are all commonly known terms in the Brawl community, and acknowledged issues with Metaknight's ability; frame advantages, how easy he is to use, M2K combo copies, and the flawless stage control in teams aside (when used right).

I personally actually WANT TO USE METAKNIGHT ON EVERYONE in the tournament. No joke, I have been using him a lot lately, so I gained perspective. I am not saying ban metaknight for my sake, it is important no one confuses that fact.
The community here needs to have metaknight banned at least as a test run, and I feel all communities should at least test run this. This being our first tourney this year allows us to do such a thing.
That is why he is banned at this coming tournament.

I would like to mention also that the idea was suggested by JunK (brawl backroom member), who has actually practiced metaknight well enough to probably sweep the tournament even better than I have. Last year I didn't have the balls to have to tell everyone no metaknight, but after much revisiting of concepts in brawl and gameplay, it is a necessary thing to try now that I have come across all the justifications multiple times for it.

Huy when you're done with the ruleset, get it emailed to me somehow. I probably will do ridiculous revisions, but they will be justified (stage list included) - I attended at least 6 tournaments this past summer and have been practicing with ranked players.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Too long in ADVANCE for a local Huy. Discuss the Brawl/melee ruleset for the upcoming tournament instead please.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Most people attending the tournament will not expect to get stalled out, planked, sharked, and having their shield tornado'd down (if they tilt their shield up, which I don't expect them to) so that they have no defensive option to well spaced aerials.

These are all commonly known terms in the Brawl community, and acknowledged issues with Metaknight's ability; frame advantages, how easy he is to use, M2K combo copies, and the flawless stage control in teams aside (when used right).

I personally actually WANT TO USE METAKNIGHT ON EVERYONE in the tournament. No joke, I have been using him a lot lately, so I gained perspective. I am not saying ban metaknight for my sake, it is important no one confuses that fact.
The community here needs to have metaknight banned at least as a test run, and I feel all communities should at least test run this. This being our first tourney this year allows us to do such a thing.
That is why he is banned at this coming tournament.

I would like to mention also that the idea was suggested by JunK (brawl backroom member), who has actually practiced metaknight well enough to probably sweep the tournament even better than I have. Last year I didn't have the balls to have to tell everyone no metaknight, but after much revisiting of concepts in brawl and gameplay, it is a necessary thing to try now that I have come across all the justifications multiple times for it.

Huy when you're done with the ruleset, get it emailed to me somehow. I probably will do ridiculous revisions, but they will be justified (stage list included) - I attended at least 6 tournaments this past summer and have been practicing with ranked players.
o okay I was just asking out of curiousity but you and Jun obviously know more than I do when it comes to brawl.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
We're playing Melee tonight but space is restricted. I IMed Dante but he is not interested in playing today or tomorrow. :(
also please don't speak for me. I never said that. I've been away from my computer for the last few hours. nothing more to it than that.

edit: WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO MY BLUE NAME?!!!! IT'S GONE!!!! I FEEL SO NAKED!!!! D:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Can you bring a set up tomorrow or you can only bring set ups on weekends? Also put your controller in your backpack right now in case you need it tomorrow. :) Also who can bring set ups to the Anime Club tournament? Who can team with me for the Anime Club Tournament? I main :peach:

Top Bottom