• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Jenag

Smash Rookie
I wanna play Patrick! Who's patrick and where do you live? I want to know how good i am!

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
uhh I don't really play a whole lot haha. I haven't played brawl since like the last triweekly, but if guys want to organize something I'd be more than happy stop by or help get things together here at UCSD.

PS - Mario Kart Wii is soooo fun (not sure what tournament players will think of it though)

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
oh haha no i wasnt suggesting to play MK at the triweekly, it just feels like MK:DD -> MK:Wii is really similar to melee -> brawl in the respect that it targets the more general audience. So i'm thinking that there are some tournament MK players that might be disappointed with the features in MK Wii much like many smashers had disappointments about brawl.

ChrisLionheart

Smash Apprentice
i think we should organize a UCSD crew. I transferred here from UCSC and they had a Smash crew that had meetings/practice once a week or atleast gather 3-4 people at somebody's place to smash. And in the end, the Smash crew started winning the tournaments held at UCSC. The UCSC smash group is called "Smash Slugs." I think we should have "Smash Tritons." Anyone interested? I heard that there was previously UCSD/UCI rivalry in melee, let's generate that hype for brawl!

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Well, I go to UCSD and live really nearby. I would love to play on a regular basis with a crew.

I main R.O.B., Wolf, and Ganondorf btw.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
i think we should organize a UCSD crew. I transferred here from UCSC and they had a Smash crew that had meetings/practice once a week or atleast gather 3-4 people at somebody's place to smash. And in the end, the Smash crew started winning the tournaments held at UCSC. The UCSC smash group is called "Smash Slugs." I think we should have "Smash Tritons." Anyone interested? I heard that there was previously UCSD/UCI rivalry in melee, let's generate that hype for brawl!
Hell no.

You can't take Pat away from my crew.

The Chop Suey

Smash Rookie
dont think i can make it :( dang admit day at ucsd lol idk by the time i get out i think you guys will be registered and set idk we'll c

noobmaster

Smash Apprentice
A crew sounds like a good idea... count me in!
I dont live on campus so someone else has to organize this, we should talk more about it at the next triweekly

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hmmm looks like this saturday wouldn't be best for everyone... Admit day is going on so they might need the lodge, many people can't make it, and there's a melee tourney in Pomona. I guess i'll kick it back to the 19th. Sorry for anyone who was really looking forward to it. On the bright side, there'll be more competition and more time to spread the word. Saturday April 19th

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
The 19th is awful for me since i have work until 12:00...:( I'll try and make it with a TV and stuff though, maybe get in some friendlies.

ChrisLionHeart, where you at man? I wanna play...

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
ATTENTION TO ALL SAN DIEGO SMASHERS!!!

Alright, I've been talking to a guy from "Gamers Universe" here in SD, and he's been wanting to get a Brawl tournament going. He wants me to find out how many people would be interested in going to this tournament? It would be the same as a tri-weekly with cash prizes and even some prizes provided by their sponsors. We would still have to bring Wii's and copies of Brawl to this thing. Also, (Dont quote me on this) early June there will be a Gears of War, Halo 3, and Call of Duty 4 tournament at Gamers Universe which representatives from MLG (Major League Gaming) will be attending. So if we can get everything organized and scheduled we might be able to squeez in Super Smash Brothers Brawl in that same period. So I just need to know how many people would be interested in attending so if this tournament does happen we'll know how many to expect, and we can get this done. I will update when I get more info if this ends up happening....

For more info on Gamers Universe visit http://www.gamersuniversesd.com/ or call (619) 543-0800

felipe1123

Smash Cadet
Chris, PM me your schedule? I live at Sixth Apartments, iono if I'd go all the way to costa verde for smash, sorta lazy, but i'm free most days anyways if you wanna play on campus.

Anyone else is free to PM me too if they wanna play.

Jenag

Smash Rookie
Campus matches sounds fun, i live on campus too. I wanna meet up with the other players and play some. I'm really tired of the lag and playing lucas with uncontrollable PK thunder! =(

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
ATTENTION TO ALL SAN DIEGO SMASHERS!!!

Alright, I've been talking to a guy from "Gamers Universe" here in SD, and he's been wanting to get a Brawl tournament going. He wants me to find out how many people would be interested in going to this tournament? It would be the same as a tri-weekly with cash prizes and even some prizes provided by their sponsors. We would still have to bring Wii's and copies of Brawl to this thing. Also, (Dont quote me on this) early June there will be a Gears of War, Halo 3, and Call of Duty 4 tournament at Gamers Universe which representatives from MLG (Major League Gaming) will be attending. So if we can get everything organized and scheduled we might be able to squeez in Super Smash Brothers Brawl in that same period. So I just need to know how many people would be interested in attending so if this tournament does happen we'll know how many to expect, and we can get this done. I will update when I get more info if this ends up happening....

For more info on Gamers Universe visit http://www.gamersuniversesd.com/ or call (619) 543-0800

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Last time I went to a Gamers Universe tourney it costed $20 to join and the house took a huge amount of the pot (probably around 75%). Do you know if this one is gonna be any better?

Zephyr

Smash Lord
The last time I went to a Brawl tourney, Singles generally sucked. Do you know if this one is gonna be any better?

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Last time I went to a Gamers Universe tourney it costed $20 to join and the house took a huge amount of the pot (probably around 75%). Do you know if this one is gonna be any better?
Yeah were working that out right now. All I know for sure that the tournament is on May 3. Im going to at the next triweekly and imma be passing out flyers with all the info on it and I will also post the flyer on the forums here when its done, expect it up in about a week.

P.S.
If we can get any suggestions on how you guys want the pot to be divided or on anything else then please let me know. I want a good turn out for this tournament. So any suggestions for on how I can make that happen for you guys just let me know.

Top Bottom