• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Zephyr

Smash Lord
<3 Dave :]

Lil' bro! :]

Don't take offense, think of it as two cool guys sharing similar banner styles because they are part of the same crew! Remember, I made him the banner :] You guys are buddies, pals! Stick together! SA1Rickety would be cool... :] Shin-Hadoken! I can't be the best muffin in san diego, because the real best muffin is already the best smasher in SD. period. <3 :-P
Please stop. I'm never going to live that down if you keep on mentioning it. :cry:

EDIT: Whoa, sorry about double post. My bad.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Please stop. I'm never going to live that down if you keep on mentioning it. :cry:
I'm sorry, I don't mean any harm, let's just say that you made quite a commotion in the San Diego scene when you walked through the door trumpeting your crew and yourself, while exerting an aura of arrogance that only drew negative attention from fellow onlookers. A first impression is a lasting impression, and the one you left on us is the one that stays on the minds of most San Diego smashers to this day. In fact, it is your arrogance that makes you the butt of many jokes at smashfests. Don't become the McRusty of San Diego. Please note that none of us, including myself, hate you or anything like that, but until we see some maturity, respect, and, in your case, being humble, you will just be seen as little more than the impression you gave us upon your arrival.

Let's put all egos aside and have fun! Smash is for fun, after all! :]

Friends? :]

Most serious Rickety post ever! :-P

Edit: Vietgamer, my current work schedule is mon-fri 9-5:30 :-/ Maybe we can do something on friday night? A smashfest at the condo sounds about right... :]

Nwordtim

Smash Journeyman
Yah guff what he said

Oh yah me, darkmagic/JFK, and giza is working on a south bay cajun invasion tourney (more like a huge smashfest) in the near future so look out for that and remember kids bring a #2 pencil

P.S. I barely read rickety post so I really don't know what I'm agreeing to

SA2Jeff

Smash Apprentice
So what is the deal with this thursday/friday? i want to smash and w/ ucsd well adonis needs to b/c that fool has bailed on me the past month and now its the real thing lol. i'm going to ask boss if we can smash at his place. i went there a few weeks ago and his garage is perfect for a smashfest, it can easily fit 6-8 tv's and plenty of space for chairs and theres in n out about 5 minutes away so theres food.

i'll update when i get more info

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
So what is the deal with this thursday/friday? i want to smash and w/ ucsd well adonis needs to b/c that fool has bailed on me the past month and now its the real thing lol. i'm going to ask boss if we can smash at his place. i went there a few weeks ago and his garage is perfect for a smashfest, it can easily fit 6-8 tv's and plenty of space for chairs and theres in n out about 5 minutes away so theres food.

i'll update when i get more info
that'd be cool. >_> though it might be a bit of a trek for UCSD.

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
Good tournament! Green Apples = too good! ^__^

Yay for not being only girl there!

nice to meet alot of you!

ASP

Smash Apprentice
Oceanside is so far away... ;_; Luckily, I don't drive. =D

So anyway, uhh what are teh new rules??? No one responed to my other post, so I'll post again... Rainbow Cruise on random for singles? What are random stages for doubles?

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
Just look on the MLG site. No Rainbow Cruise is not on random for singles.
mlgpro.com

P.S. - check out my new and totally original sig. i should change my name to SA3Cameron. LOL jk.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Someone please sum up, in one post, what might be going down Thursday/Friday, and where. I've got nothin goin on Friday after 3 (going in to get my work schedule at Gamestop =D) and Smash would be nice.

BTW, Doodles, I heard somewhere you live somewhere near me. I'm in Carmel Mountain -- where are you? Maybe we could get together and smash/hang out sometime. I don't get enough practice outside of tournaments as it is.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Evolution 2004 banners for the win! Maybe we should all take up Third Strike for the holidays :-P Justin Wong VS Daigo action!

