• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sandbaggin in Friendlies

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
lol guys

Solution: Ask your opponent if they are sandbagging, and if the answer is yes, ask them "Try your hardest".

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT

OverLade

Smash Hero
How can you tell if someone is sandbagging? You can't unless you play them on a regular basis in tournament and know what they play like....

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
How can you tell if someone is sandbagging? You can't unless you play them on a regular basis in tournament and know what they play like....
I mean I go to probably 3/4 of the tournaments in NC and even in the +40 entrant tournaments I know basically everybody on the list and their skill level, so if I appear to be doing considerably better against them than I should its obvious that they are sandbagging.

I suppose that does require you to be active and/or outgoing in the local scene though.

I assume that the OP is focused more on the top players though, which aren't hard to keep track of. If you know someone is on the PRs or places top8 consistently and you don't you shouldn't be winning the majority of your friendlies.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I mean I go to probably 3/4 of the tournaments in NC and even in the +40 entrant tournaments I know basically everybody on the list and their skill level, so if I appear to be doing considerably better against them than I should its obvious that they are sandbagging.

I suppose that does require you to be active and/or outgoing in the local scene though.

I assume that the OP is focused more on the top players though, which aren't hard to keep track of. If you know someone is on the PRs or places top8 consistently and you don't you shouldn't be winning the majority of your friendlies.
Indeed. The PR of each state should realize that they are the head of the state. They represent the state (obviously) in OOS play. However, the interstate tournaments still matter. Also, wouldn't you rather have a high performance level that isn't on your PRs? That is the main point. There should be a plethora of good people in each state, not just the PRs. The top level people in your state can see bad habits and mistakes the lower level people do, so they can help them the most.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I'd like to add the fact that some do need the pressure from a tournament's environment to be able to play seriously.

Top Bottom