• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

ASP

Smash Apprentice
17th.... for singles and doubles.... not bad.... but I feel like I (censored, no johns!). Well, I guess here goes my shoutouts.

anti - uhh... sorry, don't remeber who you were..... uh some one wanna refresh my memory? But if you were beating me, i'll definately beat you next time!

Jack - Jigglypuff lolz! I found my IC counter! Love the way you dress. :)

Azeem - I didn't even stand a chance... T.T And wtf happened in crews? You murdered us.... Teach me Samus!

Kyle - Shoulda gone Roy vs DK, you woulda won... =P Don't worry, I just got lucky.

Paul Mitchell - Whotf plays Mario? YEA. Just takes some notes :p Jiggs on Mute City owns!

Bruce - O.o Zelda.... ftw? Crazy. I could go jiggs couse Zelda would kill me, so I tried my Samus. You wouldve beat me anyway I tried.

Tony - ITS NOT CHEATING. And It never will be. Hahah, next time for sure!

Rickety and Jon - Too bad we didn't get to play doubles this time. We are your rivals though... =D

Ken adn DSF - zomgwtf crazy.

CAOTIC - DON'T LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will never find as a good of a gamecube resetter as you. =D

*Awaits ridicuosly long post by Rickety*

anti

Smash Journeyman
anti - uhh... sorry, don't remeber who you were..... uh some one wanna refresh my memory? But if you were beating me, i'll definately beat you next time!
I was the guy with the glasses, I played as blue fox, named myself Moo lol, and I have curly hair.
Haha good luck beating me next time :p >_< sucks that there won't be a next time...no more triweeklies :(

EDIT:

*Awaits ridicuosly long post by Rickety*
LOL!

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I was the guy with the glasses, I played as blue fox, named myself Moo lol, and I have curly hair.
Haha good luck beating me next time :p >_< sucks that there won't be a next time...no more triweeklies :(
Dude, Edreese and Rickety are gonna carry them on, aren't they? That's what I heard.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Me and BOSS are thinking about co-hosting some tournies at his place soon. More details later.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OOooooh, I wanna come! If anyonw can set up something for Thursday/Friday night UCSD will come up for training! We need to kick the crap out of other schools

Saur

Smash Apprentice
I second Dodger's comment about David's Kazooie avatar, but I'm sure I'll get used to it @_@

Anywho, I think UCSD will be fine as long as we have our 2 peaches =D

Rickety

Peace and Love
My name is blue! :-P

This was a very fun, a few problems aside, fitting way to finish the triweeklys. <3 Dave.

Time for some shoutouts! (Done in the order of results :-P)

Ken- Nice seeing you again, I still need to play you in TMNT tournament fighter!

DSF- Alex, I finally got to play you! :] We had seen eachother so much, yet mysteriously never have had the chance to play one another :-P too good. So close in teams, your Doc almost had Jon and I! You gotta train me!

CAOTIC- What more can be said about Mr. Cao? <3 Too cute. Can't wait to hang out! If it's not too cold, lets go swimming!

Arash- My Doc almost had your Boozer! Tony avenged me though :] Always fun talking. My OC2 delivery boy! <3

Azeem- Aerospace Engineers shouldn't be allowed to play smash. Too good in singles, doubles, and crews!

Edrees- See my comment about engineers :] It'll be fun running tournaments with you :]

Manacloud- Nice to hang out again. I want my rematch in Street Fighter 2!

PandaX- My favortie Panda and I didn't get to play.... When are we gonna hang out in Mexico?

Champ- Thanks for the idea of "Ricky-T's Restaurant, where smash food is just a SHFFL'd shine away!" Would you like some DieSuperFries with that Champ Combo?

