• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Actually San Diego State (University) and University of San Diego are different. If you were to take public trans, check out going to SDSU Transit Center. Either is ok for me, I work nights at 8pm so we would have to be done around 7:30pm ish.

Rickety

Peace and Love
WTF PEOPLE STILL PLAY THIS GAME!!!! Why u guys no hold friendlies.
Tim! My goodness, it's so great to hear from you, it's been forever! <3

I'm going to be in San Diego next week for a conference, and I'll have some free time Friday and Saturday. It'd be cool to meet up with some smashers if anyone's free. I haven't had a chance to play much the past two years, so I'm itching to get back in the game.
Ooh, it'd be so cool to play with you! What area are you going to be staying in, Mission Beach?

---

Let's make something happen, my lovely fellow San Diegans! <3

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Just to make sure there is no confusion

University of California San Diego (UCSD) - Bigger group of smashers who need to post their availability here
San Diego State University (SDSU) - My place is near here and a smaller group of smashers
University of San Diego (USD) - no smashers

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Actually San Diego State (University) and University of San Diego are different.
Ohhh, right you are. In that case, it looks like I'm equidistant from SDSU and UCSD, so whatever everyone else wants is fine by me.

Rickety: this is me

It looks like a lot of people are interested, which is awesome. Let's plan something. When and where are you available?

Rickety

Peace and Love
Hey there, everyone!
We shouldn't squander this opportunity to play with someone as cool as Bluezaft! Besides, we can't be bad hosts, it's not the San Diego way! <3

Even though I live pretty out of the way in Rancho Bernardo, I'm going to be in Ocean Beach most of today, which is immediately south of Misson Beach! If anyone plans on hosting anything anywhere today, I would be more than happy to give you a ride there, Bluezaft!

If not, then I guess I'll just have to take him to my house, where he'll be forced to play with someone as stinky/bad/scrubby/lacking as me! <3

Let's not let him down, San Diego! <3

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Friday sounds like a winner to me.

If anyone plans on hosting anything anywhere today, I would be more than happy to give you a ride there, Bluezaft!
Whoops, I don't think I was very clear that this is next week. It's an awesome offer though, and if it still stands next Friday, I'll definitely take you up on it.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
ken's food truck will be pretty close to campus on friday 4/27. he's scheduled to be at:
3377 N. Torrey Pines Court, Suite 210
La Jolla, CA 92037 11-1:30 PM

Sizzle

I paint controllers
OK well since nobody from UCSD has really responded here or facebook, I'll just go ahead and organize things for my place on Friday. You can start coming any time after 12pm. I have work at 8pm, so you'll have to leave around 7:30-7:45pm. Bryant and I played the new Project:M demo yesterday and it's really fun so we'll probably have a setup with that on it. You guys might need to bring another TV depending on how many people plan on showing up.

6560 Montezuma Road #116
San Diego, CA 92115

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Awesome, thanks for hosting. I have a couple interviews Friday morning, but I should make it out to your place between 1 and 2. Also, would I be able to borrow a controller?

See everyone there.

Xacius

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing Project:M a lot lately and I even have a livestream set up.

If UCSD people are interested, I could bring a P:M setup and the livestream for funzies.

Let me know. It's a lot of fun!

bluezaft

The True Zaft
So I'm fine with taking the bus, but if anyone wanted to give me a ride, I'd definitely throw down for gas =)

Sizzle

I paint controllers
So I'm fine with taking the bus, but if anyone wanted to give me a ride, I'd definitely throw down for gas =)
Not sure if Rick will be around tomorrow to give you a ride or not. But my place is really close to a trolley station. In fact I checked Google Maps just now and it takes you to the right place. Bus 8 to Old Town, then take Green Line trolley towards Santee and get off at Alvarado Station. You can give me a call or text at 512-948-2858 when you get close and I can come down and get you. My name is Josh and I look forward to meeting you.

For everyone else, we're probably going to need another setup. Can anyone bring one? Also if you are driving, you can park at Ralphs grocery store a block away or on Reservoir Drive right next to my apartment. You will prolly have to know how to parallel park on the street. See everyone tomorrow.

Xacius

Smash Apprentice
Ah ok. Well I'm not either, just wondering where you were located. I have pretty regular smashfests in the SDSU college area, so you're welcome to join us any time.
For sure man! I'm always interested in meeting new smashers. Live streaming is great too. Let me know when you're going to have the next event.

Top Bottom