I'm sure everyone has seen it, but:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np_5BHmaSI4

Green apples are too good! Hi Nezumi :]

Saint Patrick, what part of carmel mountain are you from? the part closer to Torrey Pines/PQ, or the part in Rancho Bernardo? :]

Let's see what happens between Jeff and the boss, or maybe we can hold a makeshift tournament somewhere else. :]

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
yoo

what's going on gentlemen. so check it... it is quite possible that i could host a smashfest again this friday. i'm actually thinking about doing these every few weeks or so. as jeff said, my pad is pretty chill for smash and we deff. have a lot of rrom for tvs and cubes. let me know asap if u are comming so i can estimate what we need n stuff. this isn't for sure yet, but i'd say there is a 65% chance we can smash. if we get enough people, we can also make it a small tourney. holla back.

death matches will be taking place again...

SA2Jeff

Smash Apprentice
So I just got off the phone with BOSS and it looks like we can play at his pad this friday. We just need a head count to know how many people are going, so far its me and most likely asp/doodles. Can the UCSD team make it to this to practice? or are you guys having your own thing, if so let me know or let BOSS know, i just want to get some practice in before this saturday.

Evolution 2004 banners for the win! Maybe we should all take up Third Strike for the holidays :-P Justin Wong VS Daigo action!

btw that daigo parry is like so stupid i can't even imagine , i bet its like powershielding every falco SHL, i think..not sure about frames or what not BUT i know that **** is crazy. chun li ftw
i am down to play 3s this holiday break but of course smash also, but 3s would be a nice change, do you have it rickety? b/c i don't but i think my friend has the dc version and from what i heard its better than the ps2 version

paulmitchel haircare

Smash Apprentice
A saintspat, if carmel mountain and mt. Carmel is the same thing then I live/work close to you. I'm here at clairmount and my pads at ted williams if you know where its at and would like to smash sometimes.

And boss, count me in. I'll go (not sure about the crew) for sure this time.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace

Green apples are too good! Hi Nezumi :]

Saint Patrick, what part of carmel mountain are you from? the part closer to Torrey Pines/PQ, or the part in Rancho Bernardo? :]

Let's see what happens between Jeff and the boss, or maybe we can hold a makeshift tournament somewhere else. :]
The part closer to Rancho Bernardo. I go to RB High, and live by the plaza with Pacific Theaters, Circuit City, etc. if you know where that is.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
A saintspat, if carmel mountain and mt. Carmel is the same thing then I live/work close to you. I'm here at clairmount and my pads at ted williams if you know where its at and would like to smash sometimes.

Eh, they're not quite the same thing, but Mt Carmel (as judging by the high school) is about a 10-15 minute drive from here depending on time of day, luck with stoplights, and traffic...hah.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
LOL I love that video. That commentator is awesome. Daigo is great. Just goes to show:
shippu jinrai kyaku > houyouku sen

It IS pretty hard to parry though. my record is 4 hits. =P But I rarely play anymore.

@ Jeff/BOSS - what time? i want to avoid traffic at all costs. +_+ ucsd you should comeee

@ saintpat - me and asp live literally a block away from mt. carmel. and you got a job at gamestop?? man, i wanna do that.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Yeah, I got a job at the gamestop in Carmel Mountain near Ralphs/Rite-aid, and slightly near Pacific Theaters if you have any idea where those are. Haven't started yet, but I go in and get my schedule on Friday =D

When I get my license at the end of the month, maybe I'll cruise over to your place and hang out occasionally, smash it up =P.

Rickety

Peace and Love
The part closer to Rancho Bernardo. I go to RB High, and live by the plaza with Pacific Theaters, Circuit City, etc. if you know where that is.