Bruce- Zelda too good! Nice to see you coming to triweekly's again :]

Jeff- SA2Jeff should be your name! Nice job in singles, you're so much better than me now! :] <3 Condo

Romeo619- We've become closer and closer every triweekly, It's always nice playing you, or simply just chatting :]

Tp Fox- cute! too good, you're getting better all the time :] Congrats on your "promotion" to gamecube resetter! <3

Jon619- We beat DSF's team in doubles, but I'm sorry I wasn't able to step it up afterwards :-( Still, Peace and Love had fun, no? :] <3 Jon

The BOSS-cute~

Tp Fox 4/Zack- Wonder boy went easy on me! One day my falco will learn to do more than laser to forward smash :-P probably not, but thanks to your easiness, I have renwed confidence in my Doc :]

ASP- Muffin it up all over the place! It's always too fun playing and hanging out with you and your brother. <3 We need to make a Condo/Rickatony/DoodlesASP/619 hybrid crew! Friends unite!

SNPR- the dave triweeklys were legendary, hopefully Edrees' and mine will be hallf as good :]

Tony- Lil' bro! Moonwalking all over the place! we need to play more whe I'm not working :]

Tp Fox 2/Dave 1000? Too funny.

Doodles- Battlefield Hax in my favor <3 When are we gonna make our ultimate crew of friends? the one at the triweekly was close :]

Araknophobik- You "let" me win! Too good :]

Paul Mitchell- I promise you will not get bracket shafted at the new triweeklys! <3

Nezumi- It was nice meeting you and playing your team in teams :]

Jack- SD's snazziest dresser :]

Juice- I wish we could talk more, but it's always nice to see your face at the triweeklys :]

Eddy- Enter more tournaments!! :]

Saint Patrick- sorry for the up throw to rest jiggly-ness :-P

Saur- awww, thank you for the comment about me carrying the torch! :] I'll try not to let San Diego down!

Bleh- I got to finally use Marth in a tournament! :]

RR- Loved the workout clothes thing going on :] Enter singles! you're good! dont feel bad about your Marth! 619 fo' life! :]

Evan- Lil' cousin! How did your 2nd tournament treat you?

Oops- you finally came back! I missed you! Hope everythingis going well for you :]

Pha- Nice to see Team Underdog back in the saddle, mopping up fools in doubles! :]

Thanks to everyone for the memories and the experiences this past year. I have never felt so welcomed by any videogame community like this :]

To clear up any confusion, this was the last triweekly run by Dave/Caotic. This was NOT the last San Diego triweekly though. Edrees and I are going to continue running triweeklys, most likely after the holiday season :] (There will be some smashfest here and there though before that :] )

With that I present you an advertisement for the next triweekly! <3 Enjoy my poopy art skills!

Here's to the 2007 season of smash! :]

<333 you Dave :]

<3
rickety

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
I didn't place nearly as well this time, I'm starting to take smash more as a fun game than OMG I GOTTA WIN (seriously). I'm playing to learn and I am getting better (I hope), so I hope these can still continue so I can keep getting better while having fun.
really? then you can stop chainthrowing me! :chuckle: LOL jk. meanie.

w00t! iv'e been depicted in the from of a doodle. fitting! <3 that's such an awesome ad! :laugh: @ zack and the 'best player in SD';)

i just wrote an essay; i can't type anymore. real shoutouts later.

SA2Jeff

Smash Apprentice
new forum name and tag for tournies, thanks rickety for helping me out and i'll keep this for now on. top20 for socal right! i'm doing my best

also thx for the banner

Saur

Smash Apprentice
And I dunno Saur.... Gabe's representing CSUN. There's a Yosh for you. =)
Gabe's coming? Goodness... Maybe I'll learn a thing or two. Unless he uses fox instead.

Btw, rickety I love your flyer for the next triweekly! All the drawings are uncanny, actually... except for Edrees, heh. And at first I thought that thing on his shirt was a throbbing human heart, but then I realized it was a turnip @_@

Rickety

Peace and Love
Aww, thank you to everyone for liking the picture! <3 :]

San Diego is the best. Too much love. Maybe that can be a recurring theme for the new triweeklys! Every triweekly, 1 or 2 people can make a little advertisment drawing for one. That would be fun, wouldn't it? I can't wait to see what Edrees whips out!

