• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
When:
April 19th, 2008
10:00 AM for warm-ups and setting-up
12:00 PM Tournament will start, no exceptions
9:00 PM Clean up
10:00 PM Tournament must end, no exceptions

Where:

University of California: San Diego
Sixth College Lodge
9500 Gilman Dr.
La Jolla CA, 92092

Schedule:

10:00AM Doors open for setting up
11:00AM Friendlies and Sign-ups
12:00PM Doubles Tournament
3:45PM Doubles Finals
4:00PM Singles Tournament
9:00PM Singles Finals
9:15PM Clean up and Friendlies
10:00PM Must be out of the venue.

Tournament Rules

Singles and Doubles:
Double Elimination
Team Attack ON
Items OFF
8:00 Time Limit
3 stock
All Sets are Best 2 out of 3
All Finals are Best 3 out of 5

Stages:
Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise
Skyworld

Banned:
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom
Norfair
Onett
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses Island
Spear Pillar
Summit
Temple
WarioWare, Inc.
Yoshi's Island

Entry Fee and Pot Distribution:

$5.00 - Singles Entry
$10.00 - Doubles Entry ($5.00 per person)

Singles: 1st 60% - 2nd 30% - 3rd 10%
Doubles 1st 60% - 2nd 30% - 3rd 10%

NOTE: $50.00 will be taken from the pot in order to pay for the venue fee.

Azn Lep: (760) 580-6774

BRING SETUPS - WE WILL NEED TVS, WIIS, AND COPIES OF BRAWL

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
DOUBLE POST CUZ I"M HOSTING, WUT!

my bad for not posting earlier, I coulda sworn I did haha. Anyways sorry for the short notice to those of you that weren't sure if there was a tournament.

Soid

Smash Journeyman
oh guys maybe i can go over there to play some matches but i cant stay on the tournament i dont have a lot of money >_< who is going to be there?

edit. edreeses i add u to my brawl friends and to aim so when u want a match just message me :D

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hmmmm turnout is looking kind of grim right now. guess the short notice was a bit much haha. this may turn into just a smashfest. Bring setups and what nots

ok we have like 25 people and 3 setups, if your coming BRING STUFF

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yo mangs, it's LHG AND J_FLO AKA LHG-SP0T AND JAYFIZZLE coming to you live from Brawl Triweekly II ALL THE WAY FROM SAN DIEGO LOLZ. RESULTSIES:

Singles:

1: Pnoy
2: Hall
3: JAmeZ
4: E Z
5: Azn Lep
5: Soid
7: Nicktendo
7: J_Flo
9: Izpop
9: Jenag
9: LHG
9: 2man
13: Nabster
13: Nuke
13: Selen
13: Kyubi
17: Burnt Socks
17: Udub
17: SA3
17: Chubbs
17: Wicho
17: Sark
17: 8=D
17: JG
25: Somiyah
25: Danny
25: Dragz
25: Hugglebuni
25: Awex
25: Xino?
25: Ghetto Soldier
25: Matt
33: IDCYPD
33: Explosive

Dubs homie:

1: Ernie Rays Jr. (Pnoy + LHG)
2: Snabble (Nabster + Japan)
3: Metamarth (2man + JAmeZ)
4: Epic Failure (Izpop + E Z)
5: Primal Rage (Awex + Nicktendo)
5: Hallep (Hall + Azn Lep)
7: SA3 and Dragz (SA3 + Dragz)
7: Smash Assasins (Dreamhack619)
9: DW (Danny + Wicho)
9: Smashophiles (CTV + 514)
9: Unnamed (Windstorm + Big)
9: Burnt Bunny (Burnt Socks + Hugglebuni)
13: Godly Omegas (ICYDP + Nuke)
13: The Crump Brigade (Matt + Xino?)
13: Chubbies Rule (Ghetto Soldier + Chubbs)

Yeahh, that's the way I like it... heh heh.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
fun tournament! even though the low turnout and setups. best placing Ive got so far! I need to keep working on my Dedede :)

shoutouts:

Azn lep - your always a great tournament runner and really nice you rock dude
Pnoy - your marth is too brutal dude! I did beat you game 2 in that amazing way lol. I shouldnt have stayed DK haha great job getting first and in doubles to!
Hall - your snake was reallllly good you knocked me and my 2 freinds out lol, ggs man. I went about the sudden death wrong I couldnt react in time because I was shocked i acutally got the swallowcide :laugh:
Dragz - way too close this time! your ROB was really improved from when i played it last! :) were now officially freindly rivals now having to play again and in teams to. ggs man defintely
LHG - good games in doubles AGAIN, you guys always ****ing get us lol and you beat alex in signles and pnoy beat me in singles. at the end it was funny snake is way too good in brawl but pnoy took him out for the win! "cut him in half!"
Jflo - hell yeah tied for 7th! we'll get snake next time haha

also good games to Jenag and Soid

wheres the next tournament at!