Hee! <3

Tony and I live in Rancho Bernardo! We had always joked around saying we were the 2 best in RB, seeing how it's a senior community! :-P But now I see we have someone who would definitley be considered the 3rd best in RB! how cool! Tony goes to RB High (I already graduated) and always wanted to have a smash tournament at the school, but always complained that everyone in RB only plays Wow and Halo... :-P You should come to my friends videogame parties he has every couple weeks, we usaully play older games (NES and SNES and n64) but we also smash it up (64 and Melee). those are always fun :]

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Hee! <3

Tony and I live in Rancho Bernardo! We had always joked around saying we were the 2 best in RB, seeing how it's a senior community! :-P But now I see we have someone who would definitley be considered the 3rd best in RB! how cool! Tony goes to RB High (I already graduated) and always wanted to have a smash tournament at the school, but always complained that everyone in RB only plays Wow and Halo... :-P You should come to my friends videogame parties he has every couple weeks, we usaully play older games (NES and SNES and n64) but we also smash it up (64 and Melee). those are always fun :]
You've gotta be kidding me...as I was eating lunch, I saw someone walk by who I thought looked a lot like Tony, but I disregarded it because I didn't think anyone at my school played smash like I do. Wow...next time I'll have to say hi. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea =P and I love the older games. I still have my NES, SNES, and my 100+ games collection from both, so even if it's not just smash I'm definitely game. Just tell me when and where, and I'll be there!

Tell Tony to keep an eye out for me too at school, though I doubt he remembers me or what I look like.

And yes, the WoW and Halo thing is probably true, sadly. My group plays WoW...I used to play WoW. It's like a drug. There still wouldn't be enough decent people for a tournament, but it's an improvement for sure. There was a video game club my freshmen year, and I went to it for one day...couldn't really stand the people. Just...weird...antisocial people. So I really fear for starting another one haha.

jdragoonl

Smash Rookie

i thought you live down south in chula vista? or is that only romeo and jon, i'm confused

Rickety

Peace and Love
Romeo, I must be dumb, deaf, or blind, but I still can't understand your response post (# 1936) about housing. I think Edrees was asking if we could use the laptop for brackets, not for housing? I'm sorry, I'm so confused by that post, it boggles my mind :-( Can someone help me understand?

St. Patrick, for sure! next time we have a party, i'll put it up on the boards :] By the way, who else plays smash in RB that you know of? For the longest time, we used to have little 8 or 16 man tournaments jokingly referred to as the "King of Rancho Bernardo" tournaments. The most we ever had was 22 RB people enter, and that was fun :] who else do you know plays?

P.S. Good luck at Gamestop :] I had a friend there who quit after complaining about the strictness of the managers there. Say hi to Anthony for me! :]

What happened to SA2Jeff? :-P I still type in "meyoulou" out of habit :-P

Rickety, you gotta invite me to one of your Videogame parties.

For sure! I'm gonna ask my friend when the next party is. If it happens this week, it would probably fall on a friday night, but we're generally pretty flexible with times. When would work best for you? I miss you already! :(

<3
rickety

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I know my friends, but none of them are interested in going to tournaments or playing using anything more than the basics, and probably wouldn't be interested in going. (They're SSBM fun-suckers...). There's my friend Ryan who was at the last Triweekly that I could try and get in contact with, but he goes to a different school and I haven't really kept in touch so it might be a bit difficult. But yeah, that'd be awesome. Just put it on the board and if I'm not otherwise occupied I'll definitely make it. And I hope to see you there as well, Caotic.

romeo619

Smash Ace
Romeo, I must be dumb, deaf, or blind, but I still can't understand your response post (# 1936) about housing. I think Edrees was asking if we could use the laptop for brackets, not for housing? I'm sorry, I'm so confused by that post, it boggles my mind :-( Can someone help me understand?
nah he said his only concern was the laptop, but i'm also concerned about housing LA people, since CAOTIC and him were the only people that could house, butttt iunno, no problem with the laptop though

edit: yea all of 619 is down to smash tomorrow

SA2Jeff

Smash Apprentice
What happened to SA2Jeff? :-P I still type in "meyoulou" out of habit :-P

oops. i was on my mozilla browser b/c thats what i use all the time since i cant seem to log out of jdragoonl on it, i have to use internet explorer to use sa2jeff, just not used to that yet

ok so we have 619,me+a few condo members,asp/doodles?, no word from ucsd yet so thats estimated at least 9 so far, oh and if rickety and tony are going thats 11 + ucsd possibility.

i need to death match again...i lost 2 lives already now i need to take them back from boss and doodles, god dam doodles COMBO! and boss just random rest like..wow