Oh, and I spoke with Edrees about triweeklys, and we agreed after the holiday season is when the triweeklys will start again. Until then, though, lets hold some tournaments and smashfests! Cheapness Outrage II, perhaps? :]

On another note, to avoid confusion, meyoulou = Rickety! Yay 1 month of paid account, I should reap the benefits while I still can, no? :] I need suggestions as to what my title should be instead of "Smash Director". I know Zack had things like "Falco Master" and "Peach Rebel", I wanna have something snazzy while I still can :-P

Possible Choices:
San Diego Love
Peace and Love
<3
Pulling a Rickety
<3 Caotic
Peace, <3, :]

Any other suggestions? :]

<3
Rickety

jake the boy

Smash Ace
One thing slipped my mind...people were talking about a new rule having to do with choosing stages. I heard you cant ban stages first round, but you can choose not play on a stage if its chosen. And you cant ban stages until the second match and they cant be neutral.

Can someome confirm this? Are these new MLG rules or something?

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
Jeff, why did you take my idea of a name....and worst of all, you stole my banner that my bro made.

I would challenge you in a set to see who gets the name and banner, buty you would win...

rick, pimp status drawing btw

Post 2:

I guess its okay since were in the same crew i think...thats what rick says

Rick make your thingy say: SA1Rickety....erm actually make it say SILVER MUFFIN, best muffin in san diego XD

Rickety

Peace and Love
<3 Dave :]

Jeff, why did you take my idea of a name....and worst of all, you stole my banner that my bro made.

I would challenge you in a set to see who gets the name and banner, buty you would win...

rick, pimp status drawing btw

Post 2:

I guess its okay since were in the same crew i think...thats what rick says

Rick make your thingy say: SA1Rickety....erm actually make it say SILVER MUFFIN, best muffin in san diego XD
Lil' bro! :]

Don't take offense, think of it as two cool guys sharing similar banner styles because they are part of the same crew! Remember, I made him the banner :] You guys are buddies, pals! Stick together! SA1Rickety would be cool... :] Shin-Hadoken! I can't be the best muffin in san diego, because the real best muffin is already the best smasher in SD. period. <3 :-P

ASP

Smash Apprentice
Awesome drawing Rickety! You ownz! It should be a drawing for every triweekly becuase then we could see what Edrees would draw. Also we could see from Azn_Lep, he has the coolest double pandatration banner!

On another note, I heard that Ranbow Cruise is now a neutral stage, meaning it's on random. On singles. Uhhh, really? Please let the answer be no. >_<

By the way again, what are the random stages for doubles? I know there's FD, Yoshis story, Dreamland, PS and battlefield.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
ok! i'll do my real shoutouts now.

let's see...

Nwordtim - aha! i get to keep the rights to my sig! Or something. XD you're an awesome guy, it's fun to play w/ you.

ASP - man we got owned in doubles. hahaha. CHEA

DSF - you're really good. and your teammate really took me by suprise! GG.

CAOTIC - ARg! you got me. =) it seemed like you were annoyed when you were playing me. don't you just love projectiles? :ohwell:

the BOSS - this is where my lack of tourney experience kills me. that was such a wierd match. 1st - close, 2nd - 3 stock, 3rd - 3stock. x_x i'm banning mute city next time for sure. =P GG

KFC crew - you guys are funny, i haven't seen alot of that stuff w/ AR. re-deads are so cool. hahaha. bucket FTW! great crew match as well.

To my hybrid crew - that was fun! we rock. it was fun yelling with all of you guys. especially when andrew missed that rest and Edrees used the volcano kick.

Ken - WOW. you're so good. it's a shame i didn't play you, i hope next time?

