• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sandbag in the Wifi Room

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Reading about why BBrawl left the sandbag in the wifi room made me rethink the Bag in the Wifi room thing. :V

Considering the stage is pretty much a larger FD with no gay ledges, we had to go far as to create a rule (FD Rule) in order to unbreak CPs and stage bans when it came to banning FD.

We never tested leaving the bag in Wifi room in any nightly builds nor got any form of feedback other than WBR amongst themselves.

The reason BBrawl is leaving the bag in there is that its another form of stage control and it would help against projectile spam by acting as a controllable barrier giving certain characters (ie heavies) some way to deal with projectile characters (falco with uncapped lasers) without the use of platforms.

What are your thoughts on putting the bag back in for a nightly or two to see what the feedback is.

tbh, I'd like to see how the stage would play with the sandbag in the room. :V

Alopex

Smash Ace
Sure.

I'm all for anything that makes projectiles less ********.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
based on reception here, I was going to bring it up in a nightly thread and on BPN in an article probably asking for a debate on the idea.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I think it should be thrown in a public nightly only after we've publicly announced a goal of mutual co-operation with Thinkamen / AA, or else we will never hear the end of the BBrawl fanbois calling us thieves.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I think it should be thrown in a public nightly only after we've publicly announced a goal of mutual co-operation with Thinkamen / AA, or else we will never hear the end of the BBrawl fanbois calling us thieves.

....what.

Just like they've had similar ideas to our changes. We can have to them. that and BBrawl is based of codes we made soley for B+. .___.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I haven't been involved with this project for two weeks, yet I knew we were going to test this and didn't make a topic about it.

-New Pork City is now Wifi Training Room with the Sandbag (new music, too!)

Straight from the BR test sets. Check em more often

goodoldganon

Smash Champion

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Still though. The idea is too good not to not try. :V

EDIT: We increased the hitlag? Looolwut. That was random as hell. V:

Dawww @ MK Dthrow change. I LIKED my Dthrow CG that I FOUND and USED ALOT. D:

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah I made a bunch of changes yesterday, hope you enjoy em, its pretty cool level

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Reading this topic, I was reminded of a question I got from a bunch of players frequently and repeatedly: Why did we pick NPC, and can we pick another stage? It seems a lot of people liked going to NPC and messing around with stuff for practice or casuals with friends, and really don't like that you can't do that anymore in B+. Would this be something feasible to look into (PK)?

shanus

Smash Hero
Reading this topic, I was reminded of a question I got from a bunch of players frequently and repeatedly: Why did we pick NPC, and can we pick another stage? It seems a lot of people liked going to NPC and messing around with stuff for practice or casuals with friends, and really don't like that you can't do that anymore in B+. Would this be something feasible to look into (PK)?
Its easy to do, should I replace it with 75M?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
The sandbag is okay, but how the game camera handles two players + stationary object (Wario's Bike, Sandbag) is annoying. =/

Like the camera already sucks, but now it feels like it doesn't even want to follow me to the ledge since Mr. Sandbag wants to seize glory.

*wonders how the camera code will remedy this?*

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Its easy to do, should I replace it with 75M?
Please no. I actually use that stage to CP friends during friendlies.

I'm probably the only competitive smasher who has stage specific strats on that stage (Mario fludd into fire, combo off fire. Multiple ledge abuse, etc etc.)

just make an extra SSS icon that looks like the menu, and write Wifi Room to that as I've suggested WAY BACK ****ING WHEN. Yeroc messes with SSS? Ask him to do it.

Stop being lazy. :V

shanus

Smash Hero
Please no. I actually use that stage to CP friends during friendlies.

I'm probably the only competitive smasher who has stage specific strats on that stage (Mario fludd into fire, combo off fire. Multiple ledge abuse, etc etc.)

just make an extra SSS icon that looks like the menu, and write Wifi Room to that as I've suggested WAY BACK ****ING WHEN. Yeroc messes with SSS? Ask him to do it.

Stop being lazy. :V
You still have to replace a stage to make it work in SSS you know? And i think more people play on NPC or Hanenbrow than 75M. There is no way to make everyone happy....

Yeroc just made one, and instead of calling me lazy, try and figure it out on your own, its not a simple code to work with when the descruption text for how to work it is missing.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if ppl keep complaining about taking out another stage u could just not include WWR in the first place...
*chibo stage post*

what stage to take out always comes down to opinion, but i pick new pork anyway. imo it shouldnt be done until it can be properly, aka, replace the pic for new pork on the stage select screen somehow

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
ITS ALREADY POSSIBLE. LOL GUYS. CHECK YOUTUBE. THEY HAVE SSS HACKS OF THE MENU ICON ON SSS GOING TO BTT STAGES AND HRC AND ****.

eff gaiz. D:

Also, silence Chibo. Your conservative view on stages is annoying to me. D:<

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
but if we have to make special rules because two stages are so similar then clearly thats a problem

rant rant rant
lol

Alopex

Smash Ace
Let's just replace FD with WFWR w/ no sandbag. Problem solved.

And I also like 75m much more than NPC, so I would really rather have that stage hanging around.
I really can't stand NPC, but if that one *has* to stay, then I'd say the Mario Bros Arcade level should go instead.

shanus

Smash Hero
Let's just replace FD with WFWR w/ no sandbag. Problem solved.

And I also like 75m much more than NPC, so I would really rather have that stage hanging around.
I really can't stand NPC, but if that one *has* to stay, then I'd say the Mario Bros Arcade level should go instead.
we figured out a way to not remove levels, they just will not be able to go on random select.

haven't made it yet, but will be incorporated at some point today

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I think we all can agree that NPC itself is completely unsalvageable competitively. I'm going to use it's random slot for WFWR. Now I just need a "permabanned" stage list to go on the Melee page, and all the other stages will go on the front. Awesomesauce.

The Cape

Smash Master
If we can remove sandbag from the camera and make him not take his own damage, that would be sweet. Makes it a much more useful tool for approaching projectiles.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I didn't read any of the posts, but i played BB today and tbh...the sandbag gave me ADD. I kept ****** and attacking it instead of fighting my opponent lmao.

On a serious note, I used it to block projectiles too xD

hai guitar hero cat :3

Top Bottom