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
oops. i was on my mozilla browser b/c thats what i use all the time since i cant seem to log out of jdragoonl on it, i have to use internet explorer to use sa2jeff, just not used to that yet

ok so we have 619,me+a few condo members,asp/doodles?, no word from ucsd yet so thats estimated at least 9 so far, oh and if rickety and tony are going thats 11 + ucsd possibility.

i need to death match again...i lost 2 lives already now i need to take them back from boss and doodles, god dam doodles COMBO! and boss just random rest like..wow
hey I never said we were going. we might. unless something else comes up, we probably will. my combos pwn you son =P

Hee! <3

retro games FTW! we still have our old NES... sadly we're missing a cord that hooks up to the TV so we can't play it...! argh, it pains me to think about all the SM3, contra and TMNT we're missing ;_;

those sound like fun. i miss snes and n64.

anybody wanna do something tonight? me and ASP are free.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
BOSS's SoCal Smashfest (times 2)

Bring a tv or cube if u can, never hurts to have a few extras! WE NEED CHAIRS!

The Details:

Contact- cell: 760-277-3522 aim: XcaptainZERO
When- 10 November 2006 (This FRIDAY)
Where- 5456 Gooseberry Way 92057 Oceanside CA
Time- 12:00 noon- whenev
Cost- FREE!!! YEY! (bring money and/or your soul for mm's and dm's) ha

Set Up:

It's gonna be in my garage, were gonna have a few fatty tables and were aiming for 4/5 tv's and cubes.

What People Are Bringing:

-Rofa- 2 cubes, 1 tv
-Halo- 1 cube, 1 tv
-Jeff- 1 tv
-Deth- 1 tv, 1 cube

FOOD:

There is an In and Out like 7 minutes away from my place. There is also a taco bell, macdonalds, carls jr. and mutiple pizza places like 5 minutes away for those of you whom are mentally disabled and for some reason don't like In and Out.

NOTE: BRING SOME CASH INCASE YA'LL WANT A TOURNEY

NOTE: If comming up from san diegoish area, take 5 NORTH, exit on 76, take 76 EAST all the way down (like 7.3 miles). Then make a LEFT on Guajome Lake Rd (light). Go up hill, then down the hill, then continue to go straight (it veers to right, but go straight) then make right on Gooseberry Way and my house in on right side all the way down.

much love

p.s. I'm sure everyone has had a mm before, that is a money match... but to keep the traditions alive from last smashfest, Death Matches will be taking place once again. So far Jeff is the only one who has died. tisk tisk. So, come this friday and play for your life!

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
retro games FTW! we still have our old NES... sadly we're missing a cord that hooks up to the TV so we can't play it...! argh, it pains me to think about all the SM3, contra and TMNT we're missing ;_;

those sound like fun. i miss snes and n64.

anybody wanna do something tonight? me and ASP are free.
I'm game for doing something tonight, I've got nothing to do. Contact me on AIM or PM me here (AIM will be better as I check it more than smashboards) and I'll get you my cell number if you're still down for something. Maybe Rickety and Tony would wanna join us as well? If it's just a few people, I think my parents would be okay with something goin on at my house. I've got a pool table, and a 65" widescreen for some hardcore gaming =D We'll see what's goin on.

vietgamer1021

Smash Journeyman
San Diego, California (being bored, so I'm going t
im bored im out of school

its thursday, im bored cuz theres a smashfest 2morrow

so ill need a ride cuz i have a marching band rehersal form 8 till noonish

so i need a ride

if i dont make it, then i send much SD love to all the smashers (rickety and tony, id love to hang with you guys and ASP and doodles :))

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
BOSS and Saint Patrick ftw :)
Haha thanks, although I doubt I'll ever be having anything major at my house. Big house, not too many practical places for TVs to go though since the garage is really cluttered. The only thing I could use my houes for is small get-togethers =/. Not to brag, but we have a pretty nice house, and I'm gonna doubt that my parents would trust a bunch of people they don't know over here. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a few people though =P

Top Bottom