• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

D

Deleted member

doubles was buttrape

sadly i got ***** in singles

is there brackets somewhere?

Kira-

Smash Champion
ohhhh that's why he was so good lol

old school players always have mindgames (aka they can adapt)

all these new kids have tech skill but dont really know how to play the game (yet)

DJMirror

Smash Master
Ok shoutouts

AZN LEP - ya amazing for making this tournament fun even tho it's with 4 set up
Pnoy - stop slapping my ***! >=(
Stab - it's ok about the falcon punch, we got this
Maple - it's ok you got this
MacD - ****n close *** set with Pit
Pit - too good for beating fly
Fly - Your advice is amazing XD
Connor - Congrats on 4th
Eddy Mexico - Ya sooo good
Zhu - Your marth sucks good **** for 1st tho
Dunskie - get ****ed up
Mango - you didn't even get top 3 with dunskie, better go back with psychomidget XD
S2J - i'll pay ya back at the next tournament
Lovage - ya picking on maple and Dunskie >=(
PBS - nice seeing ya again and i know kanna going out with romeo is so random =/
JDM - the car going to SD feel really fast, the car ride back feel so slow =/
Atlus - we didn't play at all
Panda Express - ya sooo good!!!!!
GSUB - Sup
SDR - thanks for the advice in marth ditto
LHG - hahaha dont wanna get recorded?
SA2Jeff - Judd is that **** good in poker? wow...
J-Flo - Get at me >=(

GSUB

Smash Lord
shoutouts i guess...

McCainy -Thanks for the riddddde! You were all sad the rest of the day =/
Connor - You were snoring in the car! haha, and woooow, you played hecka gay against me in tournament with your sheik @_@ but that's what you gotta do =/
Zhu - Friendlies were fun! =D I feel like I'm improving lots! Dinner was fun also!
Lanstar - gehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. GG's. I don't HAVE to go puff to win.. haha.
Jkun - Sup to you also.
JDM - Fun friedlies... I was very upset about not getting that 4stock... but that quadruple short-hop upair to rest made it all better. OH YEAH! GOOD STUFF BEATING BAM!!! =D
Bam - Nice meeting you. WIsh I coulda played your main.
A Rookie - Tooooo goood. Our matches were so close that it was ridiculous... lol. I would like to play you more.
Rey - Sorry I sandbagged our first friendly =p was trying dumb stuff. Good seeing you.
JFlo - Don't be bored! Nice meeting you.
Nawnscents - Woooooow, our tourney set was soooo fun. I would like to play you more also.
Russel - Good **** getting fifth!
Eddy Mexico - Such a nice guyyy! Wish I got to play more than once! nice meeting you =)
Pit - Watching Fly camp you like that was so upsetting... And then you made a comeback!!! It was nice to see you do that =D
AznLep - Fun tourney! Hope valentines day with your girl goes well! And that she liked that pizookie! Fuhhh, I want one now =/
Maple - We didn't play or talk much. But dinner was fun!
Stab - You didn't seem very warmed up for teams =/ and you broke the dunk's shield in tournament LOL

I'm forgetting people I know it...
Remind me; if not, good seeing/meeting you!

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL Rus-Soul likes to talk to you during pivotal points in the match in the hopes of distracting you.

Real old school.

He'll deny he really does this, but come on? I was asked a deep/philosophical smash question everytime I was in a position to edgeguard. Haha, it's cool though.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Video Thread

shoutouts

Russel - Too fun playing friendlies with you
Gsub - We play every week but I played so many friendlies with you lol
JDM - Good stuff beating Bam!
Bam - Sorry for cheering so hard against you lol
LHG - GGs in tourney and at least I know you're fillipino now =D
Eddy Mexico - Always a pleasure to see you =)
Fly - Nice job on third!
Connor - Good stuff beating eddy
Pit - wow, second place that's awesome =O
Zhu - I wanted to play you in more friendlies lol
Rey - Slick ganon, nice seeing you again
A rookie - Going the distance with mario. You and rey need to come to my tournies more often lol
guy who made the bet with rey whose name I forgot - I forgot your name but it was nice meeting you
Pnoy - you're a funny guy
Jkun - We'll do better next time!
MacD - <3, you'll do better next time lol
Maple - Hiiiii
Pat - nice tourney pat! If only there were more setups =(
Gylmar - GGs in tourney
PBS - the Public broadcasting service beat me in oturney =O
ycz6 - omg omg omg the guy who made "Mindgames"
mango/dunskies/lovage/johnny - don't leave early next time =(
Everyone I'm forgetting - sowwie <3

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hey folks, sorry i haven't been online in a bit, i'll post the brackets later tonight.

Big shoutout to my homie from Africa, Ulaw Mzla. Too good.

Uhhh... Kinda sketched to host more of these based on lack of setups. We kinda lucked out by only have 39 people show, and then 7 of them leaving haha.

Anyways next triweekly will be sometime in late march/early april. Star posting weekends that work well for you guys. I wanna give this one plenty of time for heads up so there aren't any last minute johns.

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
hey folks, sorry i haven't been online in a bit, i'll post the brackets later tonight.

Big shoutout to my homie from Africa, Ulaw Mzla. Too good.

Uhhh... Kinda sketched to host more of these based on lack of setups. We kinda lucked out by only have 39 people show, and then 7 of them leaving haha.

Anyways next triweekly will be sometime in late march/early april. Star posting weekends that work well for you guys. I wanna give this one plenty of time for heads up so there aren't any last minute johns.
Ino this is ******** to ask and ridiculously late but, would you happen to still have the WGF brackets?