Rickety - it wasn't battlefield. you figured me out at the end, how i wasn't going for the sweetspot. it wasn't a good time for me for that to stop working XP

Jon - you're so cheap. LOL jk. it's always fun playing and talking to you. good times. I wish we could've crew'd w/ you! next time 6 man crews!:psycho:

I KNOW i'm forgetting people, so sorry to all those that I forgot.:(

Rickety! your drawing has inspired me. :laugh: i decided to doodle up this during class.

SD ROX MY SOX :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Naw, LOL the only way I could beat you was to take you to a dirty stage. Brinstar wins again XD You're really good though and Link vs Peach is a tough fight :) so congratulations, lol i had fun. :)

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
Doodles, cool drawings. BTW I call rematch on pokemon stadium. : )

Rick and Edress: So when is th next tri weekly going to take place.

Jeff: Sorry hommie, you and me are still ganstarz, I call rematch on peach on FD.

Zack353

Smash Ace
Chain.. that's a good one LOL

I'll stop doing that. As long is it's not on final d XD. I'm determined to enjoy playing this game and place well. Kind of hard, but I'm sure I can pull it off :).

Oh, and Rickety.. does Holiday season = After thanksgiving or Christmas? Either way it's fine with me (and I'm sure the rest of us) because of the Wii.

Rickety

Peace and Love
I nominate Doodles as Triweekly Illustrator and Cell-Phone Lender! <3

I love the picture of me! I got smoked by Azeem... But my hair is still rickety-status floofy! <3 Doodles.

Tony and Zack, the next triweekly will be after the holiday season, which is, yes, after Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Good times :] We'll have plenty of smashfests/makeshift tournaments before then. Or maybe not, we'll all be too busy playing with our Wii's! <3

<3 San Diego

<3
rickety

romeo619

Smash Ace
Awesome drawings hahaha, too good

rickety and edrees, do you guys have a laptop for the triweekly ?

if not, my brother or jon can bring theirs.

edit: i'm down to smash thursday or friday too, i can help train ucsd for space animals :p

Rickety

Peace and Love

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Haha, nice drawing. And you've got a good link. Those were some fun matches -- my Ganon vs. your Link, and then that random match before I had to leave <_<. Look forward to seeing you and everyone else at the future ones NOT HELD BY CAOTIC T_T

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
Chain.. that's a good one LOL

I'll stop doing that. As long is it's not on final d XD. I'm determined to enjoy playing this game and place well. Kind of hard, but I'm sure I can pull it off :).
hahaha, it's ok i don't mind. if i really cared about winning then i'd try to counter pick you. (and still get owned x_x) i just try to make people feel cheap. =P

I nominate Doodles as Triweekly Illustrator and Cell-Phone Lender! <3

I love the picture of me! I got smoked by Azeem... But my hair is still rickety-status floofy! <3 Doodles.
it's truely an honor(and i kind of find it ironic becuase my cell phone is like the worst cell phone, evar. really)! but i hope other people are encouraged to draw too. edrees' and azn lep's banners are masterpieces.

yeah, haha. everyone got smoked by Azeem though. ouch.
Haha, nice drawing. And you've got a good link. Those were some fun matches -- my Ganon vs. your Link, and then that random match before I had to leave <_<. Look forward to seeing you and everyone else at the future ones NOT HELD BY CAOTIC T_T
OH YEAH, those were some good matches. I have no idea what to do against Ganon, especially on stages like yoshi's story. I do know, though, that if you're close to Ganon then you're probably going to die.:)

yes! thurs/fri, I wanna play! you can get some link training from me! (even though nobody uses Link ;_; )

LBK! of CIC

Smash Cadet
it's truely an honor(and i kind of find it ironic becuase my cell phone is like the worst cell phone, evar. really)!
I was actually going to post something along those lines until I saw that you had replied already :p

As always, amazing picture :p

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Doodles, I think that if anything's going to happen, it's going to be at your place since CAOTIC wants to bring UCSD. your place is the only area big enough to hold everyone. Sort of. =/

Top Bottom