_V_

Smash Ace
Are these going to continue on through the summer?

My family just moved to San Diego from Connecticut, so I will be there pretty much all summer and want to meet/play everyone <3

I go to school in New York, but after I move all my crap into my apartment on June 1st I will be heading out west.

So yeah, I hope to see you all in a little over a month!

Awex

Smash Lord
Fun stuff. I was kinda on tilt, ****ed up a lot in singles. Wasn't on the ball at all like at boss's last time. =/

Teams was a blast though. Double De's are too good. :D

Seeya next time.

Jenag

Smash Rookie
Brawl tourney waits are qq without lots of setups =(. I'm johnning at the fact someone called me a noob when i was playing nicktendo so i got *****! Who said that? QQ I'm gonna go cry in my corner now.

But that was a great 1st tourney ever for me. I want to go to more!

Awex

Smash Lord
omg, I'm so sorry. That was me. I didn't know it was you and I only said noob because of post count and it was about Pat's Lucas post. I really didn't mean anything by it! D:

aaagh, I feel bad now. ._.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Brawl tourney waits are qq without lots of setups =(. I'm johnning at the fact someone called me a noob when i was playing nicktendo so i got *****! Who said that? QQ I'm gonna go cry in my corner now.

But that was a great 1st tourney ever for me. I want to go to more!
You arent a noob man your lucas was defintely good! :) I love lucas keep it up hes got mad combos and priority and power. those were ggs dude

Awex explained it in his post he really was just talking about the post count how it says smash noob, he said almost this exactly how it was funny patricks post about Lucas being good looking and only refering a noob because of the post count.

Jenag

Smash Rookie
naw don't feel bad, i'm really a noob, never really played the other smash bros. hehehe Just wanted to play something other than WoW for a change

.PNOY.

Smash Apprentice
Pnoy won? He finally broke through. Good stuff man.

--GCII

HELLS YEAH SON! mang u shoulda been there Game! i know it wasnt much of a turnout, but it was TOO GOOD!!!

Shoutizzouts:
umm...first goes to...

Pat: dude it was TOO FUN chillin there with u and like walkn in and u bein like basically the only i knew but it was all gravy. u and ur freakin gay finger touchin lip move thing and the whole-Guy:"it smells like chips!..." You:"it TASTES like chips!!!! :]" HAHAHHAA oh man TOO GOOD.

LHG n JFLO: two SICKEST MANGS there. freakin we tore it up in doubles nulf gettin 1st place FINALLY! couldnt have done it w/out u no matter what u say. Jason freakin tryna throw stuff at u from upstairs LMAO too funny JatS is SEX.

Nick n Alex: dude u guys are like THE GREATEST white people i've ever met SERIOUSLY! lmao. freakin us makin fun of people and nick givin me little ghetto massages and hilarious commentary during my matches. i F'in HATE ur DK for that throwoff level spike w/ me at like 10% or w/e. haha u guys made it all coolio there

Jamez:WOWOWOWOWOWOW....WHAT CAN I SAY?!?! freakin SO FUNNY and somtimes i couldnt take u seriously and during those matches u ***** me. THEE BEST marth i've gone against so far. 5-1 in our marth dittos SON!

Fumi: dude CRAZY freakin yoshi, IN MELEE haha. watch out for that ganon, overpower like a MOTHER. thanks for bringin melee n lettin me play witcha.

and for everyone i played matches with n saw, u guys made this triweekly seriously one of the best. not jus cuz i won, but cuz it was like so chill n fun. cant wait to see evry1 again at the next tourney!

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Man, beat me to shoutouts Pony. I was too busy owning up young Joshua online and watching Yu Yu Hakusho LOL.