Kira-

Smash Champion
old school players always have mindgames (aka they can adapt)

all these new kids have tech skill but dont really know how to play the game (yet)
i think i know the answer to this

New kids have to have tech skill, because they can't keep up with the current metagame without it. As a result they put a lot of time into having tech skill because all the mindgames occur at lightspeed and they haven't played the game long enough to notice it.

Old school players had to have mind games, because we had absolutely no tech skill. There was no overwhelming with speed or knowledge of frames or even combos that we knew would work. Instead we had to play by reading the opponent, because that's all we had to gain an edge.

rus s0uL

Smash Apprentice
These are really late shoutouts...

Pat - Fun tourny. Turned out great with only having 4 set ups. Always fun to have matches with you. & thanks for letting me borrow a cube on such short notice.
Stab - Kudos for recording matches. Friendlies with you is always fun.
GSUB - Good seeing you bro. Your jiggs seems to be getting better against marth. Keep it up!
A Rookie - You're a cool smasher & definitely fun to joke around with. You have a ****** Mario as well. Your friends are great too, I apologize since I can't remember all of them. Your Ganon friend is chill & has good potential.
28 - Fun match. Your falco is getting there. Your first tourny shouldn't be your last tourny. Hope to smash again.
SDR - We got ****ed up in teams! LOL. Your marth is a ****in beast in dittos, shouldn't have gave you tips...haha. You should have stayed to finish your brackets tho.
Zhu - Definitely one of the best falcos. Too bad you don't remember me from SJSU, it's all good tho. See you around.
SA2Jeff - Your peach is pretty good. We had a real close close set. GGs man.
Johnny - Good seeing you. Congrats on doubles. Too bad you left early.
SK - Didnt get to play you. See you next time when im in UCSD.
Sunny - Too bad we only played2 games. Lol, I didn't even realize. Hope you had a great weekend.
Ycz12 - "0-death him. Come on. You can do it." LOL. good seeing you.
Jesse - Good matches. Your falco is fun to play against.
Zapdose - Nice meeting you. I can't seem to remember your real name, sorry. Just play more & attend tournies and you'll get better.

HugS - LOL. I thought you were joking but i guess you are serious. So I hear you're a real nice guy & you are the best Samus. The last part is definitely true. When i found out i get to play you in pools i'm like "Oh ****. Finally gonna meet a pro smasher & the best Samus." So naturally I wanted to chat with you & asked if you've played so & so, etc. What deep philosophical question did i even ask you, cuz all i remember asking was "So have you beaten Ken before?" LOL...way to over analyze things. Seriously, i thought you were chill & it was just chit chat, not some plot to distract you...haha. See you around.

sorry if i forgot ayone else.

HugS™

Smash Lord
These are really late shoutouts...

Pat - Fun tourny. Turned out great with only having 4 set ups. Always fun to have matches with you. & thanks for letting me borrow a cube on such short notice.
Stab - Kudos for recording matches. Friendlies with you is always fun.
GSUB - Good seeing you bro. Your jiggs seems to be getting better against marth. Keep it up!
A Rookie - You're a cool smasher & definitely fun to joke around with. You have a ****** Mario as well. Your friends are great too, I apologize since I can't remember all of them. Your Ganon friend is chill & has good potential.
28 - Fun match. Your falco is getting there. Your first tourny shouldn't be your last tourny. Hope to smash again.
SDR - We got ****ed up in teams! LOL. Your marth is a ****in beast in dittos, shouldn't have gave you tips...haha. You should have stayed to finish your brackets tho.
Zhu - Definitely one of the best falcos. Too bad you don't remember me from SJSU, it's all good tho. See you around.
SA2Jeff - Your peach is pretty good. We had a real close close set. GGs man.
Johnny - Good seeing you. Congrats on doubles. Too bad you left early.
SK - Didnt get to play you. See you next time when im in UCSD.
Sunny - Too bad we only played2 games. Lol, I didn't even realize. Hope you had a great weekend.
Ycz12 - "0-death him. Come on. You can do it." LOL. good seeing you.
Jesse - Good matches. Your falco is fun to play against.
Zapdose - Nice meeting you. I can't seem to remember your real name, sorry. Just play more & attend tournies and you'll get better.

HugS - LOL. I thought you were joking but i guess you are serious. So I hear you're a real nice guy & you are the best Samus. The last part is definitely true. When i found out i get to play you in pools i'm like "Oh ****. Finally gonna meet a pro smasher & the best Samus." So naturally I wanted to chat with you & asked if you've played so & so, etc. What deep philosophical question did i even ask you, cuz all i remember asking was "So have you beaten Ken before?" LOL...way to over analyze things. Seriously, i thought you were chill & it was just chit chat, not some plot to distract you...haha. See you around.

sorry if i forgot ayone else.
LoL I exaggerate when I post. Some people realize this, you obviously didn't ask me anything philosophical. LoL, but all your questions did come during important moments. You coulda talked to me before or after the tournament match.

I didn't over analyze anything either, I just can't help but notice someone asking me a question everytime I tried to edgeguard or something.

I play a lot of tournament matches, I've had people try to start a conversation during a semi-close tournament match maybe 2 times in my life. So i notice. No biggie, I didn't care, just thought it was funny.

rus s0uL

Smash Apprentice
I didn't realize they were during important times of the match. I try to have fun & at least talk. There wasn't anytime to ask you questions before/after because we were in pools. You had a match right after or I would have a match right after so there wasn't an opportunity. Lol at the "philosophical questions" comment, that's still hilarious. Hopefully i play your Samus again.

Top Bottom