Shoutouts:

Pat/Azn Lep: LOL MAAAAN. Dude, when we really talk, you're freaking HILARIOUS. All the random stuff like the Sunchips thing, $5 "RANDOMS" MM, "How to beat Snake" oh man. Thanks for having the triweekly. I was laughing the entire time.

Pnoy: Ohhhhhh my, finally. My brother and mom were surprised when I told them what happened because usually I come home with news of nothing special. Just finally man. FINALLY. You're too clutch when it comes to winning, I'm glad we've teamed since the beginning.

J_Flo: I feel bad sometimes that we leave you out, but I'm glad we're crewmates all day. Good sh** in singles, thanks for the ride, and NO MORE TACO BELL LOL. Watching random vids on Pat's computer while managing the bracket = win.

Nicktendo: LOL DUDE, you were making me laugh the whole time during the finals. "WHA- I DIDN'T EVEN SEE HIM PLANT THAT." AND "CUT HIM IN HALF" IN A SUPER SUBTLE VOICE. Good stuff in doubles, I'm still scared of your D3, freakin insane. Hopefully we can go through a tournament where Ernie Rays Jr. and Primal Rage don't have to play each other.

Awex: Despite you saying you were off, I still think you got the meanest ICs right now. Insane grab skills, I say. I felt dirty playing Peach, but Pit's too pansy when it comes to ICs ownage. DOUBLE D3 WITH NICK IS AWESOME.

I can't think of anyone else at the moment cuz it's getting late and FATIGUE HAS KICKED IN, but if I had a match with you or something like that, GGs all around. It's cool seeing new faces, good seeing everyone in the SD scene. LET'S PLAY MELEE TOO.

WHERE WAS THE REST OF THAT SD SMASH SCENE WE ALL LOVE?

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Not bad for my first tournament. I was a little dissappointed by the lack of Ness love, but it's cool. See you at the next one.

Jenag

Smash Rookie
Definitely Chris but i'm sure it was cause i got lucky =P so no redemption is necessary.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm kind of amazing, good thing too cuz this could have been pretty lame... haha kiddin... but not really

Pnoy - Good shiz on first man, teams and singles o.O Fun hangin' out and shenanigans
LHG - Firstsies in teams. Ernie Rays Jr. would be proud
JFlo - Great hangin out at the tourney, you should enter teams sometimes haha
Hall - Snake is dumb
JAmeZ - Marth is dumb
8=D - You're name was ***** for the entire tournament, random is top tier
Nicktendo - Dedede is comin along solid man, keep it up. Best placement yet right
Awex - Don't let one tourney get to ya, you and Nick tore it up in teams with broken grab combos
Izpop/E Z - Good **** in teams guys, and gratz on singles placements.
Soid - Thanks for comin man, sorry it was so tough for me to try and give directions
Kyubi - Thanks for the setup, man we'd have been screwed without it
2man - You've improved a lot since last time I saw you. Metaknight is getting crazy!
Little Fumi - Brought melee, didn't enter the tournament, and plays Yoshi. 100% ****.
Burnt Socks and HuggleBunni - Wow those are some cute names for little kids haha.
Selen/Matt - Good to see new faces, glad you guys could make it.
IDCPYDCRYCYDCRPID3CPO - wtf? 0 to death was beautiful

Sorry if I didn't mention you, but that's all I could remember off the top of my head. To everyone I didn't mention, you guys are **** and win in life.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
DON'T FORGET!!!

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL TOURNAMENT​

Date: May 3, 2008

Time: 1:00 P.M. (12:00-1:00 P.M. set-up and friendlys)

(5269 Linda Vista Rd., San Diego Ca. 92110)

Events: Single's And Double's

Fee: $10-Singles Entry and $10-Doubles Entry ($5 Per person)

Pot Distribution: 1st-60%, 2nd-30%, 3rd-10%

Rules: 8 minute time limit, 3 stock, items off, and team attack on

Allowed Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Smashville, Yoshi's Island, Castle Siege, Corneria, Delfino Plaza, and Luigi's Mansion

(Each player or team will choose a stage once. From there all stages will be chosen at random from the allowed stages.)

(*NOTE)

PLEASE BRING WII's And Copies Of Brawl

If you can, call and let us know ahead of time if you will be bringing a WII or A Copy of Brawl so we can make a note of it. And of course bring your own controller. GameCube controllers only!

More Info: Call "Gamers Universe" (619) 543-0800 or visit

http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=637 and check it out there!!!

Top Bottom